Titleist TSi 2 & TSi 3 driver and 3 woods - 2020 Safeway Open

25 minutes ago, MMB1500 said:

Wowsers. I hope it works for you. After spending that much, be sure to share some pictures here at least. What shaft did you end up with? 

LA Golf TOUR AXS 70X. Just the stiffest feeling shaft I've ever hit. I didn't order the head yet. The divorce would be too expensive.

TSi3 8º - LAGP TOUR AXS 70X
917F3 16.5º - Grafalloy blue X
T-MB 2 iron PX 7.0
Mizuno MP-5,  4-9 C-Taper 130
SM6 47º, 52º, 56º, 60 C-Taper
Scotty Special Select Newport 2 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A guy goes to a Titleist fitting at their facility, gets fit into a stick by their expert. Goes home and changes the driver settings quite a bit (9.75* to 8.25*). He says he is hitting quality shots h

You know you have a problem when your local golf shop calls you on your cell to tell you that the rep is there with the new sticks and to come right away to hit it!! I got that call today that the Tit

Posted Images

42 minutes ago, The Mad Bomber said:

LA Golf TOUR AXS 70X. Just the stiffest feeling shaft I've ever hit. I didn't order the head yet. The divorce would be too expensive.

Can you post or DM me the URL for this shaft I cant find it.  LA GOLF website is terrible.  So was Matrix golf site.  Probably the same guys running the website....anyways I prefer stout shafts and would like to check this out.  I found some retailer with like a red or blue AXS but not sure exactly which one you are talking about.  Thanks.  Looking at stout titleist options I think maybe the atmos black 7x or the hzrdus green are going to be the stoutest.  Never really caught on with the kiyoshis.  And the hzrdus yellow can play pretty stout too.  A lotta high torque stock options which I am going to avoid...

PING G410 [email protected] loft (HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5)
PING G410 14.5 (HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5)
PING G410 17.5 (HZRDUS T1100 85g 6.5)
Nike vapor fly pro 2/3 Iron (HM3 105x, Modus105x HS)

Ping G410 19 Hybrid (Tensei ProWhite 100TX)

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)

52 milled grind (DGX7)  / Vokey TVD K 58 (DGX7)
TM Spider Armlock/SIK Armlock

4 minutes ago, Deuce78 said:

Can you post or DM me the URL for this shaft I cant find it.  LA GOLF website is terrible.  So was Matrix golf site.  Probably the same guys running the website....anyways I prefer stout shafts and would like to check this out.  I found some retailer with like a red or blue AXS but not sure exactly which one you are talking about.  Thanks.  Looking at stout titleist options I think maybe the atmos black 7x or the hzrdus green are going to be the stoutest.  Never really caught on with the kiyoshis.  And the hzrdus yellow can play pretty stout too.  A lotta high torque stock options which I am going to avoid...

Their site is TERRIBLE. The AXS BLUE is their "Low/Low" shaft and it's the one I was hitting. I found it to be waaaay more stable than anything the Titleist guy brought. It's a bit of work, but it just wouldn't go left

T-MB 2 iron PX 7.0

14 minutes ago, btyh said:

Have you tried the Aldila rip alpha 70 x? Has the same amount of tourqe and most likely less than half the price of la

Yep. I found the LAGP to be boardier than just about anything else and that's my jam.

• Like 1

T-MB 2 iron PX 7.0

Was hoping they'd still have PX EF White for the fairway I really thought it performed well for me

Titleist TSi3 8 deg - Mitsubishi Diamana DF 70TX

Titleist TSi3 15 deg - Project X Even Flow T1100 White 85 6.5

Titleist 816 H2 19 deg - Mitsubishi Diamana D+ 90X

Titleist T200 4 - Project X 6.5

Titleist T100 5-PW - Project X 6.5

Vokey SM8 Jet Black 50.12 F, 54.10 S, 58.08 M - TT DG TI Black Onyx S400

Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

9 hours ago, btyh said:

Have you tried the Aldila rip alpha 70 x? Has the same amount of tourqe and most likely less than half the price of la

Well that wouldn’t be a very WRX thing to do to suggest a 10 year old shaft LOL

• Haha 1

Cobra SpeedZone Pars & Stripes 9.0 Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue S 45.5”

