New Titleist Woods 2020/2021

Message added by easyyy

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I did a Titleist fitting today for the TSi drivers.  I've been a long time Titleist driver guy, going back to the 975J - the 905R was my all-time favorite.  I've been playing a 915 D2 (12*) for the pa

Unexpected delivery!!!! Fedex came and I was like 'What the heck did I buy?"   Just in time for the weekend TSI3 10 deg with AV Raw Blue 65 gram    

Was fit yesterday. Gained 2-3 MPH ball speed and about 7 yards carry with my same shaft. Weight movement in the TSi3 models is pretty slick. The shapes look much better and the sound is more muted. Al

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, EHolm said:

Heard they are bringing out tsi hybrids as well, anyone seen heard anything about these? Thought they were on the iron release...

Spring/ early summer release.  Along with TSi4 and TSi1.  

Titleist TSi3 9.25*  HZRDUS Smoke Green 6.5tx 
Titleist TSi3 5W 18* Tensei AV Raw White- x
Srixon ZX5 (4-6) ZX7 (7-pw) KBS tour 130-x
Mizuno T20 51* 54* 60* TT x-100
Callaway PM Grind 64*
SC Futura Phantom
Pro V1

On 10/31/2020 at 7:45 AM, LeftyMatt24 said:

Not the blue 65 and 75 tx 

Had my club order me driver and 3 wood and asked about the tx versions.  Titleist rep came back and said tx won’t ship until after the new year and both white and blue will be upcharges even though the website pdf says otherwise.  Hopefully whoever ordered the tx don’t end up getting charged, but I didn’t chance it

TSi3 9* - Ventus Black 6x
Taylormade M5 - Rogue Max 75x
'17 Taylormade M1 hybrid - Kuro Kage 80X
Titleist 716 TMB 3-4 iron AMT X100
Titleist 716 CB 5-pw KBS Tour 130x
Artisan 50,56 custom wedges
Custom 1/1 Rory Nike Oven proto 006, Oven Method Matter B2/01

Got my TSi3 head on Satuday and good lord does this thing hit bombs, I was consistently 10 yards longer with it over the SIM.

Titleist TSi3 9* - Project X Small Batch HZRDUS Yellow Smoke 60 6.5TX

Titleist 917F2 15* - Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 7x

Taylormade M3 5W 19* - Aldila Rogue Silver 110 MSI X 

Honma TW747V 4-10 (PW) - Nippon Modus 105 S 

Vokey SM8 Raw 50.12F - Project X 6.0 

Vokey Wedgeworks M Grind Raw 54.08, K Grind Raw 58.06 - Project X 6.0

Ping Redwood Anser - Ping Blackout Grip

Titleist ProV1x

Went for my driver fitting last week, thank God, as driver has been a real weakness this year.  I have been a Titleist driver fan since the 910 and have dabbled in some before that time as well.  The look and forgiveness has always been a favorite of mine.  The TS3 was a bomber for me but could never find a shaft that helped me be consistent with it and I was not a fan at all of the TS2 head shape.  I wasn't expecting much out of the TSi drivers and didn't love the face when I first saw pics in all honesty.  That said, I came away from the fitting SUPER impressed and excited.

I have been playing the G400 max and it's been good, long and easy to hit, but the sound and feel are lacking a little for my perfect world.  My fitting was outdoors on Trackman and unfortunately, my fitter had lost some data... twice.  So I don't have ALL the numbers but I am going to try and retrieve it if possible.  Was hitting range balls and, of course, pounding the Max right out of the gate.  Swing speed was in the 104 mph range all day, ball speed was 155 spinning around 2400, but the launch was around 10* so he tried to improve that throughout the session while keeping everything else about the same... I think I am almost maxed out where I am at so most important to me was controlling the miss.

