Titleist TSi 2 & TSi 3 driver and 3 woods - 2020 Safeway Open

13 minutes ago, geakins said:

It looks like it is a pretty deep face for modern drivers. That may be why they have shaved a few more rpms from center the higher strikes. For me I can put the weight on the toe side like my SIM and still get a stable flight...

Wait my SIM just heard me talking about another driver!.......No honey I said I just wanted to meet the TSI3 that’s all!! 

sorry gotta run! Lol

I had to jailbreak my sim. I have the standard weight in the middle and 5 gram weight out in the toe.. boom..

• Like 1

Driver: Titleist TSi3 Ventus blue 7X

3 wood: Titleist Tsi3 16.5 Haz RDX black 70 X flex

& Wood: Titleist TSi2 Ventus Red 9X
Taylormade Gapr low 2 ventus blue 9x
4-PW Cobra king forged CB KBS $ Taper 130 X flex
Wedges 50, 54, 60 Cleveland ZIPCORE
PUTTER; Kronos release long neck
BALL; Bridgestone BX, OR Taylomade TP5x PIX

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A guy goes to a Titleist fitting at their facility, gets fit into a stick by their expert. Goes home and changes the driver settings quite a bit (9.75* to 8.25*). He says he is hitting quality shots h

You know you have a problem when your local golf shop calls you on your cell to tell you that the rep is there with the new sticks and to come right away to hit it!! I got that call today that the Tit

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, therealjonzone said:

Move on please.

Oh Sorry I wont talk about titleist Tsi shaft offerings in the titleist Tsi thread anymore.  My bad.

PING G410 [email protected] loft (HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5)
PING G410 14.5 (HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5)
PING G410 17.5 (HZRDUS T1100 85g 6.5)
Nike vapor fly pro 2/3 Iron (HM3 105x, Modus105x HS)

Ping G410 19 Hybrid (Tensei ProWhite 100TX)

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)

52 milled grind (DGX7)  / Vokey TVD K 58 (DGX7)
TM Spider Armlock/SIK Armlock

Had my fitting today at Modern Golf in Calgary. After baseline and some tinkering we threw away all the stock shafts that the Titleist rep. showed up with. I'm not a fan of the shaft offerings with this driver. They just felt loose.

So my fitter (Jeremy) pulled a few from the Pro Stock wall and I went through some Accra stuff and a few Graphite Design offerings. Good, but nothing really jumped out. Tried a few others and we got closer, but still nothing that I really jived with.

Enter the LA Golf Shafts TourAXS 70X. Full disclosure, I don't really want to feel the shaft do anything during the swing. Not load, not kick - nothing. I've been a Grafalloy blue X guy since the 2000's - it's just a 4x4 post with blue paint. The TourAXS was the magic wand. Stiffer than hell and flattened the ball flight right out. I literally couldn't miss with it. The TSi3 is the best looking driver on the market, it's either #1 or #2 with SIM for sound and the feel of that thing when he put the LAGP shaft in it was better than anything I've ever hit. Solid, muted but with the sensation that it's just exploding off the club face. I could go at it as hard as I wanted and I can only describe every strike (even the slight mis-hits) as unbelievably stable. I hit 20 balls with that combo in a row and I absolutely middled about 15 of them. 

Selling all my old stuff to buy this driver. If anybody wants a gently used TS3....

Edited by The Mad Bomber
  • Like 2

TSi3 8º - LAGP TOUR AXS 70X
917F3 16.5º - Grafalloy blue X
T-MB 2 iron PX 7.0
Mizuno MP-5,  4-9 C-Taper 130
SM6 47º, 52º, 56º, 60 C-Taper
Scotty Special Select Newport 2 
Left Dash -ProV1x

14 hours ago, The Mad Bomber said:

Had my fitting today at Modern Golf in Calgary. After baseline and some tinkering we threw away all the stock shafts that the Titleist rep. showed up with. I'm not a fan of the shaft offerings with this driver. They just felt loose.

So my fitter (Jeremy) pulled a few from the Pro Stock wall and I went through some Accra stuff and a few Graphite Design offerings. Good, but nothing really jumped out. Tried a few others and we got closer, but still nothing that I really jived with.

Enter the LA Golf Shafts TourAXS 70X. Full disclosure, I don't really want to feel the shaft do anything during the swing. Not load, not kick - nothing. I've been a Grafalloy blue X guy since the 2000's - it's just a 4x4 post with blue paint. The TourAXS was the magic wand. Stiffer than hell and flattened the ball flight right out. I literally couldn't miss with it. The TSi3 is the best looking driver on the market, it's either #1 or #2 with SIM for sound and the feel of that thing when he put the LAGP shaft in it was better than anything I've ever hit. Solid, muted but with the sensation that it's just exploding off the club face. I could go at it as hard as I wanted and I can only describe every strike (even the slight mis-hits) as unbelievably stable. I hit 20 balls with that combo in a row and I absolutely middled about 15 of them. 

