TITLEIST T100S REVIEWS? ANY LONG TERM REVIEWS

tw7878

I’ve played about 10 rounds with my T100S and I love them. I’m playing 4 thru the gw. Traditionally I’ve played a specialty gw and this is my first go with one from an iron set, but the sole on these is so good for me that I’m not giving anything up. There’s definitely a little something to the extra tungsten in the toes. I’ve always played my irons a couple degrees flat, but haven’t needed to make the adjustment to these. 

• Like 1

Stealth Plus+ 10.5* || Ventus Blue TR 7x

SIM2 Rescue 17* || Ventus Blue HB 8x

X-Forged UT 18* || MMT UT 105tx

TSi2 21* || Ventus Black HB 10tx

T100/620MB 5-9 || DG X7

SM9 47 || DG X7

SM9 51, 55, 59 || DG X1

BB8 Tri Wiz Cu Insert || BGT Stability Tour

Bettinardi BKS #1

7 hours ago, objxtn said:

Been playing mine for a couple of months and they’re great clubs. 4-PW with DG 120 shafts. The only modification I did was to bend the PW 1° weak to 45°. I then go to SM8’s in 50°, a 54° bent to 55° and 60°. I love this setup and 5° gapping and it works well for me.

Seeing in your sig, you had i210s before, how does the T100 compare if reference to sole/forgiveness?

Thanks!

I just got my set a couple days ago. I went 4-P but I think I will order the 48/G, then move to a 54/60 setup. I have swung them once in a lesson and find slight misses to still be decent. I really like the soles on them. Enough so that I am selling my 921 tours. The t100s just seem better for me, though I will prob end up grabbing another set of tours with x100’s at some point. 

I've had mine for about a month now.  Probably the best set I've ever had.... And I buy/sell a lot.  Just the best all around club.  Forgiving, size, shape, performance, etc...  Excellent job by titleist.  

Edited by bogeypro
Correction

PXG Black Ops Tour driver 

PXG g5 3 wood

PXG Black Ops 17* hybrid

TaylorMade Qi10 5 wood

TaylorMade P770 4-9 KBS Tour

TaylorMade MG4 46/52/58wedges

Bettinardi BB1 putter

4 hours ago, kepeollie said:

Seeing in your sig, you had i210s before, how does the T100 compare if reference to sole/forgiveness?

Thanks!

Funny you asked that. I took the i210’s out yesterday and played 9 with them just for fun because they’re going in a “backup bag” I’m putting together. The i210’s are slightly more forgiving/less demanding across the face, and the ground if you were to hit one a touch fat. I still like the T100s behind the ball better, much less offset, the feel is better, and I feel like I can flight and work them better.

• Thanks 1

Titleist TSi2 10° w/Ventus Blue 6x w/VeloCore

Titleist TSi2 15° w/Ventus Blue 7x w/VeloCore
Titleist TSi2 21° w/Ventus Blue 8x w/VeloCore
Titleist T100S (2021) 4-PW w/PX LZ 6.0
Vokey SM8 Raw 52.12F, 56.10S, and 60.08M
Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5 34"
Pro V1

20 hours ago, bogeypro said:

I've had mine for about a month now.  Probably the best day I've ever had.... And I buy/sell a lot.  They best all around club.  Forgiving, size, shape, performance, etc...  Excellent job by titleist.  

Same.  Last year was the the best Iron striking year I've had with the T100s.  I have a fresh black set for 2021

2024 Bag TBD

3 hours ago, tigerfan23 said:

Same.  Last year was the the best Iron striking year I've had with the T100s.  I have a fresh black set for 2021

Wow, I should have checked my spelling.... Auto correct really got me.  😂

PXG Black Ops Tour driver 

PXG g5 3 wood

PXG Black Ops 17* hybrid

TaylorMade Qi10 5 wood

TaylorMade P770 4-9 KBS Tour

TaylorMade MG4 46/52/58wedges

Bettinardi BB1 putter

These things are money.  I’ve had mine since September. I find them plenty forgiving. I’ve seen tight side to side and front to back dispersion.

Callaway Paradym Triple 💎 10.5* Ventus Blue 6X/TR 6S
Titleist TSR2 16.5* (Set to 15.75*) Tour AD DI 7S
Titleist TSR2 18* Hybrid Tour AD IZ 85S
Titleist u505 4i (21*) Tour AD DI 95S

Srixon Zx7 MK II 5-PW, 51* AW - Modus 105S
Callaway Jaws 56*-Jaws Full Toe 60*-  DG 115 TI S200

Toulon Garage Custom Las Vegas H7 35”

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/12/2020 at 3:08 PM, Voleagle77 said:

For the guys who are playing the T100, who are using the T100 PW vs who are using Vokey? 
How is the gapping from T100 PW to Vokey 52? Or Vokey 50?