Started with the Tsi2 at 9*/HZRDUS RDX 6.0.  Right out of the gate this combo was good, very similar to the G400/HZRDUS Yellow combo I game.  I was really impressed with the look of the TSi2.  Unlike the poster above, I do not think this looks like the TS2 at all.  I think Titleist did a fantastic job at rounding this one out a bit more.  It still looks very confidence inspiring but also very sleek and classic.  What also impressed me was the sound and feel.  Felt somewhat soft off the face but the ball seemed to rocket away and it sounded kind of muted, not quite like a carbon driver, but close.  It's easy to hit and I had a feeling it was going to be the one.  I did try a couple more shafts, Tensei raw blue, AD DI6s, RDX 6.5, AD XC, but the 6.0 RDX seemed best for the moment.  

He then put the TSi3 in my hands.  Immediately, on looks alone, I was smitten.  It reminded me of the old 910 D3, almost identical in shape.  Putting it down by the ball, the bulge and roll on the face is obvious.  It looks less forgiving, but REALLY good and my next few swings were evident that I need a little more help or confidence, LOL.   I was spraying the TSi3 everywhere and hitting it all over the face.  Great looking club, but I decided not to mess with it and focus on the TSi2 for the remainder of the fitting.  

I can already see at this point that these are both definite upgrades from a feel and sound stand point for me...  We went back to the RDX 6.0, at D4 setting and added 2g of weight to the back of the head and it almost seemed like a lock, until I asked him to hit the Raw white 65.   I'm not sure why he didn't have me hit this one and I had to ask but I am glad I did... it was MUCH tighter on dispersion and feel was superb.  I was tired at this point so I really got to test out this combo from all over the face but it proved to be the one for me.  Got my ball speeds up to 156 mph with average carry at 252, total 279.  I need to see if I can get the data but this is where I ended up.  It seems to be a fantastic driver and I can not wait to get it in hand and out on the course.  Titleist is finally finding itself competing the fastest and longest drivers out there.  Great product!

• Like 3

Callaway Mavrik 9.5 Aldila Rogue white 60x

Ping G425 Max 14.5*  Alta CB 65x

Ping G25 20*  TFC189s

Srixon Z785 4-P Modus 120s

Ping Glide 2.0 stealth 52/12, 58/10

Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

I got my TSI3 9° the other day and I’ve had a chance to go to the range twice, today I tried a bunch of different settings, I can say this and also if you watch the guys from second swing review the two and the three side-by-side it appears the three is a more fade biased club than the two, so when I approached my fitter about let’s try the two with my same shaft I was fitted for this is what was told because I am either a straight ball to a Fader.

Fitter-“ I’m actually pretty concerned with trying to switch to the 2. You swing down a few degrees which spins the ball more. The 3 has a deeper face is performs better with that type of swing. The 2 isn’t leaps and bounds more forgiving but it spins more than the 3 with a shallower face which is going to spell trouble for you. “

The reason I was wanting to try the two was because if you watch the second swing review you’ll see the two has a tight grouping all kind of left of center and TSI3 is kind of all the same distance but they’re kind of spread out from Center to right, I can’t remember it I’ll watch it again but I can’t remember if they said they like the three over the two though.

But I should add we are going to replace the midsize grips to a regular with that plus 4 tour velvet , the midsize are just a little too big for me and I’m having trouble turning over the club, even my new irons too, so that could be part of my issue because I rely on my hands a lot

Edited by JerryTBall
1 hour ago, JerryTBall said:

I got my TSI3 9° the other day and I’ve had a chance to go to the range twice, today I tried a bunch of different settings, I can say this and also if you watch the guys from second swing review the two and the three side-by-side it appears the three is a more fade biased club than the two, so when I approached my fitter about let’s try the two with my same shaft I was fitted for this is what was told because I am either a straight ball to a Fader.

