How did you find GolfWRX

9 minutes ago, Ferguson said:

I cut my teeth at the Jo-Ann Fabrics Web Forum (patternreview.com) and I stumbled across WRX when looking up junior golf information for my youngest son. 

After looking around, I decided to register and post.   The rest is history. 

I like to think (and hope) I add to the comprehensiveness of this site. 

I stumbled on to GolfWRX as well while doing a search for golf forums. It was an easy decision to join this one as it offers so much more than any other site I checked out. 

• Like 2
  • Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I found this place out of necessity. I was trying to tell how much the Cleveland Comp head was the GOAT and the owners of BSG squashed the thread because they didn't sell it. That was where I lost it.

I was upset that we were let down. I cant remember complaining in public but their actions were self serving.    We have tried to manage this community through the lens of the member. 

Almost 25,000 posts ago in 2005, I did a web-search and here I am.  I took a break and now I'm back.  Now I spend most of my days trying to catch @Sean2's post count!  This place used to be tumbleweed

Posted Images

Circa 2011, I was googling for information on Project X golf shafts and their flex compared to other shafts.

I came upon the GolfWRX site and the old chart which compared Dynamic Gold, Project X and KBS Tour shafts for flex using the FCM system. The FCM system - Frequency Coefficient Matching - was invented around 2006 by Royal Precision, the company that developed the original Project X and Rifle shaft families.

The shaft chart is now largely obsolete; current shaft measurements involve tests for stiffness in four points from tip to butt.

Discussions also highlighted how golfdom had no standard for Regular or Stiff flex. What you got varied by manufacturer, and sometimes shaft model.

The following spring, I went to Norwalk, OH and took the Maltby/Golfworks Academy basic Clubfitting, Assembly and Repair course.

In June 2013 I finally became a GolfWRX member.

• Like 3

What's In The Bag (Summary)

Driver:  Calla XR16 Pro set 11.5°  ||  Fairways:  Tour Edge XRail 4W + 7W or Calla Alpha 815s set 16° and 21°

Hybrid:  Cobra FlyZ 4H  ||  Irons:  Tour Edge CB Pro Tungsten 4i-9i

Wedges:  Calla MD3 / 48° and 54°... MD4 / 58° ||  Putter: Ping Sigma G Tyne (face-balanced)

Ball: Calla SuperHot (Orange preferred)

For details see: WITB_Long.docx

3 hours ago, ChipNRun said:

Circa 2011, I was googling for information on Project X golf shafts and their flex compared to other shafts.

I came upon the GolfWRX site and the old chart which compared Dynamic Gold, Project X and KBS Tour shafts for flex using the FCM system. The FCM system - Frequency Coefficient Matching - was invented around 2006 by Royal Precision, the company that developed the original Project X and Rifle shaft families.

The shaft chart is now largely obsolete; current shaft measurements involve tests for stiffness in four points from tip to butt.

Discussions also highlighted how golfdom had no standard for Regular or Stiff flex. What you got varied by manufacturer, and sometimes shaft model.

The following spring, I went to Norwalk, OH and took the Maltby/Golfworks Academy basic Clubfitting, Assembly and Repair course.

In June 2013 I finally became a GolfWRX member.

I read the tech section all the time. As of yet I am too scared to really dive into the club building hobby... I change grips and that is about it.. 

Edited by QuigleyDU

Driver: Taylormade SIM 9 Project X Green 60TX

Fairway Finder: Taylormade Original One 13.5 UST Proforce V2 8F5
Taylormade Gapr low 2 
4-PW Cobra king forged CB KBS $ Taper 130 X flex
Wedges 50, 54, 60 Cleveland ZIPCORE
PUTTER; Kronos release long neck
BALL; Bridgestone BX, OR Taylomade TP5x PIX

2 hours ago, QuigleyDU said:

I read the tech section all the time. As of yet I am too scared to really dive into the club building hobby... I change grips and that is about it.. 

Q, We have discussed some detailed issues in the past. I think you'll be OK on club building, as long as you follow the instructions.

• Like 1

What's In The Bag (Summary)

Driver:  Calla XR16 Pro set 11.5°  ||  Fairways:  Tour Edge XRail 4W + 7W or Calla Alpha 815s set 16° and 21°

Hybrid:  Cobra FlyZ 4H  ||  Irons:  Tour Edge CB Pro Tungsten 4i-9i

Wedges:  Calla MD3 / 48° and 54°... MD4 / 58° ||  Putter: Ping Sigma G Tyne (face-balanced)

Ball: Calla SuperHot (Orange preferred)

For details see: WITB_Long.docx

4 minutes ago, ChipNRun said:

Q, We have discussed some detailed issues in the past. I think you'll be OK on club building, as long as you follow the instructions.

I understand what needs to be done and understand a decent amount of building ideas.. I am just scared to do it myself, I would need someone to bounce thoughts off of as I went. 