I’ve got a set of T100 on order (they are saying end of Jan, ordered Oct 5) and now trying to figure out wedge configuration. Would like to go 52-56-60 if that gapping works. Thx!

I've got the T100.  PW is 46, then I go to 50, 54, 58 Vokey.  It's very nice gapping, very even.  Great, actually.  I debated whether to do a Vokey PW or the T100, and I read somewhere (perhaps here on golfwrx) that if you use your PW more like a 10 iron (full swings) then do a PW that matches your set.  If you use the PW for specialty shots, more like a SW, then get one that matches your wedges.  Seemed like good advice to me, and it's worked well for me too. 

• 5 weeks later...

I've been playing them since they launched last season.  I went for 5-PW T100s and T200 for the 4 iron with Project X LZ 6.5's. I was coming from 712 AP2's with C-taper stiffs. Direct comparison between the two:

Performance - T100s is about 7-8 yards longer with a flatter and lower ball flight. T100s also doesn't want to go left as much, could be from less offset or could be from the stiffer shaft. Forgiveness seems to be about the same? The T200 4 iron is great as well. Very easy to hit. Long and launches high.

Looks/feel - T100s looks all around nicer with a smaller top line and less offset. They honestly could pass for a blade iron at address. T100s has a hotter feel out of the center but doesn't feel as soft as my AP2's did. I really don't love the feel of t100s but they perform great so I can get over it.

Overall I like them a lot and they are definitely an upgrade from the AP2. The distance gain is nice for sure. T100s is great for someone that is looking for a few extra yards but still with players iron performance. They may not be for you if you already have a low ball flight or don't spin your irons enough. 

Ai Smoke 💎💎💎 9* Ventus TR Red 6X BRNR Mini 13.5* Diamana ZF 70X

Paradym 💎💎💎T 18* Ventus Red 8X

ZX Utility 4 iron Steelfiber 110X

P7TW 5-PW DG Tour Issue X100

SM10 Jet Black 52F, 56S, 60M DG Tour Issue S400

Odyssey Versa #7

Pro V1X

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 12/23/2020 at 11:09 AM, objxtn said:

Funny you asked that. I took the i210’s out yesterday and played 9 with them just for fun because they’re going in a “backup bag” I’m putting together. The i210’s are slightly more forgiving/less demanding across the face, and the ground if you were to hit one a touch fat. I still like the T100s behind the ball better, much less offset, the feel is better, and I feel like I can flight and work them better.

How was the turf interaction on the T100 compared to the i210s which have more bounce?

[i][b]In the Bag:[/b][/i]
Driver - Ping 430 Max 10.5 Degree - Tensei 1K 70g  45"

Fairway Woods: Wilson Dynapower (2023) 5 and 7 woods
Irons: 6 - PW trade between Titleist T200 Steel Fiber i110s, and Wilson Staffs +1" - Shafts Project X LZ 5.5
Hybrids: Ping G425 26 degree Titleist TSi2 17 and 23 degree…..Shaft Project X 90 Hyb +1"
PW: Wilson Staff Custom 52 SW: Cleveland CBX Full Face 56 10 bounce
Putter: Jon Rham Limited Naked Rossie 
Ball: Wilson Staff, Pro V or Callaway Chrome Soft
Bag: Datrek 

Cart: Bagboy Quad

On 12/23/2020 at 12:23 AM, MPAndreassi said:

I’ve played about 10 rounds with my T100S and I love them. I’m playing 4 thru the gw. Traditionally I’ve played a specialty gw and this is my first go with one from an iron set, but the sole on these is so good for me that I’m not giving anything up. There’s definitely a little something to the extra tungsten in the toes. I’ve always played my irons a couple degrees flat, but haven’t needed to make the adjustment to these. 

Expanding on my post from when they were 10 rounds old, I’ve probably played about 80 rounds with mine now. 

I’ve gone back to my Vokey 50* as the set wedge just didn’t do it for me around the greens once our course dried out a bit with the summer. 

The irons themselves though are absolutely outstanding. They’re perfect for me. I don’t have a single complaint about them. I’m playing them 2* strong in the 4 iron (20*), standard in the 5 (25*) and 2* weak in the 6-pw (30-46*). 

The turf interaction for my swing is perfect; they look incredible behind the ball and the forgiveness is off the charts for how good they look. 

