WINNERS: Claw Glove by CaddyDaddy! Check Inside!

clawgiveaway.jpg.ba94485b79cb241e19ae39a2a21346c8.jpg

Thank you to everyone who entered the Claw Glove giveaway! Since everyone couldn't win, CaddyDaddy wanted to give all GolfWRX members a 20% off discount code to try the Claw Glove for yourselves! Just enter the discount code "gw20" at checkout to receive the discount. You better hurry, the discount code is only good through the end of October!

The winners are...

@bpink21901

@jas904

@cjpsse

@clintwilli23

@sean2221

@SCOTT4099

@PhillyHack73

@johnny_golfball

@DrDon

@976-Evil

@hammergolf

@DennyJones

@ThinkingPlus

@endy

@Newgs

@dthomcat

@wcbjr

@Zman2009

@cbole22

@MMIX

We also want to give a big THANK YOU to CaddyDaddy for putting on this great giveaway!

• Like 3

Make sure to follow the TG2 podcast!

Instagram

Twitter

iTunes

SoundCloud

Spotify

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thank you to everyone who entered the Claw Glove giveaway! Since everyone couldn't win, CaddyDaddy wanted to give all GolfWRX members a 20% off discount code to try the Claw Glove for yourselves! Just

I received my glove today and it’s interesting design. Mesh on the top and fingers with a grip texture throughout the palm and fingers.      Rod sent me a medium sized glove

Thanks for reporting back!  Please let us know how many rounds you get out of it.  Most customers have been reporting 25-50 rounds and some even more than that.  If the mesh gets dirty you can throw t

Posted Images

Thanks to all involved!  Looking forward to putting this through the paces.

TaylorMade M4 8.5, Aldila Rogue White 130 M.S.I. 60S
TaylorMade M3 15, HZRDUS Black 75S
Callaway XR Pro 20, Project X LZ S
Srixon Z765 4-PW, KBS TGI 95 hs x1
Ping Glide 3.0 50 & 56 SS, KBS TGI 95 hs x1
Ping Glide 3.0 60 TS, KBS TGI 95
Ping Ketsch Armlock, BGT Stability

Very eager to hear the reviews on this. Please make sure to test them with water 

Driver: Ping G410 LST (Diamana ZF)
5w:  Titleist TS2 (Ventus Blue)
3H: Titleist 818 H2 (Ventus Blue HB)
or 3i: Cobra King Utility 21* (Tour AD DI)
4-P: PXG 0311T (KBS $-Taper)
Wedges: 51* Edel TRP, 55* Edel DVR, 60* Cally MD5
Putter: PXG Mini Gunboat H

Ready to give the glove a try in some heat and humidity....

TaylorMade Sim Max 9* @ 7* Aldila Quaranta Reg
Ping G410 3wd @ Flat setting Grafalloy Pro lite 3.5 Reg
Ping G410 7wd @ Flat setting Graffaloy Pro Lite 3.5 Reg
Ping G410 22 hybrid @ 21 flat Alta CB Reg
PXG 0211 5-PW Steelfiber i95 Reg
Cleveland Zipcore Raw 50* Mid, 54* Full @ 55, 58* Low @ 60 Hi Rev 2.0 Reg
Evnroll TR8 33"

Congratulations to all the winners!  

In addition to 20% discount, we're offering free USPS First Class shipping  for the gloves. 

Please note they can run larger than other brands (due to the full mesh top) so please check out the size chart if you're considering ordering. 

We offer free size exchanges if needed.

Thanks,

Rod

Edited by CaddyDaddy
  • Like 1

congrats

TM SIM Max 10.5 UST V 2 
TM SIM Max 15 UST V2 66g
TM SIM 19 Aldila RIP Alpha 6
TM GAPR Mid 4 iron 20 Fujikara Fuel
TM GAPR Mid 5 iron 23 Aldila RIP 
TM P790 6 Nippon Modus 3 130, Black 7-PW Nippon Modus 3 130
TM xFT TP 50 Nippon Pro WV115
TM Milled Grind Black Wedge 54 Nippon Pro Black WV115
TM Milled Grind Satin 58 Nippon Pro WV115
TM Rossa Ghost Tour AGSI+ FO-74

001A7456-4510-4181-A580-727FDA521B61.jpeg.5d945ed5dafc18ed44db8aa9750e3616.jpeg

I received my glove today and it’s interesting design. Mesh on the top and fingers with a grip texture throughout the palm and fingers. 

