Jump to content

Titleist t100s Black


Recommended Posts

Anyone else just get these? They look so sick, but I had a bit of a problem with the all black look. I am having the grips changed as I type this. The black grip/shaft/head combo is a bit of an optical illusion for me and makes every club look super long. I am putting the MCC plus black/green grips on to break it up a bit, the green is going to really pop. I thought about even putting a colored electrical tape at the end of the black grip just to give me some sort of different look. Anyone else have this issue?

 

Can't wait to play them though. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here you go!   I went combo T100S/T200 -The T200's look amazing to me, the T100 are very good as well, and I like that little bit of white and red contrast.  Just got mine in yesterda

The T100s 4i looks intimidating. I would certainly consider a 4-6 or at least 4and 5 in T200

Anyone else just get these? They look so sick, but I had a bit of a problem with the all black look. I am having the grips changed as I type this. The black grip/shaft/head combo is a bit of an optica

Posted Images

I am strongly considering pulling the trigger on this set! It might be time to bid farewell to the 620 CBs haha. It might be good to move away from a traditionally lofted set. How do you like them so far!?!?! 

Ping G410 Plus 9 Degree HZRDUS Black 6.0

Ping G410 3 Wood 14.5 Degree HZRDUS Black 6.0 Handcrafted

Ping G410 3 Hybrid 19 Degree HZRDUS Black 6.0

Titleist T200 4 Project X LZ 6.0 Onyx

Titleist T100S Black 5-9 Project X LZ 6.0 Onyx

Titleist SM8 Jet Black 45F/9 bounce, 50F/8 bounce, 55S/11 bounce, 60S/10 bounce Project X LZ 6.0 Onyx

2019 Bettinardi QB8 Midslant Limited Run with Stability Shaft 

Srixon Z-Star 6

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, GrandmasterJ said:

I am strongly considering pulling the trigger on this set! It might be time to bid farewell to the 620 CBs haha. It might be good to move away from a traditionally lofted set. How do you like them so far!?!?! 

I love them so far. I went from a Mizuno blade to a Taylormade p790 and I just couldn't hit them, I thought with getting a little older and playing less the bigger face would help. Visually they were too clunky. Before Mizunos I was always playing the AP2s so I decided to go back to Titleist. I've only played 2 rounds with them, and I love them so far. The lofts are jacked up, so I kind of take the iron # with a grain of salt, the P is a 9, 8 is a 7 and so on. But i've enjoyed the performance of them so far, they feel great and are plenty forgiving. They also look sick. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/7/2020 at 1:22 AM, JDMRN81 said:

I don't have T100's, but I've played all black irons before and never had an issue like you stated.  How's the black holding up on your T100's so far?

I've only played 2 rounds and so far so good. But I had the black p790s a few years back and know what to expect. Won't last forever, but that is fine. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, johnroyal519 said:

 

i meant pics after some use - there isn't much online

 

 

Ahhhhh I see what u mean, I think they have pics of the T100 in black finish online or the AP2 in black finish......Cameron Smith played the black finish Titleist on tour and they did not wear very well.  Being a big fan of black finishes, only the Cobra and the Taylormade Rac MB ( Vijay Singh model ) had durable finishes.  The Miura Black Boron rubbed off the fastest, and the PXG Darkness finish although more durable did not stand up as well as I would like.   

Link to post
Share on other sites

Cam Smith's look really bad on the face but otherwise I really like these. The heads look smaller to me from address being black. Kind of like my jet black Vokey wedges but I like the smaller look. If the black didn't finish held up and they had thee in T100 I would have ordered a set.

Titleist TS3 8.5 deg - Mitsubishi Diamana DF 70TX

Titleist TS3 15 deg - Project X Even Flow T1100 White 85 6.5

Titleist 816 H2 19 deg - Mitsubishi Diamana D+ 90X

Titleist T200 4 - Project X 6.5

Titleist T100 5-PW - Project X 6.5

Vokey SM8 Jet Black 50.12 F, 54.10 S, 58.08 M - TT DG TI Black Onyx S400

Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, HappyGilmore22 said:

Cam Smith's look really bad on the face but otherwise I really like these. The heads look smaller to me from address being black. Kind of like my jet black Vokey wedges but I like the smaller look. If the black didn't finish held up and they had thee in T100 I would have ordered a set.

