Titleist TSi 2 & TSi 3 driver and 3 woods - 2020 Safeway Open

pga43

1 hour ago, odshot68 said:

Just had full access to their fitting cart today with the fairway woods.   I love my driver and no desire to look elsewhere.  Moving on, I think both fairway woods are a step backwards.  They both sit up closed in standard position.  I flattened both lie angles and they still looked close.  Also, I never felt like they never felt solid.  I pulled out my TS2 15 degree and way better feel, look, and results.  Save your $$ and keep current model.

You sir just lost your WRX card! 🤣 

-Taylormade BRNR 11.5* set at 9.5* Ventus Red TR 7X playing 44.25”
-Mizuno STz 230 hybrid 16* set at 15* Ventus Blue 8X

-Mizuno STz 230 hybrid 19* Ventus Blue 9X

-Mizuno JPX 923 Forged4&5, Tour 6-PW Project X LS 6.5
-Titleist Vokey SM9 50F set to 51*, 56D, & 62M set to 61*

-Mizuno M-Craft OMOI Type 1 Blue Putter

Went for a fitting tonight at a Titleist demo day. I came in with a Cobra F9 with a Ventus VC blue 6x and a f9 tour 3 wood with a Ventus VC blue 8x. I started with my current driver and was seeing around a 1.41 smash factor and around a 105 swing speed. I have a VERY aggressive transition, violent if you will, and very steep. I also never get numbers as good as I get outdoors when I am swinging driver inside, something about the confined space it seems. Let me also state that I did not plan on purchasing a driver, right now, but I will be.

In the past 2 years i have played/tested a mizuno st190g, 200g, a ping g410, a cobra sz extreme, a TS3, a M5, and a rogue sz. Of those the 200g and f9 were my favorites. Ping and I just don't get along.

I tried, I think, just about every combo. Tsi2, Tsi3 and pretty much every X flex shaft. The Tsi3 looked better to me,  though I am certainly not saying the Tsi2 looked bad. It was quickly apparent the Tsi2 with raw white 6x was the CLEAR winner. I was getting 1.48-1.50 smash factor, though my SS was down with this combo, it was going just as far. I believe that I will increase SS once I get used to it. Most swings were right around the 100 mark. The only other shaft that came close was the AD-XC but the numbers weren't as good and price is higher. It is nice to find a stock offering that fits me as well as this combo does.

I REALLY wanted the Tsi3 to be the one, but I will be putting in an order for a Tsi2 with Raw white tomorrow. Dispersion was also very good with the 2 and seemed to be very forgiving on toe side misses which is my common miss. Ball felt fantastic coming off the club and sound was good.

I also got fit into the tsi2 fairway with the 7x raw white. I am not certain that is really the combo I would like to go with as I was really concentrating on driver. I am going to revisit the fairway woods again in the spring. I would like to test out the tsi2 vs tsi3 again as well as the ts2/3. I am not brand centric and will open up the fairway search to all brands. In my mind I like small headed fairways like the cobra tour offering but in reality maybe I need something larger. 

Edited by Sfd732
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, odshot68 said:

Just had full access to their fitting cart today with the fairway woods.   I love my driver and no desire to look elsewhere.  Moving on, I think both fairway woods are a step backwards.  They both sit up closed in standard position.  I flattened both lie angles and they still looked close.  Also, I never felt like they never felt solid.  I pulled out my TS2 15 degree and way better feel, look, and results.  Save your $$ and keep current model.

This is like that one review off any item listed at Amazon.... lol  its clearly not going to please or fit everyone.  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Hershey27 said:

For those of you who have pre-ordered a tsi2 or tsi3 driver, what setup did you go with? 

Did you request to shorten the shaft and what swing weight did you go with?

I pre ordered before my fitting. Fitting on the 29th. Only did this because I'm aware of my numbers via track man. Wasn't a fan of ts3 shallower head and round look at address. When I saw the tsi3 it was immediately guaranteed ordering solely on looks at address. I plan to post a non biased opinion after my fitting. 

Titleist tsi3 8*

Tensei raw 65x  

Play my driver around 44.25

I always cut down myself after I receive the club.  not sure why I dont just request upon ordering and I dont focus to much on swing weight. 