068F5B64-961F-479D-8F3B-55EBB20ED20A.jpeg.10d4d2180fb16390451cdeb720238bf7.jpeg

3572D9D1-4FD3-4832-9B13-650245D18C42.jpeg.f05511a648f1406aa2fcc647518f45fb.jpeg

Rod sent me a medium sized glove with the message;

We don’t currently make an M/L as it’s too close to our Medium and Large sizes. Our gloves run bit so most M/L customers have been happy with our medium size which is what we’re shipping you.

We also offer free size exchanges so if the medium runs too small for you, just let me know.“

I like a smaller fitting glove and this one seems perfect with the exception of some weird loose material in the thumb/palm area. It’s not as form fitting to the thumb as other gloves. 

7346C558-00BA-4109-96C0-1CD16CEC2748.jpeg.712fdf66174fd9caeeb7521034e91457.jpeg

E73A30F5-D0D6-40C1-BAF3-4940955289F3.jpeg.7e1645e04776469755d639c612ce8823.jpeg

You might recognize that grip texture as it has been on the inner waistband of shorts and pants in the past couple of years. Or at least a similar material has been to help shirts stay tucked inside waistbands.

04FECAB7-6B77-48C8-9422-C7060EE4C3CD.jpeg.ef0b539d8ea65f21ee8b2b18ea5c2c14.jpeg

I played a two ball nine hole scramble with the Claw glove this afternoon, temp was about 85* and sunny. The glove was incredibly breathable and my hand didn’t sweat as much as it normally would due to the mesh upper. I think this will be a huge hit with people like me who's hands sweat quite a bit.
The silicone webbing on the palm of the glove was fantastic and my club didn’t slip or twist a single bit.

I did notice some loose fibers on the index finger after I finished. I didn’t snag the glove on anything so I’m not sure what could have caused it but I will be watching them closely, especially since they’re supposed to last 3-5 longer than a traditional glove. 

35E2C525-4E3D-48B2-B532-D99371EB959F.jpeg.fb46c1fb26a26b6bccdca94619033d13.jpeg

I’ve got another two ball 9 hole scramble in 2.5 hours. I’ll be checking back in every once in a while to give updates on the longevity of the glove.

I’m really hoping this glove doesn’t wear out as quick in the palm and knuckle like a lot of other gloves do. Pretty stoked about it being machine washable as well!

Any questions just ask. 

Thanks again GolfWRX and Caddy Daddy Golf

Edited by 976-Evil
  • Like 3

I too received my glove today in the mail.  I'm looking forward to giving it a try tomorrow when I play.  I played four days straight, Friday-Monday, this past Labor Day weekend in temperatures well over 100° which made my cabretta leather gloves soaked while playing and hard as a rock the next morning.  I'm open to another alternative which could remedy this issue.  As far as the size the medium fits me fine.  For reference I also wear a medium in the Titleist Players glove which is my usual glove that I wear.  I grabbed a club in the garage to give it a quick test.  There is a completely different feel than what I am used to.  I'll need to hit some balls to see if it's a distraction.  One thing I did notice was the fabric on the back of the hand.  I use an overlap grip so my right pinky rests on top of the left hand.  The feel of this fabric is very smooth, almost silk like.  Again, I'll have to hit some balls to see if this is going to be a problem.  I'll report back after my round tomorrow.  For now, some photos.

682464825_IMG_0868(1).jpg.d1f1b87cd961ae66cb569d63b7394561.jpg1769230194_IMG_0869(1).jpg.383cbd729628dd66099a0e1956e7d71c.jpg1556980605_IMG_0870(1).jpg.63da8c8cce13b3fc4f262595789e97f2.jpg2119848778_IMG_0871(3).jpg.089520041d0d58f5eea42c9b5f4265f9.jpg

• Like 1

Dear diary,

I got out this morning, a nice and cool 72ish degrees. A tad moist outside with a pleasant early dew that was on the grass. Freshly mowed and rolled to a faster than normal stimp greens. Fantastic morning really.

Except for when the Caddy Daddy Claw glove got wet or if the grip had any small amount of moisture on it lol. I damn near threw my club down the fairway.

That mesh upper also made my hands get damp fast when I was pushing my ball/tee into the ground on the boxes, so I had to pull the glove off and dry it along with my hand by clenching it in my towel.