Taylormade Gapr low 2 

22 hours ago, jll62 said:

I was active on the GEA for a few years back in the early 2000s and started looking for other communities as that place started its decline. Found GolfWRX pretty early on in its existence.

I also remember GEA. Then there was Gary Mayes at Equip2golf. Gary was our inspiration to cover the PGA Merchandise Show as well have every year since 2005. Then GolfOpinions.com. GolfWRX bought that site years later after it went down. We still have it and look for a solution with it. 

• Like 1

richard@golfwrx.com

As others have said, I googled Golf Forums and found WRX.  I am mostly a lurker, but join conversations here and there....

• Like 1

Driver: Callaway Epic 10.5* set to 11.5* Fujikura Pro TS Stiff 44.5"
FW: Callaway Steelhead XR 4+ 16* Aldila Rogue Silver 70 Stiff
FW: Callaway Steelhead XR Heavenwood 20.5* Aldila Tour Blue 70 Stiff or Hy: Callaway Apex 20* w/ Kuro Kage 80 Stiff
Irons: Ping i20 4-UW ZZ65 Stiff (+1")
Wedges: Cleveland RTX-4 (53* & 57*) Stiff (+1")
Putter: Odyssey Red Ball (34")
Stand Bag: Sun Mountain 2.5+
Ball: Callaway Chrome Soft Yellow

1 hour ago, gnew23 said:

As others have said, I googled Golf Forums and found WRX.  I am mostly a lurker, but join conversations here and there....

Lurker??? Yes and for 11 years as well. 👍

richard@golfwrx.com

I had written some diary entries for fun of a golf trip to Portugal in 2006. We had a blast and I wrote a couple of thousand words meaning to send it out to the guys I went with. I happened to stumble across this site and noticed that they were looking for contributors to the blog so I sent in some articles. This snowballed into some reviews and for a while I was quite active on the site but a change of countries curtailed my golf playing so I just pop in every now and then 🙂

Edited by bloodredsun
  • Like 1

Years ago I was searching out golf forums, I found this and several others. Joined them all but only really ever stayed with WRX due to the content. 

Then I took a small hiatus, forgot my account password, realised I had lost email access so couldn't restore the reset the password and started a new account. 

Version 2.0 of myself seems far less opinionated, less commentary and more lurky. Hoping to change at least one of them going forward. 

1 minute ago, deadsolid...shank said:

WRX just wouldn’t be the sane without Ferguson!

You said that perfectly.. haha. 

Taylormade Gapr low 2 

18 hours ago, bloodredsun said:

I had written some diary entries for fun of a golf trip to Portugal in 2006. We had a blast and I wrote a couple of thousand words meaning to send it out to the guys I went with. I happened to stumble across this site and noticed that they were looking for contributors to the blog so I sent in some articles. This snowballed into some reviews and for a while I was quite active on the site but a change of countries curtailed my golf playing so I just pop in every now and then 🙂

OMG Martin!!!! Where have you been? Good to see you here. I remember all the reviews and how active you were in the early days. Meeting with Titleist and how about getting credentialed at the BMW. Championship in 08'? That was fun. Good to see you here and hope all is well.

Richard

richard@golfwrx.com

I was heavily involved with Golf Review for a number of years. Then it started to get hacked by Russian trolls and the owner of the site shut it down.

i eventually stumbled onto WRX and here I am!

Callaway Rogue 10.5* Synergy 60S
Callaway X20 3-SW
Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft 11
Supersoft

Pretty much every time I had some golf related question I would google it and this website was one of the first couple hits. It got to the point where I would just come straight here and search my golf questions. Now I am kind of addicted to checking this page as part of my routine everyday? LOL!

• Like 1
On 9/11/2020 at 5:16 PM, easyyy said:

That is a good story. It was @pitbull808 that sent that message. Did to everyone for the first few years. Unforgettable. Pitbull808 is in Hawaii and they cant play right now. Said he is buying shoes and gear instead... ouch. I text him today.

On 9/11/2020 at 2:59 PM, easyyy said:

Good to see you here Reid. We are doing a big update here Saturday night. Then we will test the performance before toggling on the bells and whistles. 

I feel today the same I did I when we started. Excited for what is ahead and ready to knock the socks off the membership. Hey can you start PM'ing the new peeps again? 😉

YUP..just got extended another two weeks. Been only open on Oahu for about a month and a half since March.  I've now got four new putters, three pairs of shoes and no golf to play!!!! 😬

Maybe to kill some time I better get to PM'ing new members again. I remember I'd get a few replies back in the day...and when I'd write back they were shocked I wasn't a BOT! HAHAHA!  #golfwrxforlife 🤜

My WITB.... [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/263-pitbull808-witb-updated-february-19-2013/"]http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/263-pitbull808-witb-updated-february-19-2013/[/url]

On 9/8/2020 at 9:06 PM, mukster said:

I came from a terrible abomination called rec.sport.golf, a Usenet group. Joined it around the time I started playing golf. It turned into a total cesspit, so it was time to move on. 
I joined here after finding it by doing a web search. Most expensive move I ever made😂

Another former Usenet person!  I used to be active on alt.sport.bowling, and tried rec.sport.golf in 1999 when I'd started playing golf.  I also found it less than ideal.  😉  Basically an e-peen waving contest.

