2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

New Titleist Woods 2020/2021

Message added by easyyy

4 minutes ago, JerryTBall said:

Like I said this is what I heard from other fitters, because I always ask them why I can’t try this shaft or that shaft in a different head and they did not have a shaft for that head they only had this kind of shaft or that kind of shaft and then I mentioned about the one adapter fits all and that’s when I was told it changes the dynamic of that club because it’s actually heavier so I’m just going by what I’m told. Also how do you become a team Titleist member to sign up on your webpage or what?

Sorry sir this makes no sense to me. Titleist fitters do a great job in my opinion. 

27 minutes ago, SBH9458 said:

Sorry sir this makes no sense to me. Titleist fitters do a great job in my opinion. 

I’m not seeing Titleist fitters I was asking about being fit at club Champion I don’t know who or how they do I’ve never been there I assume it’s like a golf galaxy except they have everything and one adapter for any head and the shaft that’s what I have understood I’m not talking about Titleist fitters I was asking how do you become a team Titleist I’m talking about the company club Champion that fits people. Like this guy at our club he went there and got fit for a set of PXG irons and I think the irons cost normally one $2400 and he actually ended up paying like almost 3000 after the fitting because of the cost of the fitting I don’t know am I right or am I wrong I’m sorry enlighten me?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JerryTBall said:

I’m not seeing Titleist fitters I was asking about being fit at club Champion I don’t know who or how they do I’ve never been there I assume it’s like a golf galaxy except they have everything and one adapter for any head and the shaft that’s what I have understood I’m not talking about Titleist fitters I was asking how do you become a team Titleist I’m talking about the company club Champion that fits people. Like this guy at our club he went there and got fit for a set of PXG irons and I think the irons cost normally one $2400 and he actually ended up paying like almost 3000 after the fitting because of the cost of the fitting I don’t know am I right or am I wrong I’m sorry enlighten me?

Club Champion charged full MSRP for components and that likely is the cause of his expense. 

if you buy a TSi3 with ADIZ it may cost $700 from a retail shop but CC will charge you $550 for the club plus $360 for the shaft. Thus $910. 

He likely bought $2400 irons and $400 up charge shafts. Then tack on tax and it is $3k

Driver: Ping G410 LST (Diamana ZF)
5w:  Titleist TS2 (Ventus Blue)
3H: Titleist 818 H2 (Ventus Blue HB)
or 3i: Cobra King Utility 21* (Tour AD DI)
4-P: PXG 0311T (KBS $-Taper)
Wedges: 51* Edel TRP, 55* Edel DVR, 60* Cally MD5
Putter: PXG Mini Gunboat H

15 minutes ago, JerryTBall said:

If you have a real Titleist fitter, there will little to no surprises for cost. You'll know what you are into. Not sure what all else to that which you may be referring. 

Stetson, Have you ever heard of this universal adapter where they can use it on one shaft and 10 different driver heads has anybody ever been fit for one that you know of and if so do you know what the swing weight was

I have heard of it, you can buy them if you want online. As for the weight a couple grams in the hosel is less impactful than a couple grams in the head. In reality I wouldn’t give much thought to it. Heck if we want to get into 2 grams in the hosel than we should probably worry about manufacturing tolerances in grips, amount of epoxy used, etc. 

I wouldn’t expect it to effect SW more than 1 point. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m sorry if I’m making this confusing I’m gonna put it in just one simple statement. I was told OK let me state this I’ve been fitted by four different fitters one has been in this area for 30 years as has the other. I was told if I had any questions or concerns after being fit by them I’m welcome to go to club Champion and pay anywhere from two to $300 more after being fit for the same club. That does not contain the most what I’m talking about is The use of a universal adapter that actually weighs more than the stock adapter does. A lot of fitters do not have this universal adapter they don’t believe in it because it actually throws the swing weight off as what I was talking about and I don’t want to go get fit for a club win the product number to get for real is different and then I may be dissatisfied that’s all I’m saying is how accurate the universal adapter is with the actual real adapter

2 minutes ago, Stetson said:

I have heard of it, you can buy them if you want online. As for the weight a couple grams in the hosel is less impactful than a couple grams in the head. In reality I wouldn’t give much thought to it. Heck if we want to get into 2 grams in the hosel than we should probably worry about manufacturing tolerances in grips, amount of epoxy used, etc. 

I wouldn’t expect it to effect SW more than 1 point. 