Stealth Plus+ 10.5* || Ventus Blue TR 7x

SIM2 Rescue 17* || Ventus Blue HB 8x

X-Forged UT 18* || MMT UT 105tx

TSi2 21* || Ventus Black HB 10tx

T100/620MB 5-9 || DG X7

SM9 47 || DG X7

SM9 51, 55, 59 || DG X1

BB8 Tri Wiz Cu Insert || BGT Stability Tour

Bettinardi BKS #1

10 hours ago, MPAndreassi said:

Expanding on my post from when they were 10 rounds old, I’ve probably played about 80 rounds with mine now. 

I’ve gone back to my Vokey 50* as the set wedge just didn’t do it for me around the greens once our course dried out a bit with the summer. 

The irons themselves though are absolutely outstanding. They’re perfect for me. I don’t have a single complaint about them. I’m playing them 2* strong in the 4 iron (20*), standard in the 5 (25*) and 2* weak in the 6-pw (30-46*). 

The turf interaction for my swing is perfect; they look incredible behind the ball and the forgiveness is off the charts for how good they look. 

Same story here. Have a good 75+ rounds on mine now.

4/5 are standard & 6-PW 2* weak as well.  love the way they look, feel & the turf interaction.

Overall a fantastic set of irons in my hands..

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, gsxrdn said:

Have anyone got a chance to compare 19 t100s vs 21 t100s?

I posted this a day ago. Played another round with the new T100s yesterday and a few more things I noticed. The new model flies higher. To me the feel is a little softer and I’m getting there with the sole design. It really cuts through the rough. 

Quick review/initial impressions of the new T100s. I ordered 5 - PW with MMT 105s shafts from Fairway Jockey. The build was spot on perfect. I gravitated to the 100s last year as I’m used to playing sets with a 48* PW and this set is basically like my old 4 - PW sets of years ago. 

First off, the sole design is DEFINITELY different than the ‘19 model. I’m not 100% sold on that yet. I took some monster divots with them today and the ‘19’s would always shallow out and not really dig. I compare them to the JPX 919 Tour sole. Clean strikes are heavenly, but when I get steep - it really shows. Easy to “go down” and dig one out of the rough with the new sole. 

The muscle channel or cutaway really makes the ball jump off of the 5, 6, and 7 irons. Noticeably easier to launch these versus the ‘19 model (with the same shafts). I cannot tell a difference between the new 8 - GW compared to the ‘19 model. I love these short irons and happy they are point and shoot like the ‘19’s. 

I’m going to give these a few more rounds before I decide to stick with them or keep playing my ‘19 model. Sole design matters more to me than a little extra forgiveness in the long irons. For some reason, the Titleist pre-worn sole always worked well for me and that’s going to be hard to give up. 

I’ll report back after a few more rounds. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, gman1707 said:

I posted this a day ago. Played another round with the new T100s yesterday and a few more things I noticed. The new model flies higher. To me the feel is a little softer and I’m getting there with the sole design. It really cuts through the rough. 

Quick review/initial impressions of the new T100s. I ordered 5 - PW with MMT 105s shafts from Fairway Jockey. The build was spot on perfect. I gravitated to the 100s last year as I’m used to playing sets with a 48* PW and this set is basically like my old 4 - PW sets of years ago. 

First off, the sole design is DEFINITELY different than the ‘19 model. I’m not 100% sold on that yet. I took some monster divots with them today and the ‘19’s would always shallow out and not really dig. I compare them to the JPX 919 Tour sole. Clean strikes are heavenly, but when I get steep - it really shows. Easy to “go down” and dig one out of the rough with the new sole. 

The muscle channel or cutaway really makes the ball jump off of the 5, 6, and 7 irons. Noticeably easier to launch these versus the ‘19 model (with the same shafts). I cannot tell a difference between the new 8 - GW compared to the ‘19 model. I love these short irons and happy they are point and shoot like the ‘19’s. 

I’m going to give these a few more rounds before I decide to stick with them or keep playing my ‘19 model. Sole design matters more to me than a little extra forgiveness in the long irons. For some reason, the Titleist pre-worn sole always worked well for me and that’s going to be hard to give up. 

I appreciate these feedbacks keep us posted on the update. I just bought a set of 19 T100s Black and when I tested them on mat I couldnt tell much different. 21 felt a bit softer but not by much. 

Played another round today and the ‘21 T100s are growing on me. Very similar to the ‘19, touch higher ball flight and not enough rounds in to gauge any spin differences. I’m adjusting to the sole design and hitting them nicely. So far so good. I have a set of the black ‘19 model that I hate to let go, but I think the newer model gives me a touch more height in the 5 -7 irons which is welcomed at this point. 