It was an interesting round for sure. LMK if you guys experience that.

Got to the range today to give the Claw a test run... was about 95* with 95% humidity here in Tampa. 

When fresh, it is very tacky. Makes me think of a wideout's gloves. Had great feel on both half and full shots, and absolutely no slippage. If I were Tommy Two Gloves, I think the caddy would need a tire iron to help take the clubs back. But, it did succumb to the flow of sweat every range session brings along. About 50 balls in (or 45 min), I had to switch gloves. I expected this to be the case, as I tend to sweat a lot, but, it did take slightly longer to get to that point than the Ksig gloves I typically use.

Fit-wise, I typically use an XXL (I'm 6'8"), but the XL did just fine. Was a little snug at the base of my thumb to start, but settled in nicely. 

I think the real area this glove would make its money is in the longevity they tout. I didnt expect perfection going up against the swamp hands of Florida heat. BUT, if I can use it the way I did today, but it makes it through 10 or 15 range sessions, I'd say its certainly worth a shot.

Note, I will test it on the course soon. Taking the glove off after every shot will certainly help keep it dry longer, and I have no doubt it would do well through the entire round. I typically walk when playing, so it should be a good test. After that, I'll throw it in the wash and take a few pictures. 

Feel free to ask questions! 

Callaway Mavrik SZ - 10.5* - MCA Tensei AV White 75TX

Cobra SpeedZone "4" - 18* - Recoil SMAC 

Taylormade P760 - 4-PW - Modus 130

Vokey Wedges - 52/56 - DG AMT S300

Scotty GoLo5

Glove arrived and was able to test it out on the course.  Here are my observations....

1. Fit

As others have mentioned , and as it was stated in their description, the glove does tend to run a little big, but it wasn’t a big deal. I typically wear a medium with other brands (Footjoy, Taylormade, etc), so it was slightly a looser fit in my hand, but nothing too uncomfortable. I ordered a medium, but I’d say it fits similar to a large in other brands.

2. Looks

I really enjoy the look of the glove and received several compliments from members of my league. I really like the tackiness in the interior portion of the glove. The tackiness/feel reminds me of the wide receiver gloves that are used in football. I was able to have a really nice grip on the club and it offered nice padding and protection for my palm and fingers. I also liked the mesh feel on the outer part of the glove. It provided a cooling feel, so I’m hoping that will circumvent any issues with sweating. 

3. Comfort 

The globe was very comfortable and I didn’t even notice that it was on during the round. I wanted to putt with it on but decided to take it off because that is what I am used to when putting for birdies...or bogies ?

4. Performance 

My hand does not usually sweat on the course and the hot temperatures have passed, so the jury is still out on sweat/heat absorption. I will follow back once I play in warmer or wetter conditions.

5. Other 

I really like the concept of being able to wash the glove, so hopefully it will maintain it’s look, feel, and performance after it has been washed. Again, I will follow up on this bullet point.

Overall, I’m very pleased with the glove and would definitely recommend it to others! Please let me know if you have any questions; I’d be glad to answer!

3F7B8469-5290-493B-B92F-A23734974065.jpeg

8E10C7B9-0713-4CBF-B694-7F418D0E75B5.jpeg

C08D76B3-535F-4AB8-ADB3-D3D2041AB77D.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the opportunity @GolfWRX and @CaddyDaddy ! I really can’t add much to the already impressive reviews, other than it definitely has a much different feel/feeling to it than your traditional cabretta. I will say, it was weird at first but now that I’ve gotten used to it I will be using it for the foreseeable future. Much more comfortable for me and I’m liking the fact that it is supposed to last 3-5 times longer! 

• Like 2

Ping G410 LST 9* Fujikura Ventus Black 7X 
Ping G410 LST 14.5* Fujikura Ventus Black 8X
Ping G410 17.5* Fujikura Ventus Black 10X 
Ping Blueprint 4-W KBS $ Taper PVD 130X  
New Level M-Type 50/54/60 KBS 610 S+
SIK DW 2.0 KBS CT Tour  
Tour BX / TP5X / Z Star XV 

15 minutes ago, endy said:

Thanks for the opportunity @GolfWRX and @CaddyDaddy ! I really can’t add much to the already impressive reviews, other than it definitely has a much different feel/feeling to it than your traditional cabretta. I will say, it was weird at first but now that I’ve gotten used to it I will be using it for the foreseeable future. Much more comfortable for me and I’m liking the fact that it is supposed to last 3-5 times longer! 

