2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

New Titleist Woods 2020/2021

Message added by easyyy

Excited to get mine but likely going to be once the season ends up here now or we go into lockdown again

• Like 1

ForTourUseOnly's WITB

Titleist TSR3 9 w/ Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei 1K Pro Orange 60 TX

Titleist TSR2+ 14.5 w/ Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei 1K Pro Orange 80 TX

Titleist TSR1 20 w/ Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei CK Pro White 100 HY TX

Titleist T200U 2i - 19° w/ Mitsubishi Chemical MMT UT Utility Iron 105 TX

Titleist T150 4i, T100 5i-9i w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Vokey SM9 47F, 51.5F, 56S, 60.05T w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue

Scotty Cameron Timeless 2.5 SSS Tourtype Prototype

I’ve bought enough golf clubs that I’m not one of those if so-and-so is playing that club maybe I should, but when I’ve hit some of the same equipment that guys on tour play that actually fit my eye and seem pretty decent, I kind of say to myself, well I can see why they are playing that club too because it really works well for me. But watching the local tournament on TV that’s in town right now, I caught a glimpse of Jim Furyk finishing a driver swing, and he’s a huge Callaway guy and to see him driving the ball as good as he did today with a Titleist driver I’m excited to see how that new Titleist driver performs, because I’ve never really owned a Titleist driver I’m normally a ping or a Taylormade guy.

2801BB70-BBDE-4386-B707-367BAC9D603D.jpeg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, molecularman said:

The TSi3 is such a good looking club.  I've said it in a few other threads now,  but gosh, every time I see it I want to hit it.   I feel like Wayne looking at the white Stratocaster.  

What are the advantages or disadvantages between the two and the three, that is the new one coming out thanks.

8 minutes ago, JerryTBall said:

What are the advantages or disadvantages between the two and the three, that is the new one coming out thanks.

From my understanding:   The 2 has a longer shape (top to back) for larger MOI, with the weight as far back and low.   So more like a TM SIM Max The TSi3 has more of a classic shape with a move-able weight, much like the standard SIM,  but appears to have a slightly deeper face and perhaps lower spinning.

No idea if this will translate well but from an extremely simple perspective the “bulge” on the rear of the club will be more towards the toe, on the 2 it will be more towards the heel. 

2 is on the right and the back of the club clearly is shaped with the bulge more neutral or towards toe. 

image.jpeg.c7aa8c3e78f7952db8e73aff2a64678a.jpeg

Edited by Stetson
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Driver: Ping G410 LST (Diamana ZF)
5w:  Titleist TS2 (Ventus Blue)
3H: Titleist 818 H2 (Ventus Blue HB)
or 3i: Cobra King Utility 21* (Tour AD DI)
4-P: PXG 0311T (KBS $-Taper)
Wedges: 51* Edel TRP, 55* Edel DVR, 60* Cally MD5
Putter: PXG Mini Gunboat H

9 minutes ago, Stetson said:

No idea if this will translate well but from an extremely simple perspective the “bulge” on the rear of the club will be more towards the toe, on the 2 it will be more towards the heel. 

3 is on the right and the back of the club clearly is shaped with the bulge more neutral or towards toe. 

image.jpeg.c7aa8c3e78f7952db8e73aff2a64678a.jpeg

Must be the angle.. the 3 on the right looks bigger to me than the 2... I would have guessed the TSi3 was on the left...

Titleist TSR4 8*  Ventus Black TR 6x
Titleist TSr3 13.5 Ventus Black TR 7x
Mizuno Pro 221 4-pw Modus 125x
Vokey SM9 52.08F 56.08M 60.04T
Scotty Newport Button Back or
Scotty Select 1/500 Newport Black Mist

Looking at the current TS2 they say this, “

The TS2 Driver brings more speed to your game by letting you swing aggressively with maximum forgiveness across the face.

For the player who wants explosive speed and forgiveness across the face.” I will probably be looking in that direction on the new one especially if they’ve improved it. My only thing that I’m struggling with in my head is I always go for a 10 1/2° and whenever I adjust the 10 1/2° to say nine or 875 I still always hit it high enough so I’m wondering if I should just go with a 9°

Edited by JerryTBall

17 minutes ago, FOOTJOY16 said:

Must be the angle.. the 3 on the right looks bigger to me than the 2... I would have guessed the TSi3 was on the left...

I had a typo. The 2 was on the right. I corrected it in my post.  The driver in the right with the weight being heel side just visually looks like you should come from the inside and hit up on the ball. 

Edited by Stetson
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, JerryTBall said:

Looking at the current TS2 they say this, “

The TS2 Driver brings more speed to your game by letting you swing aggressively with maximum forgiveness across the face.

