P770’s Have Arrived!

1 hour ago, ASN21 said:

Coming from the 790’s I gained more consistency. 

How are the TW wedges? I’m wedges away from a completeTM bag.

WITB

Taylor Made SIM 10.5 degree Diamana S60 Limited Stiff
Taylor Made SIM 15 degree Diamana FW 75 Limited Stiff
Taylor Made SIM UDI 3 Diamana HY90 Thump Stiff
Taylor Made P770 4 - P KBS Tour 120 Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM8 52-12F
Titleist Vokey SM8 56-10S
Titleist Vokey SM8 60-12D
Odyssey O-force 2-Ball
Taylor Made TP5

GO VOLS!
  • Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I got mine this week and have 1 round and probably 500 range balls off of them. Mine are shafted with SteelFiber 95gm shafts.  I was gaming the Bridgestone J15 CB's with Recoil 110 F4 shafts and

Finally got on the course for the first time this morning, and was very pleased:   Looks - Best looking iron I have ever put in my bag. At address, just a great looking club, minimal offset,

Look what showed up today!! First test at 7:40 am tomorrow morning!!   Anyone else get theirs yet?

Posted Images

I've got the 770's on order. Hit them against my 5-year old PSi irons, and they were 3-5 yards longer AND lower spin ... which is good for me, because I tend to be on the high end of the spin spectrum. Looking forward to them arriving someday 🙂

11 hours ago, texcrom said:

How are the TW wedges? I’m wedges away from a completeTM bag.

Two rounds in and so far so good. I am coming from two hi toe wedges and might not look back. The grinds are versatile and the raw face is like sand paper and gives really good spin as expected for a new wedge.

TaylorMade SIM Max - Fujikura Motore X F3 6

TaylorMade SIM Rocket 3 Wood - Fujikura Motore X F3 7

TaylorMade SIM Max Rescue 3 - Fujikura Ventus Blue

TaylorMade P770 4-AW - Project X LZ

TaylorMade MG2 TW Grind 56 & 60 - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

TaylorMade My Spider X - KBS CT Tour

TaylorMade TP5X

Are these like the 760 where the higher lofted clubs are forged or do all the clubs have the speedfoam?

Ping G400 Max AD-BB 6S
Ping G400 14.5 AD-GT 7S
SLDR 20 Hybrid Matrix Altus 85S
Srixon 565 4 iron Nippon Modus 3 105S
Srixon 745 5-PW Nippon Modus 3 120S
Titleist SM6 50,54,60 S200
TM Rossa Daytona TP 

Very keen on hearing from those who went from the P760 into the P770.

Particularly any noticable differences in feel, forgivness and distance?

Seriously thinking about it.

d: G410+ | f: M3 |  h: Epic | i: P760 | w: RTX4 | p: SpiderX

1 hour ago, bharp77 said:

I was so pumped to get mine today and then I opened the box and there was 2 6 irons.

Raises questions about quality control and the ability to build custom clubs to spec.

My last taylormade order was WAY off the requested lies/lofts. 

d: G410+ | f: M3 |  h: Epic | i: P760 | w: RTX4 | p: SpiderX

On 9/13/2020 at 2:39 PM, Jace_bkr said:

Mine are standard t100 not the S.

I seem to be hitting the 770’s About 5 yards shorter per club but it has to be the shaft.. the KBS seem to launch pretty HIGH and just fall out of the sky..

I will say, my usual left miss has yet to happen with them and dispersion is a lot better..

my miss is toward the toe on the longer irons and the t100’s seem to loose at least 20%.. the 770’s maybe 10% on the same miss.. 

Mine arrived this afternoon.  Stiff +1 inch.  Took the 7 and PW to the range for a quick session.  I was smoking the 7 iron and frankly blown away by the distance, looks and forgiveness.  My normal 7 iron is 160-165 and I was consistently 170-175 which I love.  However the ball flight was high and boring with no balloons. The  PW felt great and was easy to flight down or up.  First round on Friday so the jury is out and I can't base it on a limited range session with two clubs but suffice it to say I am excited

• Like 1

My 770s are still new to me, so I have a relatively small sample size thus far; but, my initial concern was "feel" of the short irons being filled with Speedfoam.  So far I am very pleased.  They obviously don't feel like a forged blade, but they do feel solid.  The face doesn't feel "springy" on delicate shots. 

