How did you find GolfWRX

1 minute ago, QuigleyDU said:

That post count is insane.. I thought I posted a lot.. haha

@Sean2 will need to go on like 5 extended vacations with no Wi-Fi for me to catch him!  LOL

• Haha 1
G410 9 Degree - Accra FX 2.0
G410 3, 5 & 9 Woods - Accra FX 2.0
G410 4-5 Hybrids - Accra 80i
G410 6-UW - Accra 80i
Glide 3.0 54WS, 58WS Accra 80i
PING Bruzer
PING Vault 2.0 Craz-E **Backup**
(MY HYBRIDS, IRONS & WEDGES HAVE BEEN STOLEN BY MY SON)
  • Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I found this place out of necessity. I was trying to tell how much the Cleveland Comp head was the GOAT and the owners of BSG squashed the thread because they didn't sell it. That was where I lost it.

I was upset that we were let down. I cant remember complaining in public but their actions were self serving.    We have tried to manage this community through the lens of the member. 

Almost 25,000 posts ago in 2005, I did a web-search and here I am.  I took a break and now I'm back.  Now I spend most of my days trying to catch @Sean2's post count!  This place used to be tumbleweed

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, tbowles411 said:

Being one of the OG's here, I have to hold my tongue sometimes and just realize that I'm old and may not know as much.  But the place picked up nicely after a lull.

agreed.

• Like 1

Driver: Taylormade SIM 9 Project X Green 60TX

Fairway Finder: Taylormade Original One 13.5 Ventus Red 9X
Taylormade Gapr low 2 ventus blue 9x
4-PW Cobra king forged CB KBS $ Taper 130 X flex
Wedges 50, 54, 60 Cleveland ZIPCORE
PUTTER; Kronos release long neck
BALL; Bridgestone BX, OR Taylomade TP5x PIX

Just now, QuigleyDU said:

agreed.

But between us, working in the industry for a while has given me a LOT of insight.  Plus I have lots of stories now!

• Thanks 1
G410 6-UW - Accra 80i
PING Bruzer

golf journey began solo, zero golf playing family or friends to hold my hand during this complicated learn so I learned from golf Magazines. I was really lost, but wanted to get better fast and all the golf magazines mentioned to get fit. I got fit at a GD top 100 and was blown away by the sensitivity of the set up, I saw the light. Fit into S300’s/716 TMBs, heads weren’t that impressive but difference the shafts(stiffness, Weight, kick point) effect the swing was crazy interesting. I google everything you can think of on S300s and 90% of my searches landed on wrx forums.

Since then, Golfwrx pretty much taught me what I needed to know before starting my next step in this journey. Why i should take lessons, who to take lessons from, how to practice, buying equipment, testing equipment, Selling equipment, walking vs riding, sale updates thats force you to buy stuff you don’t need, different courses, which course were open at the start of covid lockdown, which courses were the first to open, etc... it goes on and on my friends. Been golfing a little over 5 years and wrx definitely has been a cool manual for the lone wolf entering the field. 

Edited by TIM929
  • Like 2
7 minutes ago, easyyy said:

I found this place out of necessity. I was trying to tell how much the Cleveland Comp head was the GOAT and the owners of BSG squashed the thread because they didn't sell it. That was where I lost it. Why invest time and emotion in a place that was looking to slant the discussion. #fakenews

Had to come here to help build a neutral place that is unbiased for golfers. 

I was a big fan of GolfOpinions.com before that. JMHGO

Richard :pimp:

I didn’t know you also were out of patience w BSG

• Like 2

Ping G400 Max 10.5* Fubuki K 60x : Ping G400 5w 16.5* Blueboard 63x
Ping G400 7w 19.5* Blueboard 73x : Callaway Apex '16 4h 23* Fubuki 82x

Callaway Apex CF16 5i AD DI 85x  :  6i - PW Recoil Prototype 95 f4
Vokey SM2 50*  Vokey SM2 TVD 54*m & 59*m DG s400 Onyx

Callaway ‘19 PM Grind 64* DG s400 Onyx ~~ Piretti Matera Elite

17 minutes ago, cardoustie said:

I didn’t know you also were out of patience w BSG

I signed up for BSG and posted like 4 times. It just didn’t seem to be my jam. Not really sure why but felt unwelcome. 

Edited by QuigleyDU

Driver: Taylormade SIM 9 Project X Green 60TX

Fairway Finder: Taylormade Original One 13.5 Ventus Red 9X
Taylormade Gapr low 2 ventus blue 9x
4-PW Cobra king forged CB KBS $ Taper 130 X flex
Wedges 50, 54, 60 Cleveland ZIPCORE
PUTTER; Kronos release long neck
BALL; Bridgestone BX, OR Taylomade TP5x PIX

I got back into golf about a year ago and was looking for club component and clubfitting info on Google and the forums kept on popping up. Since I've been here I've been posting a lot in the instruction forum as like most of my peers I am trying figure out how to make my swing more repeatable.

Macgregor M-38 9.5 - Mondeo 5w - Heater BMT-3 4i - Acer XV Tour 5i-9i, G, S - Maltby LW - Bionik 105

39 minutes ago, QuigleyDU said:

I signed up for BSG and posted like 4 times. It just didn’t seem to be my jam. Not really sure why but felt unwelcome. 

I tried, but just couldn't get into BSG.