Fitter-“ I’m actually pretty concerned with trying to switch to the 2. You swing down a few degrees which spins the ball more. The 3 has a deeper face is performs better with that type of swing. The 2 isn’t leaps and bounds more forgiving but it spins more than the 3 with a shallower face which is going to spell trouble for you. “

The reason I was wanting to try the two was because if you watch the second swing review you’ll see the two has a tight grouping all kind of left of center and TSI3 is kind of all the same distance but they’re kind of spread out from Center to right, I can’t remember it I’ll watch it again but I can’t remember if they said they like the three over the two though.

But I should add we are going to replace the midsize grips to a regular with that plus 4 tour velvet , the midsize are just a little too big for me and I’m having trouble turning over the club, even my new irons too, so that could be part of my issue because I rely on my hands a lot

That's the great part about a fitting and kind of the job of the fitter I would think.... to put you in a bunch of different combos to see what works best...  I personally believe the TSi2 is much more forgiving than the TSi3, but thats just me.  I experienced what you are saying with the two, more consistent shot groupings with the 2 and more spread with the 3.  I wouldn't let a fitter talk you out of trying anything honestly, that feels irresponsible to me.  The TSi2 was great during my fitting, really looking forward to getting mine.

• Like 2

Ping G25 20*  TFC189s

Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

24 minutes ago, Nixhex524 said:

That's the great part about a fitting and kind of the job of the fitter I would think.... to put you in a bunch of different combos to see what works best...  I personally believe the TSi2 is much more forgiving than the TSi3, but thats just me.  I experienced what you are saying with the two, more consistent shot groupings with the 2 and more spread with the 3.  I wouldn't let a fitter talk you out of trying anything honestly, that feels irresponsible to me.  The TSi2 was great during my fitting, really looking forward to getting mine.

I appreciate the feedback I joke but when I joke I’m almost serious I do have room for two clubs in my bag and if you watched a lot of the masters this weekend the suggestion was like hey nowadays the way these drivers are put one with a draw bias and a fader in your bag LOL might have to stick that TSI2 in my bag as well LOL

Edited by JerryTBall
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, Nixhex524 said:

Went for my driver fitting last week, thank God, as driver has been a real weakness this year.  I have been a Titleist driver fan since the 910 and have dabbled in some before that time as well.  The look and forgiveness has always been a favorite of mine.  The TS3 was a bomber for me but could never find a shaft that helped me be consistent with it and I was not a fan at all of the TS2 head shape.  I wasn't expecting much out of the TSi drivers and didn't love the face when I first saw pics in all honesty.  That said, I came away from the fitting SUPER impressed and excited.

I have been playing the G400 max and it's been good, long and easy to hit, but the sound and feel are lacking a little for my perfect world.  My fitting was outdoors on Trackman and unfortunately, my fitter had lost some data... twice.  So I don't have ALL the numbers but I am going to try and retrieve it if possible.  Was hitting range balls and, of course, pounding the Max right out of the gate.  Swing speed was in the 104 mph range all day, ball speed was 155 spinning around 2400, but the launch was around 10* so he tried to improve that throughout the session while keeping everything else about the same... I think I am almost maxed out where I am at so most important to me was controlling the miss.

Started with the Tsi2 at 9*/HZRDUS RDX 6.0.  Right out of the gate this combo was good, very similar to the G400/HZRDUS Yellow combo I game.  I was really impressed with the look of the TSi2.  Unlike the poster above, I do not think this looks like the TS2 at all.  I think Titleist did a fantastic job at rounding this one out a bit more.  It still looks very confidence inspiring but also very sleek and classic.  What also impressed me was the sound and feel.  Felt somewhat soft off the face but the ball seemed to rocket away and it sounded kind of muted, not quite like a carbon driver, but close.  It's easy to hit and I had a feeling it was going to be the one.  I did try a couple more shafts, Tensei raw blue, AD DI6s, RDX 6.5, AD XC, but the 6.0 RDX seemed best for the moment.  