I was able to hit some wonderful delicate shots last weekend to include a beautiful 9i flighted pitch to an blind uphill green from 75 yards that I needed to keep under a group of tree branches.  Ball felt great off the face, came out on the exact trajectory I needed it to, and I two-putted for my par. 

Short iron distance control so far has been very good.  

• Like 1

TaylorMade SIM 10.5*, HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g 6.5
TaylorMade SIM Max 3W 15*, HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g 6.5
Titleist 818H1 21*, Tensei Pro White 90S
Taylormade P770 4-PW, KBS Tour 120 S
Titleist Vokey SM8 50F, 54S, 58M

TaylorMade Spider X
SM 4.5LS 14 Way

Anyone have a direct comparison to the Cobra Forged Tec's ?

The 770's seem to be the same type of club.

Ping G400 10.5 (9.75) Hzrdus Yellow 75 5.5
Callaway Rogue 17* 4wd Atmos Blue TS 70  
Ping G410 19*, 22* & 26* Tensei CK Pro Blue 80
Cobra Forged Tec Black 6-GW SteelFiber i95cw R (2019 Forged Tec SteelFiber i95cw R trial run ) 
Vokey SM7 54/8 M 
Mack Daddy PM 58/12
Toulon Madison H1 neck/ Toulon Atlanta H7/ Bettinardi BB1 Tiki 2016
Wilson Staff FG Tour/ Bridgestone Tour B RXS / ProV1

1 hour ago, RainShadow said:

770's are going to be smaller at address. Less chunkier topline and less length heel to toe.

• Thanks 1

TaylorMade SIM Max - Fujikura Motore X F3 6

TaylorMade SIM Rocket 3 Wood - Fujikura Motore X F3 7

TaylorMade SIM Max Rescue 3 - Fujikura Ventus Blue

TaylorMade P770 4-AW - Project X LZ

TaylorMade MG2 TW Grind 56 & 60 - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

TaylorMade My Spider X - KBS CT Tour

TaylorMade TP5X

Played my first 18 this morning and am very happy with the irons at this early stage.  I found the feel, distance and forgiveness impressive.  It has been a long time since I carried a 4 iron but today I hit 3 4 irons consistently 215 yards off the tee and fairway.  The long irons are very easy to elevate and just go.  Ball flight was high but with a boring trajectory.  Nice spin on approach shots with a number of them backing up a bit.  Of course this is the honeymoon and it's early but so far so good.  BTW feel is probably the best I have experienced on a TM iron.

• Like 2
On 9/17/2020 at 8:12 AM, RainShadow said:

P790s would be a better comparison size wise and they have the same construction as the 770.   I have a set of P790s and just sold my set of Forged Tec Blacks.  They are almost exactly the same size as the 790s- blade length, offset, etc...  if you are talking about the 2020 Forged Tec, I tested those out against the 790s- they are a direct competitor to the 790s.  When I lined them up, I thought they were a touch bigger than the 790. I know the face height on them is definitely taller than the 790.  In terms of the 770, someone nailed it earlier, the 770 are going to be quite a bit smaller than either iteration of the Forged Tec.

Edited by Hookasaurus Rex

Callaway Mavrik SZ Triple 💎9* (+1N) Aldila Copperhead 60TX/GD Tour AD VR 6S tipped 1”
TItleist TS2 16.5* (set to 15.75*) FW Tensei AV Blue 75X
Ping G410 19* Hybrid Evenflow Black 85 6.0
Taylormade p790 4i Project X LZ 6.0

Titleist T100-S 5-GW Modus 130S
Cobra King Black 54*, 58* Modus Wedge 115
Scotty Cameron Phantom X 12 Custom 34.5”/PXG Bat Attack Darkness 35” Limited

1 hour ago, Golf life - VA said:

Does anyone have any direct experience comparing the p770's to x785's?

