Titleist TSi 2 & TSi 3 driver and 3 woods - 2020 Safeway Open

pga43

8 hours ago, drbonesvt said:

Driver I really like 👍 the 3w , impulse buy , still have the sim 3w in closet ready to go.  

my reasoning for a switch from another thread 

tbr - all the tour stuff is digitally lofted , check out trottie insta (chris trotter taylormade and tour truck Tuesdays ) , they walk all the way through a tour build , though most of their heads are already on the truck digitally measured from TMAG , god knows how many they went through to get those 

awhile back will just say an industry insider told me Titleist was usually within a 1/2 degree on loft 

Look at retail ; as a non qualitative measure - tsi3 / 2 titleist offers 4 lofts - 8, 9,10, 11 

- TMAG only 3 - 8,9,10.5. ,

additionally  tour TMAG head variances they are at times more than +/- 1* , degree when looking at what’s available on the bay 

now I wish I had tour truck access (measured heads etc) , I don’t , while 1* of loft isn’t a killer , go through the fitting for a level accuracy , I think titleist might be more accurate for the everyday golfer 

hey I love TMAG and my sim is a great piece of driving equipment.  But if I can hone that club better without resorting tour Issue equipment from the bay.  I’m all about a better mouse trap or some six sigma club manufacturing  

I have the same feeling. Always have a Taylormade something in the bag every year, but man, I never recommend anyone buy a Taylromade club unless it is fit and professionally built by someone not at Taylormade. They just sell too much stock product to people that don't care to be as accountable on specs and tolerances.  IMO, if you are ordering direct from an OEM, Titleist is the top choice with PING being right there. 

Ai Smoke ♦️♦️♦️ 9* Ventus TR Blue 6x

BRNR Mini 13.5 Kaili White 60x

TSR3 18* Ventus TR Red 7x
TSR3 24* IZ 95x
Ping Blueprint S 5-PW $-Taper 120

PING S159 50, 55, 60h 
Phantom X 7

Why did I just have to pick up the TS4 months ago!!! ARgghhhhh

Taylormade 9* Stealth : Diamana DF 70-TX tipped .5" 

Taylormade Sim Ti 15*: UST Proforce V2 70X 

Titleist TS3 Hybrid 19*: Atmos Tour Black 90X

Titleist U-500 4i: KBS $-Taper 130X +1/2"

Titleist 620MB 5-PW: KBS $-Taper 130X +1/2"

Titleist Vokey 50, 54, 58: KBS 610 S+ 

LAB Golf Directed Force

Was swinging like garbage today and the TSi2 bailed me out on numerous occasions with its forgiveness...  such a pleasure to hit and out of the center I don't think I have hit a better feeling driver. 

• Like 1

Titleist TSr2 10*  GD UB 6s

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 19* Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

Srixon ZX7 mkii 4-7, Z-Forged ii 8-P KBS CTL 110

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

19 minutes ago, halfsumo said:

I have the same feeling. Always have a Taylormade something in the bag every year, but man, I never recommend anyone buy a Taylromade club unless it is fit and professionally built by someone not at Taylormade. They just sell too much stock product to people that don't care to be as accountable on specs and tolerances.  IMO, if you are ordering direct from an OEM, Titleist is the top choice with PING being right there. 

When I've ordered directly from Mizuno, my custom specs (loft, lie, etc) have always been spot on as well.

• Like 2

Tsi3 7.25* Velocore Black 6x

Tsi3 16.5* Tensei Raw White 75x

TM P770 3i Velocore Black HB 9x

Mizuno YORO MP5 4-PW - Modus 120x

TM MG 51*, 55*

TM Hi Toe 64*

Yamada Emperor 34"

Snell MTBx

3 hours ago, Nixhex524 said:

Was swinging like garbage today and the TSi2 bailed me out on numerous occasions with its forgiveness...  such a pleasure to hit and out of the center I don't think I have hit a better feeling driver. 

