How did you find GolfWRX

I have been coming here for a long time. I remember how I found it. At the time I was Japan equipment curious and was searching around looking at the JDM stuff and stumbled on to the JDM page started reading, and then found the rest of the site.. 

I have never purchased any JDM stuff. but have spent lots of money on domestic stuff since then. 

• Like 4

Driver: Taylormade SIM 9 Project X Green 60TX

Fairway Finder: Taylormade Original One 13.5 UST Proforce V2 8F5
Taylormade Gapr low 2 
4-PW Cobra king forged CB KBS $ Taper 130 X flex
Wedges 50, 54, 60 Cleveland ZIPCORE
PUTTER; Kronos release long neck
BALL; Bridgestone BX, OR Taylomade TP5x PIX

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I found this place out of necessity. I was trying to tell how much the Cleveland Comp head was the GOAT and the owners of BSG squashed the thread because they didn't sell it. That was where I lost it.

I was upset that we were let down. I cant remember complaining in public but their actions were self serving.    We have tried to manage this community through the lens of the member. 

Almost 25,000 posts ago in 2005, I did a web-search and here I am.  I took a break and now I'm back.  Now I spend most of my days trying to catch @Sean2's post count!  This place used to be tumbleweed

Posted Images

image.png.82031fa9249f9fab7cc69f23c1ffd485.png

Cobra F9 9* Evenflow White 6.0, F9 Tour Fairway 15* Evenflow White 6.0 

Adams Idea Pro Gold 18* 2H Matrix Ozik Altus 

Titleist 718 AP2 4-P DG AMT S300, Vokey SM7 50/8*, 54/10*, 58/10*, S200

Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1

I don't think I explicitly searched "golf forum". Nevertheless, if you search anything golf related on the Internet, you'll land on GolfWRX quickly. 

Fun fact. When I first joined, I thought everyone on GolfWRX plays blades, drives the ball 300+ yards and shoots even par. Well, at least from the way posters talk.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Not sure exactly, probably looking on Google for a club review or some club building/repair tips and would have come across a thread on this forum and joined up. 

Callaway Rogue 9.5*

Cobra Baffler 16*

Ping G30 22*

TM R-11 5-PW

Mizuno MP-T5 50* 54*

PM Grind 60* 

Ping My Day 

I was looking for tips for my trip to St Andrews last year. As much internetting as I do, I did find it odd I wasn't a regular visitor to a golf board. 

Got some great tips. Stuck around. You guys are alright. 🙂

Edited by aenemated

Titleist TS4 9.5°

Titleist TS2 15°, 18°

Titleist TS2H 21°

Taylormade P7MC 4-PW

Miura TG Raw 52°, 58°

Scotty Cameron Custom Phantom X8

9 hours ago, QuigleyDU said:

I have been coming here for a long time. I remember how I found it. At the time I was Japan equipment curious and was searching around looking at the JDM stuff and stumbled on to the JDM page started reading, and then found the rest of the site.. 

I have never purchased any JDM stuff. but have spent lots of money on domestic stuff since then. 

This is exactly how I found GolfWRX. I had heard about these Miura irons "crafted from the hands of god", and had to do some research. Ended up in the JDM forum and was stunned by the quantity and depth of information. (Didn't even know what JDM meant at the time). Spent hours that first night just in that forum. When I discovered all of the other content, I was sold. 

And just like you, Quigley, I have yet to pull the trigger on any Miura equipment (or any other JDM stuff), but I'm still researching!

• Like 2

Was on a diff forum, guy in a golf shop told me about Wrx

Ping G400 Max 10.5* Fubuki K 60x

Ping G400 5w 16.5* Blueboard 73x
Callaway GBB 19* Aldila NVS 85x
Apex '16 4h 23* Fubuki ax400h 82x

Apex ‘16 5h 27* Mitsu KuroKage 90s

Ping s55 6 - PW Fujikura MCI 100s

Ping Glide 49*, 54* & 59* wrx Recoil 110s
Piretti Matera Elite

club reviews and then realizing i can buy clubs from somewhere other than 2nd Swing and Global Golf

2019 Taylormade FlexTech Lite (Blood Orange)

Cobra Speedzone 10.5

Cobra Speedzone 14.5

Cobra F9 4h 21

2019 Cobra Forged CB/MB Combo 5-PW

SM7 Black 50F08,

SM6 Tour Chrome 54S10, 58M08

Evnroll ER2B w/ Gravity Grip

Bridgestone BXS

I used to check out the old Golf Digest forums. When they closed down, my recollection was that they said to check this place out...and that was that. I had a long gap where I didn’t use it between 2008 and 2014 but since 2014, I have probably been on more days than not.

Titleist TS3 8.5 Stiff Diamana D+
Titleist 915Fd 15 Stiff Rogue Black 
Titleist 915Hd 17.5 Stiff Diamana S+
Titleist T100 4-PW Stiff Project X LZ
Titleist Vokey SM6 50.08 & 54.10
Titlesist Vokey SM7 60.04
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1x 2019

I was looking for information on tour issue clubs back in 2006.  I remember Callaway used to put a sticker up by the grip with a serial number.  That just opened Pandora's box - "tour issue" was the wild west back then.

