Jump to content

Titleist TSi 2 & TSi 3 driver and 3 woods - 2020 Safeway Open


Recommended Posts

On 10/4/2020 at 11:20 AM, The Mad Bomber said:

Can I just say that this is the biggest drawback of living in Canada? We're getting good weather out west, but it's going to turn to shite soon and I want to move to Palm Springs full time.

That's such a bummer for you guys up there, I can't imagine only being able to golf a few months each year. I live in Texas and can golf year round, just have to deal with the excessive heat and humidity. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A guy goes to a Titleist fitting at their facility, gets fit into a stick by their expert. Goes home and changes the driver settings quite a bit (9.75* to 8.25*). He says he is hitting quality shots h

Not sure if this has been posted yet but the TSi4 has been released on the conforming list    

You know you have a problem when your local golf shop calls you on your cell to tell you that the rep is there with the new sticks and to come right away to hit it!! I got that call today that the Tit

Posted Images

2 hours ago, therealjonzone said:

Fair enough.

 

Sometimes it’s not the head but the overall weight/face angles in which a club is delivered in terms of path.

 

Mav SZ was a hook machine for me but the regular was just awesome.

 

Never did hit the LST as I just went SIM and now blindly ordering the TSI3 LOL 

Mav SZ was very inconsistent which was interesting because I play the 3 wood and have had so much success with it. I hooked the EF SZ a lot so it was surprising that the Mav SZ didn't fit me any better. 

What shafts are stock for the TSi drivers?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, UnderPar18 said:

Mav SZ was very inconsistent which was interesting because I play the 3 wood and have had so much success with it. I hooked the EF SZ a lot so it was surprising that the Mav SZ didn't fit me any better. 

What shafts are stock for the TSi drivers?

Tensei Raw White and Blue

HZRDUS Smoke RDX

Kuro Kage Black

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, therealjonzone said:

Tensei Raw White and Blue

HZRDUS Smoke RDX

Kuro Kage Black

 

Odds on this having been stated 10 times already and atleast 10 more times before the release?  -200 perhaps

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Driver: Ping G410 LST (Diamana ZF)
5w:  Titleist TS2 (Ventus Blue)
3H: Titleist 818 H2 (Ventus Blue HB)
or 3i: Cobra King Utility 21* (Tour AD DI)
4-P: PXG 0311T (KBS $-Taper)
Wedges: 51* Edel TRP, 55* Edel DVR, 60* Cally MD5
Putter: PXG Mini Gunboat H

Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone want to play a game where we all pick the date of the first BST listing?

 

i do not say that because I expect it to be poor, I actually expect it to be excellent. Someone is just going to order without being fit, see no improvement and sell it. 

  • Like 1

Driver: Ping G410 LST (Diamana ZF)
5w:  Titleist TS2 (Ventus Blue)
3H: Titleist 818 H2 (Ventus Blue HB)
or 3i: Cobra King Utility 21* (Tour AD DI)
4-P: PXG 0311T (KBS $-Taper)
Wedges: 51* Edel TRP, 55* Edel DVR, 60* Cally MD5
Putter: PXG Mini Gunboat H

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Paul Helle said:

I was fit for a TS3 and just got fit for the TiS3. Picked up an average of 6 mph ball speed. It is every bit as pretty as you could imagine and sounds fantastic. The adjustable weight on the back was great to be able to fine tune my Fitting and get it dialed in. 


👀
 

 

Edited by Stetson
  • Haha 1

Driver: Ping G410 LST (Diamana ZF)
5w:  Titleist TS2 (Ventus Blue)
3H: Titleist 818 H2 (Ventus Blue HB)
or 3i: Cobra King Utility 21* (Tour AD DI)
4-P: PXG 0311T (KBS $-Taper)
Wedges: 51* Edel TRP, 55* Edel DVR, 60* Cally MD5
Putter: PXG Mini Gunboat H

Link to post
Share on other sites

I was at a course here in Kansas and as we were getting ready to warm up and the Titleist rep started setting up.  I was so excited, but then found out they were fitting their club pros and it would be about a month until they did regular joes fitting. 😞

Edited by oldhamer25

917 D3 8.5 Xphlexx Agera Orange RF Proto
SLDR Mini 12 Evo Speeder TS 757x
SLDR Mini 15.8 Rogue Black 110 80TX
Srixon 765 4-6 PX LZ 6.0
Srixon 965 7-PW PX LZ 6.0
Mizuno T7 50 PX LZ 6.0
Vokey TVD 54V & 58V
Bettinardi Studio Stock 14 or Odyssey O-works 7

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Stetson said:

Anyone want to play a game where we all pick the date of the first BST listing?

