2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Titleist TSi 2 & TSi 3 driver and 3 woods - 2020 Safeway Open

pga43

On 9/22/2020 at 7:22 AM, Yellow Jacket said:

This answers some questions about the movable weight (it’s a free weight and the notches seems to be on the cover, not the driver head which will make for some delicate adjustment to get everything to fit together) and the stock shafts will at least include Tensei White and Blue and Hzrdus.

Does anyone speak German?

For all that are interested: He loved the driver over his current TS3 driver. Didnt care for the feel of the TSi3 3wood and the TSi2 3wood resulted in the same numbers as his TS fairway (sadly he did not say if its a 2 or a 3).

He ordered a TSi3 driver but no fairway for that reason

Edited by Bunkersarebigcups
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5° @9.5°

Cobra Radspeed Big Tour @ 15.5°

Mizuno ST-Z 230 19°@20°

PING i230 4-U, +1/2", green dot
Cleveland RTX Zipcore 54° Full Sole

Cleveland RTX Zipcore 60° Mid Sole

L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1

My pro invited me to come by while he met with the rep today. I didn’t get to hit anything but we are setting up a fitting day in early Oct.

The TSI2 looks better to me and I will give it a try.  The TSI3 looks amazing but I was almost a little intimidated by it setting it down on the pro shop carpet.  It seems smaller than a 460cc but I know it’s not. I want to get it outdoors with a ball teed up. 

I’m sold on the alignment aid, very subtle and classy. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, sniper said:

My pro invited me to come by while he met with the rep today. I didn’t get to hit anything but we are setting up a fitting day in early Oct.

The TSI2 looks better to me and I will give it a try.  The TSI3 looks amazing but I was almost a little intimidated by it setting it down on the pro shop carpet.  It seems smaller than a 460cc but I know it’s not. I want to get it outdoors with a ball teed up. 

I’m sold on the alignment aid, very subtle and classy. 

Haha. Looks smaller than a 460 you say? Dream come true! 

• Like 1

Callaway Paradym TD “S” 420cc 8.5 Project X Evenflow Riptide MX 60TX
Mizuno ST 230 Max 15.0 Mitsubishi Rayon Kai’Li Blue 70X

Callaway OG Apex UW 21.0 Mizuno MmT 80X

ON ORDER: Mizuno Pro 243 5-GW Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Mizuno T24 56/12S & 58/4X Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Rife Phenom.Z 34”

10 hours ago, KC13 said:

Hoping the paint job on these are better than the original TS line.  One paint chip and the whole head starts to flake.  I still have my gamer 915 hybrid (beat to s**t) and zero paint chips or flakes.  Do better Titleist.  

- KC 

I am still gaming my 915H as well, and I prefer its appearance at address more than the 818 or TS series - something about the shaft combination, but it's the best hybrid I've ever hit in my life. 

• Like 1

Titleist TSi3 10* (at 9.25*) w/ Tour AD DI 6X 
Titleist TSR2 15* w/ Tour AD MJ 8X
Titleist TSR2 18* Hybrid w/ Fuji Atmos Blue Tour Spec 8X

Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3 iron w/ KBS Tour V S HS'd
Titleist 716CB 4-P w/ DG AMT TI X100 SS'd
Vokey SM7 Slate Blue 54.10 (1* strong) and 58.08 with Onyx DGTI S400
PING PLD DS72 34.5"

2021 ProV1 or Left Dash ProV1x (or random other tour quality balls LOL)

10 hours ago, KC13 said:

Hoping the paint job on these are better than the original TS line.  One paint chip and the whole head starts to flake.  I still have my gamer 915 hybrid (beat to s**t) and zero paint chips or flakes.  Do better Titleist.  

- KC 

I am still gaming my 915H as well, and I prefer its appearance at address more than the 818 or TS series - something about the shaft combination, but it's the best hybrid I've ever hit in my life. 

