Titleist TSi 2 & TSi 3 driver and 3 woods - 2020 Safeway Open

pga43

Just ordered mine in Germany, Tsi3 with the Graphite Design AD XC stiff shaft. Promised myself a better year next year, this new driver with hopefully great shaft will do the job. Tried the TSi2 and Tsi3 both with AV Raw White shaft and man Titleist did a good job with their new driver. Coming from a ST190G with Atmos black TS shaft, the Tsi3 was the clear winner, looks, sound and feel. Sort of pampering myself therefore going with the AD XC shaft, no rational other than shiny new and something never tried before (from the Netherlands and shafts like this are nowhere to be found). And if not the perfect shaft for me I'm sure there will be an AV raw White for sale somewhere. Should ship quickly as per the sellers website, will update once received.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, choppstixxx said:

Have you even hit the TSi2/3?

As someone that did and got fitted for one, these sorta break outta the mold of the standard Callaway/TM model. Where the TSi2 and TSi3 models are more personal preference rather than "if you are a high hdcp you should play X". If you are truly hooking the ball or slicing the ball, this is not any bit the clubs fault. So many people try to find the "magic bullet" (new equipment) to fix swing issues, rather than get professional lessons. I was one of those people at one time, a club can only "fix" so much.

Not sure what my hitting either driver has to do with anything but,,,,,,,,,,

You seem to be suggesting that the 2 are the same. If they are, do you think they'd go to all the trouble, not to mention cost, of bringing out 2 "different" drivers that are the same - except for a slightly different appearance ? Or do you think they "have to"; you know, to keep up with the Joneses ?

And nobody suggested that hooking or slicking was the club's fault. Nor did anyone suggest a "magic bullet" or that a club's bias will turn a hook into a slice or vice versa. ALL adjustments/differences are tweaks at best.

Sorry to have (apparently) offended you so badly.

But it's impossible to deny that different clubs are targeted at different golfers.

"TSi offers players two distinct ways to take advantage of our most advanced driver design ever. Find the one that fits you and experience what it’s like to step up to every tee ready to perform."

"TSi2 Driver
PURE DISTANCE

For players seeking incredible speed and accuracy across the entire surface of the face.

TSi3 Driver
DYNAMIC DISTANCE

For players who create consistent contact and require more precise control over CG placement."

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X

1 hour ago, choppstixxx said:

Not to mention, Robert Streb just won the RSM Classic with a TSi2. So if Titleist geared each head towards better or worse players why would a PGA player use a "draw biased" head when they can work the ball whichever way they want.

There have been MANY Tour players that have played the more forgiving, usually spinier, version of a company's pair of premium drivers; just as there have been winners on Tour that have played all sorts of GI irons, player's cavity backs and blades.

Not to mention those who have played more forgiving mallet putters as well as blade putters with little-to-no heel-to-toe weighting.

Golf - truly a sport with something for everyone. :classic_smile:

• Thanks 1

Titleist Pro V1X

3 minutes ago, nsxguy said:

Not sure what my hitting either driver has to do with anything but,,,,,,,,,,

You seem to be suggesting that the 2 are the same. If they are, do you think they'd go to all the trouble, not to mention cost, of bringing out 2 "different" drivers that are the same - except for a slightly different appearance ? Or do you think they "have to"; you know, to keep up with the Joneses ?

And nobody suggested that hooking or slicking was the club's fault. Nor did anyone suggest a "magic bullet" or that a club's bias will turn a hook into a slice or vice versa. ALL adjustments/differences are tweaks at best.

Sorry to have (apparently) offended you so badly.

But it's impossible to deny that different clubs are targeted at different golfers...

No offense taken at all, but how can you make a credible/accurate statement of two clubs you've never hit/gotten data to back it up?

I agree that clubs in general are targeted at different people, but that is not solely based on how good/bad they are at playing golf aka their hdcp.

Titleist TSi2 9* - Ventus Red TR

Callaway Rogue ST Max 18*

TM SIM2 Max 22*

Titleist T200 4-GW

Vokey SM9 54*/58*

Odyssey Stroke Lab DW

1 hour ago, choppstixxx said:

Not to mention, Robert Streb just won the RSM Classic with a TSi2. So if Titleist geared each head towards better or worse players why would a PGA player use a "draw biased" head when they can work the ball whichever way they want.

Most drivers on tour in whatever model are tweaked for the player including choice of lie angle, loft, face angle,  weighting bias, hotmelt etc.  So it's hard to say.   Streb's bag looks odd all around.  Plays very flexible shafts for a tour player.  But that is good he is playing what works for him.  Smart man.

