Titleist TSi 2 & TSi 3 driver and 3 woods - 2020 Safeway Open

pga43

5 hours ago, Lemonde said:

There is going to be such a run on TX shafts from WRX members alone given no upcharge LOL

Yeah my preference is for a low/low shaft like the Whiteboard but I'm playing a Synergy Blue 70TX which is mid/low and very similar to the AV Blue. I'm happy to save a little weight with the 65TX as well.

915D3 8.5* Aldila Synergy Blue 70TX
915F 15* Diamana B-Series 80X, 18* Grafalloy Epic T90X
716MB 4-PW X100
SM6 52F TVD 56K/60M S400
Bullseye Flange

I made an appointment for the Tsi3 but my fitter told me to wait for the 4...I may still order a 3...either way I'd probably be in the hzrdus green TX or raw white TX....hmmm....I am swearing off taylormade woods forever...(but i cant give up the p7tw irons!)  Oh I can now guess the next TM woods coming out as I type this... sorry stay on topic.  Loving what titleist is doing with Tsi so far!

• Like 1

PING G410 9 Flat(HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5/Ventus Black 7x)
PING G410 14.5 (HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5)
PING G425 LST 14.5 (Speeder Tour Spec 7.2x)

PING G410 17.5 (HZRDUS T1100 85g 6.5)

NIKE Vapor Fly 20* Iron (Modus105x HS)

PING i500 20* iron (DG105x100)

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)

52 milled grind (DGX7)  / Vokey TVD K 58 (DGX7)
TM Spider Armlock/SIK Armlock

On 10/15/2020 at 3:47 PM, QuigleyDU said:

No idea.. Just looks like the tour green to me.. Could 100% be wrong.. 

New version of Tour Green and Tour Blue have been floating around as tour only for over a year now I think. Kinser for example a old Tour Green guy has been in and out of the new version. Some of the Taylormade new driver videos you can see Rahm another old Tour Green guy testing new Tour Green. 

Edit: looks like it was answered already.

Edited by DaltonSTL

On 10/19/2020 at 7:22 AM, TrueWRX said:

Its funny him and Shiels seem to always show no gains with new drivers then TXG is usually the opposite.  TXG coming out with TS vs TSi tomorrow I believe 

TXG.jpg.95438adea9aa9d7bcb5bf4d671947939.jpg

DRIVERS (TBD):  PXG BLACK OPS TOUR 8*,  BLACK OPS TOUR 10.5*,  BLACK OPS STD 8*;  Vanquish 4TX / Diamana WB 53x / GD AD-VF 5s / Ventus TR Black 5x / HZRDUS G4 Black 6.0 / Kaili White, Blue, Red 60x / Tensei AV Raw White/Blue 65x / Diamana S+ 60x

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

PXG GEN5 0311X, Black Label Elite, 22*, Accra TZFive, 105DI, M5

PXG 0317T, Xtreme Dark, 4 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG  GEN0311XP, Double Black, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

35 minutes ago, BirdieBob said:

TXG.jpg.95438adea9aa9d7bcb5bf4d671947939.jpg

1.5 mph. What is interesting is the tsi3 had 1 degree lower launch even though dynamic loft was 3 degrees higher. Major cg shift? They go on to say that the tsi will be right there with SIM, g410, mavrik in terms of speed, and that TS was regarded as a tad bit slower than those. 

12 minutes ago, Red4282 said:

1.5 mph. What is interesting is the tsi3 had 1 degree lower launch even though dynamic loft was 3 degrees higher. Major cg shift? They go on to say that the tsi will be right there with SIM, g410, mavrik in terms of speed, and that TS was regarded as a tad bit slower than those. 

The guy on txg still wasn't truly fit for the tsi3. They stated he needs a 10 over the 9 due to his spin rates. Im sure testing the 10 ts3 vs tsi3 there would have been a bigger difference 

4 hours ago, Deuce78 said:

I made an appointment for the Tsi3 but my fitter told me to wait for the 4...I may still order a 3...either way I'd probably be in the hzrdus green TX or raw white TX....hmmm....I am swearing off taylormade woods forever...(but i cant give up the p7tw irons!)  Oh I can now guess the next TM woods coming out as I type this... sorry stay on topic.  Loving what titleist is doing with Tsi so far!

