Jump to content

How did you find GolfWRX


Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, Roody said:

I was a member at another golf forum which shall remain nameless. My experience over there was nothing short of awful, mostly because of the admin. Decided it was time to find a better place, and GolfWRX came up in search.

 

Been here since 2008. 

 

And thank you for hang out and sticking with us while we trip on our face last year brother. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I found this place out of necessity. I was trying to tell how much the Cleveland Comp head was the GOAT and the owners of BSG squashed the thread because they didn't sell it. That was where I lost it.

I was upset that we were let down. I cant remember complaining in public but their actions were self serving.    We have tried to manage this community through the lens of the member. 

Almost 25,000 posts ago in 2005, I did a web-search and here I am.  I took a break and now I'm back.  Now I spend most of my days trying to catch @Sean2's post count!  This place used to be tumbleweed

Posted Images

Just now, easyyy said:

 

And thank you for hang out and sticking with us while we trip on our face last year brother. 

 

It should be I who is thanking you for keeping up such a great place for me to come geek out about golf at. 

  • Like 2

Titleist ProV1x
Titleist 915 D2
Titleist 716 T-MB 2-iron
Callaway Apex irons 3-PW
Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5
Callaway Jaws and Mack Daddy Wedges (60, 55, 50)

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Roody said:

 

It should be I who is thanking you for keeping up such a great place for me to come geek out about golf at. 

 

 

It is what I love. The game and this place that "WE" not I have created. Gx, the mods, the charter members, now the larger in house staff, myself and you the members are what make this place real. If there were no members is would go down the tubes. That is why they (you) come first, second and third. Has to be that way because it s the only way it can continue to be a great place.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually just found it recently. I guess I've been living in a cave. Have been an avid golfer for a very long time, but never really got into talking about it on any forums.

 

Also as a left handed player, the lefty swap shop forum is like the best thing I've ever seen.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, obsessed_golfer said:

I was a BSG member before coming here too. Pitbull invited me to join when this site was pretty new.

 

Reid @pitbull808 is holy around here. He helped build this place. I am not kidding when I tell you that he would send a PM to EVERY new member that joined the day before. He would wake up and find out who joined and write a personal message to each of them individually to welcome them. #respect

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, easyyy said:

 

Reid @pitbull808 is holy around here. He helped build this place. I am not kidding when I tell you that he would send a PM to EVERY new member that joined the day before. He would wake up and find out who joined and write a personal message to each of them individually to welcome them. #respect

 

 

 

LOL the BSG days.  @easyyy that Cleveland driver took us to bigger and better things and fostered an even greater love and friendship between man of us!  Who would have thought in those early days when there was like twenty of us and the forum was a chit chat between us and the newest club we hoed how big the place would grow??!!  Got to love it and got to love GolfWRX!!! 

  • Like 2

My WITB.... [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/263-pitbull808-witb-updated-february-19-2013/"]http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/263-pitbull808-witb-updated-february-19-2013/[/url]

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/8/2020 at 3:09 PM, easyyy said:

 

I was upset that we were let down. I cant remember complaining in public but their actions were self serving. 

 

We have tried to manage this community through the lens of the member. 

 

I think when we first started we all were pretty much familiar with each others likes and favorites and heavy participators over at BSG. I remember PM'ing you, @HipCheck @Gxgolfer @Zach Heusser aka KascoPro and @Geo aka Beruo for years prior to Golfwrx starting.  When Golfwrx started it was our goal not be be like the place we left. We were all hungry for clubs and club information, basically all club hoes not tied to one brand or feature.  We wanted to know about everything in golf because the bottom line was we wanted that club that was magical...for real and not just some talk because someone told you the Y on the hosel made it special! ?

  • Like 2

My WITB.... [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/263-pitbull808-witb-updated-february-19-2013/"]http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/263-pitbull808-witb-updated-february-19-2013/[/url]

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, J13 said:

 

 

You just wanted that Lime Green Matrix shaft ?

Hey, I want a lime green Matrix shaft!  In fact I was just looking for one on eBay last night. Tells you the caliber of player I am.......I choose my equipment by color, not by seeing if it actually works or not. 

  • Like 2

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pitbull808 said:

 

LOL the BSG days.  @easyyy that Cleveland driver took us to bigger and better things and fostered an even greater love and friendship between man of us!  Who would have thought in those early days when there was like twenty of us and the forum was a chit chat between us and the newest club we hoed how big the place would grow??!!  Got to love it and got to love GolfWRX!!! 

