2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Titleist TSi 2 & TSi 3 driver and 3 woods - 2020 Safeway Open

pga43

I picked up my TSi3 last night from the pro shop. Once I got home, I checked the specs and it was bang on at 45", D2 swing weight and the head weight is 195g. 

I typically play a head closer to 200g but I am going to see how it feels as is before tinkering. It looks perfect at address and can't wait to get out on the range in an hour. I would typically just add some hot melt but if the sound is as good as everyone says, I may just pick up a heavier weight. 

• Like 1

TSR3 TSi3 3 Wood | 915H 18 |  T150 4-PW Vokey SM9  50, 54, 58 |  Ping PLD Anser 2D

16 hours ago, TTCarrera said:

Does anyone know anything about availability of +/- replacement weights for the TSi3? I want to increase mine by +4 or +6 grams but I can't find any info on Titleist's website. 

13 hours ago, gioria126 said:

Does anyone know when Titleist will start to offer weight kits for TSi2 / 3 drivers? Want to make my TSi2 driver lighter.

They are available through Titleist dealers.  We will have ours in by mid December.

• Like 1

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

4 hours ago, JStang said:

I picked up my TSi3 last night from the pro shop. Once I got home, I checked the specs and it was bang on at 45", D2 swing weight and the head weight is 195g. 

I typically play a head closer to 200g but I am going to see how it feels as is before tinkering. It looks perfect at address and can't wait to get out on the range in an hour. I would typically just add some hot melt but if the sound is as good as everyone says, I may just pick up a heavier weight. 

I have 195 also , 313 over all with 60 g shaft

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

3w Stealth 2 + 15* Ventus Red 9x tipped 2" 43”  

2i TMAG P790 2i Hzdus 100g X  

Titleist MB 620 3-PW (47* PW) PX 7.0 Std Length -2 flat from Titleist Spec 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

Mine has the +2 weight and weights a touch over 195g.  With an adapter, it is 204.5.  Weighs exactly the same as my prior tour SIM (including adapter) with 5-6g of hotmelt.  

TSR3 10*/AD-DI 6x
TSR2 15*/AD-DI 7x
TS2 19*/AD-IZ 85x

T200 4/AD-IZ 95x

T100 5-9/PX LZ
SM9 46F, 50F, 54S, 60M/PX LZ

SC NP2 Tour CT Custom

Pro V1x

On 10/13/2020 at 8:34 PM, CallawayLefty said:

Had the chance to demo the drivers tonight.  Wow....really really good.  The TSI3 especially.  The look and sound was fantastic, and I found them to be long and spin right in the right neighborhood (2000 to 2600 at 120 mph club speed).  Man that is going to make for some tough decisions.  

What loft did you test 

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

Got my TSi2 out today for it's first round... First few holes I used it on were just ok, feel was great but I was pulling them left.  It wasn't until the back 9 where I really started to get the hang of it... on the front 9 I was getting some mid launching  bullets that would run out nicely but I wanted more height. 

On the back I decided to let loose a little and tee it up higher and try and attack it from a more upward angle.  This thing came to LIFE!  I am amazed at how easy it is to hit this driver straight and it is about 5-10 yards longer than my previous gamer G400 Max.  Had one or two toe strikes that hooked but didn't kill me and they were still lengthy... So far I am really impressed.  I will get it out Friday and see how consistent todays results were.  Driver has been a thorn in my side this season, I am lucky to hit 5-6 fairways a round, today I hit 10.  

Honorable mention to my newly acquired 718 CB.... I always liked the AP2 but preferred the look of the more compact CB.  These are clearly a great blend of both, touting the looks of the CB but all the forgiveness of the AP2.  I had them bent strong to a more modern player CB loft and they are fantastic.  

Will report back with more on the driver, but round 1 is a huge success for me.

Ping G430 10k 9*  Ventus blue 6x

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 19* Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

Nike VFP  4i KBS CTL 115x ss1x

Ping i230 5-P KBS CTL 115x ss1x

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

2 hours ago, Bdmac79 said:

Mine has the +2 weight and weights a touch over 195g.  With an adapter, it is 204.5.  Weighs exactly the same as my prior tour SIM (including adapter) with 5-6g of hotmelt.  

What color is the +2 weight?  Fitter said he added this to my head but upon receipt of my driver, the weight I have in my TSi2 is the red one and wondering if it got overlooked.  

Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

2 hours ago, Bdmac79 said:

Speaking of SIM, can you compare off center strikes of the two? Flight, distance loss etc......thanks

So I made the leap , 9* tsi3 and a fw 15* (getting the ventus’ installed blk 6x and red 9x ) long long long time TMAG guy 

deeper face , feel , sound , and a bit of forgiveness across the face sold it + I feel the lofts on titleist are closer to spec 

was debating 8 or 9 , I’m 116-117 driver , + 3 aoa , spun 2400 rpm  , 14* LA , great control , was estimating my ventus blk would knock some off vs getting the 8* & knuckle balls .    Reason for the switch , TMAG is my go to , the 3w will be hard to beat , but I want something that’s going help a little more on off days.   TMAG LM king and maybe king of the drivers , possibly,  longer than this , but I want something that will impact my game +\- couple yards won’t kill me (I think😉)

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

1 hour ago, Nixhex524 said:

What color is the +2 weight?  Fitter said he added this to my head but upon receipt of my driver, the weight I have in my TSi2 is the red one and wondering if it got overlooked.  

Red weight is +2.  I have the red one in my TSi3.

Edited by dwboston
  • Thanks 1

Titleist TSR2 11*, Oban Devotion 6S

Titleist TSR2 16.5*, GD Tour AD BB 7S

Titleist TSR2 21*, Fujikura Speeder Pro TS 84

Titleist TS2 25*, GD Tour AD HY 95S
Titleist T100S, 6-GW, Recoil 110 F4

Miura 52.06, 56.10, 60.09, Recoil Proto 125 F4

Ping PLD Custom Anser 4, 34"/355g

1 hour ago, drbonesvt said:

So I made the leap , 9* tsi3 and a fw 15* (getting the ventus’ installed blk 6x and red 9x ) long long long time TMAG guy 

deeper face , feel , sound , and a bit of forgiveness across the face sold it + I feel the lofts on titleist are closer to spec 

was debating 8 or 9 , I’m 116-117 driver , + 3 aoa , spun 2400 rpm  , 14* LA , great control , was estimating my ventus blk would knock some off vs getting the 8* & knuckle balls .    Reason for the switch , TMAG is my go to , the 3w will be hard to beat , but I want something that’s going help a little more on off days.   TMAG LM king and maybe king of the drivers , possibly,  longer than this , but I want something that will impact my game +\- couple yards won’t kill me (I think😉)

Man.. those will be awesome with the Ventus shafts in them.  I'm really curious to hear how the 9x performs in the 15*.  

• Like 1

Titleist TSR4 8*  Ventus Black TR 6x
Titleist TSr3 13.5 Ventus Black TR 7x
Mizuno Pro 221 4-pw Modus 125x
Vokey SM9 52.08F 56.08M 60.04T
Scotty Newport Button Back or
Scotty Select 1/500 Newport Black Mist

5 hours ago, drbonesvt said:

What loft did you test 

I think I actually had the most success with the 10* if I recall correctly.  Haven't actually ordered yet, but I'd probably go down to 9* when I actually do.

Waiting on the whole TX shaft debacle to get fixed before I make a move...

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, CallawayLefty said:

I think I actually had the most success with the 10* if I recall correctly.  Haven't actually ordered yet, but I'd probably go down to 9* when I actually do.

Nothing to be fixed, they said all along January availability 

I ordered mine weeks ago and ordered the AV RAW Blue TX at 44.5" knowing it will not ship until after the new year.  I guess mine will be on of the first TX shafts to go out lol.

Ping G430 Max 9* Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue 6X
Ping G425 Max 14.5 Alta CB 65S
Callaway Rogue ST Max 18* Tensei Blue 75S

PXG 0211 XCOR2 5-GW
Titleist SM9  52*F 56*D and 60*D
L.A.B. Link1/Scotty Newport
Srixon Z Star XV

9 hours ago, CallawayLefty said:

I know this is sacrilegious, the white avs 65,75 raw x wasn’t bad !!! 

• Like 1

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

11 hours ago, FOOTJOY16 said:

Man.. those will be awesome with the Ventus shafts in them.  I'm really curious to hear how the 9x performs in the 15*.  