• Like 2
G410 6-UW - Accra 80i
PING Bruzer

I came from a terrible abomination called rec.sport.golf, a Usenet group. Joined it around the time I started playing golf. It turned into a total cesspit, so it was time to move on. 
I joined here after finding it by doing a web search. Most expensive move I ever made?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

[color=#0000ff]Callaway XR16 driver[/color], 9 degrees, Diamana S+ shaft
[color=#0000ff] Callaway Epic 3 Wood [/color], Fubuki Z65 shaft
[color=#0000ff] Mizuno ST180 5 wood, [/color] Tensei CK Blue shaft
[color=#0000ff]Cobra F8 22* hybrid
[color=#0000ff]Srixon Z765 [/color]5-PW irons [/color], KBS Tour V shafts

[color=#0000ff]Srixon A wedge 51° bent to 50°
[color=#0000ff]Hogan Equalizer 54* wedge
[color=#0000ff]Mizuno S18 58* wedge
[color=#0000ff]Nike Method Core Drone 2.0 putter
1 hour ago, tbowles411 said:

I tried, but just couldn't get into BSG.

Add me to the list.  I may have even had fewer posts than Quigley and quickly realized, it wasn’t for me. 

• Like 3

:smilie_titty: TS1 9.0  Fubuki 45G Shaft
:smilie_ping: G410 5 & & FW Alta CB 65g
:smilie_ping: G410 4 hybrid Alta CB
:smilie_titty:T100S/T200 Jet Black Combo AMT Black R300 
Vokey SM 7 54/58

Vokey SM8 46*
TM Custom My Spider 35" 

ProV1X No. 12

yup @easyyy saved us ...as we were elsewhere  ... waiting for big things coming ?

we were all unknowingly funding a lifestyle for this joker ---think joe exotic meets fast n furious ... hmmmm thats not bad ... ill just leave that as is 

Edited by shawnee
grammar
  • Like 1

Ping G410 Fuji Atmos TS 60x
TM M6 3w AD IZ 7x
Titleist 816 Hybrid Fuji Speeder TS
Titleist u500 Utility3i PX HZRDUS
Srixon z745 4-P Tour DG 120
Vokey Wedgeworks 50m / 56v / KBS Hi Rev 2.0
Cameron Newport Continental Golf Custom

On 9/9/2020 at 1:01 PM, Twism86 said:

I googled "golf forum" and this was the top result. 

Also, can someone tell what the "WRX" is about? Im still trying to figure out what this forum and a Subaru rally car have in common? That is what everyone thinks of when they see WRX, right? 

Not me, wrx also means works in some online lingo from the 90s. So I consider this to be Golfworks when I see it, lol.

On 9/9/2020 at 11:29 AM, BdaGolfer said:

Another to come from the GC / BSG worlds. GC was kinda bland, and I was never going to buy a lime green Ozik, so here I am. Member #521, though my post count is shamefully low.

It is way down the list but I am hopeful we can get the "join Date" and or the (Member #) back. ?

• Like 2
1 minute ago, easyyy said:

It is way down the list but I am hopeful we can get the "join Date" and or the (Member #) back. ?

Yay!  I've lost my credibility with those tidbits gone!  LOL

• Like 1
G410 6-UW - Accra 80i
PING Bruzer

I was a member at another golf forum which shall remain nameless. My experience over there was nothing short of awful, mostly because of the admin. Decided it was time to find a better place, and GolfWRX came up in search.

Been here since 2008. 

• Like 1

Titleist ProV1x
Titleist 915 D2
Titleist 716 T-MB 2-iron
Callaway Apex irons 3-PW
Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5
Callaway Jaws and Mack Daddy Wedges (60, 55, 50)

On 9/9/2020 at 1:01 PM, Twism86 said:

I googled "golf forum" and this was the top result. 

Also, can someone tell what the "WRX" is about? Im still trying to figure out what this forum and a Subaru rally car have in common? That is what everyone thinks of when they see WRX, right? 

WRX is the tech side of a company. Golf WRX would suggest the same. Looking at the layer above the retail shot and ship. Ping golf has the WRX department. All custom and tour handmade. 

Example is Subaru, a subsidiary of Fuji Heavy Industries.

I also found the WRX reflects Impreza's secret Superman duality, many of the same bones under the skin, but sporting powers not found in the mortal Impreza. :pimp:

I looked that up on google so it must be accurate. I like it though.

• Like 1
On 9/8/2020 at 9:09 PM, easyyy said:

I was upset that we were let down. I cant remember complaining in public but their actions were self serving. 

We have tried to manage this community through the lens of the member. 

You just wanted that Lime Green Matrix shaft ?

• Like 1

Ping G410LST 9* / Agera 75X                  

Cally Mav SZ 13.5* / Fuji Ventus Black 7X               

Cally Mav Pro 20*  / Fuji Ventus Black 10TX

Honma 737V / Mitsubishi MMT 125TX

Cally MD5 wedges / Mitsu MMT 125TX

23 minutes ago, shawnee said:

yup @easyyy saved us ...as we were elsewhere  ... waiting for big things coming ?

we were all funding a lifestyle for this joker ---think joe exotic meets fast n furious ... hmmmm thats not bad ... ill just leave that as is 

Very close. #Karma

When you do what is right people can get behind that. We have always tried to make all decisions through the lens of a member. New comers and veterans here. What would the members want? Then make the decision. I was and am a member first and an administrator second. No BS with that. Cant go wrong if you consider the average member your customer here. Don't feel equipment or you will want to fake news the forum to prop it up. Try to tale to and not down to the member and take the high road unless you need to cut bait and then there is a time out for the offender. Have to do what is right.

We are here for the love of this great game and our fellowship is a great addition.

• Like 1