 

1 hour ago, pitbull808 said:

 

I think when we first started we all were pretty much familiar with each others likes and favorites and heavy participators over at BSG. I remember PM'ing you, @HipCheck @Gxgolfer @Zach Heusser aka KascoPro and @Geo aka Beruo for years prior to Golfwrx starting.  When Golfwrx started it was our goal not be be like the place we left. We were all hungry for clubs and club information, basically all club hoes not tied to one brand or feature.  We wanted to know about everything in golf because the bottom line was we wanted that club that was magical...for real and not just some talk because someone told you the Y on the hosel made it special! ?

 

Good to see you here Reid. We are doing a big update here Saturday night. Then we will test the performance before toggling on the bells and whistles. 

 

I feel today the same I did I when we started. Excited for what is ahead and ready to knock the socks off the membership. Hey can you start PM'ing the new peeps again? ?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I was pretty active over at The Cameron Collector and thru a discussion was directed over here to look for some Zodia wedges and Matrix TP7HD shafts. While in here I stumbled upon some guys I knew but hadn't seen or heard from in years. After about a week or two I found myself logging in here more than anywhere else so I joined and have hung out here ever since.

  • Like 1

JBeam Bullet 10* Ventus Black 6X
Exotics CBX 119 13.5* 3WD & 18* 5WD Accra TourZ 382 M5
Exotics CB2  21* 7WD Accra TZ5 85 M5  
PING S55 5-9 Mitsubishi MMT-125TX
Miura Tour Milled Wedge 48, 52, 56, 60 Fuji MCI 125 Solid

Bettinardi Innovai Tour DASS Flowneck Prototype

Link to post
Share on other sites

I was on The Sand Trap for a while and another one that I believe was called Golf Review. I got tired of those and googled to find WRX. Never went back to the others after finding this place. GR was a bit of a wild and crazy golf forum. Just about anything was permissible. Anyone else on there? I think it went the way of the Dodo bird. 

Ping G400 Max 10.5
Ping G400 5 wood
Ping i-e1 4-U Nippon 105 Stiff
Cleveland 588 RTX CB 52, 56&60
Cameron Squareback 1 Studio Select

Link to post
Share on other sites

When I joined in 2006 I was active on the Wishon tech forum, learning everything I could. If I remember correctly, i found this place through Putter Talk and the PING Putter Collectors guide done by "Lumpy". I was mostly a "lurker', learning what I could. I'm happy GolfWRX has been here through my journey. This game IS magical and this site really keeps that spirit alive. At least that's how I feel about it. 

 

p.s. I couldn't tell you who sent me a "welcome" message all those years ago, but I do remember thinking "this place is special" if it matters that I joined.

  • Like 1

It matters not what others call you, but what you answer to.

beer-goggles-on-glass-of-beer.jpg.c3e909aed71161ad053a32287bd7c3ed.jpg
Wishon 919THI  9* S2S Black 65 S
Wishon 929HS  14* S2S White S

Wishon 525F/D  13* S2S Black 65 S
Wishon 775HS   21* S2S Black Hybrids S
PXG 0211  5-GW  Elevate 95 S
PING Glide 3.0  54*SS

PXG 0311 Forged 60*
PING Anser3 Swan neck MgBr putter

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nitram said:

I was pretty active over at The Cameron Collector and thru a discussion was directed over here to look for some Zodia wedges and Matrix TP7HD shafts. While in here I stumbled upon some guys I knew but hadn't seen or heard from in years. After about a week or two I found myself logging in here more than anywhere else so I joined and have hung out here ever since.

 

Ohh those black raw Zodia wedges. I would die to have them back. nice to see you! Wait till next week. Changes for the good this time!!!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Twin2L said:

When I joined in 2006 I was active on the Wishon tech forum, learning everything I could. If I remember correctly, i found this place through Putter Talk and the PING Putter Collectors guide done by "Lumpy". I was mostly a "lurker', learning what I could. I'm happy GolfWRX has been here through my journey. This game IS magical and this site really keeps that spirit alive. At least that's how I feel about it. 

 

p.s. I couldn't tell you who sent me a "welcome" message all those years ago, but I do remember thinking "this place is special" if it matters that I joined.

 

That is a good story. It was @pitbull808 that sent that message. Did to everyone for the first few years. Unforgettable. Pitbull808 is in Hawaii and they cant play right now. Said he is buying shoes and gear instead... ouch. I text him today.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I got here from BSG too. I remember the tour issue driver heads cranked open and lime green Matrix shaft days. Those were some dark times. I don’t post a ton but I’ve been here everyday since. 

