Titleist TSi 2 & TSi 3 driver and 3 woods - 2020 Safeway Open

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A guy goes to a Titleist fitting at their facility, gets fit into a stick by their expert. Goes home and changes the driver settings quite a bit (9.75* to 8.25*). He says he is hitting quality shots h

Not sure if this has been posted yet but the TSi4 has been released on the conforming list    

Posted Images

7 hours ago, toddmanley said:

Curious to get some opinions here.  Several points of reference - 1) been playing the Atmos TS Black 7x (untipped) in my 9* SIM at 45.25", 2) ball speed off the SIM today was around 161-2mph and spin in the low 2,000rpm,  3) SS is ~112-115mph (getting faster due to super speed training).

My local PGA SS didn't have a wide selection of x-flex shafts to try - only the 60 gram version of the Smoke Black RDX and the AV White Raw.  I normally play 70 gram shafts so it took a few swings to get used to the lighter weight shafts.  I started with the 10* head (set to A-1) and was averaging around 2,600-800rpm with this combo but didn't like the feel of the RDX.  I moved on to the AV White Raw and like how it felt better but spin didn't get any lower.  Went to the 9* head and immediately saw the change lower spin to the 2,200-300rpm range.  Changed the head setting to D-1 and really liked how it opened the face angle just a bit and removed my tendency to go left.  I never got around to changing the moveable weight on the head.  After all the tinkering the ball speed was 164-165mph!

This was my first time hitting the AV White Raw 7x.  On good swings it felt like there was a bit of a kick at impact like my backup GD AD-IZ 7x shaft - sometimes it felt like the kick was causing the ball to pull left ~10 yards when I had a straighter club path & face-to-path alignment.  On the swings where I was a tad more in-to-out the kick created a nice high draw.  Poor swings with off-center contact weren't penalized like the SIM - this was the biggest ah-ha I had.

Have others experienced this? With my Atmos I don't feel a kick but rather a more stable and linear feeling at impact.  Curious to hear inputs as to whether this feeling of the kick could be altered by tipping the shaft or trying the TX.  At the end of the day this is a great head and I'd love to find a stable shaft to match it up with (given a local shop has more choices on the rack).

-Thanks, Todd

I play the White Raw 7TX in my SIM, it doesn’t kick but does feel softer than a lot of shafts. In my opinion it loads and holds through impact but has a significant feel of loading. I get the stability I’m looking for without being overly stiff or lacking feel. 

if you’re looking for a more linear feel you’ll want a different line of shafts, this is just the nature of the white lineup from Tensei. There are a lot of guys here that can steer you in the right direction with the linear feel but I would go away from this new Tensei line for sure. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, NateDog07V said:

Cam Smith at the Masters with weights in the heel and toe ūü§Ē

A28281B9-9CAA-4BA9-BE06-4437FC947815.png

Nice catch. Was only a matter of time before someone went animal style. In theory it should increase MOI a bit. 

Titleist TSi3 9.25*  HZRDUS Smoke Green 6.5tx 
Titleist TSi3 5W 18* Tensei AV Raw White- x
Srixon Z 745 (4-pw) KBS tour-x
Mizuno T20 51* 54* 60* TT x-100
Callaway PM Grind 64*
SC Studio Design no. 2
Pro V1

2 hours ago, SBH9458 said:

Two -4 (white) weights. Don’t know total weight change for the TSI3 head doing it that way from the standard weight but I’d like to know. 

I think it's no change to the total weight.  Standard weight is 8 grams, so two -4 weights should also equal 8 grams.

• Like 1

Titleist TSi3 10*, Tensei AV Blue Raw 55S

Titleist TS2 16.5*, Diamana LTD S+ Blue 80S

Titleist TS2 21*, Atmos HB Tour Spec Blue 8S
Miura CB 801 4-PW, Recoil Proto 110 F4

Miura 52.06, 56.10, 60.09, Recoil Proto 125 F4
Bettinardi Inovai 6.0 Crescent Neck LH, 34"

26 minutes ago, blackngold_blood said:

I may have missed it but does anyone know where to buy individual weights or the weight kit for the TSI3?  Didn’t see anything on Titleist website. 

They can be ordered through a Titleist dealer. 

They aren’t available directly to the public 

• Like 1

:smilie_titty: TS1 9.0  Fubuki 45G Shaft
:smilie_ping: G410 5 & 7 FW Alta CB 65g
:smilie_ping: G410 4 hybrid Alta CB
:smilie_titty:T100S/T200 Jet Black Combo AMT Black R300 
Vokey SM 7 54/58

Vokey SM8 46*
TM Custom My Spider 35" 

ProV1X No. 12

15 hours ago, dwboston said:

I think it's no change to the total weight.  Standard weight is 8 grams, so two -4 weights should also equal 8 grams.

Same weight but slightly increased MOI because of perimeter weighting? Not a bad idea..