Had the read in the sim 3w 9x , stiffer ad di , Ad tp , or a more beefy Rombax P95x 

it’s good 

• Like 1

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

1 hour ago, drbonesvt said:

Agreed on the shafts.. I have the 75x in my 3 wood and am really surprised how much I like it.

• Like 1

Titleist TSR4 8*  Ventus Black TR 6x
Titleist TSr3 13.5 Ventus Black TR 7x
Mizuno Pro 221 4-pw Modus 125x
Vokey SM9 52.08F 56.08M 60.04T
Scotty Newport Button Back or
Scotty Select 1/500 Newport Black Mist

15 hours ago, Nixhex524 said:

Red. 

• Thanks 1

TSR3 10*/AD-DI 6x
TSR2 15*/AD-DI 7x
TS2 19*/AD-IZ 85x

T200 4/AD-IZ 95x

T100 5-9/PX LZ

SC NP2 Tour CT Custom

Pro V1x

14 hours ago, SwooshLT said:

Speaking of SIM, can you compare off center strikes of the two? Flight, distance loss etc......thanks

In my limited time with TSi3, off center strikes seem to keep ball speed and distance quite well.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

TSR3 10*/AD-DI 6x
TSR2 15*/AD-DI 7x
TS2 19*/AD-IZ 85x

T200 4/AD-IZ 95x

T100 5-9/PX LZ

SC NP2 Tour CT Custom

Pro V1x

3 hours ago, drbonesvt said:

you should be ashamed of yourself...

I actually demoed with the 75 x white and really liked it.   I just know the first time I hit a hook on the course I’ll say “wouldn’t have happened with TX.”   

It’s very scientific.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, coreyhr said:

Well FedEx made the delivery of my TSi3 quite the adventure. I was at home all day Saturday (which was supposed to be date of delivery). Upon refreshing my tracking around 1:00, it said that my club had been delivered. I knew this not to be the case as I was watching for it most of the morning. I started a claim with FedEx and their "investigation" was a joke. They take no responsibility if their driver effs up, apparently. Fast forward to yesterday afternoon... my elderly neighbor that lives across the 4 lane highway from my house called and said I had a long package on her porch. She hadn't been out of the house much due to COVID and was just now seeing it on her front porch. Luckily she knows me and knew how to reach me, can't imagine if she didn't know me and had to contact FedEx to inform them they delivered someone's package to her house. I had checked my immediate neighbor's next door, but never dreamed they'd mess up bad enough to take it to her house.

Titleist had already actually started the replacement process because FedEx determined through their "investigation" that the package had been delivered and that it was up to the shipper to now start the lost package claim procedures. I can't speak highly enough of Titleist' customer service during this. They were building me a new club and about to overnight it when I informed them mine had turned up. Hope to get some golf in this weekend. 

This happened to me with usps. I drove around my neighborhood to see a package on a porch, ran up to it to find my name and address I just grabbed it and went back home. not my tsi3 but with some vokey wedges I ordered 2 years ago.

• Like 1

Had a TPI fitting... Tsi3 with GD-XC 6x @45” in route.  Might be the best driver I’ve ever hit.  And that’s against a 100% optimized SIM

• Like 3

TM SiM 9* Kuro Kage XT 60 TX

TM SiM 15* Diamana D+ LTD 70 X

Titleist u500 2 Diamana Tensei Blue 90X, 4 DG TI S400

Titleist T100 5-6 DG TI S400

Titleist MB 7-PW DG TIS400
Artisan TW/TGR Blade 50*, Artisan 55R, 59TW S400
001 TW Proto

WITB http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1183320-cota0429-nike-oven-baked-witb-52215/

26 minutes ago, btyh said:

This happened to me with usps. I drove around my neighborhood to see a package on a porch, ran up to it to find my name and address I just grabbed it and went back home. not my tsi3 but with some vokey wedges I ordered 2 years ago.

Uh, what?!  2 years ago??  What happened there!?

Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

50 minutes ago, btyh said:

Had this happen with FedEx recently too. It was a Velocore shaft that was sent overnight ,taken clearly across town and dropped off on someone else's porch. I was home when I got the delivery notification but no goods on the porch. I called and the FedEx rep asked the driver to go get it back. Here's the kicker ,they didn't end up delivering it for the next 2 days , although I had talked to the same person multiple times. I had to end up picking it up because they kept forgetting to put it on the truck. So much for overnight delivery.  

• easyyy featured this topic
  • easyyy unfeatured this topic