2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Titleist TSi 2 & TSi 3 driver and 3 woods - 2020 Safeway Open

pga43

For those that had the TS2/3 Fairway woods, how do the new TSi2/3 compare? I thought the TS3 3w was one of the best I've ever used, but I'm always interested at what new products bring to the table. 

Callaway AI Smoke TD 9° | Ventus Black 6X

Titleist TSR2+ 14.5*  | Ventus Black 7X

Titleist TSR2 18*  | AV Raw Blue 8TX

Titleist  '23 T200 (4) T100 5-9  | PX Rifle 6.5
Titleist  SM9 46 / 50 / 54 / 58  | PX Rifle 6.0

**Putter Unknown**

12 hours ago, agood3putt said:

For those of you that have used the TS2 prior.....I had the driver for a good amount of time but could not get the thing to stop hooking on me and the face always looked closed even with the Surefit settings. I purchased the TSi3 blindly and hoping for the better!

I don't wanna sound like a jerk, but if your hooking the ball with a relatively forgiving/easy to hit driver it is best to address your swing first then blindly buying equipment to fix it. I hit both the TSi2 and TSi3 heads and they both gave me similar results, but preferred the look and shape of the TSi2. The TSi2 IMO doesn't look closed at address and is def. not a "draw biased" head.

Edited by choppstixxx
  • Like 2

Titleist TSi2 9* - Ventus Red TR

Callaway Rogue ST Max 18*

TM SIM2 Max 22*

Titleist T200 4-GW

Vokey SM9 54*/58*

Odyssey Stroke Lab DW

13 hours ago, Negncic said:

For those that hit both 3 woods, did you notice any difference between them when hitting them off the deck?

Off the deck is all I hit at my fitting.  I ended up with tsi2 but at the lower loft than you would play the tsi3.  For me if comparing the two you need to go with the tsi2 [13.5] to the tsi3 15deg head.  That puts you at level ground for launch and spin.  The tsi3 just went left way too much.  For me and others the tsi3 has more of a shut face look than the tsi2 and I saw that in the performance.  I think theres some YouTube videos that back that up as well...

• Like 1

PING G410 9 Flat(HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5/Ventus Black 7x)
PING G410 14.5 (HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5)
PING G425 LST 14.5 (Speeder Tour Spec 7.2x)

PING G410 17.5 (HZRDUS T1100 85g 6.5)

NIKE Vapor Fly 20* Iron (Modus105x HS)

PING i500 20* iron (DG105x100)

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)

52 milled grind (DGX7)  / Vokey TVD K 58 (DGX7)
TM Spider Armlock/SIK Armlock

3 hours ago, 2ndCut16 said:

For those that had the TS2/3 Fairway woods, how do the new TSi2/3 compare? I thought the TS3 3w was one of the best I've ever used, but I'm always interested at what new products bring to the table. 

I was never fitted for the ts3 F but with my tsi3 F I was fitted and was able to get drastically lower spin on the shots and picked up 10 yards 

2 hours ago, choppstixxx said:

I don't wanna sound like a jerk, but if your hooking the ball with a relatively forgiving/easy to hit driver it is best to address your swing first then blindly buying equipment to fix it. I hit both the TSi2 and TSi3 heads and they both gave me similar results, but preferred the look and shape of the TSi2. The TSi2 IMO doesn't look closed at address and is def. not a "draw biased" head.

You wouldn’t say the tsi3 has any fade bias?

6 hours ago, choppstixxx said:

Not a jerk at all! But who wants to work on a swing when you can just "fix" it with a club (joking of course). Appreciate the insight, we'll see if the TSi3 does it for me. Would you say that the TSi3 is more fade biased than the TSi2? Or would that be easily overcompensated using the SureFit neck?

PING G430 LST 10.5° | DIAMANA GT 60X

COBRA DARKSPEED X 3HF 16.5° | HZRDUS BLACK 70X

PING G425 7W 20.5° | DIAMANA GT 70X

SRIXON ZX5 5-6 | MMT TAPER 105TX

SRIXON ZX7 7-PW | MMT TAPER 105TX

PING GLIDE 4.0 50°/54°/58° | MMT WEDGE 125TX

ODYSSEY TRI-HOT 5K SEVEN DB

SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND 

11 hours ago, 2ndCut16 said:

Small sample size for me today.. hit some at the range.  I really like my TS3 13.5 and didn't think it could be beaten.  However.. I was killing my new TSi3 13.5.  Granted.. it was on a range with range balls, but I like what I'm seeing so far.  The new TSi3 seemed to be flying better.. especially into a stiff breeze.  Obviously no scientific data to share but I'm really anxious to get them side by side on the course.