Selling all my old stuff to buy this driver. If anybody wants a gently used TS3....

This is great to hear.  

Edited by Cruisin1966

Driver: Taylormade SIM Max 8º (8.75º) w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 65s

Fairway: Taylormade SIM Tour TI (v2) 3w @ 16.4º w/ Diamana TB 70s

Hybrid: Titleist TS3 @ 19º w/ ProjectX Hzrdus Smoke Black 90s

Irons: Miura TC-201 (4-6); MB-101 (7-PW) w/ MMT 105TX (ss*1)

Wedges: Artisan Raw @ 51º, 56º, 61º

Putter: Artisan 0117 Deep Milled

15 minutes ago, The Mad Bomber said:

what ball speed jump did you gain?

I like how you described that shaft, that’s why I like Atmos Black.
any other shafts you tested that were similar?

43 minutes ago, Deuce78 said:

Oh and I looked at the titleist site today and shaft options....meh...what's the deal with the premium shafts GD?  GD sucks in my experience most are hook machines.  And they are worse than taylormade, they come out with shafts like every 3 months.  Tour ab, tour ad 123, tour ad cuz, tour ad blah blah blah.  

Is this serious?

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Cruisin1966 said:

This is great (and disappointing) to hear.  Great you found something that works, disappointing that they can't return emails about a TSi3 fitting I asked about over a week ago.  And then when they do reply, I get this "The Titleist TSi head is not available to fit until the beginning of November unfortunately." 

Sick and tired of the B.S. in this town

I actually got an email through TeamTitleist Canada. I didn't initiate the booking. Today was for TT members that got the invite only I guess.

• Like 2

T-MB 2 iron PX 7.0
Left Dash -ProV1x

18 hours ago, therealjonzone said:

what ball speed jump did you gain?

I like how you described that shaft, that’s why I like Atmos Black.
any other shafts you tested that were similar?

Before that LAGP shaft, none. Zip. After, the ball speed went up 3 mph, but the spin came down a bit, the launch came WAY down (3º) and it just flattened out. I gained 18 freaking yards, but they were almost all on the ground.

So just to be sure, I had him put that shaft in my TS3 and it just didn't do the same thing as TSi. The new stick is a winner. And the TS3 sounds like burning garbage next to TSi

And no, I didn't feel anything similar to the TourAXS. Quite a bit boardier than Atmos Black. The closest shaft there was probably my old Grafalloy blue X

Edited by The Mad Bomber
  • Like 1

T-MB 2 iron PX 7.0
Left Dash -ProV1x

1 hour ago, QuigleyDU said:

I thought that was strange as well. It for sure is a low spin head but that seemed extreme..

I noticed today that the TXG dude was 4-5 positive on attack angle, maybe that’s why he’s such low spin. With that said I don’t know what the other youtuber’s attack angle might be. 

• Like 1

Cobra Rad Speed Peacoat 9°, HZRDUS RDX Blue 6s
TaylorMade M3 15°, HZRDUS Black 75s
Callaway XR Pro 20°, Project X LZ s
Srixon Z765 4-PW, KBS TGI 95 hs x1
Ping Glide 3.0 50° & 56° SS, KBS TGI 95 hs x1
Ping Glide 3.0 60° TS, KBS TGI 95
Ping Ketsch Armlock, BGT Stability

10 minutes ago, jas904 said:

I noticed today that the TXG dude was 4-5 positive on attack angle, maybe that’s why he’s such low spin. With that said I don’t know what the other youtuber’s attack angle might be. 

Didn’t notice that. He seemed to be struggling to get any height and was hitting it really flat..

Driver: Titleist TSi3 Ventus blue 7X

3 wood: Titleist Tsi3 16.5 Haz RDX black 70 X flex

& Wood: Titleist TSi2 Ventus Red 9X
Taylormade Gapr low 2 ventus blue 9x
4-PW Cobra king forged CB KBS $ Taper 130 X flex
Wedges 50, 54, 60 Cleveland ZIPCORE
PUTTER; Kronos release long neck
BALL; Bridgestone BX, OR Taylomade TP5x PIX

24 minutes ago, QuigleyDU said:

Didn’t notice that. He seemed to be struggling to get any height and was hitting it really flat..

That goes to show how low spinning the Ventus Blue 7X and the Black 6X really are.