For the player who wants explosive speed and forgiveness across the face.” I will probably be looking in that direction on the new one especially if they’ve improved it. My only thing that I’m struggling with in my head is I always go for a 10 1/2° and whenever I adjust the 10 1/2° to say nine or 875 I still always hit it high enough so I’m wondering if I should just go with a 9°

In the past the more forgiving of the two Titleist drivers has had a decent presence in Tour. Lists of guys gaming D2 over the years. But I haven’t seen a single TSi2 yet in the pics out there. There likely is a TSi2 on tour somewhere but yet to be reported

I believe they said that somebody in Las Vegas is gaming one and somebody on the European tour this week but they have the tournament for the champions tour this week in town and I was hitting some balls with Woody Austin who is kind of a Titleist guy there was somebody else Stankowski was there but from what I understand they don’t bring the equipment to them like they do for the regular tour players they’re pretty much not able to get the new stuff at the tournament from what he was telling me

Not overly surprising that they don’t have a tour truck there but it is surprising they can’t get the equipment around the same time as the PGA guys. 

I greatly prefer the look of the 3 but if the 2 got me the correct launch parameters it would be hard to justify using the 3. 

I hear what you’re saying about the tour guys and the senior guys just an example last year, Colin Montgomery was tired of like everybody Blowin by him off the tee, He was looking at what most of the guys were playing and just like the guy I was playing with Joe Durant most of them we’re hitting the G 400 and a lot of them with just the stock shaft so he went to golf galaxy after his round and got fitted for one and played with it the rest of the rounds LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’m sure there are ping drivers from past years that are high gloss finish, but I think it’s  why I prefer the modern flat/matte finish of ping drivers, thus why I will play like the M5 and g410. Wonder if titlest is ever going to make one, or stay with gloss cause reflects quality, for lack of another reason I can think of. I know lots people like that polished finish, too much reflection for me.  

I had a TS2 briefly a few years ago. It was so straight and easy to hit. Very good high MOI weight-back style head.  I hit it every bit as well as my PING G410 plus. It was one of those clubs where sometimes I wonder why I ever sold it.

• Like 1

Ai Smoke ♦️♦️♦️ 9* Ventus TR Blue 6x

BRNR Mini 13.5 Kaili White 60x

TSR3 18* Ventus TR Red 7x
TSR3 24* IZ 95x
Ping Blueprint S 5-PW $-Taper 120

PING S159 50, 55, 60h 
Phantom X 7

I have the current TS2, I wanted to get the TS3 for the lower spin and what i expected to be more distance but i didn't hit as straight and consistent, dispersion was much wider with the 3.  Cant wait to get fitted for the new TSi and see if this years 3 is longer and forgiving.  The TS2 is really good. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JerryTBall said:

You know I did not realize how much this new Titleist driver was gonna cost I was just out at the course chipping and putting some balls, and the pro says  do you know that new Titleist without any upgrade starts out at almost $700 or more....... really?

Thought it was mentioned before at 549

28 minutes ago, JerryTBall said:

You know I did not realize how much this new Titleist driver was gonna cost I was just out at the course chipping and putting some balls, and the pro says  do you know that new Titleist without any upgrade starts out at almost $700 or more....... really?

👀

Maybe he has a really, really high sales tax rate. 

I can’t imagine it being priced above $549 with stock options.  Unless it comes with multiple weights, a Stitch (or eq) headcover, a dozen ProV’s and a Sizzler coupon. 

Edited by Stetson
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Stetson said:

👀

Maybe he has a really, really high sales tax rate. 

I can’t imagine it being priced above $549 with stock options.  Unless it comes with multiple weights, a Stitch (or eq) headcover, a dozen ProV’s and a Sizzler coupon. 

Sizzler 😂 I haven’t seen one of those since the 80s, we are at 6 1/2% here

Edited by JerryTBall

I have a question as far’s getting a fitting, I know we have a club Champion in this town and from what I understand let’s say the driver cost 550, is it true that when you go there for a fitting if you end up purchasing the driver you walk out of there owing like an extra $100 to $200 or whatever they charge, because they charge for that fitting. I’ve heard Also the one issue with being fit there although they have every shaft you could ever want it’s a universal adapter so you could try any driver head you want but I heard that adapter actually makes the swing weight much higher because of the weight of that adapter so you’re not getting a true fitting for lack of a better word is that true about the cost and that adapter?

20 minutes ago, JerryTBall said:

I have a question as far’s getting a fitting, I know we have a club Champion in this town and from what I understand let’s say the driver cost 550, is it true that when you go there for a fitting if you end up purchasing the driver you walk out of there owing like an extra $100 to $200 or whatever they charge, because they charge for that fitting. I’ve heard Also the one issue with being fit there although they have every shaft you could ever want it’s a universal adapter so you could try any driver head you want but I heard that adapter actually makes the swing weight much higher because of the weight of that adapter so you’re not getting a true fitting for lack of a better word is that true about the cost and that adapter?

If thats true about the adapter then how can they truly "fit" you? Also i believe if you are team titleist member you can book a free fitting. I scheduled mine for the 29th and stated nothing about a fee. 

Just now, btyh said:

If thats true about the adapter then how can they truly "fit" you? Also i believe if you are team titleist member you can book a free fitting. I scheduled mine for the 29th and stated nothing about a fee. 

Like I said this is what I heard from other fitters, because I always ask them why I can’t try this shaft or that shaft in a different head and they did not have a shaft for that head they only had this kind of shaft or that kind of shaft and then I mentioned about the one adapter fits all and that’s when I was told it changes the dynamic of that club because it’s actually heavier so I’m just going by what I’m told. Also how do you become a team Titleist member to sign up on your webpage or what?