Repair Sun Mountain bag liner tear?

I have a Sun Mountain Three.5 stand bag from 2014. It has four club compartments.

image.png.d8aee6814549362609f894b01034d07c.png

It works great, except it has a tear in the center liner. Clubs fall into place before round. But once the round starts, the clubs get all tangled up on the liner as I try to take clubs in and out of the two center compartments.

Can it be repaired? Or, should I just reach down with scissors cut out the material anchored on the center divider (dark bar to right of blue arrow).

What's In The Bag (Summary as of October 2020)

Driver:  Tour Edge EXS 10.5° set +1°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  Calla Rogue 4W + 7W

Hybrid:  Calla Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  Tour Edge CB Pro Tungsten 4i-9i

Wedges:  Calla MD3: 48° and 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter: Ping Sigma G Tyne (face-balanced)

Ball: Calla SuperHot (Orange preferred)  ||  Bag: Sun Mountain Three 5 stand bag

For details see:  Pending (need protocol to embed file list).

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Call SM customer service, they've been great to me in the past.

Agree. My Sun Mountain the C130. Old bag .Ripped when putting on The golf cart. They have improved them with the straps.Mine is going out in the garbage this week.By the time you pay for shipping and

Shipping a bag is another $30+, so $85 to repair a bag is excessive imo.  Dallasgolf has new Sun Mountain bags in the $140 range if you don't care that they're last years models.

Posted Images

22 hours ago, GSDriver said:

Call SM customer service, they've been great to me in the past.

GS, great info.

Phoned them today, SM rep said when season is over call them for a repair order. Base cost is $55. SM rep suggested I ship them the bag in an empty bag box from Dick's or GG to ship the bag. (I bought bag at GG, hopefully they'll give me one ).

Driver:  Tour Edge EXS 10.5° set +1°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  Calla Rogue 4W + 7W

Hybrid:  Calla Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  Tour Edge CB Pro Tungsten 4i-9i

Wedges:  Calla MD3: 48° and 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter: Ping Sigma G Tyne (face-balanced)

Ball: Calla SuperHot (Orange preferred)  ||  Bag: Sun Mountain Three 5 stand bag

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/2/2020 at 10:55 AM, ChipNRun said:

GS, great info.

Phoned them today, SM rep said when season is over call them for a repair order. Base cost is $55. SM rep suggested I ship them the bag in an empty bag box from Dick's or GG to ship the bag. (I bought bag at GG, hopefully they'll give me one ).

I wouldn't bother with the repair.  Between shipping and repair costs you could almost buy a new bag.  I'd just cut the divider out.

Agree. My Sun Mountain the C130. Old bag .Ripped when putting on The golf cart. They have improved them with the straps.Mine is going out in the garbage this week.By the time you pay for shipping and the repair cost you can buy a new one on sale with a little money added. Living in Florida with the sun and rain it beats the heck out of a bag.Almost dry rots the bag.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, brew4eagle said:

I wouldn't bother with the repair.  Between shipping and repair costs you could almost buy a new bag.  I'd just cut the divider out.

Will doublecheck on the cost, but it appears that $55 will cover it. Given the "cheapest" clearance SM bag is north of $220, it would be worth it.

Money saved could bring a new wedge and a dozen decent golf balls. 

1 hour ago, ChipNRun said:

Will doublecheck on the cost, but it appears that $55 will cover it. Given the "cheapest" clearance SM bag is north of $220, it would be worth it.

Money saved could bring a new wedge and a dozen decent golf balls. 

Shipping a bag is another $30+, so $85 to repair a bag is excessive imo.  Dallasgolf has new Sun Mountain bags in the $140 range if you don't care that they're last years models.

• Thanks 1