Found GolfOnline's Equipment Forum.  It was on its way to oblivion itself.  Was only a lurker, since I knew next to nothing.  Found a reference to GEA in there, which had just started.  It showed signs of being a decent place, registered for an ID, and off I went.

At GEA, there was much discussion of BSG, not especially flattering.  Someone mentioned WRX having been set up as an alternative (in their opinion), eventually registered here.  Wasn't active here at first, eventually started dipping the toe.  And now here I is. 😁

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver:  Cobra Fly-Z+, Xcaliber 7.5 TS, 44", King LTD, HZRDUS 75 6.5, 44.25"
3w:  Cobra King LTD, Aldila Tour Blue 85 S, 42.5"; Stage 2 Tour, SO Fiber Tour Trac 100 X, 42.5"
Hybrid:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour, NV105 S or DGS400

Irons grab bag:  Mizuno MP-37, DGS300; Golden Ram TW276, NV105; Golden Ram TW282, Precision 6.5; Ram TG-898, Super Peening Blue X; 1980 Golden Rams, Dynamic S; MacGregor Muirfield, Dynamic S; Wilson Staff 78 Tour Blades, Dynamic S
GW:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, DGS400
SW:  Ram Watson Scoring System 55*, DGX 7i shaft; Ram TG-898, DGS400; Ram TG-898, NV105 S; Wilson Staff PMP 58*, DGS300; Ram 1982 Commemorative Nickel 58*, Dynamic S; Ram TW282, DGS; Ram TW276, DGS
LW:  Maltby Design 60* mid sole, DGS400; Maltby Design 60* mid sole, NV105 S
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34.25"; Yes! Nicky, 34"
Balls: Wilson Staff Duo Professional or 50 Elite, TP5

On 9/13/2020 at 8:50 PM, jll62 said:

I was active on the GEA for a few years back in the early 2000s and started looking for other communities as that place started its decline. Found GolfWRX pretty early on in its existence.

Hey Studly! 😁 :pimp:

Hope you and yours are doing well...

Edited by NRJyzr
  • Like 1

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver:  Cobra Fly-Z+, Xcaliber 7.5 TS, 44", King LTD, HZRDUS 75 6.5, 44.25"
3w:  Cobra King LTD, Aldila Tour Blue 85 S, 42.5"; Stage 2 Tour, SO Fiber Tour Trac 100 X, 42.5"
Hybrid:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour, NV105 S or DGS400

Irons grab bag:  Mizuno MP-37, DGS300; Golden Ram TW276, NV105; Golden Ram TW282, Precision 6.5; Ram TG-898, Super Peening Blue X; 1980 Golden Rams, Dynamic S; MacGregor Muirfield, Dynamic S; Wilson Staff 78 Tour Blades, Dynamic S
GW:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, DGS400
SW:  Ram Watson Scoring System 55*, DGX 7i shaft; Ram TG-898, DGS400; Ram TG-898, NV105 S; Wilson Staff PMP 58*, DGS300; Ram 1982 Commemorative Nickel 58*, Dynamic S; Ram TW282, DGS; Ram TW276, DGS
LW:  Maltby Design 60* mid sole, DGS400; Maltby Design 60* mid sole, NV105 S
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34.25"; Yes! Nicky, 34"
Balls: Wilson Staff Duo Professional or 50 Elite, TP5

No clue. Just glad I found it.

TaylorMade Kingdom M4 9.5* Red 5S stiff Atmos 44.5”
TaylorMade M4 3HL 16.5* fairway stiff Atmos
TaylorMade M4 3 hybrid stiff Atmos
TaylorMade M4 4 hybrid stiff Atmos
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s
Callaway Apex CF19  5-A w/KBS $-Taper 120
Cleveland RTX 54*
Cleveland RTX 58*
Seemore si5, si3 and Directed Force 2.0
Garmin g6/Precision Pro Nx7 Pro slope
http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/838786-cwings-witb-2013/
https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

I can't remember what but I was searching for something golf related. I must have found what I was looking for because the next time I needed to find something out I joined and posted. 

Titleist TS3 9.5*

Callaway Epic Flash 5W @ 17*

Callaway Rogue 4H 21*

Callaway Mavrik Max 6-7i

Callaway Mavrik Pro 8-AW

Callaway MD4 54w and 58x

Odyssey O-Works Red Jailbird Mini S