Titleist 917D2 9.5* w/ Aldila X-Torsion Copper 60TX
Titleist TS2 15* w/ Tour AD MJ 8X
Titleist 915H 18* w/ Diamana S+ 90X
Titleist 716CB 3-P w/ DG AMT TI X100 SS'd
Vokey SM6 53.09*, 59.07* w/ DG TI S400
PING Anser Milled 0 34"

I noticed that Rick Shiels and Peter Finch were both using the TS3i with the Tensei AV White 60 TX. Does anyone know if the TX model will be an up charge? I'm sure Titleist is going to offer a R, S, and X but I was surprised when I saw that. I don't think both of them would have ended up in an up charge shaft when most of the newly released drivers they test have just stock shaft offerings.

Edited by ILove2Golf123
44 minutes ago, ILove2Golf123 said:

I noticed that Rick Shiels and Peter Finch were both using the TS3i with the Tensei AV White 60 TX. Does anyone know if the TX model will be an up charge? I'm sure Titleist is going to offer a R, S, and X but I was surprised when I saw that. I don't think both of them would have ended up in an up charge shaft when most of the newly released drivers they test have just stock shaft offerings.

Product sheet only lists S and X as flexes available for the AV White so TX most likely will be an upcharge

Ping G410 Plus 10.5° - Speeder EVO V 6S

Ping G410 17.5° - Atmos TS Red 7S

Srixon Z 785 3-6 - PX LZ 6.0

Srixon Z-Forged 7-PW - PX LZ 6.0

Cleveland RTX 4 50° Mid, 54° Mid, 60° Low - S400 TI

Gamer Putters Arizonian Players Blade - 335g, 34"

Bridgestone Tour B X

4 hours ago, Yoshifan151 said:

Product sheet only lists S and X as flexes available for the AV White so TX most likely will be an upcharge

The TX retails $100 above the S & X, yes it will be an upcharge

Driver: Ping G410 LST (Diamana ZF)
5w:  Titleist TS2 (Ventus Blue)
3H: Titleist 818 H2 (Ventus Blue HB)
or 3i: Cobra King Utility 21* (Tour AD DI)
4-P: PXG 0311T (KBS $-Taper)
Wedges: 51* Edel TRP, 55* Edel DVR, 60* Cally MD5
Putter: PXG Mini Gunboat H

These drivers look great. However, I just saw the pricing in Canada, which is an eye watering CAD $749.99.

Add this to the CAD $65 per dozen they charge for Pro V1s and Titleist has probably done more than any other company to drive up the cost of standard OEM equipment, and I say that as someone who likes their brand. I get that they want to be exclusive, but $750 for a driver is a piss take. 

Edited by MMB1500
  • Sad 1
12 minutes ago, MMB1500 said:

These drivers look great. However, I just saw the pricing in Canada, which is an eye watering CAD $749.99.

Add this to the CAD $65 per dozen they charge for Pro V1s and Titleist has probably done more than any other company to drive up the cost of standard OEM equipment, and I say that as someone who likes their brand. I get that they want to be exclusive, but $750 for a driver is a piss take. 

I know it won’t make you feel any better but it is actually cheaper to buy the TSi for $749 (inc GST/HST/PST/QST) in Canada than it is in buy it in the states for $550 (plus tax). 

Edited by Stetson

5 minutes ago, MMB1500 said:

They’ll be $550 in the US (same as SIM). 

That’s approx 730 CAD depending on what day it is, so CAD 750 is basically the same price as it will sell for in the US. Same story with the Pro V1s. 

Pricing is similar in Australia at AUD 779 which also comes back to about the same price as the US. 

You can argue that premium drivers are too expensive from all manufacturers, but Titleist are pricing them consistently across markets. 

8 hours ago, jas904 said:

8 hours ago, QuigleyDU said:

7 hours ago, pdaero said:

That goes to show how low spinning the Ventus Blue 7X and the Black 6X really are.

I wouldn't attribute that to the shafts unfortunately. Matt has long been extremely low spin due to lower delivered loft despite his positive AoA. It's kind of like a DJ sort of thing and why he uses 10*+ drivers. Matt struggles with low CG, lower spinning heads because of this (the TS3 was a nightmare for him) and that is why he was in PING for so long. 

Edited by Valtiel
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Taylormade SIM 10.5* Diamana X'17 70TX 
Taylormade SIM Ti V2 15* Kuro Kage XD 80TX || Taylormade SIM Ti Tour Issue 16* Kuro Kage 80XTS
Taylormade SIM Max 18.5* Tensei Pro White 90TX || Taylormade M5 19* Tensei Pro Orange 90TX
Taylormade GAPR Lo 3 18.5* Kuro Kage 100XTS Hybrid
Taylormade RSI UDI 20* Project X PXi 7.0
Bridgestone J40 DPC 4i-7i 23*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey Mild Raw 8620 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot || Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Pro Platinum

Was on Titleist website is it true the Raw Blue 65TX is a no upcharge shaft? Didn’t have any markings next to it in stock offerings. 

