Titleist TSi 2 & TSi 3 driver and 3 woods - 2020 Safeway Open

pga43

21 hours ago, Aggielefty said:

Does titleist no longer send a wrench with a driver order?  I ordered a driver, three, and five ... I got all three and no wrench. 

I did not get it either, which is fine because I have a bunch from over the years and other wrenches work on it. It is kind of like Apple not putting the cube in the iPhone 12. They are ubiquitous.

• Like 1

Titleist TSR2 Tour AD DI
Titleist TSR2+ Tour AD DI
Titleist TSR2 18 Speeder 757 Evo V

Mizuno Max Hybrid 22

Titleist T350 5-7

Titleist T200 8-48
Ping s159 54,60
Scotty Cameron Jet Setter NP2

6 hours ago, sofla said:

I did not get it either, which is fine because I have a bunch from over the years and other wrenches work on it. It is kind of like Apple not putting the cube in the iPhone 12. They are ubiquitous.

We probably all have wrenches from other drivers, but it is a little lame Titleist would not include one with this series. I too searched the box and thought it must have been a mistake. 

On 11/15/2020 at 8:17 PM, TIM929 said:

is it worth switching from TS3 to TSi3(head only)?

Haven't hit the TSi3, but can't imagine that there's more to gain over the TS3, or even the 917d3 for that matter. Only thing that will get me interested is the improved sound. Also, for the price, not getting a wrench is really cheesy. Might as well leave the headcover out as well. 

Mizuno ST-X 230 10.5

Mizuno ST-Z 15d. 

Titleist 818h2 17d. 

WIlson Staff C300 forged 4-pw

Srixon ZX utility 20d. 

Scratch 8620 53d. 

Odyssey white hot pro

4 hours ago, golffeen007 said:

We probably all have wrenches from other drivers, but it is a little lame Titleist would not include one with this series. I too searched the box and thought it must have been a mistake. 

This is mostly true but are they all the same torque spec?  Thats is my only concern with using different OEM wrenches.  

Titleist TSr2 10*  GD UB 6s

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 19* Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

Srixon ZX7 mkii 4-7, Z-Forged ii 8-P KBS CTL 110

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

1 hour ago, launcher said:

Haven't hit the TSi3, but can't imagine that there's more to gain over the TS3, or even the 917d3 for that matter. Only thing that will get me interested is the improved sound. Also, for the price, not getting a wrench is really cheesy. Might as well leave the headcover out as well. 

I'm going to the TSi2 from the 917D3. Gains are there. And the improved sound is a wonderful bonus.

Titleist....

37 minutes ago, storm319 said:

Titleist, Callaway, Ping, and TaylorMade wrenches have used the same bit and torque rating for nearly a decade. 

I don’t think Ping and Callaway wrenched share the same torque ratings.

I used a Callaway wrench on a G410 head and the moveable weight screws sheared off when I used a Cally wrench to install them.

Zero issues with the screws breaking when I used a Ping it TM wrench.

The cally wrench had way more torque. I threw it out.

Rox

• Thanks 1

2023 in the Bag!

Rogue Max Ls 9°/HZRDUS Gen 4 Black 6.5 70<br  />TSi2 15°/Aldila Green 75X<br/>Epic Flash 21°/Tour Green 75X<br/>Maltby TS1-iM 4-6 iron Modus 115X<br/>

Honma 747V/DG120-S400 7-PW<br/>Jaws 50°, 54° & 58°/DG Tour Issue S400<br/>Scotty Cameron 5.5M<br />Callaway Chrome Soft and
Sun Moutain C130/ClicGear Rovic cart with Alphard E-Wheels V2

Backups:

Bridgestone Tour-B X-CB/DG120 S400 Tour Issue 5-PW

12 minutes ago, roxald said:

I used a Callaway wrench on a G410 head and the moveable weight screws sheared off when I used a Cally wrench to install them.

Rox

I’ve been using Callaway wrench for years because it’s smaller and they work just as well in any other manufacturer.

TM Stealth 2+ 9 Fuji Ventus Black 6X

TM Stealth + 13.5 HZRDUS Blue 70 6.5

TM SIM UDI 2i HZRDUS Black 100 6.5

Srixon ZX7 MK2 4-PW Modus 120X

Vokey SM10 50.08F/56.12D/60.08M S400

SC SS Squareback 2

I was fitted with TSi2, 9 degree, Tensei AV Raw Blue 55S (Stock shaft, might be an OEM one) today. Planned to try TSi and G425 but in the end I made the decision fairly quick without trying G425.