PING G410 9 Flat(HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5/Ventus Black 7x)
PING G410 14.5 (HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5)
PING G425 LST 14.5 (Speeder Tour Spec 7.2x)

PING G410 17.5 (HZRDUS T1100 85g 6.5)

NIKE Vapor Fly 20* Iron (Modus105x HS)

PING i500 20* iron (DG105x100)

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)

52 milled grind (DGX7)  / Vokey TVD K 58 (DGX7)
TM Spider Armlock/SIK Armlock

8 minutes ago, nsxguy said:

There have been MANY Tour players that have played the more forgiving, usually spinier, version of a company's pair of premium drivers; just as there have been winners on Tour that have played all sorts of GI irons, player's cavity backs and blades.

Not to mention those who have played more forgiving mallet putters as well as blade putters with little-to-no heel-to-toe weighting.

Golf - truly a sport with something for everyone. :classic_smile:

Which proves exactly what I have been saying, we have gotten to the point where clubs are sorta maxed out on "forgiveness" and really "adjustability". What sets each manufacturer apart a lot of the time is look/feel/sound, hence why they offer a few different models.

Edited by choppstixxx

TM SIM2 Max 22*

Titleist T200 4-GW

Vokey SM9 54*/58*

Odyssey Stroke Lab DW

20 minutes ago, choppstixxx said:

No offense taken at all, but how can you make a credible/accurate statement of two clubs you've never hit/gotten data to back it up?

I agree that clubs in general are targeted at different people, but that is not solely based on how good/bad they are at playing golf aka their hdcp.

You ask how I can make a credible statement about the 2 drivers when I gave you the text from their own website ? And then you edit out said text from Titleist's own site about their own drivers ? :classic_rolleyes:

And who said anything about anything being solely based on their handicap ?

But that said, while I will certainly agree that a person's handicap does not dictate every phase of their game, how else would one objectively evaluate a golfer they've never seen strike a golf ball ?

15 minutes ago, choppstixxx said:

Which proves exactly what I have been saying, we have gotten to the point where clubs are sorta maxed out on "forgiveness" and really "adjustability". What sets each manufacturer apart a lot of the time is look/feel/sound, hence why they offer a few different models.

So you're falling back on "there's no difference".

Understood. 👍

Titleist Pro V1X

39 minutes ago, nsxguy said:

You ask how I can make a credible statement about the 2 drivers when I gave you the text from their own website ? And then you edit out said text from Titleist's own site about their own drivers ? :classic_rolleyes:

And who said anything about anything being solely based on their handicap ?

But that said, while I will certainly agree that a person's handicap does not dictate every phase of their game, how else would one objectively evaluate a golfer they've never seen strike a golf ball ?

So you're falling back on "there's no difference".

Understood. 👍

I edited out the text, because I didn't want to take up a huge amount of space in the response. If you look at how I quoted your response I added a "..." at the end indicating there was more to it.

I am not "falling back", I am going off facts from my own fitting/info from the PGA professional that fit me and information found from others that have tested these clubs. I believe there is a marginal difference between performance in the two models, however in the TSi3 you get an adjustable weight track which to some is an important feature to them.

This will be my last response in regards to this, I was someone that used to buy clubs sight unseen and based on hype/info you find on the manufacturers websites etc. This was the first club I ever was fit for or tested with actual data to back up my decisions. I am now hitting the ball farther and more consistent thanks to a Titleist Thursday fitting. I encourage anyone that has access to it, to make an appointment and give it a try.

Edited by choppstixxx

TM SIM2 Max 22*

Titleist T200 4-GW

Vokey SM9 54*/58*

Odyssey Stroke Lab DW

I must be broken.  I hit both the 2 and 3 with the same shaft.  The 2 went really high and straight.  I hooked the 3. 

Titleist TSr 3 10°, Ventus Blue 6s
Titleist TSr 2 16.5°, Ventus Blue 7s

Ping G430 3, 4, 5 hybrid, Alta CB Black 70s

PXG 0317T 6-GW Mitsubishi MMT 80s
Vokey SM9 54° D, 60° T, KBS TGI 95s

L.A.B. Mezz.1 Max 35”, Accra

11 minutes ago, choppstixxx said:

I believe there is a marginal difference between performance in the two models, however in the TSi3 you get an adjustable weight track which to some is an important feature to them.