Thanks, I just know for myself if I have a driver that is pushing close to D3 it actually affects me more than you would think. Just like when I cut my shaft on my G 25 and it went to C7 I couldn’t control it at all. I need it between zero and D2

I’m sorry if I’m making this confusing I’m gonna put it in just one simple statement. I was told OK let me state this I’ve been fitted by four different fitters one has been in this area for 30 years as has the other. I was told if I had any questions or concerns after being fit by them I’m welcome to go to club Champion and pay anywhere from two to $300 more after being fit for the same club. That does not contain the most what I’m talking about is The use of a universal adapter that actually weighs more than the stock adapter does. A lot of fitters do not have this universal adapter they don’t believe in it because it actually throws the swing weight off as what I was talking about and I don’t want to go get fit for a club win the product number to get for real is different and then I may be dissatisfied that’s all I’m saying is how accurate the universal adapter is with the actual real adapter

One simple statement???

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, SBH9458 said:

One simple statement???

So it’s a little bit more than simple. And just to be clear I’m not putting anybody down I’m just questioning because everybody has their own way of fitting you like the one guy that fits me for my Mizuno stuff he uses three cameras and an iPad on a driving range out in the middle of a cow pasture and a shoot you from three different angles and that works and the other one for my Driver and other clubs it’s in a hitting bay using a launch monitor and a big screen TV, but you do pay retail sometimes you pay for shipping plus tax

Edited by JerryTBall

See like around this area and it may be true for other places a few people don’t trust one fit or possibly over the other, they think they might be just trying to sell them the most popular iron so they’ll go to one fitter and get fit and then they’ll go to another and see if they get the same result. But the problem is around this area at least my experience, if you go to get fit and you don’t buy the clubs it’s like a charge of like 150 I think like a whole bag fitting is like 350 but if you buy the clubs from them I don’t believe they charge you and I’m guessing that’s true anywhere

Edited by JerryTBall

I understand what you are saying Jerry. 

Most fitters in your area have a different cart for each vendor with a handful of shafts. Club Champion is a different animal as they have all the shafts and use a universal connector for them. 

I know you believe the universal adapter weighs more and may cause an issue. The Club Connex is within 1.5g of most OEM’s. Meaning less than 1 SW point. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, realitycheck said:

If this is accurate, I'm out.  Insane

It’s not.  Can’t reveal the price now.  Bit its much closer to the current model tham anything like $700

• Like 1

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

Just now, Stetson said:

I understand what you are saying Jerry. 

Most fitters in your area have a different cart for each vendor with a handful of shafts. Club Champion is a different animal as they have all the shafts and use a universal connector for them. 

I know you believe the universal adapter weighs more and may cause an issue. The Club Connex is within 1.5g of most OEM’s. Meaning less than 1 SW point. 

Thanks buddy, to tell you the truth because I’ve never hit any of the TS drivers if there’s no huge difference between the older and the newer one someone let me know and I’ll just go with last year‘s model for the current TS2

16 minutes ago, JerryTBall said:

So it’s a little bit more than simple. And just to be clear I’m not putting anybody down I’m just questioning because everybody has their own way of fitting you like the one guy that fits me for my Mizuno stuff he uses three cameras and an iPad on a driving range out in the middle of a cow pasture and a shoot you from three different angles and that works and the other one for my Driver and other clubs it’s in a hitting bay using a launch monitor and a big screen TV, but you do pay retail sometimes you pay for shipping plus tax

Just quoting you as “one simple statement.”  Seems like you agreed with everyone else that it isn’t quite that simple.  

1 minute ago, JerryTBall said:

I’ve come to find in this world nothing is simple. You think 20 years in the Navy I know how to drive a submarine well I do but it ain’t easy LOL

I clearly do not know your fitter. But his statements are caused by one of two reasons. 1). motivation to get the sale. 2). Ignorance about what his competition actually uses. 

Which is accurate is up to you to decide. I am not a big CC fan as they are notorious for running up the tab and fitting you into unnecessarily expensive things. Location specific of course. 

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Stetson said:

Club Champion charged full MSRP for components and that likely is the cause of his expense. 

if you buy a TSi3 with ADIZ it may cost $700 from a retail shop but CC will charge you $550 for the club plus $360 for the shaft. Thus $910. 

He likely bought $2400 irons and $400 up charge shafts. Then tack on tax and it is $3k

In addition they do charge for the fitting, even if you buy the club.  I think a driver fitting is $150 or so. 

33 minutes ago, JerryTBall said:

Stetson, Have you ever heard of this universal adapter where they can use it on one shaft and 10 different driver heads has anybody ever been fit for one that you know of and if so do you know what the swing weight was

The connex system will not alter the SW in any meaningful way.  The best fitters in the world use it, including Ian at TXG. 

if someone (a fitter) is playing that card to discredit another fitter, they are either two cheap to buy the system (it’s not cheap) or they have a one or two fitting cart bias.   So either way, i would not use them, personally speaking. 