 

I'm not surprised that the black ones don't look so great. Some of my T100 faces look pretty beaten up already, too, with the chrome finish looking pretty bad on some clubs.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I got a set at launch in the UK played a couple of rounds with them then moved them on 

 

they are okay but nothing special prefer my 718CB 

[indent=1][color=#ff0000]Callaway Great Big Bertha Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 75g[/color][/indent]
[indent=1]M3 3 Wood Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 75g[/indent]
Callaway X2 Hot po 20 degree Hzrdus 85g Black
[indent=1]P770 4-P Project X LZ 6.0[/indent]
[indent=1]52, high toe [/indent]
[indent=1]58 Hi Toe[/indent]
[indent=1]Taylormade Spider Red 
[indent=1]TP5 X[/indent]
[indent=1][twitter]@Ste_cav11[/twitter][/indent]

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think Cam's look bad. I like the wear on them. They are still unique. Anyone that bought them and expected them to stay perfectly black forever is obviously misinformed. A little wear and personality is great for clubs, as long as the grooves are kept up and taken care of. I now have 4 rounds in and love them. I haven't been this happy about a set up clubs in probably 4 years. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Are they left and right handed? I saw on one website only right handed and another website had both listed. Curious if anyone knew. 

TS3 8.5 Ventus Black 7x

Ping G410 17 degree Hybrid Atmos Black 9x

Mizuno CLK 22 degree hybrid Tensei Pro Blue 80TX

T100S 1 degree weak 4-PW Project X 7.0

SM7 50, 54 Project X 6.5 

Taylormade Hi-Toe 60 Project X 6.5

Piretti Cottonwood II

Srixon XV 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/9/2020 at 11:54 AM, mci711 said:

I don't think Cam's look bad. I like the wear on them. They are still unique. Anyone that bought them and expected them to stay perfectly black forever is obviously misinformed. A little wear and personality is great for clubs, as long as the grooves are kept up and taken care of. I now have 4 rounds in and love them. I haven't been this happy about a set up clubs in probably 4 years. 

 

I agree - I think worn out black will look cool - Especially once I wear out that sweet spot right next to the hosel!

 

 

  • Haha 1

SIM MAX 10.5 TOUR AD DI 6

SIM MAX FAIRWAY 15 TOUR AD DI 7

SIM HYBRID 19 TOUR AD DI 85

 

TITLEIST T100S 3-PW PX LZ 6.0

VOKEY SM8 CHROME 52 56S 60M TOUR ISSUE DGS400

 

TRIPLE TRACK 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am going to order mine Black T100s tomorrow! Bye bye 620 CB, its been fun! I am just curious how you guys played your wedges since the PW is 44 and GW 48? could I get away with my current set up of SM8 46 50 54 58? or just stick with the stock PW and GW? But I am excited to get more forgiveness compared to what I have been playing haha

Ping G410 Plus 9 Degree HZRDUS Black 6.0

Ping G410 3 Wood 14.5 Degree HZRDUS Black 6.0 Handcrafted

Ping G410 3 Hybrid 19 Degree HZRDUS Black 6.0

Titleist T200 4 Project X LZ 6.0 Onyx

Titleist T100S Black 5-9 Project X LZ 6.0 Onyx

Titleist SM8 Jet Black 45F/9 bounce, 50F/8 bounce, 55S/11 bounce, 60S/10 bounce Project X LZ 6.0 Onyx

2019 Bettinardi QB8 Midslant Limited Run with Stability Shaft 

Srixon Z-Star 6

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, GrandmasterJ said:

I am going to order mine Black T100s tomorrow! Bye bye 620 CB, its been fun! I am just curious how you guys played your wedges since the PW is 44 and GW 48? could I get away with my current set up of SM8 46 50 54 58? or just stick with the stock PW and GW? But I am excited to get more forgiveness compared to what I have been playing haha

I was thinking bend the pw to 45 and then go 50. 55. 60 with the wedges 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, nfreda2211 said:

I was thinking bend the pw to 45 and then go 50. 55. 60 with the wedges 

I did consider that as well! But if I was going to do that to my wedges might as well bend the whole set 1 degree weak but I am just unsure if that would affect anything. I know the offset will be reduced since its bent weaker. Definitely something Id consider for a wedge set up! 

Ping G410 Plus 9 Degree HZRDUS Black 6.0

Ping G410 3 Wood 14.5 Degree HZRDUS Black 6.0 Handcrafted

Ping G410 3 Hybrid 19 Degree HZRDUS Black 6.0

Titleist T200 4 Project X LZ 6.0 Onyx

Titleist T100S Black 5-9 Project X LZ 6.0 Onyx

Titleist SM8 Jet Black 45F/9 bounce, 50F/8 bounce, 55S/11 bounce, 60S/10 bounce Project X LZ 6.0 Onyx

2019 Bettinardi QB8 Midslant Limited Run with Stability Shaft 

Srixon Z-Star 6

Link to post
Share on other sites

Had my first Round with them yesterday.