  • Like 1

TaylorMade M4 8.5, Aldila Rogue White 130 M.S.I. 60S
TaylorMade M3 15, HZRDUS Black 75S
Callaway XR Pro 20, Project X LZ S
Srixon Z765 4-PW, KBS TGI 95 hs x1
Ping Glide 3.0 50 & 56 SS, KBS TGI 95 hs x1
Ping Glide 3.0 60 TS, KBS TGI 95
Ping Ketsch Armlock, BGT Stability

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/8/2020 at 8:25 AM, Carolina Golfer 2 said:

I was on The Golf Channel Discussion board for a few yeas in the early 2000's, then it started breaking down and someone there mentioned WRX, I joined in 2006! 



Same!   I started on there and went to 4gea,  where I had some awesome arguments about the golf swing back in mid 2000's.  That site has slowly devolved.

I always thought of GolfWRX as a similar deal to Bombsquad,  which was a terrible place.    But over time I realized WRX is probably the best golf forum around. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

pretty sure it was a google search for me too...was a while ago. Tried some other sites afterwards but will always stay here. 

  • Like 1

All Ping...tastefully done!
Ping G400 LST

Ping G410 LST 3w

Ping G410 3 Hybrid
Ping G410 4 Crossover
Ping i210 5-PW
Ping Glide 2.0 50* SS, 56* ES & Stealth 60* ES
Ping Sigma G Tyne H
Ping Craz-e-Lite Stand Bag
Chrome Soft Truvis Stars & Stripes

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am loving the stories here. Some good times. I don’t remember ever getting a message from @pitbull808 but maybe..


getting to meet @knudson81 and go to Fujikura last year was a big highlight. Loved that trip, hooked me to golf and this forum that much more.

 

started listening to podcasts after that.. it’s gotten deep.

 

I am loving the return of the old site as well. So much smoother and better.

Edited by QuigleyDU
  • Like 2

Driver: Taylormade SIM 9 Project X Green 60TX

Fairway Finder: Taylormade Original One 13.5 Ventus Red 9X
Taylormade Gapr low 2 ventus blue 9x
4-PW Cobra king forged CB KBS $ Taper 130 X flex
Wedges 50, 54, 60 Cleveland ZIPCORE
PUTTER; Kronos release long neck
BALL; Bridgestone BX, OR Taylomade TP5x PIX

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, QuigleyDU said:

I am loving the stories here. Some good times. I don’t remember ever getting a message from @pitbull808 but maybe..


getting to meet @knudson81 and go to Fujikura last year was a big highlight. Loved that trip, hooked me to golf and this forum that much more.

 

started listening to podcasts after that.. it’s gotten deep.

 

I am loving the return of the old site as well. So much smoother and better.

Yep, @knudson81 podcast has become a must listen for me.  Ryans and Jonny’s are very good as well.  

  • Like 2

:smilie_titty: TS1 9.0  Fubuki 45G Shaft
:smilie_ping: G410 5 & & FW Alta CB 65g
:smilie_ping: G410 4 hybrid Alta CB
:smilie_titty:T100S/T200 Jet Black Combo AMT Black R300 
Vokey SM 7 54/58

Vokey SM8 46*
TM Custom My Spider 35" 

 

ProV1X No. 12
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Carolina Golfer 2 said:

Yep, @knudson81 podcast has become a must listen for me.  Ryans and Jonny’s are very good as well.  


All are good. Different personalities different focus. Knudson is speaking directly to us. 

Edited by QuigleyDU
  • Like 1

Driver: Taylormade SIM 9 Project X Green 60TX

Fairway Finder: Taylormade Original One 13.5 Ventus Red 9X
Taylormade Gapr low 2 ventus blue 9x
4-PW Cobra king forged CB KBS $ Taper 130 X flex
Wedges 50, 54, 60 Cleveland ZIPCORE
PUTTER; Kronos release long neck
BALL; Bridgestone BX, OR Taylomade TP5x PIX

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, QuigleyDU said:

I am loving the stories here. Some good times. I don’t remember ever getting a message from @pitbull808 but maybe..


getting to meet @knudson81 and go to Fujikura last year was a big highlight. Loved that trip, hooked me to golf and this forum that much more.

 

started listening to podcasts after that.. it’s gotten deep.

