Titleist TSi 2 & TSi 3 driver and 3 woods - 2020 Safeway Open

pga43

19 minutes ago, CallawayLefty said:

I really hope someday OEMs will be able to figure out the shaft mess.  Why is it I can buy 28 different shafts from a company as a “custom” option but not a 29th?  I assume this is somewhat intentional from shaft makers to ensure you pay full boat for shafts aftermarket.  Like for example, why can you always get a 60 and 70 TX Tensei Orange but never an 80?  But it’s that way with basically every major OEM.  

they make this way too hard and customers just want 

They probably have to agree to purchase a certain number of these shafts and it's not financially viable for them to stock shafts for us 1%ers...  and titleist has to test every shaft they offer and approve it.  But I agree they should be able to get these at least off menu.  If they get the brand, you should be able to get any shaft weight and flex offered from that brand....they just need WRX approved shafts!!..nuff said right!

PING G410 9 Flat(HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5/Ventus Black 7x)
PING G410 14.5 (HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5)
PING G425 LST 14.5 (Speeder Tour Spec 7.2x)

PING G410 17.5 (HZRDUS T1100 85g 6.5)

NIKE Vapor Fly 20* Iron (Modus105x HS)

PING i500 20* iron (DG105x100)

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)

52 milled grind (DGX7)  / Vokey TVD K 58 (DGX7)
TM Spider Armlock/SIK Armlock

27 minutes ago, CallawayLefty said:

I really hope someday OEMs will be able to figure out the shaft mess.  Why is it I can buy 28 different shafts from a company as a “custom” option but not a 29th?  I assume this is somewhat intentional from shaft makers to ensure you pay full boat for shafts aftermarket.  Like for example, why can you always get a 60 and 70 TX Tensei Orange but never an 80?  But it’s that way with basically every major OEM.  

they make this way too hard and customers just want easy.  

I feel your pain, I always want an aftermarket 80 gram option for a 3 wood, and would love to have it direct from the OEM. The only way to do it is to have Will Peoples or Fairway Jockey at a crazy upcharge (whole club plus shaft) and it takes them forever to get the components anyhow. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, SUPERG said:

I feel your pain, I always want an aftermarket 80 gram option for a 3 wood, and would love to have it direct from the OEM. The only way to do it is to have Will Peoples or Fairway Jockey at a crazy upcharge (whole club plus shaft) and it takes them forever to get the components anyhow. 

Wish there was at least an 80g+ premium shaft option , upcharge or not too, but don't think they' re massively produced. If the demand was high higher , it'd probably happen. Always have to go the aftermarket route , either through my buddy's dealer , or the multiple guys I've used here and trust 100%. 

34 minutes ago, golffeen007 said:

Wish there was at least an 80g+ premium shaft option , upcharge or not too, but don't think they' re massively produced. If the demand was high higher , it'd probably happen. Always have to go the aftermarket route , either through my buddy's dealer , or the multiple guys I've used here and trust 100%. 

They are offering the Tensei White Raw 85 (S or X) with no upcharge... I just ordered one for a TSi2 5 wood. But would for sure be nice to have 4-5 80+ options vs just the 1 at no upcharge. 

Edited by danielwkelliher
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, danielwkelliher said:

They are offering the Tensei White Raw 85 (S or X) with no upcharge... I just ordered one for a TSi2 5 wood. But would for sure be nice to have 4-5 80+ options vs just the 1 at no upcharge. 

yeah but I’m a snob and won’t play anything other than TX.  I just think it’s silly.  Titleist should be able to build me a club with any Mitsubishi, Fuji, etc shaft I want.  I get that I’ll pay an up charge and maybe even have to wait longer for certain shafts, but I just think I should be able to order anything from any brand that provides them shafts.  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, CallawayLefty said:

yeah but I’m a snob and won’t play anything other than TX.  I just think it’s silly.  Titleist should be able to build me a club with any Mitsubishi, Fuji, etc shaft I want.  I get that I’ll pay an up charge and maybe even have to wait longer for certain shafts, but I just think I should be able to order anything from any brand that provides them shafts.  

they will source anything that they have tested, which may or may not be on their shaft Matrix

You should be good to go. I was told the TX wouldn’t be in stock until January. I hope yours comes quicker. I went with the white 75x tipped an inch but would’ve gone blue if it was before January. 

21296945-8286-4D4B-B056-FA69D8728B4B.jpeg

Driver:  TSR3 8 Ventus Red TR 8X 

Fairway: TSR3 16.5 Ventus Blue 8X 

Hybrid:  Sim2 Tensei Orange 90TX Or Srixon ZX 2 Iron 105X

Irons:Black T200 4-5 T100S 6-AW MMT 125TX

Wedges: MG4 54 MMT 125TX and Vokey SM9 58.04T MMT 125TX

Putter: Lajosi DD201

Pro V1X Left Dash

4 minutes ago, LeftyMatt24 said:

You should be good to go. I was told the TX wouldn’t be in stock until January. I hope yours comes quicker. I went with the white 75x tipped an inch but would’ve gone blue if it was before January. 

21296945-8286-4D4B-B056-FA69D8728B4B.jpeg

Do we know for fact that both Blue and White TX isn’t available until January?

I mean in the Titleist catalogue Blue TX is there, but the white TX isn’t. 

32 minutes ago, MrShield said:

Do we know for fact that both Blue and White TX isn’t available until January?