Yes sir..

I have the 770’s (well, had them. I sold them already). a set a 785’s and a set of T100..

The 770’s are definitely light years ahead of the 790’s in terms of feel no doubt but cant be compared in terms of feel/ feedback to the 785’s (nor the T100’s) That butter softness is just not there with the hollow head/foam..

Edited by Jace_bkr
  • Like 1
9 minutes ago, Jace_bkr said:

Yes sir..

I have the 770’s (well, had them. I sold them already). a set a 785’s and a set of T100..

The 770’s are definitely light years ahead of the 790’s in terms of feel no doubt but cant be compared in terms of feel/ feedback to the 785’s (nor the T100’s) That butter softness is just not there with the hollow head/foam..

Feel is subjective and you are entitled to your opinion.  But to make a blanket statement that they can’t be compared is in accurate  Feel between the T100s and 770 can be compared and some will prefer one over the other.  I can tell you that the 770s feel every bit as good as my PXG Gen 3 which may soon be for sale

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
21 minutes ago, Lobber said:

Feel is subjective and you are entitled to your opinion.  But to make a blanket statement that they can’t be compared is in accurate  Feel between the T100s and 770 can be compared and some will prefer one over the other.  I can tell you that the 770s feel every bit as good as my PXG Gen 3 which may soon be for sale

You know what they say. opinions are like Word not allowedhole’s, everyones got one and they all stink... 

Hey I spent the $1299 on them too and would love to be able to say they felt just as good as my $500 set of 785’s but they just don’t. Anyone who says they do obviously isn’t hitting the same clubs I am.. 

The 770’s do feel great and are an awesome set of sticks, I’m not saying otherwise but soft they are not.. BY FAR the best looking clubs I’ve ever slid into my bag.. head size, offset, blade length... PERFECT just lacking in terms of feel IN MY OPINION... and definitely not what made me part with mine, I could get used to them for sure. My passed on because of the shafts.. off the mat they were great but off the grass (I’m assuming because of my steep attack angle) I hit them to the moon..

Edited by Jace_bkr
  • Like 1
18 minutes ago, Jace_bkr said:

You know what they say. opinions are like Word not allowedhole’s, everyones got one and they all stink... 

Hey I spent the $1299 on them too and would love to be able to say they felt just as good as my $500 set of 785’s but they just don’t. Anyone who says they do obviously isn’t hitting the same clubs I am.. 

The 770’s do feel great and are an awesome set of sticks, I’m not saying otherwise but soft they are not.. BY FAR the best looking clubs I’ve ever slid into my bag.. head size, offset, blade length... PERFECT just lacking in terms of feel IN MY OPINION... and definitely not what made me part with mine, I could get used to them for sure. My passed on because of the shafts.. off the mat they were great but off the grass (I’m assuming because of my steep attack angle) I hit them to the moon..

What shaft did you have in them?

Callaway Mavrik SZ Triple 💎9* (+1N) Aldila Copperhead 60TX/GD Tour AD VR 6S tipped 1”
TItleist TS2 16.5* (set to 15.75*) FW Tensei AV Blue 75X
Ping G410 19* Hybrid Evenflow Black 85 6.0
Taylormade p790 4i Project X LZ 6.0

Titleist T100-S 5-GW Modus 130S
Cobra King Black 54*, 58* Modus Wedge 115
Scotty Cameron Phantom X 12 Custom 34.5”/PXG Bat Attack Darkness 35” Limited

11 hours ago, Jace_bkr said:

Thanks!  How was the feedback, length, and forgiveness compared to 785?

11 hours ago, Jace_bkr said:

I take it you're enjoying the Z785s...... and they are a great set of you are steep into impact. 

14 hours ago, Hookasaurus Rex said:

P790s would be a better comparison size wise and they have the same construction as the 770.   I have a set of P790s and just sold my set of Forged Tec Blacks.  They are almost exactly the same size as the 790s- blade length, offset, etc...  if you are talking about the 2020 Forged Tec, I tested those out against the 790s- they are a direct competitor to the 790s.  When I lined them up, I thought they were a touch bigger than the 790. I know the face height on them is definitely taller than the 790.  In terms of the 770, someone nailed it earlier, the 770 are going to be quite a bit smaller than either iteration of the Forged Tec.