So there IS a difference. Thanks for confirming what I, and Titleist, said.

11 minutes ago, choppstixxx said:

I am now hitting the ball farther and more consistent thanks to a Titleist Thursday fitting. I encourage anyone that has access to it, to make an appointment and give it a try.

Glad to hear you've found your stick.

And I couldn't agree more. 👍

Titleist Pro V1X

Got a few of my TSi clubs today. 

All drivers had the wrench included. 

Both drivers (65) and fairways (75) with Raw White/Blue in X that was ordered in standard length had green weight (-2) to come in at D2. Titleist was spot on for all clubs custom ordered regarding length, swing weight and tipping. 

TSi3 fw really has a whistling noice when you swing it, very noticeable indoors not a big thing outdoor but still very clear there as well. 

Raw Blue in X is a very kind X shaft. White in X is way more to handle and need some real horsepower in comparison. 

No love for TSi2 driver from me, love the TSi3 driver in every aspect. 

For fairways it’s the opposite, TSi3 fairway is ok, but a small disappointment while TSi2 fairway was love at first sight (okay first shot, do like the looks of TSi3 fairway better). 

I still have some trouble that I think TSi2/3 fairways looks slightly closed even in C1.  The biggest surprise is that I find the TSi3 to be a little bit more closed than TSi2, should be the opposite. One big difference you can test by yourself is to put both heads on a firm ground (no grass) with shaft installed. Then you move your hands up and down testing different heights of your hands.  Then you will see that TSi2 head will look the same no matter of hight, it won’t move. But TSi3 will very clearly close its head when you lower your hands and open up when you have your hands high. 

Edit: Clarification - you should lower and raise the club being loose and only use one open hand so the club can twist freely  following the clubs natural head shape when you move up and down. 

Also if you remove the shaft and place the heads on a table and look at the bottoms of the heads from the side you can see TSi3 actually lays totally flat and in contact with both the front and the back of the head with the table. TSi2 only have contact with the front of the head while the back of the head is in the air. 

Edited by MrShield

I think if fit properly in the 2 and the 3, the performance gains will not be much different, or the same.  It is my belief that the 2 is more forgiving and will be easier to control overall but during my fitting, best to best, there was really no difference in the numbers.

Titleist TSr2 10*  GD UB 6s

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 19* Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

Srixon ZX7 mkii 4-7, Z-Forged ii 8-P KBS CTL 110

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

4 hours ago, mikeh1 said:

Just ordered mine in Germany, Tsi3 with the Graphite Design AD XC stiff shaft. Promised myself a better year next year, this new driver with hopefully great shaft will do the job. Tried the TSi2 and Tsi3 both with AV Raw White shaft and man Titleist did a good job with their new driver. Coming from a ST190G with Atmos black TS shaft, the Tsi3 was the clear winner, looks, sound and feel. Sort of pampering myself therefore going with the AD XC shaft, no rational other than shiny new and something never tried before (from the Netherlands and shafts like this are nowhere to be found). And if not the perfect shaft for me I'm sure there will be an AV raw White for sale somewhere. Should ship quickly as per the sellers website, will update once received.

If you liked the AV White, you will likely enjoy the XC very much. Very similar profile and just very small difference in torque, balance and overall feel.  

Ai Smoke ♦️♦️♦️ 9* Ventus TR Blue 6x

BRNR Mini 13.5 Kaili White 60x

TSR3 18* Ventus TR Red 7x
TSR3 24* IZ 95x
Ping Blueprint S 5-PW $-Taper 120

PING S159 50, 55, 60h 
Phantom X 7

2 hours ago, jbole267 said:

I’m thinking Titleist might’ve been hearing the no wrench complaint and starting throwing them in now. That’s a few that have had included lately.

got mine Friday without the wrench. I have 5 so don't care but just for information for anyone keeping track and it matters to them.

• Like 1

Usually you can find aftermarket weights online a couple months after release or OEM weights that people don't want. If you order them through an authorized Titleist dealer they are usually crazy expensive, like you would think that they were made out of gold for the prices they charge. 