It really is.  Played today in a 2-Man scramble.  Im not long 210 to 220, but got to hot from the Sr. Tess while my partner was usually 30 to 40 yards back a tee.   Hit 9-13 fairways and we used 12 of  my 14 tee shots.  The 4 misses were very close and we used 3 of those.  He just shook his head at how automatic I am with it. 

• Like 4

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

Got a chance to take out to the course today - prior set up was sim ( had all 3 lofts 8,9,10.5) ventus black 6x tipped 1”

6,803 yd course , 60 degrees , damp 10-15 mph wind , not the best testing conditions 

tsi3 driver - same ventus shaft 9* c2 setting plays 45.25 ish 

represent only this guy’s experience, your mileage may vary 

the driver is really good , I hit it only once (working on getting 3w dialed in I bought it on a whim ) on a par 5 , strike was low toe side , wow and wow , the shot went straight and was long.  I took an aggressive line over some trees and though because the strike I was going to be hosed, turned out great 

previous - 3w 15* ventus 9x , or ad di 9x tipped 2” 

tsi3 3w 43” ventus red 9x tipped 2”   From what I could tell , every bit as good as the sim 15* from.  On a particularly difficult driving hole I placed it better than I had with the sim ever. 

summary from some limited course and range time so far 

- tsi3 driver , every bit as good as the sim,   with baked in forgiveness that the sim doesn’t have , IMOP 

- Tsi3 3w , sim ti 3w  , lower flight with the TSI 15 even with my setting of the sim at 15 , 4* open.  (I’m about 110ss with the 3w) 

- tsi3 3 w vs sim - TSI 3w more forgiving on off center hits directionally  , but sim has more distance on off center strikes but can be more off line on those shots   ( put the ati 425 face in the fairways !!) 

- tsi 3 w vs sim , easier to draw the ball with the tsi 

- tsi driver and 3w vs sim line - feel and sound goes to sim line (3w’s are a little closer in feel ) .  Now if you hot melted the TSI’s 😍

driver is serious legit , fairway vs sim a little more of a toss up I need to work on the setup for the tsi 3w.  

tsi impressive to this golfer and I’m a long time taylormade junkie 

• Like 4

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

3w Stealth 2 + 15* Ventus Red 9x tipped 2" 43”  

2i TMAG P790 2i Hzdus 100g X  

Titleist MB 620 3-PW (47* PW) PX 7.0 Std Length -2 flat from Titleist Spec 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

37 minutes ago, drbonesvt said:

Got a chance to take out to the course today - prior set up was sim ( had all 3 lofts 8,9,10.5) ventus black 6x tipped 1”

6,803 yd course , 60 degrees , damp 10-15 mph wind , not the best testing conditions 

the driver is really good , I hit it only once (working on getting 3w dialed in I bought it on a whim ) on a par 5 , strike was low toe side , wow and wow , the shot went straight and was long.  I took an aggressive line over some trees and though because the strike I was going to be hosed, turned out great 

tsi3 3w 43” ventus red 9x tipped 2”   From what I could tell , every bit as good as the sim 15* from.  On a particularly difficult driving hole I placed it better than I had with the sim ever. 

- tsi3 driver , every bit as good as the sim,   with baked in forgiveness that the sim doesn’t have , IMOP 

- Tsi3 3w , sim ti 3w  , lower flight with the TSI 15 even with my setting of the sim at 15 , 4* open.  (I’m about 110ss with the 3w) 

- tsi3 3 w vs sim - TSI 3w more forgiving on off center hits directionally  , but sim has more distance on off center strikes but can be more off line on those shots   ( put the ati 425 face in the fairways !!) 

- tsi driver and 3w vs sim line - feel and sound goes to sim line (3w’s are a little closer in feel ) .  Now if you hot melted the TSI’s 😍

driver is serious legit , fairway vs sim a little more of a toss up I need to work on the setup for the tsi 3w.  

Did you have to go down in loft in the tsi3 driver vs the sim?