Edited by btyh

I preordered tsi3 tensei raw white 65x at 45” and d5. I have a decent feel for what works for me. My last fitting showed the setup I did was spot on. Finally got to try out the combo in store and I can’t wait to get my order in. I hit the ts3 well with a smash factor on trackman averaging 1.48 but the sound wasn’t quite right when I took the club to the course so I never gamed one and it spun more than my M5. The tsi3 took care of those issues for sure. 

• Like 1

TSi3 8º at D4 (+0.75º) setting, HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0, 45.5", D3   Shots low on the face had amazingly low spin.  Love the look and the sound.

Edited by Cruisin1966
  • Like 1

Driver: Cobra LTDxLS @ 9º (8.25º) w/ Fujikura Speeder TR 661s

Fairway: Callaway Mavrik 4W @ 16º w/ ProjectX Evenflow Black 70s

Hybrid: Sub70 939x 4H @ 21º w/ ProjectX Black Hybrid 6.0

Irons: Artisan HC 4/5 w/ Steelfiber i95cw Stiff; 6-PW w/ Steelfiber i110cw Stiff

Wedges: Artisan Raw 51º, 56º, 61º w/ Modus 120s (to  be re-shafted with Steelfibers to match irons)

Putter: Artisan 0318 Deep Milled

I’ve played with a ton of golfers in the past 7-8 years and there’s been 2 guys (1 on the fence) I’ve played with who should be using Tour X. It’s amazing the concentration of swing speed on this site lol. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

TSr2 10 Tensei Blue 65

TSr2 15 Tensei Blue 75

TSr2 21 Tensei Blue 75

Black T100.S 4-P LZ 6.0

Black SM9 48.10.F, 54.10.S, 62.08.M

Jet Set Newport 2 

13 minutes ago, JoeJoeJoeUrBoat said:

I’ve played with a ton of golfers in the past 7-8 years and there’s been 2 guys (1 on the fence) I’ve played with who should be using Tour X. It’s amazing the concentration of swing speed on this site lol. 

Does anyone know how to thumbs down or dislike a post?  I love me a stiff shaft, TX that is...its hard not to include personal bias in other golfers decisions.  I am often wondering how or why people play what they play.  But maybe it works for them and I just focus on what works for me.  But we should all be playing x7s and dechambeau rebar in our blades and Tsi4 for 2021...!

PING G410 9 Flat(HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5/Ventus Black 7x)
PING G410 14.5 (HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5)
PING G425 LST 14.5 (Speeder Tour Spec 7.2x)

PING G410 17.5 (HZRDUS T1100 85g 6.5)

NIKE Vapor Fly 20* Iron (Modus105x HS)

PING i500 20* iron (DG105x100)

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)

52 milled grind (DGX7)  / Vokey TVD K 58 (DGX7)
TM Spider Armlock/SIK Armlock

7 minutes ago, Deuce78 said:

Does anyone know how to thumbs down or dislike a post?  I love me a stiff shaft, TX that is...its hard not to include personal bias in other golfers decisions.  I am often wondering how or why people play what they play.  But maybe it works for them and I just focus on what works for me.  But we should all be playing x7s and dechambeau rebar in our blades and Tsi4 for 2021...!

Agreed. I swing it right at tour average and have played with many guys who are longer than I am. I'm 37 and last night I played with a 41 year old who played collegiately at LSU and he was dead even with me all night. Plenty of guys out there who swing it very fast. He shot -2 in our 9 hole league. Lots of us can swing it fast / hard. Not nearly as many can shoot -2 for 9. 

Edited by JStang

TSR3 TSi3 3 Wood | 915H 18 |  T150 4-PW Vokey SM9  50, 54, 58 |  Ping PLD Anser 2D

Had my fitting today. It was only 45 minutes. I would need at least 3 hours to test everything I wanted with different shafts 😬 Luckily I could stay for another 1.5 hours to test more of the stuff on my own on the side. 

Fitter recommended this:

TSi3 9* Smoke RDX 6.5 44.75” A1 weight position H2. SW D2

TSi3 16.5* Smoke RDX 6.5 42.5” C1, weight neutral. SW D2

I’m a smooth swinger, Smoke RDX in 6.5 shouldn’t fit me. Felt like a telephone pole. I like lively shafts and my speed was only 104mph with driver, but on the other hand 100mph with 16.5 at 42.5” which is pretty good. Still I couldn’t imagine someone would put me in X, especially not a Smoke. But I can’t deny it, tried AD DI, AD IZ, AD XC in different flexes and lengths and Smoke felt the worst but performed the absolute best, just point and shoot. 