They are fantastic.

They look amazing.  They are slightly longer than my T100.  Not much maybe 5-6 yards.  

BUT what they say about being slightly fade bias could be true.  I haven't hit irons this straight in years.    

The PX ZL shafts launch to the moon.   I think the shaft cancels out the 2 deg strong loft in terms of launch.  

I said I would give them 4-5 rounds but I already decided this are better than the T100.

 

 

SIM MAX 10.5 TOUR AD DI 6

SIM MAX FAIRWAY 15 TOUR AD DI 7

SIM HYBRID 19 TOUR AD DI 85

 

TITLEIST T100S 3-PW PX LZ 6.0

VOKEY SM8 CHROME 52 56S 60M TOUR ISSUE DGS400

 

TRIPLE TRACK 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've only played 3 rounds so far with them, but they feel just as good, or better as my Mizuno 919T's.  It's gonna take some time to get used to the extra distance, but the PX ZL shaft seems to launch them pretty high.  I fell in love with the look of these, and have always loved Titleist irons.  I tried the T200's last year, and didn't care much for them.  They felt too clicky for me.  These feel much more like what I'm used to.

Titleist clugs.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

i have 3-4 rounds on them so far.


I like them.  I do notice I small distance increase but not much.  They feel just like the standard T100.  
I love the PX LZ 6.0 Shaft - the ball launches so high.  Reminds me of PXI which I loved 

 

I hate the loft setup though.  Ive played 52 56 60 for my entire life - the Gap is 48 so I went 54 60 after that.  I hate it.  It's cost me a few strokes already.

 

I think my sweet spot would be standard T100 with PX ZL shafts ............

 

 

 

 

SIM MAX 10.5 TOUR AD DI 6

SIM MAX FAIRWAY 15 TOUR AD DI 7

SIM HYBRID 19 TOUR AD DI 85

 

TITLEIST T100S 3-PW PX LZ 6.0

VOKEY SM8 CHROME 52 56S 60M TOUR ISSUE DGS400

 

TRIPLE TRACK 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, tigerfan23 said:

i have 3-4 rounds on them so far.


I like them.  I do notice I small distance increase but not much.  They feel just like the standard T100.  
I love the PX LZ 6.0 Shaft - the ball launches so high.  Reminds me of PXI which I loved 

 

I hate the loft setup though.  Ive played 52 56 60 for my entire life - the Gap is 48 so I went 54 60 after that.  I hate it.  It's cost me a few strokes already.

 

I think my sweet spot would be standard T100 with PX ZL shafts ............

 

 

 

 

The wedge gapping is definitely the biggest change for me as well. I honestly am still trying to figure out the best set up. I may have my old wedges bent from 50-56 to 52 - 58. But then my bounce will be out of wack. I feel like the 48* is a lot hotter than my 50* though. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, mci711 said:

The wedge gapping is definitely the biggest change for me as well. I honestly am still trying to figure out the best set up. I may have my old wedges bent from 50-56 to 52 - 58. But then my bounce will be out of wack. I feel like the 48* is a lot hotter than my 50* though. 

 

 

yep   I hit a flyer on flew the green from 130 with my 48.  I Rarely hit flyers with my vokeys.  And I love long chipping with my 52.  The 54 is not quite the same.

Ill never replace the 52 56 60 setup = I'm a dumbass

 

 

SIM MAX 10.5 TOUR AD DI 6

SIM MAX FAIRWAY 15 TOUR AD DI 7

SIM HYBRID 19 TOUR AD DI 85

 

TITLEIST T100S 3-PW PX LZ 6.0

VOKEY SM8 CHROME 52 56S 60M TOUR ISSUE DGS400

 

TRIPLE TRACK 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tigerfan23 said:

 

 

yep   I hit a flyer on flew the green from 130 with my 48.  I Rarely hit flyers with my vokeys.  And I love long chipping with my 52.  The 54 is not quite the same.

Ill never replace the 52 56 60 setup = I'm a dumbass

 

 

I kept the 52, 56, 60 setup, and just took out my 4 iron for now.  I don't use that club that much, and hit the 5 iron with these just about as far as my old 4.  Not enough difference between that, and the 5 wood for me. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...