18 minutes ago, TrueWRX said:

Did you have to go down in loft in the tsi3 driver vs the sim?

I had all 3 lofts in the sim , the 10.5 being where I tried to actually hit down on the ball with the driver. 

8 sim was a monster when on , but I was prob playing more long drive than golf 

9 the best set up  , more like a 10* with TMAG tolerances 

went with the 9* opened up in the tsi 

Edited by drbonesvt

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

Finally, went for fitting a this morning at our major golf franchise over here, had been locked in for a Titleist Fitting right up until we went into a covid lockdown over here in aus and it got cancelled.

Hit a few with my G400 to get some base numbers and loosen up.  Averaging about 230 carry 235 total with 3600rpm spin, pretty much tells the story that I wasn't getting full bang for my buck out of the driver. Good ones getting out to 250

Fairly clear that we were now on a test to knock down spin.

After a few different combos we landed on the tsi3 with tensei white stiff. Was clearly giving the most consistent results on shaving spin and a nice dispersion.

Out of interest threw the SIM into the mix on the recommendation of the fitter as 2020s premier driver head. Managed to achieve similar distances to the tsi but with wild dispersion that we couldn't bring down no matter what we tried. All in all it didn't really feel as stable to me as the tsi3.

Jumped back into the tsi3 for a bit more on a tinker to see if we couldn't dial it in some more... and wow something just clicked, set down into c2 with the weight in h2 it found another gear.

All up the final numbers showed some very nice gains

Spin down to 2600 average carry up to 240, rolling out to 255 with the best ones (absolutely flushed) carrying 260 and rolling out to 280.

The 2 things that stood out most to me were speed across the face and the stability of the combo.

I hit a few right out near the toe i was still producing nothing worse than the average performance of my g400. The stability of the tsi3 and tensei white combo was insane, Part of the increase in distance was attributable to an increase in club head speed. I felt so much more confident being able to go harder at the ball without worrying about spraying it off the planet.

All in all I was so impressed I doubled down and picked up a tsi3 3 wood to go with it and another;10-15 yard gain over the g400 even with an extra half a degree of loft.

Couldn't be happier, now to get them on the course tomorrow and see if it holds up

• Like 4

10 hours ago, drbonesvt said:

Gotta love "baked in forgiveness".....

• Haha 1

Titleist TSR4 8*  Ventus Black TR 6x
Titleist TSr3 13.5 Ventus Black TR 7x
Mizuno Pro 221 4-pw Modus 125x
Vokey SM9 52.08F 56.08M 60.04T
Scotty Newport Button Back or
Scotty Select 1/500 Newport Black Mist

11 hours ago, drbonesvt said:

Did you hit/owned M5 before?

2 minutes ago, SwooshLT said:

Did you hit/owned M5 before?

Affirmative 

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

On 11/26/2020 at 7:55 PM, SwooshLT said:

Is there n upcharge for xc line?

Yep. It’s not a full up charge for the XC, DI, or IZ lines- I believe around 200.  All the other GD lines are 320-350, I think.

• Thanks 1

Callaway Paradym Triple 💎 10.5* Ventus Blue 6X/TR 6S
Titleist TSR2 16.5* (Set to 15.75*) Tour AD DI 7S
Titleist TSR2 18* Hybrid Tour AD IZ 85S
Titleist u505 4i (21*) Tour AD DI 95S

Srixon Zx7 MK II 5-PW, 51* AW - Modus 105S
Callaway Jaws 56*-Jaws Full Toe 60*-  DG 115 TI S200

Toulon Garage Custom Las Vegas H7 35”

36 minutes ago, SwooshLT said:

Would your assessment still be the same if I asked you to compare M5 to TSi3?

I'm finding M5 to be less wild than SIM but maybe a tad shorter......