I mean in the Titleist catalogue Blue TX is there, but the white TX isn’t. 

DD told me tx for blue is not in stock. They did not mention for white when I asked. I hope DD is wrong and the blue is shipping already. 

Driver:  TSR3 8 Ventus Red TR 8X 

Fairway: TSR3 16.5 Ventus Blue 8X 

Hybrid:  Sim2 Tensei Orange 90TX Or Srixon ZX 2 Iron 105X

Irons:Black T200 4-5 T100S 6-AW MMT 125TX

Wedges: MG4 54 MMT 125TX and Vokey SM9 58.04T MMT 125TX

Putter: Lajosi DD201

Pro V1X Left Dash

Just ordered Tsi3 with Ventus Black 6S. DD's said expected 4 weeks lead time, so hopefully right after the Masters or Thanksgiving week. Figured there will be plenty of XC's, IZ's, DI's and AV Whites available over the next two years if I ever want to swap. 

Ai Smoke ♦️♦️♦️ 9* Ventus TR Blue 6x

BRNR Mini 13.5 Kaili White 60x

TSR3 18* Ventus TR Red 7x
TSR3 24* IZ 95x
Ping Blueprint S 5-PW $-Taper 120

PING S159 50, 55, 60h 
Phantom X 7

5 minutes ago, JStang said:

I sold off my Mavrik SZ and Sim Max so I guess I’m going to have to slum it with my tour issue ‘16 M2 until the TSi3 arrives.

Sound like me. Sold off my Mavrik Triple D and Sim to slum it with the St190/RIP X 65TX setup until the TSi3 shows up.

11 minutes ago, CallawayLefty said:

Is it possible to order a heavier head weight when ordering a shorter shaft?  I want to go 44.5, but also really don't want some C9 driver.  Can you buy weight kits?

Just request the desired swing weight and the proper weight will be installed. I order mine at 44.75", or .75" short, and my weight will be the +4 weight. I requested D5 swing weight with grip in box so I can put on a lighter NDMC with 2 extra wraps to even out.

• Like 1

TSr3 8° VENTUS RED TR 7X

TSr3 3W 15° VENTUS RED TR 8X

2023 T200 2/17°

2023 T200 4-PW, GW

SM10 52, 58 M-Grind

PIRETTI POTENZA WB

TitleistSmaller.jpg.5bc014a5893add877cc9ffa452af52bd.jpg

My local course (Cinnabar, San Jose, CA) had the Titleist Thursday guy doing his thing and like a moth to a flame I found myself soon hitting the new drivers.  Since I didn't have an appointment (plus I've gotten to know the guy over the last 2 years), he let me hit it next to his setup minus the Trackman (which he was using with his client - no skin off my back).

Tried the TSi2 first and it confirmed what most have already written about sound and looks.  Then on to the TSi3 - oh wow!  I'm in trouble - this club sounded great, looked really good at address and felt wonderful.  My existing shaft (Atmost TS Black 7x) was available so it was good to get an apples to apples comparison to my SIM.  Gotta say Titleist got this club right.

Just curious - has anybody hit a TSi3 with hot melt?  That might be a killer combination!

18 minutes ago, toddmanley said:

My local course (Cinnabar, San Jose, CA) had the Titleist Thursday guy doing his thing and like a moth to a flame I found myself soon hitting the new drivers.  Since I didn't have an appointment (plus I've gotten to know the guy over the last 2 years), he let me hit it next to his setup minus the Trackman (which he was using with his client - no skin off my back).

Tried the TSi2 first and it confirmed what most have already written about sound and looks.  Then on to the TSi3 - oh wow!  I'm in trouble - this club sounded great, looked really good at address and felt wonderful.  My existing shaft (Atmost TS Black 7x) was available so it was good to get an apples to apples comparison to my SIM.  Gotta say Titleist got this club right.

Just curious - has anybody hit a TSi3 with hot melt?  That might be a killer combination!

From your session today , where would you want to add Hotmelt and why? 
I’ve got a gun and usually add a few grams toe side to bring the weight up , deaden the sound and possibly help keep from closing the toe a little. Just curious in your opinion?

1 hour ago, golffeen007 said:

From your session today , where would you want to add Hotmelt and why? 
I’ve got a gun and usually add a few grams toe side to bring the weight up , deaden the sound and possibly help keep from closing the toe a little. Just curious in your opinion?

I didn’t take enough swings to make a determination on where hot melt would make sense. I’d probably want to bring the weight up a few grams and see how it changes the sound. 

On 10/22/2020 at 2:38 PM, Deuce78 said:

Does anyone know how to thumbs down or dislike a post?  I love me a stiff shaft, TX that is...its hard not to include personal bias in other golfers decisions.  I am often wondering how or why people play what they play.  But maybe it works for them and I just focus on what works for me.  But we should all be playing x7s and dechambeau rebar in our blades and Tsi4 for 2021...!

Someone is a bit self-conscious I see! Not sure the hate for my post, but carry on. 

TSr2 10 Tensei Blue 65

TSr2 15 Tensei Blue 75

TSr2 21 Tensei Blue 75

Black T100.S 4-P LZ 6.0

Black SM9 48.10.F, 54.10.S, 62.08.M

Jet Set Newport 2 

• easyyy featured this topic
  • easyyy unfeatured this topic