• Like 2

Taylormade M6, 9.0*, Hzrdus Smoke 60 S
Taylormade SIM, 15* & 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 70 S
Taylormade P790, 4, 5, 6, Recoil 110 F4 +1"
Honma 747V, 7-PW, Pro Modus 105 +1"
Taylormade MG 50 Recoil 110 F4 +1"
Taylormade MG2 56, 60 Recoil 110 F4 +1"
Odyssey EXO 2-ball Stroke Lab, 35"

I was on The Golf Channel Discussion board for a few yeas in the early 2000's, then it started breaking down and someone there mentioned WRX, I joined in 2006! 

• Like 1

Callaway MAVRIK Sub Zero 9.0 Rogue MSI 60s
PING G410 FW 7 
Callaway MAVRIK MAX hybrid 3
Callaway MAVRIK 5-A Modus Tour 105 S
Callaway Jaws MD5 54.10 58.12
Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5 

ProV1X No. 12

Google.  I think I've posted this elsewhere, but I golfed a TON during junior high and high school, to the point where I actually had semi-custom clubs made (local shop would buy kits in bulk from Golfsmith or similar, add their own juju, and then sell them at a tremendous discount), and realized I was still playing those same juniors' clubs 18 years later.  We got a dog last January, and while training her, we had on a bunch of videos from Youtube as background noise (which also led me down a whiskey rabbit hole); among these were Golf Vlogs UK and Rick Shiels.  I realized that I hadn't golfed a ton since I entered college, and began researching my juniors' clubs, how much they might be worth in a trade in, how much a new set of clubs would be, and exactly how and where golf clubs had evolved since I'd last been in the game (in 2000 or 2001).  I wound up seeing the URL for GolfWRX coming up again and again, and came to appreciate the thorough, professional answers and reviews over other sites like tee aych pee or emm gee ess, where it felt a lot more amateurish and "bro sciencey."  I come from a family of engineers, and feel a lot more comfortable with hard numbers and data (which I can actually appreciate with emm gee ess and their machine-driven golf ball tests), and quantifying why different clubheads, shafts, or grips (for example) can affect my golf swing.

In years past, I was lucky to get out once or twice a year...After finding GolfWRX and getting some new, better equipment, I fully desire to get out more and more (though time and finances prevent that).  But, there's that *spark.*  I want to get out more, I'm not just golfing out of obligation anymore 🙂

• Like 1

What's In The Bag?

Srixon Z565 Driver, 4W, 4H

Ping G400 5-U

Ping Zing BeCU Putter

Hyundai Equus Alignment Sticks

Bridgestone e6, Noodle Neon, or Titleist TruSoft balls

Various trinkets, ball markers, and white wooden tees

I joined around 2006, specifically looking for pictures of equipment from PGA pros.  At the time BSG was around and ended up sticking with WRX.  The first equipment galleries of players bags really hooked me to the site.  Amazing how far the tour pics have come now.  

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, tbowles411 said:

Almost 25,000 posts ago in 2005, I did a web-search and here I am.  I took a break and now I'm back.  Now I spend most of my days trying to catch @Sean2's post count!  This place used to be tumbleweeds, now it's all fancy!  LOL

I feel like it has gone back and forth. When I first came here I was amazed at what people knew and who posted. Then it seemed to get quiet for a while and seemed to be fading. Now there seems to be a bit of new life. Which is great!! 

Edited by QuigleyDU
  • Like 3

Taylormade Gapr low 2 

1 hour ago, tbowles411 said:

Almost 25,000 posts ago in 2005, I did a web-search and here I am.  I took a break and now I'm back.  Now I spend most of my days trying to catch @Sean2's post count!  This place used to be tumbleweeds, now it's all fancy!  LOL

I am counting on you Tommy... 🙂

• Haha 2

That post count is insane.. I thought I posted a lot.. haha

• Haha 1

Taylormade Gapr low 2 

54 minutes ago, QuigleyDU said:

I feel like it has gone back and forth. When I first came here I was amazed at what people knew and who posted. Then it seemed to get quiet for a while and seemed to be fading. Now there seems to be a bit of new life. Which is great!! 

Being one of the OG's here, I have to hold my tongue sometimes and just realize that I'm old and may not know as much.  But the place picked up nicely after a lull.

• Like 3
G410 9 Degree - Accra FX 2.0
G410 3, 5 & 9 Woods - Accra FX 2.0
G410 4-5 Hybrids - Accra 80i
G410 6-UW - Accra 80i
Glide 3.0 54WS, 58WS Accra 80i
PING Bruzer
PING Vault 2.0 Craz-E **Backup**
(MY HYBRIDS, IRONS & WEDGES HAVE BEEN STOLEN BY MY SON)