Oh boy.  Footjoy just dropped the price from $750 to $495 on these shoes.  Everyone get in line now before they're gone!  ? ? ?

I also see they are still making the Icon Blacks (which I love).  Footjoy announced over a year ago these would be discontinued but they are still listed on their latest web site. 

$299 list price which is a steal in comparison.  

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have never understood why even FootJoy seemed completely uninterested in pushing the Icon Black more. It is, THE most comfortable traditional golf shoe that I have ever worn. I was sceptical about t

The Icon Blacks are the best golf shoes I have ever worn. Way underrated.

I have never understood why even FootJoy seemed completely uninterested in pushing the Icon Black more. It is, THE most comfortable traditional golf shoe that I have ever worn. I was sceptical about the cork fit bed to start with but after one round, I was sold. Brilliant, under appreciated shoe.

• Like 2

Titleist TS3 8.5 Stiff Diamana D+
Titleist 915Fd 15 Stiff Rogue Black 
Titleist 915Hd 17.5 Stiff Diamana S+
Titleist T100 4-PW Stiff Project X LZ
Titleist Vokey SM6 50.08 & 54.10
Titlesist Vokey SM7 60.04
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1x 2019

17 hours ago, Blackman911 said:

Even for 500$ they are too pricey from where I stand

Correct.  When you can buy prior year Icon Black close-out models for half price it makes the $500 lowered price of the 1857's still crazy high. I have five pair of Icon Blacks and only paid full retail for two pair because I could never find them on close-out but wanted those styles.  

I too could never figure why Footjoy never pushed this model.  Seems they are more into simply making low quality shoes for cheap prices that the masses will buy and then toss after a season or two.  

On 9/7/2020 at 9:10 AM, cristphoto said:

Oh boy.  Footjoy just dropped the price from $750 to $495 on these shoes.  Everyone get in line now before they're gone!  ? ? ?

I also see they are still making the Icon Blacks (which I love).  Footjoy announced over a year ago these would be discontinued but they are still listed on their latest web site. 

$299 list price which is a steal in comparison.  

1857 line is the most dumb release ever. Why people would pay those prices is beyond me.

On 9/8/2020 at 9:02 AM, cristphoto said:

You're right about the cork footbed. Amazingly comfortable and lasts a long time. My oldest pair of Icon Blacks is about four years old and still feel comfy - plus I walk maybe 25% of the time.  Great shoe.

I have some of the Versaluxe. They have a cork footbed, and were a great shoe. I have some Ecco shoes, and they are nowhere near as good as the Versaluxe. It seems like every time FJ makes a shoe I really like, they discontinue the model.