 

I am loving the return of the old site as well. So much smoother and better.

 

Quick story how we landed @knudson81... We picked him for the 2017 Best Driver event here in Detroit. He was local and we tried to split the 20 or so testers local and remote to save $$$ for travel costs. He showed up and his personality was infectious. I couldn't leave him alone. He was smart, funny as hell and had the gift for gab. He had a huge beard and looked like a wood maker . I claimed he had to blow out the wood chips from his beard and suit up to go to the event. We joked all weekend about cabinets and lathes etc. 

 

I would text him every 3 months asking him to join the team and he said nope. One day we was weak and maybe a little sick of his job and I pounced. Asked him to come and play golf in my weekly beer league skins game. During a few early intros my best buddy Jack Demarco ran up to him and picked him up with a very aggressive bear hug. I thought it was over. But Brian loved it.

 

He joined the team and we could never be the same without him. Heart of gold. Married with child now. Same beard and I think he loves his job. When you work is about your passion (in his case the game) it helps take the sting out of work. He does a bunch of stuff I am sure he would rather not but you can tell he likes doing it because he does it so well. #loveKnudson #WoodmakingGolfers

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, easyyy said:

 

Quick story how we landed @knudson81... We picked him for the 2017 Best Driver event here in Detroit. He was local and we tried to split the 20 or so testers local and remote to save $$$ for travel costs. He showed up and his personality was infectious. I couldn't leave him alone. He was smart, funny as hell and had the gift for gab. He had a huge beard and looked like a wood maker . I claimed he had to blow out the wood chips from his beard and suit up to go to the event. We joked all weekend about cabinets and lathes etc. 

 

I would text him every 3 months asking him to join the team and he said nope. One day we was weak and maybe a little sick of his job and I pounced. Asked him to come and play golf in my weekly beer league skins game. During a few early intros my best buddy Jack Demarco ran up to him and picked him up with a very aggressive bear hug. I thought it was over. But Brian loved it.

 

He joined the team and we could never be the same without him. Heart of gold. Married with child now. Same beard and I think he loves his job. When you work is about your passion (in his case the game) it helps take the sting out of work. He does a bunch of stuff I am sure he would rather not but you can tell he likes doing it because he does it so well. #loveKnudson #WoodmakingGolfers


yeah I follow him on the gram and text him here and there as well. Super good dude and wish he was not a million miles away so I could hang out more often.

  • Like 1

Driver: Taylormade SIM 9 Project X Green 60TX

Fairway Finder: Taylormade Original One 13.5 Ventus Red 9X
Taylormade Gapr low 2 ventus blue 9x
4-PW Cobra king forged CB KBS $ Taper 130 X flex
Wedges 50, 54, 60 Cleveland ZIPCORE
PUTTER; Kronos release long neck
BALL; Bridgestone BX, OR Taylomade TP5x PIX

Link to post
Share on other sites

I was active on the GEA for a few years back in the early 2000s and started looking for other communities as that place started its decline. Found GolfWRX pretty early on in its existence.

  • Like 2

TaylorMade SIM 8.0, Diamana Kai'li 60S, 44.75"
TaylorMade M5 Rocket 3, Tensei Blue X, 42.5"
TaylorMade SIM Max Rescue 19, Fujikura Atmos Blue Tour Spec 8X Hybrid
TaylorMade P770 (2020) 3-4, KBS $-Taper S
TaylorMade P7MC 5-6, KBS $-Taper S

TaylorMade P7MB 7-PW, KBS $-Taper S
TaylorMade MG2 52, Hi-Toe 58 - DG S400 Tour Issue
TaylorMade Milled Juno proto, 40.5" armlock
TaylorMade TP5x (2017)
jll62's WITB

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, easyyy said:

 

Quick story how we landed @knudson81... We picked him for the 2017 Best Driver event here in Detroit. He was local and we tried to split the 20 or so testers local and remote to save $$$ for travel costs. He showed up and his personality was infectious. I couldn't leave him alone. He was smart, funny as hell and had the gift for gab. He had a huge beard and looked like a wood maker . I claimed he had to blow out the wood chips from his beard and suit up to go to the event. We joked all weekend about cabinets and lathes etc. 

 

I would text him every 3 months asking him to join the team and he said nope. One day we was weak and maybe a little sick of his job and I pounced. Asked him to come and play golf in my weekly beer league skins game. During a few early intros my best buddy Jack Demarco ran up to him and picked him up with a very aggressive bear hug. I thought it was over. But Brian loved it.

