Just shot a 71, even par for the first time in my life.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well I knew this was going to happen eventually but not tonight.    Tee'd off at 5pm, gets dark now around 8:10. Went out to play nine but two guys in our group left after nine and myself an

Good round.  Congrats.         Years ago, we had an on-again and off-again guy play with us.  We'll call him Dave.    I always kept score, so when we would walk off

Congratulations! You were even going into 18 and made a birdie. Why is that not one under par? Not trying to drop a turd in the punchbowl but I was all into the story and celebrated the birdie thinkin

Congratulations! You were even going into 18 and made a birdie. Why is that not one under par? Not trying to drop a turd in the punchbowl but I was all into the story and celebrated the birdie thinking we were one under. 

• Confused 1
21 minutes ago, wkndhckr said:

Congratulations! You were even going into 18 and made a birdie. Why is that not one under par? Not trying to drop a turd in the punchbowl but I was all into the story and celebrated the birdie thinking we were one under. 

Par 71. I was 1 over from the bogey on 9. Sorry messed that up lol, fixed it now!

Edited by ZacR88

Congrats.  Hitting that even par milestone is great. (Tougher to do on 18 vs 9). Way better achievement than breaking 100, 90, 80, but feels very similar.  Next step is under par and then sub 70.  Perfection is unattainable. The grind is real. Best game ever. 

• Like 1
11 hours ago, ZacR88 said:

Well I knew this was going to happen eventually but not tonight. 

Tee'd off at 5pm, gets dark now around 8:10. Went out to play nine but two guys in our group left after nine and myself and another member kept going to see how far we could get before it got too dark. I finished the front nine 1 over. Bogey on the ninth hole after a poor drive which had me scrambling the rest of the hole. Just missed the par putt. 

We then had no one in front of us and flew through the rest of the course in just over an hour. I was 1 over going into 18 and it was dark, I could not see where my drive even went, knew it was good so I walked up the middle of the fairway and found just on the left edge of the fairway. 150 in, second shot was an 8 iron into a middle pin. Knocked it to 5 feet lol and drained the birdie for an even par 71!

What gets me now is all the birdie putts I missed out there, lipped out on two 4 footers for birdie on the front and honestly with some more light could have had a few more drop if I could see the line a bit better. Ugh. Moving forward in the right direction which is exciting as I have put in a lot of work this summer. Last three rounds have been 72, 74, and tonight a 71. 

Sorry just excited! I have shot a 72 before on a much much easier course which was not really a test but to do it at my home course playing at 6568 yards, greens running around an 11-12 today with some very tough pins is something else. 

That is awesome! I'm still working on my first 18 at even or better.  I've played 9 at even or better 4 times this season.  But 18 is truly an accomplishment.  Congrats and I hope you continue to play well!

In the bag

Driver: Taylormade M6 

3w: Taylormade 2016 M2

5w: Taylormade 2017 M2

Irons: Callaway Apex CF 19 4i-AW

W1: Vokey SM7 54* S

W2: Vokey SM8 60* L

Putter: Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2.5

way to go, enjoy the accomplishment sir

sometimes golf is far easier with less thinking

69 is clearly in your sights as a new target !!!!

Ping G400 Max 10.5* Fubuki K 60x : Ping G400 5w 16.5* Blueboard 63x
Ping G400 7w 19.5* Blueboard 73x : Callaway Apex '16 4h 23* Fubuki 82x

Callaway Apex CF16 5i AD DI 85x  :  6i - PW Recoil Prototype 95 f4
Vokey SM2 50*  Vokey SM2 TVD 54*m & 59*m DG s400 Onyx

Callaway ‘19 PM Grind 64* DG s400 Onyx ~~ Piretti Matera Elite

33 minutes ago, badboggs said:

Congrats.  I still remember my first time breaking 70.  I was like 16 with my dad and hooped a 30 footer.  Was pretty special.

Same here. Was playing like never before. Holed the first par 3 so I knew something was up. Turns out the game was set to beginner the whole time. 

Awesome!  Still waiting to break 80!  ?

G410 9 Degree - Accra FX 2.0
G410 3, 5 & 9 Woods - Accra FX 2.0
G410 4-5 Hybrids - Accra 80i
G410 6-UW - Accra 80i
Glide 3.0 54WS, 58WS Accra 80i
PING Bruzer
PING Vault 2.0 Craz-E **Backup**
(MY HYBRIDS, IRONS & WEDGES HAVE BEEN STOLEN BY MY SON)

Good round.  Congrats.  

Years ago, we had an on-again and off-again guy play with us. 

We'll call him Dave. 

I always kept score, so when we would walk off 18 I would pause for a moment and go over the scores with the foursome. 

Wayne + 5, Greg +6, Dave +9 and me +5.   

When I announced Dave's score , he would always do the same thing.   

"If I didn't double 2, bogey 9 and 12, triple 14 and have those two bogeys coming in I would have shot par.  See you guys next week."

I used to think he was a goofball but then I realized he kept his emotions under control by simply reviewing his over-par holes. 

In his mind, the only thing that stood between him and par was a few bad holes.  

Dave NEVER got upset about golf. 

He NEVER shot par either...........poor bastird.  

Edited by Ferguson
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Congratulations.  It's harder and simpler to do than one realizes (simple if you can remove your brain from the equation).

Shot even par 71 on my last round of 2019 in Palm Desert.  Although, I did bogey the last hole to do it. ?

Ping G400 9º TFC 419 Stiff at 45"

Jazz 3 wd Powercoil Stiff
Ping i20 3 Hyb 707H Stiff
TM R7 TP 3i Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
X2 Hot 4_-PW Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
Vokey SM2 52º cc, Ping ES 56º and ES 60º
Ping Sigma2 Valor at 34.75"
MCC Align Midsize

Really happy for you! I remember my first even and under par rounds and now I am trying to get in the 60s. Always amazing to reach a milestone and love to help celebrate. Good luck on the next one! 