I'm curious why you're swearing off TM woods? I say that because I've basically done the same thing. They're great clubs but the two I've owned, I couldn't hit for toffee. I'd even been fit for the second one and I ended up hating it! Lol.

By contrast I've used a fair few Titleist drivers and they've all been solid, despite them being "self-fit". Maybe it's a mental thing. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, btyh said:

The guy on txg still wasn't truly fit for the tsi3. They stated he needs a 10 over the 9 due to his spin rates. Im sure testing the 10 ts3 vs tsi3 there would have been a bigger difference 

Yes, ball speed wouldnt have been as high as well. More loft=less ball speed

32 minutes ago, Red4282 said:

Yes, ball speed wouldnt have been as high as well. More loft=less ball speed

AoA was 3+ down and we're talking variable ball speed but could optimize carry and roll. I would say we'd certainly see some measurable differences in the 10 vs the 9 with his swing characteristics. Do you agree? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, golffeen007 said:

AoA was 3+ down and we're talking variable ball speed but could optimize carry and roll. I would say we'd certainly see some measurable differences in the 10 vs the 9 with his swing characteristics. Do you agree? 

spin would kick up prob 200 rpm, launch up half a degree or so, ball speed might drop 0.5mph. So maybe, 3-4 yards longer for a 120 mph swing, based on that test. The cg differences might be the bigger story.

Edited by Red4282
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, MMB1500 said:

I'm curious why you're swearing off TM woods? I say that because I've basically done the same thing. They're great clubs but the two I've owned, I couldn't hit for toffee. I'd even been fit for the second one and I ended up hating it! Lol.

By contrast I've used a fair few Titleist drivers and they've all been solid, despite them being "self-fit". Maybe it's a mental thing. 

I've been in the same boat, Titleist all the way but I knew it wasn't the longest. bought a Taylormade m5 in December and I got my highest ball speeds and longest distance ever but it just wasn't accurate at all. Titleist ts3 has been my longest driver yet but I wasn't a fan on the shallow face and shape at address but I was very contestant on shot dispersion. I pre ordered the tsi3 solely on looks. Every thing else is just going to be a bonus for me at this point. I enjoy golf better in the fairway over rough or woods. 

Edited by btyh
  • Like 1

Well I really hate tell y’all this but the Tensei raw TX is not going to be available at all till after the first of the year if at all! I just found this out after placing an order with DDs. 

-Taylormade BRNR 11.5* set at 9.5* Ventus Red TR 7X playing 44.25”
-Mizuno STz 230 hybrid 16* set at 15* Ventus Blue 8X

-Mizuno STz 230 hybrid 19* Ventus Blue 9X

-Mizuno JPX 923 Forged4&5, Tour 6-PW Project X LS 6.5
-Titleist Vokey SM9 50F set to 51*, 56D, & 62M set to 61*

-Mizuno M-Craft OMOI Type 1 Blue Putter

2 minutes ago, jetmech879 said:

Well I really hate tell y’all this but the Tensei raw TX is not going to be available at all till after the first of the year if at all! I just found this out after placing an order with DDs. 

Saw that too. Almost cringed when I heard the white TX was going to be a no upcharge option but could possibly be first of the year. I placed my order last week for the white X  because my impatience , when it comes to golf gear , is not a virtue! 🙃 But I do build everything in my bag and enjoy self fitting. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, btyh said:

I've been in the same boat, Titleist all the way but It wasn't its not the longest. bought a Taylormade m5 in December and I got my highest ball speeds and longest distance ever but it just wasn't accurate at all. Titleist ts3 has been my longest driver yet but I wasn't a fan on the shallow face and shape at address but I was very contestant on shot dispersion. I pre ordered the tsi3 solely on looks. Every thing else is just going to be a bonus for me at this point. I enjoy golf better in the fairway over rough or woods. 

