Edel eas torque balanced putters?

I had an Edel fitting about 9 years ago and loved it. Every putter since then I’ve adjusted nearly to that fitting (some with or without the counter weights and opti vibes). I was never a huge fan of the looks so moved on to many many others.  Recently I went to their site and built and bought a new eas 2.0. The look is fantastic and the feel outstanding. The toe up torque balance seems to work great for my arc swing. My question is, is this a fad or does anyone else use it?  Odyssey tried it and it failed, maybe because it was ugly AF. Just curious if anyone else is liking the torque toe up balanced for their swing. Here’s a pic. Craftmanship is very good. Thanks!

8000B1EE-EC7B-46A4-AEB7-F561E1EA051A.jpeg

BD90422F-A20F-4CFB-BB2F-9E3A7C71E931.jpeg

• Mizuno ST 200 Driver
  • Mizuno ST 180 Fwy
  • Mizuno CLK 19 Hybrid
  • Mizuno JPX 921 Forged Irons
  • Mizuno T20 Wedges
  • MannKrafted Ma66 OGG Putter
  • Bridgestone Ball, Mizuno Bag

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have an E-1 and I struggle with it.  Not the putter, but me and my visual of the putter.  The concepts are sound and if you listen to him speak on fitting and putter design, you know a lot went into

Yeah I know how you feel, there are times where I do get a really sold feel off the face then it goes away which never helps the confidence. I dunno the tech and the results are there for aim but feel

Posted Images

I have an E-1 and I struggle with it.  Not the putter, but me and my visual of the putter.  The concepts are sound and if you listen to him speak on fitting and putter design, you know a lot went into it.

I never went through a fitting where they did the mirror and aim, and I should have.  The new putter line looks way better IMO than the originals.  The E-1's shape is a bit off and non-symmetrical and it causes me an issue, even though I aim it well.  From David's discussions, the one thing that is huge for me is putter length.  I am 6'1" and use a 33" putter, because if I use a longer putter, the putter goes outside the target line as I take it back - which means I am going to cut across it.

If the putter is shorter, my arms are hanging more naturally and my takeaway is more on the target line and then inside.  Listen to his series on putters if you have any question, but ultimately the putter, and everything about it only matters in so much as you can line it up and it works with your eye.  Who cares about any of that if you make putts?  I think putting is largely art - and if the magic wand works for you, that is all that matters.  I do feel strongly that if you float from putter to putter you will never be as good of a putter versus using one consistency and maybe a small group - like 2-3.

• Like 1

PXG 0811X 9º Proto driver, PXG 0811X+ 10.5º Proto driver

PXG 0341x Gen2 15º  3W. 18º  5W

PXG 0317x Gen2 22º  4h, 0317x Gen2 25º 5h, 0317x Gen2 28º 6h

PXG 0311P Gen3 5-W

PXG 0311 Forged wedges - 50º, 54º, 58º

PXG Gen2 Mini Gunboat - 33"/34", Lucky D, Bat Attack, Blackjack 

10 minutes ago, ajlacombe said:

I have an E-1 and I struggle with it.  Not the putter, but me and my visual of the putter.  The concepts are sound and if you listen to him speak on fitting and putter design, you know a lot went into it.

I never went through a fitting where they did the mirror and aim, and I should have.  The new putter line looks way better IMO than the originals.  The E-1's shape is a bit off and non-symmetrical and it causes me an issue, even though I aim it well.  From David's discussions, the one thing that is huge for me is putter length.  I am 6'1" and use a 33" putter, because if I use a longer putter, the putter goes outside the target line as I take it back - which means I am going to cut across it.

If the putter is shorter, my arms are hanging more naturally and my takeaway is more on the target line and then inside.  Listen to his series on putters if you have any question, but ultimately the putter, and everything about it only matters in so much as you can line it up and it works with your eye.  Who cares about any of that if you make putts?  I think putting is largely art - and if the magic wand works for you, that is all that matters.  I do feel strongly that if you float from putter to putter you will never be as good of a putter versus using one consistency and maybe a small group - like 2-3.

So like 100 putters inst good?  LOL  Yeah, his youtube videos are great.  My only concern is it's one guy, is he right, or are the others just sticking to what sells?  

• Mizuno ST 200 Driver
  • Mizuno ST 180 Fwy
  • Mizuno CLK 19 Hybrid
  • Mizuno T20 Wedges

I have an E-3 but I kinda shelved it, I need to swap the grip to a lighter one just been lazy and enjoying others in my collection. I definitely think the fitting process for aim and alignment is one of the best out there, I can aim my Edel better than anything else out there. But the one downfall I've had with mine is the weighting of it, when I originally got it the putter was way too heavy, got refit by David himself and he took out about 100g from my grip and after a Quintic fitting the putter is still heavy based on how I strike the ball. It goes straight but it's not an efficient strike so the fitter said drop another 50g from the grip area. 