Thanks for reporting back!  Please let us know how many rounds you get out of it.  Most customers have been reporting 25-50 rounds and some even more than that.  If the mesh gets dirty you can throw them in the washing machine - we recommend washing on a cold cycle and hang drying.  A little OxiClean brightens them up too.  

• Like 3

So I got a chance to put it through the paces yesterday. I had no issues with the palm side of the glove hand. I think the glove provides good traction. The fabric on the back side of the glove is very breathable and MUCH cooler. I did struggle with the smoothness of the fabric. I felt like where my trail hand covered the glove hand there was some slippage. I’ll continue to work with it and see if it’s something that I can adapt to. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

A little late getting my review posted, but here goes. Thank you to Caddy Daddy and Golfwrx for the glove and giveaway. Let me start by saying I have a different hand. Very wide palm, shorter, thicker fingers. So not many gloves fit me well. There are only three I have found that fit, FootJoy Pure Touch, Titleist Players, and Hirzl Soft Flex. Back to the claw glove, it has a very big thumb. You can see in the 2nd pic it’s very loose. It also wasn’t wide enough for my palm. However, I went to the range to give it a go. Now the positives, the glove has GREAT grip. It also has GREAT breathability. This is glove that you could wear on the most hot and humid days. I used it for my entire practice session and never had an issue with grip or sweat. Since it didn’t fit me great, I let one of my golfing buddies try it. He is constantly changing gloves during the round due to humidity and perspiration. HE LOVED IT! Told me I wasn’t getting it back. He loved the grip of the glove and the fact he could wear it the entire round. Just for reference, he usually has to alternate between 3-4 gloves during a normal round. If you struggle with gloves griping in humidity and heat, definitely give this a try.

E09A815B-CBB2-4987-B8D4-BA0C4C8A7824.jpeg

307EFDEA-22E4-46F0-82D4-DADFE27084B2.jpeg

9181F563-59E6-42A8-BC22-2B1188FE51C0.jpeg

Edited by hammergolf
  • Thanks 1

TaylorMade Sim Max 9* @ 7* Aldila Quaranta Reg
Ping G410 3wd @ Flat setting Grafalloy Pro lite 3.5 Reg
Ping G410 7wd @ Flat setting Graffaloy Pro Lite 3.5 Reg
Ping G410 22 hybrid @ 21 flat Alta CB Reg
PXG 0211 5-PW Steelfiber i95 Reg
Cleveland Zipcore Raw 50* Mid, 54* Full @ 55, 58* Low @ 60 Hi Rev 2.0 Reg
Evnroll TR8 33"

I am late getting this review posted but I haven't been able to play much recently.  As others have said the grippy palm and breathable mesh are very good.  The fit was a little small for me, I usually wear a Cadet M/L and asked for a Cadet M since it was mentioned they run big.  It was a little too tight across the palm area.  I used it for a range session and a couple net sessions and I liked the grip and I didn't sweat it out like I would a normal cabretta glove.  In ordering more, I would get 1 of my normal Cadet M/L size and see how it fits.

However, the spousal unit usually wears a mens Cadet M so she tried it......and I didn't get it back!  It fit her as well as her usual cadet M's.  She really likes the grippy palm and fingers as well as the breathable mesh.  I think when I order mine I will be getting a couple in her size as well.

• Thanks 1

I won a Claw Glove.

After playing five rounds with the Claw, there has been no wear and no change of shape (i.e., stretching) of the Claw Glove.   Usually, I wear out the thumb of my golf gloves, as I use full cord grips.   After 5 rounds, the other brands of gloves that I use, generally have some significant wear as well as losing their shape.

The weather has cooled off here in northern Virginia.   So, I can't comment on how the glove performs in high temperatures with high humidity.   Under these conditions, I have to spray my hands with "firm grip" when playing with cabretta leather gloves, as they become soaked in sweat and often feel slimy in the palm.  

I wear a men's medium golf glove.   The Claw was a little loose fitting, similar to what you see in some of the pictures posted above.   

I just purchased the Costco cabretta leather gloves.   I'm not sure the Claw Glove can compete with a $5 cabretta leather glove from Costco.