 

i do not say that because I expect it to be poor, I actually expect it to be excellent. Someone is just going to order without being fit, see no improvement and sell it. 

I’ll take the over and 8 days after release date or at least one w/e after 😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, therealjonzone said:

Tensei Raw White and Blue

HZRDUS Smoke RDX

Kuro Kage Black

 

Thank you! Are the Tensei Raw's the real deal ones or made-for versions? I haven't looked at shafts in a long time, but I have a Pro Orange and Pro White 2 years ago and seemed to like them. I also have a Pro Blue in my hybrid and it seems to do the job. The only thing I am concerned with is dropping a decent chunk on the driver only to have to spend another $200 on a solid shaft. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, UnderPar18 said:

 

Thank you! Are the Tensei Raw's the real deal ones or made-for versions? I haven't looked at shafts in a long time, but I have a Pro Orange and Pro White 2 years ago and seemed to like them. I also have a Pro Blue in my hybrid and it seems to do the job. The only thing I am concerned with is dropping a decent chunk on the driver only to have to spend another $200 on a solid shaft. 

 

There are two different versions of the raw, both of which are "real".  The R, S and X flex are $260 retail, the TX is $360 retail.  The TX will not be available as a no-charge option. So it is up to you to decide if the R/S/X options are "real deal" or "Made For".  They absolutely are retail shafts that you can buy at People's Clubs, JDs, etc... but they are also $100 cheaper than the TX version which hints at different materials, QC, or some other potential reason for the cost variance.

Driver: Ping G410 LST (Diamana ZF)
5w:  Titleist TS2 (Ventus Blue)
3H: Titleist 818 H2 (Ventus Blue HB)
or 3i: Cobra King Utility 21* (Tour AD DI)
4-P: PXG 0311T (KBS $-Taper)
Wedges: 51* Edel TRP, 55* Edel DVR, 60* Cally MD5
Putter: PXG Mini Gunboat H

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stetson said:

 

There are two different versions of the raw, both of which are "real".  The R, S and X flex are $260 retail, the TX is $360 retail.  The TX will not be available as a no-charge option. So it is up to you to decide if the R/S/X options are "real deal" or "Made For".  They absolutely are retail shafts that you can buy at People's Clubs, JDs, etc... but they are also $100 cheaper than the TX version which hints at different materials, QC, or some other potential reason for the cost variance.

Really helpful thank you for the info!

Link to post
Share on other sites

With the shafts....what I thought happens is....titleist or TM or whomever buys the design plans from fuji, from project x, from mitsubishi, and they find the cheapest shaft manufacturer they can in china to produce the design and can also decide what materials and specs go into the shafts or not...buying from a shaft dealer is always best for true spec.

PING G410 [email protected] loft (HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5)
PING G410 14.5 (HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5)
PING G410 17.5 (HZRDUS T1100 85g 6.5)
Nike vapor fly pro 2/3 Iron (HM3 105x, Modus105x HS)

Ping G410 19 Hybrid (Tensei ProWhite 100TX)

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)

52 milled grind (DGX7)  / Vokey TVD K 58 (DGX7)
TM Spider Armlock/SIK Armlock

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Deuce78 said:

With the shafts....what I thought happens is....titleist or TM or whomever buys the design plans from fuji, from project x, from mitsubishi, and they find the cheapest shaft manufacturer they can in china to produce the design and can also decide what materials and specs go into the shafts or not...buying from a shaft dealer is always best for true spec.