TSi3 8 Diamana D+ 70TX

Ts3 15.75 Diamana BF 80TX 

ZX Utility 18* ADDI 95X

4-PW ZX7 CTaper 130x 1 degree weak

SM8 50.12 at 51 KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 135x
SM7 54.08 at 56 KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 135x

RTX ZipCore 60 KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 125

Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2.5 with Stability Shaft

Srixon XV 

9 minutes ago, Valtiel said:

I wouldn't attribute that to the shafts unfortunately. Matt has long been extremely low spin due to lower delivered loft despite his positive AoA. It's kind of like a DJ sort of thing and why he uses 10*+ drivers. Matt struggles with low CG, lower spinning heads because of this (the TS3 was a nightmare for him) and that is why he was in PING for so long. 

Thanks for the reply!!! Darn, I was really hoping Titleist had done something new and aggressive with their stock shaft offerings. I saw they were trying to push the Graphite Design Shafts as premium options that supposedly are $200 up charges. Is that different than their standard up charge price for something like a Ventus Black or another premium shaft? I feel like $200 is kind of a standard price for an up charge shaft so I don't see how it's a deal or anything? If they had done something like a $100 up charge for the Graphite Design Shafts listed exclusively then it would have been kind of innovative and enticing. That kind of edge can make a difference when customers are deciding between other OEM's. I always end up in an aftermarket shaft so any kind of savings on the premium shaft helps big time!!! 

Edited by ILove2Golf123
25 minutes ago, ILove2Golf123 said:

Thanks for the reply!!! Darn, I was really hoping Titleist had done something new and aggressive with their stock shaft offerings. I saw they were trying to push the Graphite Design Shafts as premium options that supposedly are $200 up charges. Is that different than their standard up charge price for something like a Ventus Black or another premium shaft? I feel like $200 is kind of a standard price for an up charge shaft so I don't see how it's a deal or anything? If they had done something like a $100 up charge for the Graphite Design Shafts listed exclusively then it would have been kind of innovative and enticing. That kind of edge can make a difference when customers are deciding between other OEM's. I always end up in an aftermarket shaft so any kind of savings on the premium shaft helps big time!!! 

I looked at the order I had back in early 2019 for a TS2 and the GD AD DI was a $250 upcharge.  So $200 upcharge for a GD shaft is relatively good.  These shafts are still listed at $500 MSRP from the distributor.... 

Edited by dwboston

Titleist TSi3 10*, Tensei AV Blue Raw 55S

Titleist TS2 16.5*, Diamana LTD S+ Blue 80S

Titleist TS2 21*, Atmos HB Tour Spec Blue 8S
Miura CB 801 4-PW, Recoil Proto 110 F4

Miura 52.06, 56.10, 60.09, Recoil Proto 125 F4
Bettinardi Inovai 6.0 Crescent Neck LH, 34"

1 hour ago, Stetson said:

I know it won’t make you feel any better but it is actually cheaper to buy the TSi for $749 (inc GST/HST/PST/QST) in Canada than it is in buy it in the states for $550 (plus tax). 

I take your point. I wasn't trying to imply that Canada was specifically being gouged, just that prices of equipment are getting to absurd levels.

Also, here the $750 price doesn't include sales tax so, at least in Ontario, you're looking at $847.48 all in. For a driver. 

2 hours ago, Stetson said:

The TX retails $100 above the S & X, yes it will be an upcharge

Is the Tensei White TX actually stiffer than the X or just "higher quality", whatever that means?

915D3 8.5* Aldila Synergy Blue 70TX
915F 15* Diamana B80X, 18* Diamana D+LTD 80X
716MB 4-PW X100
SM6 52F TVD 56K/60M S400
Bullseye Flange

47 minutes ago, MMB1500 said:

I take your point. I wasn't trying to imply that Canada was specifically being gouged, just that prices of equipment are getting to absurd levels.

Also, here the $750 price doesn't include sales tax so, at least in Ontario, you're looking at $847.48 all in. For a driver. 

Oh, that is not ideal. A 13% hit is tough. Might be worth calling the states and finding someone to ship it your way. I recommend starting with a place in Oregon and seeing if they can make that happen. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LeftyMatt24 said:

Was on Titleist website is it true the Raw Blue 65TX is a no upcharge shaft? Didn’t have any markings next to it in stock offerings. 

I saw that as well and chalked it up to an error but you never know...

TSi3 TS3 3 Wood | 915H 2 | 718 T-MB 3, Miura CB-1008 4-PW | Vokey SM6 52, SM8 58 | Byron DH89 LongNeck

• easyyy featured this topic
  • easyyy unfeatured this topic