On 9/6/2021 at 3:12 PM, gman1707 said:

Played another round today and the ‘21 T100s are growing on me. Very similar to the ‘19, touch higher ball flight and not enough rounds in to gauge any spin differences. I’m adjusting to the sole design and hitting them nicely. So far so good. I have a set of the black ‘19 model that I hate to let go, but I think the newer model gives me a touch more height in the 5 -7 irons which is welcomed at this point. 

I got a chance to test the new iron on the grass and seem like I cant hit them at all. Not sure what have change in my swing. When I am on mat these feel amazing, easy to control but when on grass I keep topping them or thinning out the shot. I may have to find a grass rang to get better at striking these. The black irons look gorgeous.

received_575010920297564.jpeg

6 hours ago, gsxrdn said:

I got a chance to test the new iron on the grass and seem like I cant hit them at all. Not sure what have change in my swing. When I am on mat these feel amazing, easy to control but when on grass I keep topping them or thinning out the shot. I may have to find a grass rang to get better at striking these. The black irons look gorgeous.

received_575010920297564.jpeg

give them a few more rounds in grass. They take bigger divots but do not get hung up in the turf. 

My son playsT100s until I built the set of 620 MBs for him. He loves the t100s irons.  He prefers the 620 MB set for the spin, distance control and turf interaction.  A lot of courses he plays have tight fairway cuts and the blade seems to work better for him but he would tell you the T100s is a quality and excellent club

On 9/6/2021 at 6:53 AM, gman1707 said:

Too early to say for sure but 1st impressions have me thinking I’ll be sticking with the old T100’s. 

looks wise I prefer the new over the old.. (the new model are simply stunning) but Don’t love the higher launch or the new sole design. 

The turf interaction on the new are night and day difference. I find the old to work much better for me..

going to give them a few rounds and see if they grow on me       

On 9/11/2021 at 6:08 PM, Jace_bkr said:

Too early to say for sure but 1st impressions have me thinking I’ll be sticking with the old T100’s. 

looks wise I prefer the new over the old.. (the new model are simply stunning) but Don’t love the higher launch or the new sole design. 

The turf interaction on the new are night and day difference. I find the old to work much better for me..

going to give them a few rounds and see if they grow on me       

Just throwing my 2 cents in on this - completely agree with the sole. I am very steep and dig severely and the pre worn leading edge just worked so much better on the old version for me. I understand where the inspiration comes from on the new ones, but for me the 2021 version performs worse. Also worth mentioning - all things equal, I feel

like the 2021 version wants to go more left than the prior generation too.

9 hours ago, Tverrall said:

Just throwing my 2 cents in on this - completely agree with the sole. I am very steep and dig severely and the pre worn leading edge just worked so much better on the old version for me. I understand where the inspiration comes from on the new ones, but for me the 2021 version performs worse. Also worth mentioning - all things equal, I feel

like the 2021 version wants to go more left than the prior generation too.

They performed worse for me as well. Going to give them a couple rounds but hopes aren’t high. 

i came from the 712 CB to the new T100-S.......the 712's were the best clubs ive ever played and the T100-S is right there with them.  They are not fade bias clubs to the regular amateur. They are stable and the feel great when the sweet spot is hit. Like other clubs, if you miss the center, you feel it a bit but you are not penalized that bad....these are more forgiving than you would think and if you are a 15 and under, you can play these irons. 

I blend these with the T200's, and if you want some more "pop" with the longer irons, add the T200's. These are amazing. The feel is a little different, but they are exxplosive and are very easy to hit

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, tsecor said:

i came from the 712 CB to the new T100-S.......the 712's were the best clubs ive ever played and the T100-S is right there with them.  They are not fade bias clubs to the regular amateur. They are stable and the feel great when the sweet spot is hit. Like other clubs, if you miss the center, you feel it a bit but you are not penalized that bad....these are more forgiving than you would think and if you are a 15 and under, you can play these irons. 

I blend these with the T200's, and if you want some more "pop" with the longer irons, add the T200's. These are amazing. The feel is a little different, but they are exxplosive and are very easy to hit

I think there is a case to be made that to a low single digit handicap; while they are not necessarily fade bias, they have a tendency to go more left than the original T100 does. Why did you choose t100s and not the 620CB?

11 minutes ago, Tverrall said:

I think there is a case to be made that to a low single digit handicap; while they are not necessarily fade bias, they have a tendency to go more left than the original T100 does. Why did you choose t100s and not the 620CB?

I think i wanted a little more "help" the T100-S offers with the same type of profile at address......i really like the look of the 620 but i also wanted a little stronger engineed loft  and the T100-S has this....plus the t100-s and the T200 irons blend perfectly from a loft standpoint