PONDERING: Ventus Red 60x, Aldila RIP 60x, HZRDUS RDX Blue 60TX

Tour Edge EXS 220 13.5 HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 6.5
Ben Hogan VKTR+ 18 UST Recoil ES 95 F5 X 

New Level NLU-01 21 Nippon Modus Pro 120X 1 Flat
Mizuno JPX 921 Forged 5-GW Nippon Modus Pro 120X 1 Flat

PONDERING: Fourteen DJ4 54

TaylorMade Hi Toe 58 ATV

Rife Phenom.Z 34”
Mizuno K1 Lo 2021 Blue/Red
On 10/16/2020 at 6:49 AM, MMB1500 said:

These drivers look great. However, I just saw the pricing in Canada, which is an eye watering CAD $749.99.

Add this to the CAD $65 per dozen they charge for Pro V1s and Titleist has probably done more than any other company to drive up the cost of standard OEM equipment, and I say that as someone who likes their brand. I get that they want to be exclusive, but $750 for a driver is a piss take. 

Feel your pain brother. $847 taxes in. Looks like I'll have one in the bag in about 2 years when the product cycle completes. Realistically though, I could easily stay with the TS3, or even go back to my 917d3, (which sounds much better). 

• Like 1

Titleist TS3 9.5d. 

Titleist 917f3 13.5d. 

Titleist 818h2 17d. 

WIlson Staff C300 forged 4-pw

Srixon U-85 20d. 

Scratch 8620 53d. 

Odyssey white hot pro

1 hour ago, btyh said:

I know haha but low tourqe shafts are hard to come buy, especially sub 3's

Oh God, the Grafalloy I just replaced was 14 years old lol

• Like 1

T-MB 2 iron PX 7.0

On 10/14/2020 at 2:59 PM, jjrussell12 said:

Just set my fitting for next Thursday 😬

I did mine yesterday. Snapped the shaft on my trusty Ping G15 last month so I figured what they heck, let’s get a new driver.

I hit everything, and the day before my fitting the store got the TSi series in. After I hit the TSi3 and it was all over. The feel off the face was so nice. I had a giddy smile  whenever I hit it bang on.

Best numbers came with the stock smoke rdx shaft (6.5 flex). I figured the TSi2 would be more my style, but it was spinning too much. 

FWIW, my SS is 101-103 mph and I’m a mid handicapper (another reason I thought the TSi3 wasn’t for me). The Sim was next in line for feel/sound, but I felt much better looking down at the Titleist.

Best of luck on the fitting. I was shocked I came out of it with the TSi3 as my first choice. Pricey for sure, but if it’s as trusty as my old G15, it’ll be with me for a solid 10 years.

I did mine yesterday. Snapped the shaft on my trusty Ping G15 last month so I figured what they heck, let’s get a new driver.

I hit everything, and the day before my fitting the store got the TSi series in. After I hit the TSi3 and it was all over. The feel off the face was so nice. I had a giddy smile  whenever I hit it bang on.

Best numbers came with the stock smoke rdx shaft (6.5 flex). I figured the TSi2 would be more my style, but it was spinning too much. 

FWIW, my SS is 101-103 mph and I’m a mid handicapper (another reason I thought the TSi3 wasn’t for me). The Sim was next in line for feel/sound, but I felt much better looking down at the Titleist.

Best of luck on the fitting. I was shocked I came out of it with the TSi3 as my first choice. Pricey for sure, but if it’s as trusty as my old G15, it’ll be with me for a solid 10 years.

5 minutes ago, beaner25 said:

6.5 flex is a bit stout for your SS, no?  The 6.0 in that shaft profile may actually be a lot better for you.

• Like 1

Titleist TSi2 10, Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore 6X, 45"

Titleist TSi2 16.5, Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore 7X, 43"

TaylorMade GAPR Mid 4, KBS

Titleist T100S, KBS C-Taper S+ 5-PW

Titleist SM8, 50F, 54S, 60D, TT S400 Custom 

Scotty Cameron Phantom X12, 35", Stability Tour

[url="https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/"]https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/[/url]

I was able to hit the TSI2/3 yesterday I was in my work clothes and work boots so wasn't ideal but here are my thoughts, the TSI2 is super forgiving with a tinny sound compared to the 3, the 2 had the tensi blue in it and the 3 had the black smoke in it I definitely prefer the shape of the 3 I'm looking forward to getting properly fit into 

this club .