All to well understand. Left for greener grass with the SIM too , fast ball speeds and long as h*** but wasn't as consistent as my TS3 / Ventus black. Gave up a few yards but rather have a PW in the fairway vs a wedge in the rough!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, jetmech879 said:

I heard from my regional rep for Titleist that Raw White TX available in January at no upcharge, but is available as an upcharge now.

hmm

16 hours ago, MrShield said:

Someone stated new TSi hybrids will show up already beginning next year and not together with the new iron release. 

Any truth in that statement? Anyone knows?

TSi hybrids will be fit at the end of january. delivered in february. TS product is basically non-existent in china from a manufacturing standpoint so they decided to just move it up due to no new TS product available currently

Have played with my new TSi3 for the last 2 days/rounds. Previously fit 2 weeks ago with titleist staff and other TSi influencers. Fit into 6x Ventus Black and TSi3. previously gamed all major brand drivers this year. This is a combination of them all. You can certainly make a case that mavrik SZ and SIM could be faster. Ping g410 could be more forgiving. But nothing combines it quite like this. Played my first 2 rounds with it and still haven't missed a fairway on a tight course. Trackman confirms the previous fit numbers at BS 186-187, spin 2200-2300 and have been a few places on our course that I didn't think I could place the ball. Proper spin if you actually want to play golf. Good luck in your fits. You won't be disappointed 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, stockmd16 said:

Have played with my new TSi3 for the last 2 days/rounds. Previously fit 2 weeks ago with titleist staff and other TSi influencers. Fit into 6x Ventus Black and TSi3. previously gamed all major brand drivers this year. This is a combination of them all. You can certainly make a case that mavrik SZ and SIM could be faster. Ping g410 could be more forgiving. But nothing combines it quite like this. Played my first 2 rounds with it and still haven't missed a fairway on a tight course. Trackman confirms the previous fit numbers at BS 186-187, spin 2200-2300 and have been a few places on our course that I didn't think I could place the ball. Proper spin if you actually want to play golf. Good luck in your fits. You won't be disappointed 

Very impressive numbers and to stay in the fairway. Best wishes to that. I hope I can see 165 on the 29th lol

Don't think I'll be upgrading this year, although haven't hit the TSi3 yet so it could change my mind.  I don't believe the numbers will be much different than my current gamer.  I do think it could be what replaces my 915 down the road though if the sound and feel are as good as they say.  Probably won't be able to find mint condition 915D3 heads these days.  

Taylormade Stealth + 10.5 (Mitsubishi Kai'li White 60S)

Titleist 913F 15 (Mitsubishi Diamana S+ 70)

Titleist 712U 2I (True Temper Dynamic Gold S300)

Titleist 680 MB 4-W (True Temper Dynamic Gold S300)

Titleist Vokey SM5 50,54,58 (True Temper Dynamic Gold S200)

Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5 SS

ProV1

32 minutes ago, KrazyTrain18 said:

Don't think I'll be upgrading this year, although haven't hit the TSi3 yet so it could change my mind.  I don't believe the numbers will be much different than my current gamer.  I do think it could be what replaces my 915 down the road though if the sound and feel are as good as they say.  Probably won't be able to find mint condition 915D3 heads these days.  

Have you compared numbers from 915 to 917 and ts3? Ts3 blew my 915 numbers out of the water

• Like 1

3 hours ago, therealjonzone said:

I heard from my regional rep for Titleist that Raw White TX available in January at no upcharge, but is available as an upcharge now.

hmm

That would be amazing if not just Blue 65TX but also White 65TX was no upcharge!

915D3 8.5* Aldila Synergy Blue 70TX
915F 15* Diamana B-Series 80X, 18* Grafalloy Epic T90X
716MB 4-PW X100
SM6 52F TVD 56K/60M S400
Bullseye Flange

Sorry if this has already been answered, but wading through 30 pages of posts in this thread is more time than I can devote.

To those who have already been fit and/or placed an order through your local club pro shop or off-course golf shop: Have they told you when to expect delivery? And would it be around the same time (slightly before or slightly after) availability in golf stores?

• easyyy featured this topic
  • easyyy unfeatured this topic