Sure, the looks is simply amazing, but I was even more blown away by the sound on both TSi3 driver and fairway. Especially outside, inside the difference is not as clear. 

I will for sure test more before I make up my mind for my final specs. 

So nice to get rid of the old weighting system, the new one is great!

There is actually one thing I wasn’t too happy with. And as a Titleist fanboy it’s hard to admit. A lot of people (including me) think TS fairways sit closed. I always play at position C1 which makes TS series quite square. But I must admit that TSi fairways sits even more closed. Even in position C1 both TSi2 and TSi3 was clearly closed for my eye to the degree that I felt I had to compensate for it and thinking about it every time. 

Have so much info to tell, but will save some for a later post, did som in depth test of different weight positions etc. 

But let’s end with a positive twist, what about a Titleist fitting where the fitter offers Autoflex to try out as driver shaft? World class and it was hilarious to try it out. Such a strange shaft! It’s really an auto flex that just plain works! Bombs and bombs sent down the range, it almost felt like cheating! 😁

CC5E78B8-3B4F-428C-A25B-37B32BB53CAD.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

what is "auto flex"

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 8*, Tensei AV White 75g
Irons: TaylorMade P790, 5-PW; Mitsubishi MMT 110g
Hybrids: Ping G425 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1, Polar BGT shaft   
Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite Midnight
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X yellow, Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

I wonder if Bubba is eyeballing that shaft...

• Haha 1

PING G410 9 Flat(HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5/Ventus Black 7x)
PING G410 14.5 (HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5)
PING G425 LST 14.5 (Speeder Tour Spec 7.2x)

PING G410 17.5 (HZRDUS T1100 85g 6.5)

NIKE Vapor Fly 20* Iron (Modus105x HS)

PING i500 20* iron (DG105x100)

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)

52 milled grind (DGX7)  / Vokey TVD K 58 (DGX7)
TM Spider Armlock/SIK Armlock

16 hours ago, btyh said:

This is like that one review off any item listed at Amazon.... lol  its clearly not going to please or fit everyone.  

I like Titleist as a whole and really like new equipment like most of us, the results didn’t lie. I’d be curious how many tour players are using the new fairway wood. I’m guessing not many even though they are highly encouraged to use it. 

Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5 Project X Denali Black 60S 

Callaway AI Smoke Max Project X Denali Black 70S 3 Wood

Callaway Apex UW 19 & 21 deg MMT 70 Stiff

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP 5-PW Project X IO 5.5

Vokey SM10 50.08F & 56M DG S200

Callaway Jaws Raw Face Chrome 60Z DG Spinner 115 Steel

39" Odyssey Jailbird LE 380 Microhinge Putter

TaylorMade TP5

Vessel Lux XV 2.0 Black Cart Bag

14 minutes ago, odshot68 said:

I like Titleist as a whole and really like new equipment like most of us, the results didn’t lie. I’d be curious how many tour players are using the new fairway wood. I’m guessing not many even though they are highly encouraged to use it. 

Yeah doesn't look like it. You should have hit the drivers

3 hours ago, Cruisin1966 said:

TSi3 8º at D4 (+0.75º) setting, HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0, 45.5", D3   Shots low on the face had amazingly low spin.  Love the look and the sound.

Interesting. You have stiff shafts in the long clubs and TX shafts in your irons.   I’m curious?

Callaway Paradym TD “S” 420cc 8.5 Project X Evenflow Riptide MX 60TX

Callaway OG Apex UW 21.0 Mizuno MMT 80X

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP 4 Iron Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Mizuno Pro 243 5-GW Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Mizuno T24 56/12S Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Rife Phenom.Z 34”

1 hour ago, Minarets said:

what is "auto flex"

See the TXG review on YouTube 

Rife Phenom.Z 34”

Just now, Lemonde said:

Interesting. You have stiff shafts in the long clubs and TX shafts in your irons.   I’m curious?