Nothing new with that analogy. These shafts are real deal , same shafts that can be purchased aftermarket. The days of paint scheming the “made for” bland material shafts are an afterthought for manufacturers. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Was fit yesterday along with some titleist staff members for the TSi3. Play a 7-10 yard fade typically. compared to my current gamer of mavrik SZ (9 turned down to 8*), ball speeds differences were 181 (SZ) to 186 (TSi3). Spin 2300 (SZ) and TSi3. Dispersion much tighter on TSi3. Gained approx 4 yards. Swing speed differences were 4 in favor of TSi3 but was on trackman so radar may have skewed based how it reads the different heads. Sound is pure and sets up perfect if you like slightly open to neutral. Fairway metals couldn't beat out my TM Ti SIM 3wood but very similar. 

New balls have updated dimple pattern but could not tell much of a difference between this year's version based on 18 holes of play. Should be starting to be shipped in January.

Hybrids start with fitting in late Jan and release in early Feb

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, stockmd16 said:

Was fit yesterday along with some titleist staff members for the TSi3. Play a 7-10 yard fade typically. compared to my current gamer of mavrik SZ (9 turned down to 8*), ball speeds differences were 181 (SZ) to 186 (TSi3). Spin 2300 (SZ) and TSi3. Dispersion much tighter on TSi3. Gained approx 4 yards. Swing speed differences were 4 in favor of TSi3 but was on trackman so radar may have skewed based how it reads the different heads. Sound is pure and sets up perfect if you like slightly open to neutral. Fairway metals couldn't beat out my TM Ti SIM 3wood but very similar. 

New balls have updated dimple pattern but could not tell much of a difference between this year's version based on 18 holes of play. Should be starting to be shipped in January.

Hybrids start with fitting in late Jan and release in early Feb

I'm really looking forward to hitting the TSi3 in a few weeks.  I miss the 905R head shape, and the last couple of Titleist drivers don't really fit my eye at address.  I'm surprised that they are following so quickly with hybrids.  I'd be shocked if they are that much better than the TS hybrids.  I just got a TS2 hybrid and its great, compared to my previous 915H.

Titleist TSi3 10*, Tensei AV Blue Raw 55S

Titleist TS2 16.5*, Diamana LTD S+ Blue 80S

Titleist TS2 21*, Atmos HB Tour Spec Blue 8S
Miura CB 801 4-PW, Recoil Proto 110 F4

Miura 52.06, 56.10, 60.09, Recoil Proto 125 F4
Bettinardi Inovai 6.0 Crescent Neck LH, 34"

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, CW13 said:

 

 

Is the Tensei blue raw stock shaft going to be the 55 or 65?

  •  

We had every option on their shaft matrix. I don't know which will be the "off the shelf" option but if you get fit into it then you have your choice. Looks like in years past that it has been the 55 option. Another guy who was fit along side me was fit into the 65 raw blue

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, stockmd16 said:

Was fit yesterday along with some titleist staff members for the TSi3. Play a 7-10 yard fade typically. compared to my current gamer of mavrik SZ (9 turned down to 8*), ball speeds differences were 181 (SZ) to 186 (TSi3). Spin 2300 (SZ) and TSi3. Dispersion much tighter on TSi3. Gained approx 4 yards. Swing speed differences were 4 in favor of TSi3 but was on trackman so radar may have skewed based how it reads the different heads. Sound is pure and sets up perfect if you like slightly open to neutral. Fairway metals couldn't beat out my TM Ti SIM 3wood but very similar. 

New balls have updated dimple pattern but could not tell much of a difference between this year's version based on 18 holes of play. Should be starting to be shipped in January.

Hybrids start with fitting in late Jan and release in early Feb

Out of curiosity what loft and setting was best suited for you with the sz being set to 8*

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • easyyy featured this topic
  • easyyy unfeatured this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Our picks

    • 2021 Arnold Palmer Invitational presented by MasterCard @ Bay Hill - Discussion & links
      John Augenstein WITB - 2021 Arnold Palmer Invitational
      Jason Dufner testing a new Cobra 3D printed putter - 2021 Arnold Palmer invitational
      Rickie Fowler clubs - 2021 Arnold Palmer Invitational
      Cameron T-11.5 putters - 2021 Arnold Palmer Invitational
      New LA Golf driver & putter shafts - 2021 Arnold Palmer Invitational
      Justin Rose - Axis putters - 2021 Arnold Palmer Invitational
      New UST Mamiya Dart iron shaft - 2021 Arnold Palmer Invitational
       