PING PLD DS72 34.5"

10 hours ago, KC13 said:

- KC 

PING PLD DS72 34.5"

10 hours ago, KC13 said:

- KC 

PING PLD DS72 34.5"

8 hours ago, pdaero said:

I had been holding on to the 915H until a month or so ago - I switched to the TS2 and it's better across the board in terms of distance, launch, and sound for me.  I went with a slightly lighter shaft in the TS2 so I ordered it with the heaviest weight - I've always played my Titleist woods and hybrids with the heaviest Surefit weight.  The first week or so it just felt like I was swinging a telephone pole in terms of weight, so I went down to the next Surefit weight - only a 2g difference - and it's like a totally different club.  I guess I'm just sensitive to swingweight.  I was surprised 2g would make that much of a difference, but it did.  I love the TS2 hybrid now. 

Edited by dwboston

Titleist TSR2 11*, Oban Devotion 6S

Titleist TSR2 16.5*, GD Tour AD BB 7S

Titleist TSR2 21*, Fujikura Speeder Pro TS 84

Titleist TS2 25*, GD Tour AD HY 95S
Titleist T100S, 6-GW, Recoil 110 F4

Miura 52.06, 56.10, 60.09, Recoil Proto 125 F4

Ping PLD Custom Anser 4, 34"/355g

4 minutes ago, JoeJoeJoeUrBoat said:

My 910 D3 8.5 is going to have a run for it's money. Can't wait to put them head to head. Let's see what 10 years can do in RND. 

Just make sure to hit one on the heel and another off the toe, on purpose.  That is where 10 years of R&D shines

• Like 3

Driver: Ping G410 LST (Diamana ZF)
5w:  Titleist TS2 (Ventus Blue)
3H: Titleist 818 H2 (Ventus Blue HB)
or 3i: Cobra King Utility 21* (Tour AD DI)
4-P: PXG 0311T (KBS $-Taper)
Wedges: 51* Edel TRP, 55* Edel DVR, 60* Cally MD5
Putter: PXG Mini Gunboat H

I love my TS3 driver and can't wait to see and hit the new TSi3. I do want to let all of you hybrid players out there that you have to try the TS2 21° fairway wood. It's is the BOMB! it replaced my TS2 23° hybrid and you can hit it from anywhere. It's a must try! Just my 2 cents.

Edited by azgolfer64
Misspelling

2 hours ago, Stetson said:

Just make sure to hit one on the heel and another off the toe, on purpose.  That is where 10 years of R&D shines

I always show the entire face some love! ?

• Haha 2

TSr2 10 Tensei Blue 65

TSr2 15 Tensei Blue 75

TSr2 21 Tensei Blue 75

Black T100.S 4-P LZ 6.0

Black SM9 48.10.F, 54.10.S, 62.08.M

Jet Set Newport 2 

My pro just got back from a fitting.  He said, these are the absolute truth!

• Like 1

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

6 hours ago, JoeJoeJoeUrBoat said:

My 910 D3 8.5 is going to have a run for it's money. Can't wait to put them head to head. Let's see what 10 years can do in RND. 

I did that comparison with the TS3 already. Numbers wise, you're in for a treat! (and a bit of a rude awakening lol). Looks/feel-wise might be different - the 910 has always been aces for me. 

Callaway Mavrik SZ 9 deg  / Fujikura Ventus Black Velocore 6x

Callaway Rogue ST LS 3 wood (15 deg) / Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Blue 7x

PING G425 Hybrid 19.5 deg / Fujikura Ventus Blue HB 8s (tipped 1/2)

Mizuno JPX 900 Tours 4-PW / KBS C-Taper 120 Stiff

Titleist SM5 50,54,60 / KBS 610 Stiff

Taylor Made Spider X Chalk  

IG: @martinmejia14 

9 hours ago, JoeJoeJoeUrBoat said:

The unspoken GOAT driver of the modern era IMO. If mine hadn't been stolen back in 2015 I would probably still be playing it, hah. Looking forward to the TSi3 and seeing how it stacks up. 