• Thanks 1

Titleist TSR4 8*  Ventus Black TR 6x
Titleist TSr3 13.5 Ventus Black TR 7x
Mizuno Pro 221 4-pw Modus 125x
Vokey SM9 52.08F 56.08M 60.04T
Scotty Newport Button Back or
Scotty Select 1/500 Newport Black Mist

14 minutes ago, FOOTJOY16 said:

Small sample size for me today.. hit some at the range.  I really like my TS3 13.5 and didn't think it could be beaten.  However.. I was killing my new TSi3 13.5.  Granted.. it was on a range with range balls, but I like what I'm seeing so far.  The new TSi3 seemed to be flying better.. especially into a stiff breeze.  Obviously no scientific data to share but I'm really anxious to get them side by side on the course.

What shaft worked for you and was it the same in each head?

11 hours ago, 2ndCut16 said:

Stick with the previous iteration.  The new models both look close and went left on me even when I put in in the flat B1 setting.  I actually ordered another TS2 in 15 degree with slightly heavier stiffer shaft to compete with my TS2 13.5 degree.  Also, the sound and feel felt far better with the last model.  I knew before I even hit I couldn't play it.  Definitely a step backward for me.  

Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5 Project X Denali Black 60S 

Callaway AI Smoke Max Project X Denali Black 70S 3 Wood

Callaway Apex UW 19 & 21 deg MMT 70 Stiff

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP 5-PW Project X IO 5.5

Vokey SM10 50.08F & 56M DG S200

Callaway Jaws Raw Face Chrome 60Z DG Spinner 115 Steel

Odyssey Dual Force OR  Odyssey Jailbird LE 380 Microhinge Putter

TaylorMade TP5

Vessel Lux XV 2.0 Black Cart Bag

19 minutes ago, golffeen007 said:

What shaft worked for you and was it the same in each head?

I tested both with the same shafts.. the stock tensei raw white 75x.  Also tried a Diamana 80x and Hazardous smoke black.  The TSi3 was better with all shafts but especially with the raw white..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, odshot68 said:

Stick with the previous iteration.  The new models both look close and went left on me even when I put in in the flat B1 setting.  I actually ordered another TS2 in 15 degree with slightly heavier stiffer shaft to compete with my TS2 13.5 degree.  Also, the sound and feel felt far better with the last model.  I knew before I even hit I couldn't play it.  Definitely a step backward for me.  

First time I've seen someone say the sound and feel was better with the TS series fairway over the TSi. That isn't the case with the driver by a long shot.

12 minutes ago, golffeen007 said:

First time I've seen someone say the sound and feel was better with the TS series fairway over the TSi. That isn't the case with the driver by a long shot.

I love my driver and didn't even look at the new Titleist.  I can't comment regarding it.

Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5 Project X Denali Black 60S 

Callaway AI Smoke Max Project X Denali Black 70S 3 Wood

Callaway Apex UW 19 & 21 deg MMT 70 Stiff

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP 5-PW Project X IO 5.5

Vokey SM10 50.08F & 56M DG S200

Callaway Jaws Raw Face Chrome 60Z DG Spinner 115 Steel

Odyssey Dual Force OR  Odyssey Jailbird LE 380 Microhinge Putter

TaylorMade TP5

Vessel Lux XV 2.0 Black Cart Bag

52 minutes ago, odshot68 said:

This just goes to show that everyone should try before they buy because it can give anyone different outcomes. Tsi3 got into my bag really fast.

• Like 1

Ordered TSi3 8 deg and TSi3 15 deg first day of pre-order and was just notified today that my driver shipped but not 3 wood. 

Titleist TSR3 8 deg - Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6X

Titleist TSi3 15 deg - Fujikura Ventus Black 8X

Titleist TSR3 19 deg - Fujikura Ventus Black HB 9TX

Titleist T200 4 - TT DG TI X100

Titleist T100 (2019) 5-PW - TT DG TI X100

Vokey SM10 Jet Black 50.12 F - TT DG TI X100

Vokey SM10 Jet Black 54.14 F - TT DG TI S400

Vokey SM10 Jet Black 58.08 M - TT DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

Titleist ProV1

6 minutes ago, HappyGilmore22 said:

Ordered TSi3 8 deg and TSi3 15 deg first day of pre-order and was just notified today that my driver shipped but not 3 wood. 

Hopefully the 3 wood isn't far behind.  You are going to really like the driver...