Vokey

1 minute ago, Stetson said:

I clearly do not know your fitter. But his statements are caused by one of two reasons. 1). motivation to get the sale. 2). Ignorance about what his competition actually uses. 

Which is accurate is up to you to decide. I am not a big CC fan as they are notorious for running up the tab and fitting you into unnecessarily expensive things. Location specific of course. 

Sorry didnt copy your post.  We were typing  essentially the same thing simultaneously 🙂

• Like 1

Vokey

OK so thank you for verifying what I was told for club Champion whether you buy the club or not you get charged for the fitting that’s one beef I have and my current fitter in this area is very reputable they don’t discredit anybody but simply what we’re stating here if you want to pay more for the same result you’re welcome to go to club Champion maybe they just don’t like the universal adapter I did not realize it’s that expensive but the one point they usually make to me is to go over there you’re going to pay an additional amount to get fit for the same thing

It’s hard to just go run into a shop and say I’d like to try that driver with a tour design IZ 6 shaft. Club Champion probably has it right there right then any model do you want to try but they’re not gonna let you just pop it on ahead and hit it one time or two times without charging you a C-note and that sucks!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JerryTBall said:

OK so thank you for verifying what I was told for club Champion whether you buy the club or not you get charged for the fitting that’s one beef I have and my current fitter in this area is very reputable they don’t discredit anybody but simply what we’re stating here if you want to pay more for the same result you’re welcome to go to club Champion maybe they just don’t like the universal adapter I did not realize it’s that expensive but the one point they usually make to me is to go over there you’re going to pay an additional amount to get fit for the same thing

Whether it is the same result no one can know. If I try 15 shafts, 4 different lengths, 5 swing weights and end up with a stick shaft than yes it is the same. But if the best results come with a Ventus Red, Diamana ZF or some other rarely used shaft than clearly CC was a wise choice. Whether you buy from them is another story. 

But if you aren’t willing to spend $1,000 for a driver carrying a $550 price tag than do not even go, save yourself a tough decision later. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JerryTBall said:

Yeah, i do agree for again me personally i would not buy from CC for the reasons already stated. 

But I certainly would prefer to be fit by any fitter that has the connex system.   I’m sure your fitter is very reputable.  Just find it odd he is discrediting the connex. 

i believe there is a True Spec about an hour south of you in Pinehurst that has one of the best reputations  in the country. 

in the end, it’s important to have 100% confidence in whoever you get fit by.  As Stetson said, we don’t know your guy.  If he has done well for you in the past, then by all means you should stick with him.  

• Like 1

Vokey

2 minutes ago, Carolina Golfer 2 said:

Yeah, i do agree for again me personally i would not buy from CC for the reasons already stated. 

But I certainly would prefer to be fit by any fitter that has the connex system.   I’m sure your fitter is very reputable.  Just find it odd he is discrediting the connex. 

i believe there is a True Spec about an hour south of you in Pinehurst that has one of the best reputations  in the country. 

in the end, it’s important to have 100% confidence in whoever you get fit by.  As Stetson said, we don’t know your guy.  If he has done well for you in the past, then by all means you should stick with him.  

So if you go visit true spec is there an upfront charge to trying things out I mean under $100 would be worth for lack of a better word a second opinion fitting

4 hours ago, JerryTBall said:

Like I said this is what I heard from other fitters, because I always ask them why I can’t try this shaft or that shaft in a different head and they did not have a shaft for that head they only had this kind of shaft or that kind of shaft and then I mentioned about the one adapter fits all and that’s when I was told it changes the dynamic of that club because it’s actually heavier so I’m just going by what I’m told. Also how do you become a team Titleist member to sign up on your webpage or what?

Titleist.com team titleist 

I was fit at Club Champion for my TS3 3 wood. Whether the adapter changes the swingweight or not, whatever club they fit you into at the end of the session (i.e. the one you hit the best with the best numbers), they take that exact club into the back room and then measure the swingweight and that is the spec that they recommend for your build. Mine came out to D6. Instead of having them build it for me, I just ordered the same exact 3 wood spec from Titelist through DD's and said I wanted D6. Titleist is probably the best OEM to order custom from, IMO. The weighting system on their woods makes it a relative breeze to get the swingweight you want. Their hosel adapter is also the best, IMO. So many adjustments can be made without rotating the shaft graphics and/or grip alignment.

• Like 1

Ai Smoke ♦️♦️♦️ 9* Ventus TR Blue 6x

BRNR Mini 13.5 Kaili White 60x

TSR3 18* Ventus TR Red 7x
TSR3 24* IZ 95x
Ping Blueprint S 5-PW $-Taper 120

PING S159 50, 55, 60h 
Phantom X 7