• Like 1

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 10.5* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Stealth+ 16* Ventus Black 8x // Taylormade SIM Ti V2 16.5* Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 20* Nippon GOST Hybrid Tour X
Callaway X-Forged Single♦️  22* Nippon GOST Hybrid Tour X 
Bridgestone 
J40 DPC 4i-7i 24*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot || Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant

14 minutes ago, bama11 said:

What did he say, if anything ,about the fwy woods ?

He said he would update me after a conference call.  He forgot about me!  LOL

I'll have to ask him tomorrow!

• Haha 1

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

5 minutes ago, OcRockRoller said:

The 2016 M2 would like a word..

Yeah yeah, the 910 still predated it by 5 years. ?

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 10.5* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Stealth+ 16* Ventus Black 8x // Taylormade SIM Ti V2 16.5* Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 20* Nippon GOST Hybrid Tour X
Callaway X-Forged Single♦️  22* Nippon GOST Hybrid Tour X 
Bridgestone 
J40 DPC 4i-7i 24*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot || Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant

14 hours ago, dwboston said:

I had been holding on to the 915H until a month or so ago - I switched to the TS2 and it's better across the board in terms of distance, launch, and sound for me.  I went with a slightly lighter shaft in the TS2 so I ordered it with the heaviest weight - I've always played my Titleist woods and hybrids with the heaviest Surefit weight.  The first week or so it just felt like I was swinging a telephone pole in terms of weight, so I went down to the next Surefit weight - only a 2g difference - and it's like a totally different club.  I guess I'm just sensitive to swingweight.  I was surprised 2g would make that much of a difference, but it did.  I love the TS2 hybrid now. 

That's awesome - I would definitely like to give the TS2 hybrid a try, especially outside on a grass range with a good shaft. I really want to try the next generation of shaft of mine, the Tensei Pro Blue 90TX, but that's a unicorn. To find a shaft that allows you to hit it low through the wind or bomb it high if you need to, is really amazing. I hit two shots on Sunday that really blew my mind, especially a 225 yard uphill par 3 into the breeze that I hit it just past the pin. Wow.

Edited by pdaero

PING PLD DS72 34.5"

6 minutes ago, pdaero said:

That's awesome - I would definitely like to give the TS2 hybrid a try, especially outside on a grass range with a good shaft. I really want to try the next generation of shaft of mine, the Tensei Pro Blue 90TX, but that's a unicorn. To find a shaft that allows you to hit it low through the wind or bomb it high if you need to, is really amazing. I hit two shots on Sunday that really blew my mind, especially a 225 yard uphill par 3 into the breeze that I hit it just past the pin. Wow.

I went from the AD DI 105S to the AD HY 95S in my 915H, to the Atmos Blue 85S in the TS2.  I picked up 10 yards at least with the TS2.  It's a perfect club for me for the 225 yard par-3's or short par 4's off the tee (or the double dogleg par-5 at my course that's hybrid, 6i, wedge - but that's another story). I'm still a little perpelexed by the night and day difference from the 2g weight change.  It shouldn't be that dramatic, but it feels like a completely different club.

One thing I've noticed about the TS2 clubs is that the sound is all over the place between the driver, 3w and hybrid.  The 3w is very muted, to the point that sometimes I'm surprised by how far the ball goes because the strike sounds so muted.   Driver is less muted and the hybrid sounds great.  The 915 series was very consistent in terms of sound between all 3 clubs. 

Titleist TSR2 11*, Oban Devotion 6S

Titleist TSR2 16.5*, GD Tour AD BB 7S

Titleist TSR2 21*, Fujikura Speeder Pro TS 84

Titleist TS2 25*, GD Tour AD HY 95S
Titleist T100S, 6-GW, Recoil 110 F4

Miura 52.06, 56.10, 60.09, Recoil Proto 125 F4

Ping PLD Custom Anser 4, 34"/355g

Thanks for the info, DW - I'm intrigued in trying it. I'll definitely be giving the TSI driver a try, but I've been pretty happy with my 917D2 for almost three years now. I noticed a significant upgrade from the 915D2 where it has less spin (especially less sidespin).