Just my opinion here 

it’s closer , the M5 felt and sounded better than even the SIM ; the tsi3 still more forgiving than m5 ; toe strike on the TSI3 , really impressive performance and that’s my miss , and  the performance difference 

with a proper fitting, I think you are more likely with the titleist product to get closer to the stated loft on the driver or 3w vs TMAG sim offering. 

the long of the long still goes to TMAG and I’m still a junkie / fanboy.    But the TSI 3 is firmly in the bag 

• Thanks 1

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

26 minutes ago, drbonesvt said:

Just my opinion here 

it’s closer , the M5 felt and sounded better than even the SIM ; the tsi3 still more forgiving than m5 ; toe strike on the TSI3 , really impressive performance and that’s my miss , and  the performance difference 

with a proper fitting, I think you are more likely with the titleist product to get closer to the stated loft on the driver or 3w vs TMAG sim offering. 

the long of the long still goes to TMAG and I’m still a junkie / fanboy.    But the TSI 3 is firmly in the bag 

Of course it's your opinion but sharing thoughts is what we do.......can't blame others if we make educated decisions......

I'm a toe misser also but I've enjoyed both SIM and M5 for different reasons;  M5 has been steadier SIM longer......if TSi3 combines the attributes of both in a great looking package then I'm onto something!  I think I'll hold off of purchasing TSi3 until G425 lst becomes available to demo.....thanks again for your input

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, SwooshLT said:

Of course it's your opinion but sharing thoughts is what we do.......can't blame others if we make educated decisions......

I'm a toe misser also but I've enjoyed both SIM and M5 for different reasons;  M5 has been steadier SIM longer......if TSi3 combines the attributes of both in a great looking package then I'm onto something!  I think I'll hold off of purchasing TSi3 until G425 lst becomes available to demo.....thanks again for your input

Best of luck on that testing.   Looking back , I think I would have rather kept the m5 vs SIM.   Enjoying the tsi line wholly, but time and scores will dedicate if they warrant my accolades 

• Thanks 1

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

Got my first round under my belt with the TSi3 yesterday. I’ve never had an easier driving round in my life. This head is so stable. I was fit in to the 10* head with Smoke RDX and C1 hosel setting. I was nervous about going with a 10* as I’ve never went that high with my driver. But it’s producing the perfect launch window in my opinion. I noticed it launching high yesterday but wanted to make sure spin wasn’t up, so I got it on my GC2 this morning. I’m sure the honeymoon love affair will fade some, but I’m very excited to see where this driver takes me. 

Here’s some numbers from this morning. Callaway has always produced the fastest ball speeds for me, but this TSi3 is as fast or faster. With much lower standard deviations in launch and spin numbers. I couldn’t believe how tight the backspin numbers were. Shot 12 and 13 were hit when the golf ball had cracked. I deleted those shots when I realized the ball was cracked. 

CEE0ED4C-2A80-4F0C-B3BA-B0EBA39BAA75.jpeg

• Like 3

Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5° | Ventus TR Blue 6s

Taylormade BRNR Mini 13.5° | Hzrdus Yellow 75 6.5

Callaway Apex UW 19° | Tour AD TP 7s

Callaway XR Pro 23° | Tour AD DI 95x
Maltby TS1 IM/TS4 5-PW | Dynamic Gold S300
Cleveland RTX 6: 50° 56° 60° | KBS Tour Custom 120s Black 

L.A.B. DF 3 Counterbalance 37.5" | TPT Putter Shaft 

2 hours ago, MrShield said:

Got another TSi3 driver today - wrench included once again ☺️

Where did you order from?

Driver:  TSR3 8 Ventus Red TR 8X 

Fairway: TSR3 16.5 Ventus Blue 8X 

Hybrid:  Sim2 Tensei Orange 90TX Or Srixon ZX 2 Iron 105X

Irons:Black T200 4-5 T100S 6-AW MMT 125TX

Wedges: MG4 54 MMT 125TX and Vokey SM9 58.04T MMT 125TX

Putter: Lajosi DD201

Pro V1X Left Dash

Does anyone know what the approximate stock swingweight is supposed to be of the drivers? The one I bought today is D2.