I've been trying to adapt to the 2020 Forged Tec's but have struggled with consistency, especially the 9-GW. 

Probably going back to the Forged Tec Black, which are more pleasing to my eye, feel better and seem to fit me better. They were build after a fitting at Hot Stix.

The 2020's were built by Cobra after I ordered them to my specs, but the SW's or off quite a bit ( GW is D5 for instance)

I hated the feel of the 790's when I tried them head to head against the 2020 FT's

Might have a look at the P770s.

Edited by RainShadow

Ping G400 10.5 (9.75) Hzrdus Yellow 75 5.5
Callaway Rogue 17* 4wd Atmos Blue TS 70  
Ping G410 19*, 22* & 26* Tensei CK Pro Blue 80
Cobra Forged Tec Black 6-GW SteelFiber i95cw R (2019 Forged Tec SteelFiber i95cw R trial run ) 
Vokey SM7 54/8 M 
Mack Daddy PM 58/12
Toulon Madison H1 neck/ Toulon Atlanta H7/ Bettinardi BB1 Tiki 2016
Wilson Staff FG Tour/ Bridgestone Tour B RXS / ProV1

20 hours ago, Jace_bkr said:

Whew we.  A bit stinky there you are my friend with your inference or comparing one's opinion to one's backside.  I think they are soft.  But I get it , you like to generalize because as you say "anyone who says they do isn't hitting the same clubs I am".  Well there we have it.  You are the expert and and obviously speak for everyone.  Gee you almost sound like a candidate for President!  Cheers

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
3 hours ago, Lobber said:

Whew we.  A bit stinky there you are my friend with your inference or comparing one's opinion to one's backside.  I think they are soft.  But I get it , you like to generalize because as you say "anyone who says they do isn't hitting the same clubs I am".  Well there we have it.  You are the expert and and obviously speak for everyone.  Gee you almost sound like a candidate for President!  Cheers

Whew we is right.. you are 100% Democrat I would bet the house on it..  Can’t just agree to disagree. No expert here never claimed to be, in fact stated  “IN MY OPINION” but since you don’t agree with MY OPINION want to discredit it try & belittle me with snooty comments like “you must be the expert”.  Grow a sack dude.. 

Edited by Jace_bkr
  • Like 4
8 minutes ago, Jace_bkr said:

Whew we is right.. you are 100% Democrat I would bet the house on it..  Can’t just agree to disagree. No expert here never claimed to be, in fact stated  “IN MY OPINION” but since you don’t agree with MY OPINION want to discredit it try & belittle me with snooty comments like “you must be the expert”.  Grow a sack dude.. 

Wrong again!  Keep trying you'll get it right eventually

Anyways....... had another round with the 770s. Played my home course which (for me) is quite challenging.  Fired a +6 78.  Better performance than my i210s.  The turf interaction is far superior for my swing.  This course requires the whole bag to be hit, so tested the mid and long irons a bit.  Very pleased.  Very satisfied with these thus far.  I think TM has a winner on their hands.

• Like 1

TaylorMade SIM 10.5*, HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g 6.5
TaylorMade SIM Max 3W 15*, HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g 6.5
Titleist 818H1 21*, Tensei Pro White 90S
Taylormade P770 4-PW, KBS Tour 120 S
Titleist Vokey SM8 50F, 54S, 58M

TaylorMade Spider X
SM 4.5LS 14 Way

8 hours ago, Hougz79 said:

Anyways....... had another round with the 770s. Played my home course which (for me) is quite challenging.  Fired a +6 78.  Better performance than my i210s.  The turf interaction is far superior for my swing.  This course requires the whole bag to be hit, so tested the mid and long irons a bit.  Very pleased.  Very satisfied with these thus far.  I think TM has a winner on their hands.

what do you like more than your i210s?

Gunga Galunga Golf - Golf Photography