 

He joined the team and we could never be the same without him. Heart of gold. Married with child now. Same beard and I think he loves his job. When you work is about your passion (in his case the game) it helps take the sting out of work. He does a bunch of stuff I am sure he would rather not but you can tell he likes doing it because he does it so well. #loveKnudson #WoodmakingGolfers

 

I appreciate the much-to-kind words; Tears, beards, and sawdust don't mix well! Just to clarify, it was Gear Trials 2016 and Jack jumped into my arms on the driving range! There is no one on the earth who has more passion for the game of golf, equipment, and this community than @easyyy. I love seeing him walk towards me desk because I know we will be diving down a deep rabbit hole of gear for a few minutes! It will be 4 years here are the end of October and I love coming to work everyday! 

 

 

20 hours ago, QuigleyDU said:

I am loving the stories here. Some good times. I don’t remember ever getting a message from @pitbull808 but maybe..


getting to meet @knudson81 and go to Fujikura last year was a big highlight. Loved that trip, hooked me to golf and this forum that much more.

 

started listening to podcasts after that.. it’s gotten deep.

 

I am loving the return of the old site as well. So much smoother and better.

 

 

That Fujikura trip was a blast! Your group was great and it was one to remember for sure! Love getting a DM or text to chat about gear, and life, always brings a smile to my face. Thank you for listening to the show, I really do appreciate it!

 

19 hours ago, Carolina Golfer 2 said:

Yep, @knudson81 podcast has become a must listen for me.  Ryans and Jonny’s are very good as well.  

 

Thank you so much! Really appreciate you spending your time listening to it! So awesome!

Edited by knudson81
  • Like 3

Make sure to follow the TG2 podcast!
 

Instagram

Twitter

iTunes

SoundCloud

Spotify
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, knudson81 said:

 

I appreciate the much-to-kind words; Tears, beards, and sawdust don't mix well! Just to clarify, it was Gear Trials 2016 and Jack jumped into my arms on the driving range! There is no one on the earth who has more passion for the game of golf, equipment, and this community than @easyyy. I love seeing him walk towards me desk because I know we will be diving down a deep rabbit hole of gear for a few minutes! It will be 4 years here are the end of October and I love coming to work everyday! 

 

 

 

 

That Fujikura trip was a blast! Your group was great and it was one to remember for sure! Love getting a DM or text to chat about gear, and life, always brings a smile to my face. Thank you for listening to the show, I really do appreciate it!

 

 

Thank you so much! Really appreciate you spending your time listening to it! So awesome!

You're welcome, but it's honestly one of maybe 2 or 3 that I listen to in it's entirety, you have such a natural realateability--if that's even a word, to the audience,  both in regards to your personal rounds and the equipment. 

  • Like 1

:smilie_titty: TS1 9.0  Fubuki 45G Shaft
:smilie_ping: G410 5 & & FW Alta CB 65g
:smilie_ping: G410 4 hybrid Alta CB
:smilie_titty:T100S/T200 Jet Black Combo AMT Black R300 
Vokey SM 7 54/58

Vokey SM8 46*
TM Custom My Spider 35" 

 

ProV1X No. 12
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Sean2 said:

I have checked out other forums, but there isn't one that is as comprehensive as this one. 

 

 

I cut my teeth at the Jo-Ann Fabrics Web Forum (patternreview.com) and I stumbled across WRX when looking up junior golf information for my youngest son. 

After looking around, I decided to register and post.   The rest is history. 

 

 

 

I like to think (and hope) I add to the comprehensiveness of this site. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Ferguson said:

 

 

I cut my teeth at the Jo-Ann Fabrics Web Forum (patternreview.com) and I stumbled across WRX when looking up junior golf information for my youngest son. 

After looking around, I decided to register and post.   The rest is history. 

 

 

 

I like to think (and hope) I add to the comprehensiveness of this site. 

 

You're one of my favs. Love the dry humor. 

  • Like 1

Driver: Taylormade SIM 9 Project X Green 60TX

Fairway Finder: Taylormade Original One 13.5 Ventus Red 9X
Taylormade Gapr low 2 ventus blue 9x
4-PW Cobra king forged CB KBS $ Taper 130 X flex
Wedges 50, 54, 60 Cleveland ZIPCORE
PUTTER; Kronos release long neck
BALL; Bridgestone BX, OR Taylomade TP5x PIX

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...