I agree with you on the TS2 fairway woods, the sound is really muted - I have noticed better playability and height from the fairway which has made a difference.

Edited by pdaero

PING PLD DS72 34.5"

Every time I see the TSi3 it looks better and better to me. Need to put it up against my 917, I'm assuming they will be keeping the longer lengths.

Edited by TLUBulldogGolf

Titleist TSi3 10* TPO 1K 60-TX
Titleist 917F3 15* VA Composite Drago 75-X
Titleist T200 3 Utility Build Thump 90-X
Mizuno MP-20 4-9 PX 6.5

Mizuno T20 47-07 PX 6.5

Mizuno T22 52-09 56-10 PX 6.5

Vokey SM9 60-04T PX Wedge 6.5
Special Select Squareback 2 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 1.0

ProV1x

8 hours ago, TLUBulldogGolf said:

Every time I see the TSi3 it looks better and better to me. Need to put it up against my 917, I'm assuming they will be keeping the longer lengths.

Wasn’t completely sold the first time I saw it, it’s grown on me. I really like the design more and more every time I see pics. 

TSr2 10 Tensei Blue 65

TSr2 15 Tensei Blue 75

TSr2 21 Tensei Blue 75

Black T100.S 4-P LZ 6.0

Black SM9 48.10.F, 54.10.S, 62.08.M

Jet Set Newport 2 

15 minutes ago, EagleM. said:

It looks great. However, the initial review on GolfWRX seems to indicate that it may be a relatively high spinner vs SIM.

I’m gonna go back and re read. I did not pick up on that at all. Only the he wanted 2100-2200 spin and constantly got it. Maybe I read wrong.

TSr3 8° VENTUS RED TR 7X

TSr3 3W 15° VENTUS RED TR 8X

2023 T200 2/17°

2023 T200 4-PW, GW

SM10 52, 58 M-Grind

PIRETTI POTENZA WB

TitleistSmaller.jpg.5bc014a5893add877cc9ffa452af52bd.jpg

7 minutes ago, jrshelby said:

I’m gonna go back and re read. I did not pick up on that at all. Only the he wanted 2100-2200 spin and constantly got it. Maybe I read wrong.

If it was the Jonny Wunder review that was never indicated. Is there a different review?

Edited by jrshelby

TSr3 8° VENTUS RED TR 7X

TSr3 3W 15° VENTUS RED TR 8X

2023 T200 2/17°

2023 T200 4-PW, GW

SM10 52, 58 M-Grind

PIRETTI POTENZA WB

TitleistSmaller.jpg.5bc014a5893add877cc9ffa452af52bd.jpg

4 minutes ago, jrshelby said:

If it was the Jonny Wunder review that was never indicated. Is the a different review?

The same review. He said his average number with his SIM is  1,800-2,000 spin. Later on, he seemed to indicate he was getting 2100-2200 spin with TSi. He didn't clearly said it was the number, but rather implied TSi falls in the bracket. He also said SIM was optimized for him, but I suppose TSi isn't. 

28 minutes ago, EagleM. said:

It looks great. However, the initial review on GolfWRX seems to indicate that it may be a relatively high spinner vs SIM.

It was the most played driver last week at the US open , that’s a big endorsement for a club that’s just being introduced to the tour pros in the last couple of weeks , I’m really looking forward to hitting this driver . 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, alpineto said:

It was the most played driver last week at the US open , that’s a big endorsement for a club that’s just being introduced to the tour pros in the last couple of weeks , I’m really looking forward to hitting this driver . 

Same here. It's time to book another Titleist Tuesday. 

• easyyy unfeatured this topic
  • easyyy featured this topic