They are soft stepped, and to me, don't feel that stiff.  I will try the MMT 125S when they're available.  Can't really explain it, but it seems to work

Driver: Cobra LTDxLS @ 9º (8.25º) w/ Fujikura Speeder TR 661s

Fairway: Callaway Mavrik 4W @ 16º w/ ProjectX Evenflow Black 70s

Hybrid: Sub70 939x 4H @ 21º w/ ProjectX Black Hybrid 6.0

Irons: Artisan HC 4/5 w/ Steelfiber i95cw Stiff; 6-PW w/ Steelfiber i110cw Stiff

Wedges: Artisan Raw 51º, 56º, 61º w/ Modus 120s (to  be re-shafted with Steelfibers to match irons)

Putter: Artisan 0318 Deep Milled

Good  to know. Thxs 

Rife Phenom.Z 34”

2 hours ago, MrShield said:

Had my fitting today. It was only 45 minutes. I would need at least 3 hours to test everything I wanted with different shafts 😬 Luckily I could stay for another 1.5 hours to test more of the stuff on my own on the side. 

Fitter recommended this:

TSi3 9* Smoke RDX 6.5 44.75” A1 weight position H2. SW D2

TSi3 16.5* Smoke RDX 6.5 42.5” C1, weight neutral. SW D2

I’m a smooth swinger, Smoke RDX in 6.5 shouldn’t fit me. Felt like a telephone pole. I like lively shafts and my speed was only 104mph with driver, but on the other hand 100mph with 16.5 at 42.5” which is pretty good. Still I couldn’t imagine someone would put me in X, especially not a Smoke. But I can’t deny it, tried AD DI, AD IZ, AD XC in different flexes and lengths and Smoke felt the worst but performed the absolute best, just point and shoot. 

Sure, the looks is simply amazing, but I was even more blown away by the sound on both TSi3 driver and fairway. Especially outside, inside the difference is not as clear. 

I will for sure test more before I make up my mind for my final specs. 

So nice to get rid of the old weighting system, the new one is great!

There is actually one thing I wasn’t too happy with. And as a Titleist fanboy it’s hard to admit. A lot of people (including me) think TS fairways sit closed. I always play at position C1 which makes TS series quite square. But I must admit that TSi fairways sits even more closed. Even in position C1 both TSi2 and TSi3 was clearly closed for my eye to the degree that I felt I had to compensate for it and thinking about it every time. 

Have so much info to tell, but will save some for a later post, did som in depth test of different weight positions etc. 

But let’s end with a positive twist, what about a Titleist fitting where the fitter offers Autoflex to try out as driver shaft? World class and it was hilarious to try it out. Such a strange shaft! It’s really an auto flex that just plain works! Bombs and bombs sent down the range, it almost felt like cheating! 😁

CC5E78B8-3B4F-428C-A25B-37B32BB53CAD.jpeg

So I wasn’t the only one fitted into a 6.5 Smoke RDX even though it didn’t make sense? 

I have a SS of 102-104 average. Occasionally hitting 107 if I get after it a bit. I do have a quicker transition though. I also went with the stock length for the hell of it, so that helps with the 6.5 flex as well. 

I’m less comfortable with “livelier” shafts. They just makes me feel a little uncomfortable. I’ll take the telephone pole if I can hit the fairway lol.

I didn’t even wait to order. In the back of my mind I wanted to try more......but yea....TSi3 will be with me soon.

Good luck on whatever you decide!

• Like 2

There are plenty of guys on this site that swing it north of 120 let alone faster than 110.  I am nearing 50 and I can still swing it near 120 and my playing speed is 112 or so.  That can be verified by teachers on this site.  And there are no less than 50 guys on this site that can blow it by me.  There are guys on this site that are Korn Ferry players, mini Tour players, a ton of ex-college players.  Needing a TX is no big deal.

Ping G430 Max 9* Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue 6X
Ping G425 Max 14.5 Alta CB 65S
Callaway Rogue ST Max 18* Tensei Blue 75S

PXG 0211 XCOR2 5-GW
Titleist SM9  52*F 56*D and 60*D
L.A.B. Link1/Scotty Newport
Srixon Z Star XV

I pre-ordered a TSi3 

10 degrees

Ventus Blue 6X, no tipping, 1/4" short

Z Cord, +2 wraps

D4 SW

• Like 1

Titleist TSi2 10, Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore 6X, 45"

Titleist TSi2 16.5, Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore 7X, 43"

TaylorMade GAPR Mid 4, KBS

Titleist T100S, KBS C-Taper S+ 5-PW

Titleist SM8, 50F, 54S, 60D, TT S400 Custom 

Scotty Cameron Phantom X12, 35", Stability Tour

[url="https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/"]https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/[/url]

• easyyy featured this topic
  • easyyy unfeatured this topic