Callaway AI Smoke Max 10.5* Diamana GT 60 S
Callaway AI Smoke Max 5W Tensei Blue 65 S

Ping G430 4H RDX Red 6.0

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP 5-GW Modus 105S (bent 2* weak)
Callaway Jaws Raw 54* & 58*
Odyssey 5K #7 34”

5 hours ago, coreyhr said:

Got my first round under my belt with the TSi3 yesterday. I’ve never had an easier driving round in my life. This head is so stable. I was fit in to the 10* head with Smoke RDX and C1 hosel setting. I was nervous about going with a 10* as I’ve never went that high with my driver. But it’s producing the perfect launch window in my opinion. I noticed it launching high yesterday but wanted to make sure spin wasn’t up, so I got it on my GC2 this morning. I’m sure the honeymoon love affair will fade some, but I’m very excited to see where this driver takes me. 

Here’s some numbers from this morning. Callaway has always produced the fastest ball speeds for me, but this TSi3 is as fast or faster. With much lower standard deviations in launch and spin numbers. I couldn’t believe how tight the backspin numbers were. Shot 12 and 13 were hit when the golf ball had cracked. I deleted those shots when I realized the ball was cracked. 

CEE0ED4C-2A80-4F0C-B3BA-B0EBA39BAA75.jpeg

Pfffftt

You can't fly it 300?  Do you even wrx bro?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ping G430 Max 9* Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue 6X
Ping G425 Max 14.5 Alta CB 65S
Callaway Rogue ST Max 18* Tensei Blue 75S

PXG 0211 XCOR2 5-GW
Titleist SM9  52*F 56*D and 60*D
L.A.B. Link1/Scotty Newport
Srixon Z Star XV

7 minutes ago, Rpete33 said:

Where can I pick up a tsi 3 driver weight? I went with Ventus black at standard length, I’m thinking about cutting it down to 45 inches need some heavier weights

Someone posted saying titleist available 2021.   IMOP like a Ford F-150 tires TBA

• Like 1

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

29 minutes ago, CallawayLefty said:

Sorry - I know the answer on the white, but does anyone know if they are shipping the blue in TX as of now?  Or is that January also?

January also

Ping G430 Max 9* Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue 6X
Ping G425 Max 14.5 Alta CB 65S
Callaway Rogue ST Max 18* Tensei Blue 75S

PXG 0211 XCOR2 5-GW
Titleist SM9  52*F 56*D and 60*D
L.A.B. Link1/Scotty Newport
Srixon Z Star XV

***fairway lie angles ******

FYI on the lie angles of the fairways , I believe there is a typo on the website 

They have on the main page tsi fairway woods std lie angle is 58.5 , this is for the drivers , click on the spec links and has lie angle for the woods 57 - 13.5* and 57.5 - 15* 

see below 

A6CA3542-A866-4F05-9441-480F852B72FD.jpeg.c761084b600194d4c81bfbc417aad6c7.jpeg79F0403C-6201-4DBB-82C3-B287622CF0D9.jpeg.dbab4dad13fdd32da6d514414e83b4a3.jpeg

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

So they made the tsi more upright than previous generations? That’s not what I wanted to see

Stealth 2+ 9* - Ventus TR Blue 6x
Taylormade Stealth 2+ 15* - Ventus TR Blue 7x
Taylormade Stealth UDI 3 iron - X100
Taylormade P770 4-5 iron - X100

Taylormade P7MC 6-pw - X100
Taylormade MG3 - 50 SB, 56 SB, 60 LB
Taylormade Juno TP long neck

Custom 1/1 Rory Nike Oven proto 006, Oven Method Matter B2/01

20 minutes ago, Kylekoz17 said:

So they made the tsi more upright than previous generations? That’s not what I wanted to see

Nope , 57.25 std lie , can go -.75*

• Like 1

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

• easyyy featured this topic
  • easyyy unfeatured this topic