On 11/17/2020 at 10:18 PM, EddyVN said:

So after calling Titleist because my order status had not updated since the fitting on 11/05, they told me the club shipped today, which is great. One thing I did think was a bit annoying is that I asked for them to do the Tensei White in TX, which is listed on the site and even let me know if there's an upcharge option. But they just said they dont have it in TX and its shipped/built with X.

How...

I mean its not some mystery shaft, its right here: https://www.mca-golf.com/products/av-raw-white

Anyways... Still excited, but now maybe just sprinkling a dusting of annoyed in

This is interesting - I had a call from my pro this morning (significantly after my order) to let me know that the TXs are on back order in the UK and that unless I change shaft choice, I won’t have my sticks until the end of February(!) That said, I’d prefer to wait than have the choice made for me. Three months seems an unfeasibly long delay for a shaft to be made and shipped.

my money is on Titleist not planning to put the TX on offer originally and now hoping that a long delay encourages people to change their pick. 

8 hours ago, btyh said:

This just goes to show that everyone should try before they buy because it can give anyone different outcomes. Tsi3 got into my bag really fast.

I didn’t find it sat closed necessarily, but the 3 was much more prone to left than the 2, for me. 

went into the fitting expecting to take the 3, but numbers were undeniable. 2 was much better for me. 3 produced much better results for me on the driver - there’s really no substitute for spending time in trial and error. 

I saw that Titleist is now selling the TSI woods on the site directly, pretty good shaft choices but not all of them. I’ve used a couple of sites where it lets me order a whiteboard TX for like 100 bucks extra, anybody know if Titleist actually processes this order? Is this an “off menu” shaft that they will actually carry? 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, toddyc said:

You wouldn’t say the tsi3 has any fade bias?

17 hours ago, agood3putt said:

Not a jerk at all! But who wants to work on a swing when you can just "fix" it with a club (joking of course). Appreciate the insight, we'll see if the TSi3 does it for me. Would you say that the TSi3 is more fade biased than the TSi2? Or would that be easily overcompensated using the SureFit neck?

With the TSi3, the shape was the only difference between the two for me. The face felt deeper/taller, which wasn't as friendly for me and my swing.

Titleist TSi2 9* - Ventus Red TR

Callaway Rogue ST Max 18*

TM SIM2 Max 22*

Titleist T200 4-GW

Vokey SM9 54*/58*

Odyssey Stroke Lab DW

3 hours ago, SUPERG said:

I saw that Titleist is now selling the TSI woods on the site directly, pretty good shaft choices but not all of them. I’ve used a couple of sites where it lets me order a whiteboard TX for like 100 bucks extra, anybody know if Titleist actually processes this order? Is this an “off menu” shaft that they will actually carry? 

If you place the order titleist will process it.

Apples to pineapples comparison of TS2 3w to TSi3 5w.  It was a little chilly this morning on the range.  Cold temps and firm ground are a great motivator for finding the center of the clubface.

ts1.jpg

ts2.jpg

Titleist TSr4 10.0*  Mitsubishi WB 63 tx  
TaylorMade BRNR Mini 13.5* Kai'li white- tx
Srixon ZX5 (4-6) ZX7 (7-pw) KBS tour 130-x
Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway Full Toe 54*, 60* TT x-100
Callaway PM Grind 64*
Toulon First Run Las Vegas DB

Pro V1

Picked the TSi3 up at lunch finally, long wait post fitting!

Had time to kill so hit a bucket of balls too, prob 20 or so with it and hit a few switching back to my G400 Max gamer. All I can say is wow

The sound is 14 out of 10. Goes like a bome and only missed one left. 

Denver (so altitude) but the range has a picker parked at 325 and I was carrying it/hitting it. G400 was landing short and hopping over. I can't wait to get this thing on the course.

• Like 1

Callaway Paradym TD 10.5 - Ventus TR Blue 6x
3 Wood - Stealth 2+ - Ventus TR Red 7x
5 wood - Paradym TD - Kai'li 80x
hyrid - 22* Ping G425 - Ventus Blue 10x
4i - PW - PX 0317 ST - KBS 130x
50-54-58 - Edel SMS Pro Wedges - S400 TI
LAB Mezz Armlock - LAGP

8 hours ago, Campbells_Soup said:

Emailed DD's the last two days hoping to get an update on my order from 10/22 and yet to get a reply. A little disappointed in that. Anyone know the policy if you want to cancel the order before it's shipped?

I’m not sure on the cancellation policy, but I also ordered from DD on 10/22 and was given a 11/19 ship date. My club shipped on 11/19. 

• easyyy featured this topic
  • easyyy unfeatured this topic