I have been playing x100 but I have been having some elbow issues. I am wondering about the nippons when compared to x100, I am looking at the x flex 120s. 

m6 9 degree , tensai pro orange 70s , and epic flash sub zero rogue 60x
m4 3 wd, 15 degree rogue 125 msi 60 tour x  and epic flash sub zero hzrdus 70x,
818 h2 hybrid 19 degree ,tour spec blue 85s
taylor p790 17 degree
taylormade p760 3-pw
vokey 50--56--60
taylormade spider tour dj version and cleveland huntington beach number 1
epic green staff bag or taylormade flex lite 

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nippons are generally much less harsh than the DG offerings.

I'd grab a 6i shaft and give it a whirl.

Cobra SZ 9* : Ventus Blue 6-S

Cobra F9 Tour 4W : Tour AD TP 8-S

Cobra ForgedTec 3-iron : Nippon Modus3 105-S

Srixon Z785 4-PW : Nippon Modus3 120-S

Cleveland RTX3 50, 54, 58 : Nippon 115-S Wedge

Piretti Potenza 370g : Breakthrough Technology Stability Shaft - 34"

I came from DG105 and tried Nippon 105 and really didn’t end up liking it. Felt very loose and not as good a flight for me at least. Wanted to love the feel, but it really just felt kinda mushy to me. I lost a feeling of control compared to DG and their crispness. Try them for yourself though, as other people love them. I imagine X100 are harsh but DG and modus are opposites I think. 

I had elbow issues with C Taper 120s. Switched to Modus 125x and haven’t looked back. I also worked on forearm strengthening exercises with a theraband and also gyroball over the winter.  I haven’t done any exercises since Feb and I have played three times as many rounds this year compared to the last two years with zero elbow pain.  Modus 125x is supposed to be similar to 100x so it may be worth a shot.

SIM 10.5* Ventus Blue Velocore 6s
SIM 3W Ventus Blue Velocore 7x
SLDR 17* Matrix Black Tie S
HMB 4&5, MP20 6-P Modus 125x
T20 50, 55, 60 Modus 125x
Spider X

5 hours ago, ESP said:

I had elbow issues with C Taper 120s. Switched to Modus 125x and haven’t looked back. I also worked on forearm strengthening exercises with a theraband and also gyroball over the winter.  I haven’t done any exercises since Feb and I have played three times as many rounds this year compared to the last two years with zero elbow pain.  Modus 125x is supposed to be similar to 100x so it may be worth a shot.

Similar story with me as well with the elbow, but mine was OG project x, moved into modus 130, much better. Oh and BOOMER!!!

SOONER! Hopefully the season plays out.  It seems like step less shafts can be the culprit. Modus is a great line of shafts. I tried them all and settled on the 125.  Nippon 1150 is also a good shaft in a lighter weight class.

SIM 10.5* Ventus Blue Velocore 6s
SIM 3W Ventus Blue Velocore 7x
SLDR 17* Matrix Black Tie S
HMB 4&5, MP20 6-P Modus 125x
T20 50, 55, 60 Modus 125x
Spider X

Long time X100 user here I switched to the black elevate shafts in 117 gram in my Apex pro and couldnt be happier. Ive played all shafts and these feel the best by far. And picked up roughly 7 yds per club on accident as I dont worry about distance with irons just specific yardages. Can flight them high low they are sleeper shaft of the year for sure.

Edited by fujiman.757
On 8/29/2020 at 3:46 AM, ESP said:

On 8/29/2020 at 9:02 AM, Red4282 said:

You want the 125’s, most similar to x100. The 120 is fairly similar but much weaker in how it plays to flex. You would be in a tx likely in the 120.

11 hours ago, alcap26 said:

Stay away from 120x.  They feel great but I spin the hell out of them and dispersion all over.  You want 125

All of these! I actually came FROM the 120X to the DG (TI) X100 and haven't had any issues. The 120 did produce a ton of spin and launched so high I was losing distance. That, and the dispersion was definitely weird. The Mizuno Optimizer put me in the DG and glad I made the switch back. It also recommended the 125X, but since I didn't have the chance to try them out, it was DG all the way. Wish I would have gone back to them a couple of years ago after playing the Modus 105 for a season.

51228683_mizunoshadow.jpg.331dc94966b1c93058cfa910903c6db8.jpg