My current (ex?) gamer is GBB Epic sub zero, 9 degree, Ventus Blue 5S. Actually it's still quite long, but just recently I struggled hooking it or push right. This definitely is a swing issue (and my fitter was kind enough to fix my swing first), but when I tried TSi2, it's just so stable, straight with a bit draw. You can feel the head is moving to the target automatically / continuously. Also the club speed / ball speed is good.

I also tried TSi3, 9 degree. But its shape is similar to my GBB Epic sub zero, although the forgiveness is better. But it still requires more attention to get the right direction / flight I want. I felt I need something quite different and can put my ball in the fairway more often. I decided to pick TSi2 but tomorrow I will put my Vetus Blue 5S on it to see what I will get. All in all, I like the sound and feel of TSi2, which reminds me some premium JDM brands I played in the past.

On 11/16/2020 at 9:16 AM, sofla said:

I'd disagree. It is not fine.

An adjustable driver with no way to adjust it ? :classic_rolleyes:

Almost $600 USD out the door and no $10(their cost ?) wrench ?

OUCH !!! :classic_ninja:

• Like 1

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X

From what I'm reading both here and on other sites, I'm getting the impression that most people are "liking" the TSi3, but "loving" the TSi2.

Is that a fair assessment?

I just turned 70, 15 h'cap, gaming a tour issue MI6 with Fubuki MV45 stiff.

While I prefer the look of the 3, I'm starting to think the 2 might suit me better.

Any thoughts?

12 hours ago, storm319 said:

Titleist, Callaway, Ping, and TaylorMade wrenches have used the same bit and torque rating for nearly a decade. 

Good to know.  Any idea what that torque spec is?  I've had a few wrenches where one feels like it takes less pressure to click so I've been a little worried about using the wrong wrench at times.  

Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

You guys are complaining about a wrench and I still don't have my driver. I am starting to think the rep probably got lazy and didn't place the order until a week or so after I sent it in. I ordered an essentially stock setup at 45" length. 

• Sad 1

TSR3 TSi3 3 Wood | 915H 18 |  T150 4-PW Vokey SM9  50, 54, 58 |  Ping PLD Anser 2D

14 minutes ago, Olddoncarlo said:

From what I'm reading both here and on other sites, I'm getting the impression that most people are "liking" the TSi3, but "loving" the TSi2.

While I prefer the look of the 3, I'm starting to think the 2 might suit me better.

Any thoughts?

The TS2 & TS3 (NOT the "i") were clearly targets as a more forgiving, higher spin driver (TS2) and a less forgiving but more maneuverable lower spin driver (TS3).

They later added, "mid-cycle", 2 other iterations even more specifically targeted - TS1 (MORE forgiving than the "2") and TS4 (MORE demanding than the "3")

I expect you can assume the same targeted golfers with these "i" drivers.

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X

23 minutes ago, Olddoncarlo said:

Any thoughts?

I didn't hit it a whole lot during my fitting but it was pretty clear to me that the TSi3 was more demanding than the 2.  I personally think the TS3 is more forgiving or easier to hit than the i3, but that's just me.  The i3 looks and sounds better but plays like a 445cc driver to me.  As soon as I went back to the i2, it was straight flight again even on mis hits.  The i2 looks better than most other "2" drivers Titleist has made in a while and the face is hot.  I think it's the choice if you want long drives (maybe not the absolute longest) but also want to keep it in play more often.  The i3 is sexy, no doubt though...

Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

12 hours ago, roxald said:

Rox

I never fully tighten (hearing for the "click") moveable/adjustable weights in any head. The risk of stripping or shearing off the bolt is not worth it, I just do it by feel if need be and tighten it til I feel a little resistance. Worst case scenario if it comes lose, use a little dab of Blue Loctite and your good to go.

• Like 1

Titleist TSi2 9* - Ventus Red TR

Callaway Rogue ST Max 18*

TM SIM2 Max 22*

Titleist T200 4-GW

Vokey SM9 54*/58*

Odyssey Stroke Lab DW

1 hour ago, Nixhex524 said:

Good to know.  Any idea what that torque spec is?  I've had a few wrenches where one feels like it takes less pressure to click so I've been a little worried about using the wrong wrench at times.  

Several threads on this over the years, but the torque spec is 40 in/lbs and use the T-25 torx bit. There was some variance among the smaller OEMs early on, but this has pretty much been the industry standard since 2015 (Cobra used a smaller torx bit prior to 2015 so be careful with those) and goes back nearly a decade with the big 4 US OEMs. Another caveat are the yellow TM wrenches made for the R7 weights which had a lower 30 in/lbs torque spec but no harm in using a lower rating for a shaft screw (although the higher rating wrench may strip those R7 weight screws).