Congrats.  Glad you managed to get the round in.  Nothing worse than a great round stifled by a slow group in front and running out of daylight.  

The first time I shot under par I didn't realize it. I was bummed I made par on the last to shoot even par.  Last hole was a getable par 5.  My playing partner said he had me at minus 1.  Recounted and realized I was 1 under.  Nice surprise.  

Only a small percentage of people will do what you have done.  

On 8/31/2020 at 8:13 PM, ZacR88 said:

What gets me now is all the birdie putts I missed out there, lipped out on two 4 footers for birdie on the front and honestly with some more light could have had a few more drop if I could see the line a bit better. Ugh. Moving forward in the right direction which is exciting as I have put in a lot of work this summer. Last three rounds have been 72, 74, and tonight a 71. 

Sorry just excited! I have shot a 72 before on a much much easier course which was not really a test but to do it at my home course playing at 6568 yards, greens running around an 11-12 today with some very tough pins is something else. 

First, congrats on the low round, that's awesome stuff.  :pimp: ?

I get the "what ifs" a little too well.  When I shot my personal best round, which was actually matching my personal best (though from a longer set of tees), and after a birdie on #18 no less, I started complaining about the what could have been's.  I'd missed 6 putts of four to six feet during the round, could have put something more obnoxious on the card.  My friends immediately started laughing at me, and I got a couple friendly STFU's in there, also.  LOL 

We golfers can be funny peeps

Again, nice bit of shooting there, dude.  ?

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver:  Cobra Fly-Z+, Xcaliber 7.5 TS, 44", King LTD, HZRDUS 75 6.5, 44.25"
3w:  Cobra King LTD, Aldila Tour Blue 85 S, 42.5"; Stage 2 Tour, SK Fiber Tour Trac 100 X, 42.5"
Hybrid:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour, NV105 S or DGS400

Irons grab bag:  Mizuno MP-37, DGS300; Golden Ram TW276, NV105; Golden Ram TW282, Precision 6.5; Ram TG-898, Super Peening Blue X; 1980 Golden Rams, Dynamic S; MacGregor Muirfield, Dynamic S; Wilson Staff 78 Tour Blades, Dynamic S
GW:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, DGS400
SW:  Ram Watson Scoring System 55*, DGX 7i shaft; Ram TG-898, DGS400; Ram TG-898, NV105 S; Wilson Staff PMP 58*, DGS300; Ram 1982 Commemorative Nickel 58*, Dynamic S; Ram TW282, DGS; Ram TW276, DGS
LW:  Maltby Design 60* mid sole, DGS400; Maltby Design 60* mid sole, NV105 S
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34.25"; Yes! Nicky, 34"
Balls: Wilson Staff Duo Professional or 50 Elite, TP5

On 8/31/2020 at 8:13 PM, ZacR88 said:

Well I knew this was going to happen eventually but not tonight. 

Tee'd off at 5pm, gets dark now around 8:10. Went out to play nine but two guys in our group left after nine and myself and another member kept going to see how far we could get before it got too dark. I finished the front nine 1 over. Bogey on the ninth hole after a poor drive which had me scrambling the rest of the hole. Just missed the par putt. 

We then had no one in front of us and flew through the rest of the course in just over an hour. I was 1 over going into 18 and it was dark, I could not see where my drive even went, knew it was good so I walked up the middle of the fairway and found just on the left edge of the fairway. 150 in, second shot was an 8 iron into a middle pin. Knocked it to 5 feet lol and drained the birdie for an even par 71!

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice

Sounds like a great round! I've been lucky enough to post even a few times and it's always very exciting. Keep up the good play!

Driver: Titleist TS2 w/ Graphite Design Tour AD BB 7S

5 Wood: TC Callaway XR 16 w/ PX HZDUS Black 85 6.5

Irons: Wilson Staff FG Tour V6 w/ True Temper DG X100

Wedges: Callaway Jaws MD5 w/ True Temper DG S400

Putter: Odyssey Black Series Milled #1

On 9/1/2020 at 6:40 PM, badboggs said:

Congrats.  I still remember my first time breaking 70.  I was like 16 with my dad and hooped a 30 footer.  Was pretty special.

Annddd.. Mr one upper joins us..

i was 8 when I broke 60 the first time 

current swing coached by wrxers..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wgXZab7vI4

Cheers Zac ?

JBeam Bullet 10* Ventus Black 6X
Exotics CBX 119 13.5* 3WD & 18* 5WD Accra TourZ 382 M5
Exotics CB2  21* 7WD Accra TZ5 85 M5  
PING S55 5-9 Mitsubishi MMT-125TX
Miura Tour Milled Wedge 48, 52, 56, 60 Fuji MCI 125 Solid

Bettinardi Innovai Tour DASS Flowneck Prototype

Gah!!!  3-putted the 16th hole for a bogey 6 to prevent a sub-par round yesterday.  Even par is nice, but damn, that close to getting it done.

Ping G400 9º TFC 419 Stiff at 45"

Jazz 3 wd Powercoil Stiff
Ping i20 3 Hyb 707H Stiff
TM R7 TP 3i Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
X2 Hot 4_-PW Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
Vokey SM2 52º cc, Ping ES 56º and ES 60º
Ping Sigma2 Valor at 34.75"
MCC Align Midsize

1 hour ago, Socrates said:

Gah!!!  3-putted the 16th hole for a bogey 6 to prevent a sub-par round yesterday.  Even par is nice, but damn, that close to getting it done.

ha funny you mention that. Went out for 9 today to a random course with a friend from work and did the exact same thing!