Edited by alpineto
19 hours ago, snapier said:

As well as the AV Blue Raw 65

Kuro Kage Black DC 5G SFW

Model Flex Weight Torque Launch
50 R2 47g 7.4° Mid/High
  R 49g 7.3° Mid/High
  S 50g 6.4° Mid/High
  X 54g 5.5° Mid/High
55 R2 52g 6.4° Mid/High
  R 54g 5.9° Mid/High
  S 56g 5.1° Mid/High
  X 58g 4.4° Mid/High

Tensei AV Blue RAW 55/65

Tensei AV Blue RAW SFW

Model Flex Weight Torque Launch
55 R2 55g 5.5° Mid
  R 57g 5.4° Mid
  S 58g 4.9° Mid
  X 62g 4.6° Mid
65 R 65g 4.4° Mid
  S 67g 3.9° Mid
  X 68g 3.4° Mid
  TX 69g 3.6° Low/Mid

I think this is a typo, 65 should be non SFW. According to True Temper homepage they don’t even offer 65 SFW. 

4 hours ago, DNice26 said:

6.5 flex is a bit stout for your SS, no?  The 6.0 in that shaft profile may actually be a lot better for you 

That was my initial thought as well.

I didn’t even look at the flex in the beginning (just relied on the fitter to give me what he figured would work). He did start with the 6.0 but wanted to try me with the 6.5. Once we went over the data, the dispersion was a little better with the 6.5. Not an appreciable difference in distance. I have a fairly quick tempo so maybe that helped?

I also got some swings up to 106/107 so I’m on the edge I presume.

I also have zero idea if these shafts are “made for” or the real thing. Didn’t even think to ask :s. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, beaner25 said:

That was my initial thought as well.

I didn’t even look at the flex in the beginning (just relied on the fitter to give me what he figured would work). He did start with the 6.0 but wanted to try me with the 6.5. Once we went over the data, the dispersion was a little better with the 6.5. Not an appreciable difference in distance. I have a fairly quick tempo so maybe that helped?

I also got some swings up to 106/107 so I’m on the edge I presume.

I also have zero idea if these shafts are “made for” or the real thing. Didn’t even think to ask :s. 

All of the shafts they are using are aftermarket. They aren’t using “made for” anymore. 

10 hours ago, MH2 said:

I’m in the same boat being in Northern Alberta, this stretch is the hardest time for my wallet every year 

Where in the North are you?

T-MB 2 iron PX 7.0

Went to the local retail shop. They did not have them in. Said they were expecting the fitting stuff any time between now and 2 weeks from now which is an eternity in golfwrx time. 

Tsi3 9* Ventus Black 6S
TSi2 13.5*  Tensei Pro White 70tx
SIM 5 wood Tensei White 70x
PING G410 hybrid *22 Accra TZ5 95 M4
PING i210 5-PW MMT 105tx
PING Glide 3.0 50, 56ss
TW11 60
Newport 2 

Unfortunately, I am not going to be able to try shafts before I order.  I get a great deal from my pro buddy and I have to place my order when he places his initial order.  

My SS is around 112 on the course.  Have always played X and have been fitted a million times into X shafts.  I get along better with slightly heavier shafts, 70+ grams, usually high 70's work best for me.

I have a AD BB 7X in my Ts3 now.  I also have a HZRDUS Smoke X with a Titleist adapter on it that came in the Ts3, that I was actually fit into but the fitter didn't have that many X shafts for me to try.

I would like to get a Tensei White or Blue TX, but I can't figure out which are going to be upcharges and which are stock?  Any idea if the AV Raw Blue 65 TX is an error or not, or if the White TX will also be no upcharge?

Titleist TS3 10.5 Graphite Design BB 70X
Titleist TS2 15* HZRDUS X
Callaway Super Hybrid 20* Tensei Orange X
Ping i210 4-U X100
Ping Glide 3.0 56* & 60* S400 Half Moon Grind
LAB Blad B2
ProV1

• easyyy featured this topic