He then put the TSi3 in my hands.  Immediately, on looks alone, I was smitten.  It reminded me of the old 910 D3, almost identical in shape.  Putting it down by the ball, the bulge and roll on the face is obvious.  It looks less forgiving, but REALLY good and my next few swings were evident that I need a little more help or confidence, LOL.   I was spraying the TSi3 everywhere and hitting it all over the face.  Great looking club, but I decided not to mess with it and focus on the TSi2 for the remainder of the fitting.  

I can already see at this point that these are both definite upgrades from a feel and sound stand point for me...  We went back to the RDX 6.0, at D4 setting and added 2g of weight to the back of the head and it almost seemed like a lock, until I asked him to hit the Raw white 65.   I'm not sure why he didn't have me hit this one and I had to ask but I am glad I did... it was MUCH tighter on dispersion and feel was superb.  I was tired at this point so I really got to test out this combo from all over the face but it proved to be the one for me.  Got my ball speeds up to 156 mph with average carry at 252, total 279.  I need to see if I can get the data but this is where I ended up.  It seems to be a fantastic driver and I can not wait to get it in hand and out on the course.  Titleist is finally finding itself competing the fastest and longest drivers out there.  Great product!

I had an almost identical experience, 😄

I wanted to love the TSi3, I was longer and the numbers were almost perfect on solid swings.. but the TSi2, was just $ on almost every swing I made. The dispersion was enough for me to not even look at the 3, after 15 min. Just the best thing I've tried and TBH, I love the pear shaped head.

Hoping to get this thing out in the next couple of days.

• Like 1

Titleist....

4 minutes ago, dropkicked said:

I wanted to love the TSi3, I was longer and the numbers were almost perfect on solid swings.. but the TSi2, was just $ on almost every swing I made. The dispersion was enough for me to not even look at the 3, after 15 min. Just the best thing I've tried and TBH, I love the pear shaped head.

💭 🤔 ....can’t take it with you...2 drivers better than one  😆 

• Haha 1
15 minutes ago, dropkicked said:

Yeah, same... had a little higher ball speed and distance out of the TSi3 but I want the ball in play.  The 3 is a great looking driver though.

Ping G25 20*  TFC189s

Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

17 minutes ago, dropkicked said:

What shaft did you actually get premium or the stock shaft

1 minute ago, dropkicked said:

Oh sorry yes, it was a stock offering. 🙂

Tomorrow will be my first day playing around of golf with it if I can consistently pound that thing left to right Ala DJ, once I get rid of the midsize grip and put on the regular size I’ll probably be able to turn it over to the left because I was able to turn it over on the range today but the consistent shot was straight to left or right and if that’s predictable that’s fine because that’s what I noticed on the reviews as well is even if you miss hit it your distance stay right up there

12 hours ago, getair23 said:

Spring/ early summer release.  Along with TSi4 and TSi1.  

That’s the timing  I say as well.  But some guy on the Titleist FB group says February for certain.    That would be a complete change of course for Titleist. 

But based on conversations in another thread, I’m done debating anyones thoughts on releases 😬

:smilie_titty: TSi2 10.5 GD IZ5 
:smilie_ping: G410 5 & 7 FW Alta CB 65g
:smilie_ping: G410 4 hybrid Alta CB
:smilie_titty:T100S/T200 Jet Black Combo AMT Black R300 
Vokey SM 7 54/58

Vokey SM8 46*
TM Custom My Spider 35" 

ProV1X No. 12

14 hours ago, Kylekoz17 said:

Had my club order me driver and 3 wood and asked about the tx versions.  Titleist rep came back and said tx won’t ship until after the new year and both white and blue will be upcharges even though the website pdf says otherwise.  Hopefully whoever ordered the tx don’t end up getting charged, but I didn’t chance it

That's gonna be interesting because a lot of people have ordered the TX shafts and not been upcharged.