       
      2021 Arnold Palmer Invitational - Tuesday #1
      2021 Arnold Palmer Invitational - Tuesday #2
      2021 Arnold Palmer Invitational - Tuesday #3
      2021 Arnold Palmer Invitational - Tuesday #4
      2021 Arnold Palmer Invitational - Tuesday #5
      2021 Arnold Palmer Invitational - Tuesday #6
      2021 Arnold Palmer Invitational - Tuesday #7
      2021 Arnold Palmer Invitational - Tuesday #8
      2021 Arnold Palmer Invitational - Tuesday #9
      2021 Arnold Palmer Invitational - Tuesday #10
       

       
       
      • 13 replies
    • 2021 WGC Workday Championship @ The Concession Photos- Links & Discussion (UpDaTeD)
      Please post any questions or comments here.
       
      Links...
       
      2021 WGC Workday Championship - Tuesday #1
      2021 WGC Workday Championship - Tuesday #2
      2021 WGC Workday Championship - Tuesday #3
      2021 WGC Workday Championship - Tuesday #4
      2021 WGC Workday Championship - Tuesday #5
      2021 WGC Workday Championship - Tuesday #6
      Cameron Smith's Cameron 11.5 putter - 2021 WGC Workday Championship
      Cameron putter 2021 WGC Workday Championship
      2021 Ping putters - 2021 WGC Workday Championship
      Rory wearing new Nike Tour Victory II shoes - 2021 WGC Workday Championship
      Odyssey putters - 2021 WGC Workday Championship
       
      • 66 replies
    • 2021 AT&T Pebble Beach - discussion
      2021 AT&T Pebble Beach - Tuesday #1
      2021 AT&T Pebble Beach - Tuesday #2
       
      2021 AT&T Pebble Beach - Tuesday #3
       
      2021 AT&T Pebble Beach - Tuesday #4
       
      2021 AT&T Pebble Beach - Tuesday #5
       
      2021 AT&T Pebble Beach - Tuesday #6
       
      2021 AT&T Pebble Beach - Tuesday #7
       
      2021 AT&T Pebble Beach - Tuesday #8
       
      2021 AT&T Pebble Beach - Tuesday #9

      Ryan Moore with Axis 1 putter @ 2021 AT&T PB
       
       
       
      Please post any questions and comments here
      • 59 replies
    • 2021 Waste Management Phoenix Open - Discussion
      General galleries
      2021 Waste Management Phoenix Open - Tuesday #1
      2021 Waste Management Phoenix Open - Tuesday #2
      2021 Waste Management Phoenix Open - Tuesday #3
      2021 Waste Management Phoenix Open - Tuesday #4
      Monday Qualifier for Waste Management Open 
      Special galleries
       
      Ping PLD putters - 2021 WMPO Scott Brown with MMT graphite shafts in his ProTo Concept irons - 2021 WMPO TaylorMade putter cover from 2021 Waste Management Phoenix Open New Srixon golf balls - 2021 WMPO Bettinardi putters & cover - 2021 Waste Management Phoenix Open Cameron putters -2021 Waste Management Phoenix Open Piretti putters -2021 Waste Management Phoenix Open Cameron mallets - 2021 WMPO Odyssey 2-ball Ten - 2021 WMPO  
      Please put any questions or comments here
       
      Jason Day's Bag...
        • Like
      • 21 replies
    • 2021 FARMERS WITB & Equipment Photos- Links and comments
      We are back on the ground at the 2021 Farmers PGA Tour event. Please add you comments in this thread. Here are links to all the galleries:
       
      Special galleries:
      2021 Farmers - Tuesday #1
      2021 Farmers - Tuesday #2
      2021 Farmers - Tuesday #3
      2021 Farmers - Tuesday #4
      2021 Farmers - Tuesday #5
       
      2021 Farmers - Tuesday #6
       
      2021 Farmers - Tuesday #7
       
      Cameron putters - Farmers 2021
       
      Odyssey 2-ball Ten - Farmers 2021
       
      Project X Even Flow RipTide MX & LX proto shafts - Framers 2021
       
      TaylorMade putter cover for Torrey Pines - Farmers 2021
       
      Sling Shot training aid - Farmers 2021
       
       
      • 47 replies

×
×
  • Create New...