As for the feel of different wrenches, some are cheaper than others and I am sure tolerances apply just like anything else (Ping ones have been the worst in my experience and feel easier to exceed the torque threshold). The Titleist ones seem to be the best quality but are also the heaviest. 

Edited by storm319
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, JStang said:

You guys are complaining about a wrench and I still don't have my driver. I am starting to think the rep probably got lazy and didn't place the order until a week or so after I sent it in. I ordered an essentially stock setup at 45" length. 

I’m still waiting on mine. I was fit and ordered on October 5th. The order was Acknowledged on October 30th, ironically that’s about the day I was told I would receive it. 

3 hours ago, sniper said:

I’m still waiting on mine. I was fit and ordered on October 5th. The order was Acknowledged on October 30th, ironically that’s about the day I was told I would receive it. 

I had fitting 10/22 and received confirmation that day for the order and haven't seen a change in status either. Fitter told me I should get it 11/09 because they were all built on 11/02 from the fitting days and shipped out.

Those of you who ordered from DD's.......did it drop ship to you directly from Titleist?

Titleist TSi2 10, Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore 6X, 45"

Titleist TSi2 16.5, Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore 7X, 43"

TaylorMade GAPR Mid 4, KBS

Titleist T100S, KBS C-Taper S+ 5-PW

Titleist SM8, 50F, 54S, 60D, TT S400 Custom 

Scotty Cameron Phantom X12, 35", Stability Tour

[url="https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/"]https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/[/url]

Im a titleist fan boy but very happy in ts3 so wont be changing this time anyway, but that's a horrible cost cutting move to not include a wrench in a premium priced driver. I know most have one, but that is not the point. New driver, new wrench, old one may be chewed up etc. Somebody taking up the game, or buying their first driver in years that has not got one should'nt have to go out their way to get one. 

I'm flabbergasted on the fact this is golfwrx and we are complaining about a 20 dollar wrench. The ones complaining probably have 4-5 at home already. And the obvious fact if you can afford to even play this expensive sport called golf a then you shouldn't be complaining about a 20 dollar wrench.  Just saying. 

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, btyh said:

I'm flabbergasted on the fact this is golfwrx and we are complaining about a 20 dollar wrench. The ones complaining probably have 4-5 at home already. And the obvious fact if you can afford to even play this expensive sport called golf a then you shouldn't be complaining about a 20 dollar wrench.  Just saying. 

Most on golf wrx will have 4-5 as they change drivers like their underwear, but the average golfer wont and should be able to adjust their shiny new $600 driver.

• Thanks 1

I got one with my TS3i that I purchased at PGA Super Store on release day.  I’m now wondering if the wrench I got was meant for one of the TS drivers they still have in stock.

Ping G430 Max 10K UST Lin-Q Black 6f5
Ping G430 15* AV Raw Blue 75 TX

Titleist TSi2 21* AV Raw Blue 75TX
Ping 3 iCrossover Tour 2.0 S 
Ping Blueprint S 5-W UST Dart V 120 F5
Ping S159 50S 54S UST Daet V 120 F5

Vokey 58M MMT 125 TX
Lab Mezz 1 Accra 
Snell Prime

30 minutes ago, btyh said:

Again , it's not the point of already having a wrench, but that a premium driver did not come with a new one is the mindset. I've purchased the last 3 Titleist released drivers , and a couple iterations of fairways and they all came with a wrench and I've given most of them away. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DNice26 said:

Those of you who ordered from DD's.......did it drop ship to you directly from Titleist?

Don't know.  Hasn't done in the past.  I ordered back on Oct. 14th and the cub has not been built yet according to DDs

Driver: Cobra LTDxLS @ 9º (8.25º) w/ Fujikura Speeder TR 661s

Fairway: Callaway Mavrik 4W @ 16º w/ ProjectX Evenflow Black 70s

Hybrid: Sub70 939x 4H @ 21º w/ ProjectX Black Hybrid 6.0

Irons: Artisan HC 4/5 w/ Steelfiber i95cw Stiff; 6-PW w/ Steelfiber i110cw Stiff

Wedges: Artisan Raw 51º, 56º, 61º w/ Modus 120s (to  be re-shafted with Steelfibers to match irons)

Putter: Artisan 0318 Deep Milled

• easyyy featured this topic
  • easyyy unfeatured this topic