915D3 8.5* Aldila Synergy Blue 70TX
915F 15* Diamana B80X, 18* Diamana D+LTD 80X
716MB 4-PW X100
SM6 52F TVD 56K/60M S400
Bullseye Flange

Played my first full round of golf with the driver today. I definitely am having the new irons and driver re-gripped at club champion at no cost, midsize is just not my thing, also lie angles need changed on new irons, It was in the high 40’s to high 50’s this morning, 10-15 mph winds, Literally on one hole there was so much stuff blowing out of the trees I couldn’t even see my ball when I hit my tee shot! Matter of fact there was a slight disagreement on the hole, I hit my second shot and then I hit my third shot out of the trap next to the hole and made the putt for par, and of course what did you have I said I had a par.....wait you came out of the trap and then you came on the green, I said yeah my T shot was in the trap I left my second shot in the trap I put my third one next to the hole and made the one putt, oh I’ve never seen a drive in that trap LOL me neither. Weather along with poor play due to getting settled into new irons just amplified issues! What impressed me about the driver was the distance I was getting whether I hit it straight a little draw or power fade, even into the wind with that cold weather, I hit it further than any other driver I’ve owned on a nice day! I was very impressed with the distance and of course before playing the only time I hit it was on the range so I knew this was a sort of fade biased driver but when I got on the course the thing was going straight to actually a little bit of a draw so I had to adjust for that but it just seem like the wind in the cold did not affect the distance I was getting it is pretty cool the way it played, i’m pretty impressed with it. Like I said I use my hands a lot and once we get the new grips on that should make a little bit of a difference too. I just felt like I couldn’t release the clubs so there was a little inconsistency on some holes but for the most part it was very predictable but I was impressed with the distance I was getting, that’s what really got me because I did not expect that on a day like today and into the wind.

Edited by JerryTBall
4 hours ago, JerryTBall said:

Played my first full round of golf with the driver today. I definitely am having the new irons and driver re-gripped at club champion at no cost, midsize is just not my thing, also lie angles need changed on new irons, It was in the high 40’s to high 50’s this morning, 10-15 mph winds, Literally on one hole there was so much stuff blowing out of the trees I couldn’t even see my ball when I hit my tee shot! Matter of fact there was a slight disagreement on the hole, I hit my second shot and then I hit my third shot out of the trap next to the hole and made the putt for par, and of course what did you have I said I had a par.....wait you came out of the trap and then you came on the green, I said yeah my T shot was in the trap I left my second shot in the trap I put my third one next to the hole and made the one putt, oh I’ve never seen a drive in that trap LOL me neither. Weather along with poor play due to getting settled into new irons just amplified issues! What impressed me about the driver was the distance I was getting whether I hit it straight a little draw or power fade, even into the wind with that cold weather, I hit it further than any other driver I’ve owned on a nice day! I was very impressed with the distance and of course before playing the only time I hit it was on the range so I knew this was a sort of fade biased driver but when I got on the course the thing was going straight to actually a little bit of a draw so I had to adjust for that but it just seem like the wind in the cold did not affect the distance I was getting it is pretty cool the way it played, i’m pretty impressed with it. Like I said I use my hands a lot and once we get the new grips on that should make a little bit of a difference too. I just felt like I couldn’t release the clubs so there was a little inconsistency on some holes but for the most part it was very predictable but I was impressed with the distance I was getting, that’s what really got me because I did not expect that on a day like today and into the wind.

Nice playing Jerry.  Did you end up with the TSi2 or 3?

TSi3 10*
917 F2 16.5*
G425 19*
4-P MMC MP 20
SM7 52F 56F 60D
Rossie White Hot

Not me, pretty much same results for me as that video I pasted above by 2nd swing guys. Only difference, I never hit TSi2, so not sure how that would pan out for me. Now as I said the grip is too big for me right now, so once I go to regular grip I may see more left.

Edited by JerryTBall

Help needed please..... 

So currently game a TS3 at 7.75 degree and looking at upgrading to the TSI3. Just wondering if anyone who has made the transition has gone up/down in lofts. 
I’m thinking going 9 degree and cranking down. 

I know I should get fitted but unfortunately I am far to far away to get fitted so looking to buy online on a whim.