Titleist 917D2 9.5* w/ Aldila X-Torsion Copper 60TX
Titleist TS2 15* w/ Tour AD MJ 8X
Titleist 915H 18* w/ Diamana S+ 90X
Titleist 716CB 3-P w/ DG AMT TI X100 SS'd
Vokey SM6 53.09*, 59.07* w/ DG TI S400
PING Anser Milled 0 34"

Was fit for the TSi2 this past week... I did hit both with almost all the shaft options besides the IZ... IDK why I didn't try it, but after hitting both heads I went with the Tsi2/Tensei Raw white.  Numbers were about the same with the HZRDUS RDX but I like the feel and dispersion a little better with the Tensei.  When I first saw the pics of these drivers I was not really impressed, but after hitting them, man, I am a total fan.  Sound and feel are much improved over the TS range even, IMO, and the TSi2 looks much more rounded than the TS2 does to my eye at the back.  Looking down at the TSi3 feels like holding the 910/13 D3, really a gorgeous design but I found it to be harder to control overall.  As soon as the Tsi2 was in my hands it was back to straight drives again, even subtle draws which I have not had in a while.  Hope to have it in hand this week and report back on what it does on the course.

• Like 2

PXG 0811 XF Gen 2 9* PX HZRDUS Smoke yellow 6.0 

Srixon F85 15* Aldila Rogue silver 70s

Titleist 915h 21* Aldila Rogue black 80s

Bridgestone J15 CB 4-P PX LZ 6.5

Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 52/12, 56/12

Ping Eye 2+ LW

Odyssey Black Series ix7  34"

Snell MTB black

7 minutes ago, Nixhex524 said:

Was fit for the TSi2 this past week... I did hit both with almost all the shaft options besides the IZ... IDK why I didn't try it, but after hitting both heads I went with the Tsi2/Tensei Raw white.  Numbers were about the same with the HZRDUS RDX but I like the feel and dispersion a little better with the Tensei.  When I first saw the pics of these drivers I was not really impressed, but after hitting them, man, I am a total fan.  Sound and feel are much improved over the TS range even, IMO, and the TSi2 looks much more rounded than the TS2 does to my eye at the back.  Looking down at the TSi3 feels like holding the 910/13 D3, really a gorgeous design but I found it to be harder to control overall.  As soon as the Tsi2 was in my hands it was back to straight drives again, even subtle draws which I have not had in a while.  Hope to have it in hand this week and report back on what it does on the course.

I had a very similar experience was fitted and wanted the tsi3 but the number with the tsi2 were outstanding, sound, feel perfect.  The went back to a more rounded head compared to the ts2 which is great, titleist has a winner for sure with this line. FYI fitted with a di6 which is crazy it has been about 8 years since I played one. 

• Like 1

Signature of Solon CC
Titleist TSi2 10 Tour AD Di6 45.25 
Titleist TSi2 15 project X rdx 70

Taylormade SIM 7 wood Ventus Blue 
Mizuno 921 HM KBS ctaper lite 4~pw 

Cleveland zipcore 52,56,60 Tour Rack Nippon Modus 

Sik Flo C 33.75 w/BGT Stability Tour 

3 minutes ago, woods991 said:

I had a very similar experience was fitted and wanted the tsi3 but the number with the tsi2 were outstanding, sound, feel perfect.  The went back to a more rounded head compared to the ts2 which is great, titleist has a winner for sure with this line. FYI fitted with a di6 which is crazy it has been about 8 years since I played one. 

I really wanted the DI6... till I tried it.  Was all over the place even though it felt really good.  I was super impressed with the HZRDUS RDX and almost took that combo till I asked to hit the raw white.  It was just enough to change the feel and sound, plus MUCH better on the miss hits for me...  Agreed on the TSi3, too.  I wanted it to be the one but am actually very happy with the 2 in every way.

• Thanks 1

Ping Eye 2+ LW

Snell MTB black

2 hours ago, Aggielefty said:

Does titleist no longer send a wrench with a driver order?  I ordered a driver, three, and five ... I got all three and no wrench. 

No.. they are not including a wrench with the new drivers... which is surprising..

Titleist TSi3 8.0 Smoke Blue RDX  60TX
Titleist TSi3 13.5 Tensei AV Raw white 75x
Mizuno MP20mb 4-pw Project X LZ
Vokey SM7 56M 08, 60L04
Scotty Newport Button Back or
Scotty Select 1/500 Newport

2 hours ago, youngunz5840 said:

4C770BAD-3BBC-4C96-90BA-8301AA6DEB71.jpeg.4438b4aaf5a68fbdb9601454c27413ee.jpegB79FFEF1-AEF1-4088-865E-37AB6E010750.jpeg.49d4d63dc471d0461fa0d62a8559d699.jpeg
Got my 3 wood and put a ad vr in it. Have this week off so I will try to get some rounds in. Might ask to order a +4g weight for the three wood because I like a heavy head. 
Also did not get a tool with my driver to answer post above. 

Look closed at address like people have been saying ?