My other and main dislike of my Edel is the feel at impact, it just doesn't feel solid, I know this is part of the toe up and weighting that David has on the last line but I've tired an Axis1 and a L.A.B and those things felt solid. It looks like EAS solved that with more mass behind the face, maybe you can tell me that since you have one.

Would I get an EAS model? Well they don't have LH options now, I would really need to try one out and the L.A.B. Blade or DF are more appealing to me at the moment, and with the possibility of Axis1 having a LH model in the future I'd be wanting to try those first based on what I've felt before trying them out opposite hand. 

Lefty WITB

Driver: 9° Ping G410 Plus - Tour 65S

3W: 13.5° Ping G410 LST - Aldila NV 2KXV Green 75X

3H: 19° Ping - Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: 4i - 7i Srixon 585 / 8i - PW Srixon 785 - AMT Tour White S300

Wedges: 51° MD3 - 56° Glide 2 - 60° PM2

Putter(s): TP Mills Handmade - SIK Pro Tour Proto - MannKrafted MA/66 LN - and more. 

2 hours ago, MattM97 said:

I have an E-3 but I kinda shelved it, I need to swap the grip to a lighter one just been lazy and enjoying others in my collection. I definitely think the fitting process for aim and alignment is one of the best out there, I can aim my Edel better than anything else out there. But the one downfall I've had with mine is the weighting of it, when I originally got it the putter was way too heavy, got refit by David himself and he took out about 100g from my grip and after a Quintic fitting the putter is still heavy based on how I strike the ball. It goes straight but it's not an efficient strike so the fitter said drop another 50g from the grip area. 

My other and main dislike of my Edel is the feel at impact, it just doesn't feel solid, I know this is part of the toe up and weighting that David has on the last line but I've tired an Axis1 and a L.A.B and those things felt solid. It looks like EAS solved that with more mass behind the face, maybe you can tell me that since you have one.

Would I get an EAS model? Well they don't have LH options now, I would really need to try one out and the L.A.B. Blade or DF are more appealing to me at the moment, and with the possibility of Axis1 having a LH model in the future I'd be wanting to try those first based on what I've felt before trying them out opposite hand. 

Totally agree on feel. The eas did fix that though. It feels super solid, lovely click. Maybe David can make a lefty! 

• Mizuno ST 200 Driver
  • Mizuno ST 180 Fwy
  • Mizuno CLK 19 Hybrid
  • Mizuno T20 Wedges

47 minutes ago, Orlandogolfguru said:

Totally agree on feel. The eas did fix that though. It feels super solid, lovely click. Maybe David can make a lefty! 

I was talking to David a few months ago and no plans for lefty options for a little bit just with everything going on. I really wished he had an E-5 in lefty, love the look of that Anser style with the Edel technology. 

But that's good to know about the feel, I knew when I'd miss some putts that feel would really throw me off even if it was a good putt cause I didn't know if it was me reading the line wrong or a bad strike. Now just using a milled putter feeling a good strike or bad I know right away what is to blame and less second guessing, will see if I ever get an EAS model, maybe a used one way down the road if they ever come out. 

Lefty WITB

Putter(s): TP Mills Handmade - SIK Pro Tour Proto - MannKrafted MA/66 LN - and more. 

On 8/28/2020 at 5:53 PM, MattM97 said:

I struggled with an E-2 for almost 2 seasons and could never reconcile the feel off the face even on solidly hit puts.  You never really got the feedback that you needed to help groove your stroke. I did do some work with foot powder to work on hitting the middle but never got a satisfying sweet spot feel.  I'm not saying the putter didn't work but dead centre was no different to .5' off centre.  

• Ping G400 9* Fujikura Speeder 661 X (+16g head weight)
  • Tour Edge Exotics CB3 Tour 18*, True Temper Bi Matrix RXi X 
  • Adams Idea A7 22* UST V2 Hybrid X +0.5'
  • Mizuno MP20 MMC 4-7 Nippon Modus 3 130X +0.5' 2 deg up
  • Mizuno MP20 MB 8-PW Nippon Modus 3 130X +0.5' 2 deg up
  • Mizuno S18 50* Nippon NS PRO 1150GH Tour X +0.5'
  • Nike Engage Raw 54* S400 +0.5'
  • Cleveland RTX 588 Rotex 2.0 60* S400 +0.5'
  • Odyssey Dual Force 990 

4 hours ago, TheInfidel said:

I struggled with an E-2 for almost 2 seasons and could never reconcile the feel off the face even on solidly hit puts.  You never really got the feedback that you needed to help groove your stroke. I did do some work with foot powder to work on hitting the middle but never got a satisfying sweet spot feel.  I'm not saying the putter didn't work but dead centre was no different to .5' off centre.  

Yeah I know how you feel, there are times where I do get a really sold feel off the face then it goes away which never helps the confidence. I dunno the tech and the results are there for aim but feel and possibly confidence are lacking as well. I want this to work for me if not will be an expensive and long experiment. 

• Like 1

Lefty WITB