• Like 1

Ai Smoke ♦️♦️♦️ 9* Ventus TR Blue 6x

BRNR Mini 13.5 Kaili White 60x

TSR3 18* Ventus TR Red 7x
TSR3 24* IZ 95x
Ping Blueprint S 5-PW $-Taper 120

PING S159 50, 55, 60h 
Phantom X 7

Long time TMAG player - sim player 

anyone convert ??

the tsi3 face looks fairly deep vs the more narrow sim 

how does this launch vs a sim 9 like to like lofts. 

great looking driver , I hit is sparingly the other day liked the look and feel , the sound I wasn’t thrilled with 

thx 

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

3w Stealth 2 + 15* Ventus Red 9x tipped 2" 43”  

2i TMAG P790 2i Hzdus 100g X  

Titleist MB 620 3-PW (47* PW) PX 7.0 Std Length -2 flat from Titleist Spec 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

On 11/4/2020 at 2:19 PM, golffeen007 said:

My TSi3 9* fitted with the raw white 65x came in yesterday and I was able to take it to the range this morning. First off , let me say , that the head shape down by the ball looks fantastic to my eye! I'm in the 116-118 SS category and I found the X at C1 to give me the shot shape and perfect window desired for the shot I tried to perform. My favorite go to shot shape is a little bleeder butter cut that I lost when I left the TS3 and chased distance with TM and Callaway, but I'm more than stoked to see it back in the TSi3.  I've always teetered between X , XX and TX , just depending on the head and what I wanted out of it. This combo seems like a mighty good setup for me out of the box, but I do have a few other shafts I plan to testing against and get some actual numbers on them all. 

Had you tried the 8*?

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

On 11/6/2020 at 4:30 PM, Bdmac79 said:

I went from 9.5* in TS3 to 9* SIM (10* measured loft) to 9* TSi3.  Thought about going 10* at C1, but 9* at B1 has been pretty stellar thus far.  

What’s your ss ? 

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

6 hours ago, halfsumo said:

If you liked the AV White, you will likely enjoy the XC very much. Very similar profile and just very small difference in torque, balance and overall feel.  

This was not my experience at all.  The Tensei was by far better feeling and had tighter dispersion.  BUT... everyone is different so this may not be true for someone else, just wanted to add my real world experience!!  Only shaft I didn't test was the IZ and kind of wish I had just so my mind wouldn't be wondering....  Getting my TSi2 out tomorrow for its first real round, very much looking forward to it.

Titleist TSr2 10*  GD UB 6s

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 19* Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

Srixon ZX7 mkii 4-7, Z-Forged ii 8-P KBS CTL 110

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

FYI that ati 425 material - allegheny technologies inc in Pittsburgh PA

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

Just got my TSi3 9* driver and TSi3 15* fairway. Both with Tensei AV Raw White 65/75 Stiff. 

Coming from the TS2 9* last season with a Tensei Pro White. And TS2 15* Pro White 70 

ABSOLUTELY love the feel of the driver and fairway. Was a little hesistant about it being a smaller footprint as I’ve been used to and especially coming from th G410 driver and 3 wood. Sound is muted but not carbon muted sounds great! Spin was perfect for me and I think the flight is a lot more penetrating which is what I’ve needed. I think the Tensei AV shafts compliment these woods very well

Final Sure Fit setting for Driver was A1 and weight at neutral. 15* was set to B4 and weight neutral

Well done titleist! 

PING G430 LST 10.5° | DIAMANA GT 60X

COBRA DARKSPEED X 3HF 16.5° | HZRDUS BLACK 70X

PING G425 7W 20.5° | DIAMANA GT 70X

SRIXON ZX5 5-6 | MMT TAPER 105TX

SRIXON ZX7 7-PW | MMT TAPER 105TX

PING GLIDE 4.0 50°/54°/58° | MMT WEDGE 125TX

ODYSSEY TRI-HOT 5K SEVEN DB

SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND 

6 hours ago, Nixhex524 said:

This was not my experience at all.  The Tensei was by far better feeling and had tighter dispersion.  BUT... everyone is different so this may not be true for someone else, just wanted to add my real world experience!!  Only shaft I didn't test was the IZ and kind of wish I had just so my mind wouldn't be wondering....  Getting my TSi2 out tomorrow for its first real round, very much looking forward to it.

Club already shipped so as soon as it arrives my personal experience will be shared!

13 hours ago, halfsumo said:

on paper and reading reviews I've got that feeling too. Now let's see what real world testing brings up once the club arrives.

On 10/20/2020 at 5:58 PM, golffeen007 said:

All to well understand. Left for greener grass with the SIM too , fast ball speeds and long as h*** but wasn't as consistent as my TS3 / Ventus black. Gave up a few yards but rather have a PW in the fairway vs a wedge in the rough!

I might be getting in your boat , what was your sim set up

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

• easyyy featured this topic
  • easyyy unfeatured this topic