5 hours ago, Aggielefty said:

Does titleist no longer send a wrench with a driver order?  I ordered a driver, three, and five ... I got all three and no wrench. 

My TSi3 driver arrived today - no wrench.  I already have 3 or 4 of them so no big deal.

14 minutes ago, dwboston said:

My TSi3 driver arrived today - no wrench.  I already have 3 or 4 of them so no big deal.

It's like my iphone 12 not coming with a new charger...even though I already have a charger and wrench it's still annoying.

• Like 2

Titleist TSi3 8 deg - Mitsubishi Diamana DF 70TX

Titleist TSi3 15 deg - Project X Even Flow T1100 White 85 6.5

Titleist 816 H2 19 deg - Mitsubishi Diamana D+ 90X

Titleist T200 4 - Project X 6.5

Titleist T100 5-PW - Project X 6.5

Vokey SM8 Jet Black 50.12 F, 54.10 S, 58.08 M - TT DG TI Black Onyx S400

Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

My TSi3 driver arrived today - i was kind of shocked that FedEx delivered on a Sunday morning, but it was perfect timing as I was playing today at 11:00.  It was cold and a little blustery here, and fairways were pretty soft after rain on Friday and a two hour frost delay this morning, so carry distance was hard to judge, but it performed really well.  Every drive was in play and ball flight was reasonably close to what I was seeing in the fitting a couple of weeks ago.  And it looks and feels fantastic.  I have the 10* head in D1 adapter setting (LH) with a +2g weight in H1 setting, with the stock Tensei Blue shaft.  I have a new GD AD HD shaft that I want to try out with the driver, but that may have to wait until next season.  So far so good.   

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, TIM929 said:

is it worth switching from TS3 to TSi3(head only)?

Just me maybe, but I think the TS3 is actually a little more forgiving than the i3.  The TSi3 does sound and feel better but not sure it's worth the upgrade performance alone, the TS3 is really good too.  

That said, getting no wrench is kind of lame.

• Like 1

Ping Eye 2+ LW

Snell MTB black

Anybody know what the total stock head weight is on the TSi3 driver?  I want to custom order the driver but play a shorter shaft length.  I like to get the head weight at 198 grams so just need to know the stock head weight so I can order the correct perimeter weight to get there.

Titleist TSi3 11*

Titleist TSi3 FW 18*

Callaway Mavrik Pro 20*

Callaway X Forged UT 21*, 24*, 27*, 30*

Callaway X Forged CB 35*, 39*

Callaway MD5 44*, 48*, 54*, 60*

7 hours ago, FOOTJOY16 said:

No.. they are not including a wrench with the new drivers... which is surprising..

Strange I got one with my order, driver 

Signature of Solon CC
Titleist TSi2 10 Tour AD Di6 45.25 
Titleist TSi2 15 project X rdx 70

Taylormade SIM 7 wood Ventus Blue 
Mizuno 921 HM KBS ctaper lite 4~pw 

Cleveland zipcore 52,56,60 Tour Rack Nippon Modus 

Sik Flo C 33.75 w/BGT Stability Tour 

11 minutes ago, woods991 said:

Strange I got one with my order, driver 

That is strange.  The local shop I buy from called Titleist when their stock orders showed up looking for the wrenches.  They were told they were not included with the new drivers.

Titleist TSi3 8.0 Smoke Blue RDX  60TX
Titleist TSi3 13.5 Tensei AV Raw white 75x
Mizuno MP20mb 4-pw Project X LZ
Vokey SM7 56M 08, 60L04
Scotty Newport Button Back or
Scotty Select 1/500 Newport

2 hours ago, TIM929 said:

is it worth switching from TS3 to TSi3(head only)?

Comparing the two using the same shafts. TSi3 won going away. 

• Haha 1

Titleist TSi3 9.25*  HZRDUS Smoke Green 6.5tx 
Titleist TSi3 5W 18* Tensei AV Raw White- x
Srixon Z 745 (4-pw) KBS tour-x
Mizuno T20 51* 54* 60* TT x-100
Callaway PM Grind 64*
SC Studio Design no. 2
Pro V1

21 hours ago, Nixhex524 said:

You will really enjoy this setup (have the same one). First time ever being fit and I am finding the center/sweet spot of the face almost every time, where on my old setup I was a little all over. My fitter made a good point about deflection with different shafts and finding one that has less deflection for me since I have a shorter swing.

The sound and feeling of the head is fantastic and the TSi2 head hides its longer shape very well. Where in the past with the 9XXD2 range always looked kinda huge and awkward.

20 hours ago, Aggielefty said:

I didn't get a wrench either, but I have so many TM wrenches that work just fine I didn't think anything of it.

• Like 1

Titleist TSi2 9* - Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White

Ping G25 16.5*

Titleist 915H 24*

Mizuno JPX-850 4-GW

Ping Glide 2.0 54*/58*

TM Spider X Single Bend - SS Pistol GT 1.0

Odyssey Black Series Tour Designs 1W - SS Pistol GT 2.0

• easyyy featured this topic