I'm beyond frustrated.  I can't figure out why I reroute at the top to a really steep plane.  Been doing it for the last 5 years and tried a bunch of things to fix it but nothing has worked so far.  Any ideas?

Edited by huskydawg
reupped video

1W
5W
3 Iron
4-PW
GW
SW
LW
Putter
Ball
Glove
Bag

Sub: 3w for 5i

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My gawd

always had that tendency myself but not as much as that..

two  things that have really helped is the 9-3 (half swing) drill and particularly making very, very slow practise swings without a ball. Film it, check it, do it again. It’s much easier to make a better swing if it’s slower and shorter, and build up very slowly from there. 

current swing coached by wrxers..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wgXZab7vI4

16 hours ago, uitar9 said:

how is the ball flight? Consistent ?

Straight to a slight cut.  On a bad day it'll pull.

12 hours ago, milesgiles said:

My gawd

always had that tendency myself but not as much as that..

two  things that have really helped is the 9-3 (half swing) drill and particularly making very, very slow practise swings without a ball. Film it, check it, do it again. It’s much easier to make a better swing if it’s slower and shorter, and build up very slowly from there. 

I'll give it a try.  I'm very tall and also very thin, so I feel like my body can't support the speed I generate.  I'll definitely give that a try, if you can't do it slow then surely you can't do it fast.

8 hours ago, Tax77 said:

Looks like you have melded a flat back swing and an upright down swing. Ever tried to go with an upright back swing? 

Yes, if I do that my right elbow will fly and my head tends to raise on the backswing.  Maybe I'm doing it wrong.

1W
5W
3 Iron
4-PW
GW
SW
LW
Putter
Ball
Glove
Bag

Sub: 3w for 5i

I'm not a swing expert, but the first thing that I would suggest working on some drills to 'separate' your backswing from your downswing. At the top of your swing, you seem to kind of loop your backswing into your downswing, as opposed to having the backswing stop, rest, then start downswing.

Note, your move is not necessarily "bad" but I think it could lead to some of the inconsistency you are experiencing. The fact that you are looping around puts you at risk for getting the club head outside on your downswing which can lead to those types of problems.