Titleist TSi 2 & TSi 3 driver and 3 woods - 2020 Safeway Open

pga43

49 minutes ago, Mitchell said:

Was definitely my experience as well, to the point that TSi2 fairway with AV Raw White 75 stiff created a bit too much launch to be optimal for my delivery.

The AV Raw White isn't a candidate for the low launching, rebar moniker at all. I hit that thing a mile in the air and it felt it couldn't keep up in the 75X. Maybe the TX would be firmer, but it's not in the same universe as Ventus Black or the LAGP stuff I hit.

Titleist TSi3 8º - LAGP DJ 65-6
Titleist TSi3 15º - LAGP TourAxs Blue 
Mizuno Pro 225 2i - C-TaperL
Mizuno Pro 245  5-GW C-Taper 
Mizuno T22  52º, 56º, 60º C-Taper

Scotty Special Select Newport 2 
Titleist Left Dash -ProV1x

3 minutes ago, The Mad Bomber said:

The AV Raw White isn't a candidate for the low launching, rebar moniker at all. I hit that thing a mile in the air and it felt it couldn't keep up in the 75X. Maybe the TX would be firmer, but it's not in the same universe as Ventus Black or the LAGP stuff I hit.

Absolutely- don’t have your speed anymore, yet the Atmos Black TS, Ventus Black, and Motore Speeder TS .2 series are really difficult to beat for me. Would definitely like to give some of the LAGP stuff a try, may need to reach out to friend of mine that works with them.

• Like 1

Titleist TSR2 10* (d4 surefit) Fujikura Motore Speeder 7.2s
Titleist 904f 17* YS7+s
Titleist 962b 3-pw s300
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 52* s400
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 58* s400
Ping Zing2 BeCu

6 minutes ago, Mitchell said:

Absolutely- don’t have your speed anymore, yet the Atmos Black TS, Ventus Black, and Motore Speeder TS .2 series are really difficult to beat for me. Would definitely like to give some of the LAGP stuff a try, may need to reach out to friend of mine that works

delete

Edited by Stetson

Driver: Ping G410 LST (Diamana ZF)
5w:  Titleist TS2 (Ventus Blue)
3H: Titleist 818 H2 (Ventus Blue HB)
or 3i: Cobra King Utility 21* (Tour AD DI)
4-P: PXG 0311T (KBS $-Taper)
Wedges: 51* Edel TRP, 55* Edel DVR, 60* Cally MD5
Putter: PXG Mini Gunboat H

6 hours ago, BeyondVision said:

I thought i was the only one...which ventus blue were you playing with?  I have a ventus blue 6x in a SIM right now and when I was testing the TSI2 with tensei white raw x i thought it was so much easier to hit and to go straight...I have been having lots of problems with my driver lately, missing left (i am a lefty) and losing 20-30 yards or so...I have a feeling that the ventus might be a little bit too stiff, and when I am not warmed up I am suffering....I ended up ordering the TSI2 with the tensei and with no additional up charge helped the decision. My swing speed is around 105-110 so I think i'm right on the border.  Thought about ordering a blue ventus 6s and tipping it .5" or something.  Or possibly trying the red ventus or black 6s may pair well with the high launch of tsi2....or just save my money and work with the stock shaft for a bit.  Also have a TSI2 16.5 in av white x coming too...

i had the 6x. My miss is always a right/right handed. If I were you, i’d give the tensei a chance. I am so much more confident with this club. I am the same swing speed but have a fierce transition that I am trying to make a bit smoother but loving the tensei so far. 

• Like 1

Hit the TSi3 with the Tensei White 65x today and found it the best shaft for me in the stock offerings.  Really liked it actually.  Coming from a D+ Ltd 70x in my G400.  SS varied between 108-111.  Interestingly I hit the G425 and TSi3 alternately and my SS was consistently higher with the Titlest.  Ball speed also faster strangely enough.  Feel and sounds are excellent on the Titlest.  I thought it wad reasonably forgiving as well.  10 degree head in D1 or -0.75.

• Like 1

G430 LST 9*
G15 17.5*
G425 19*
W/S Blade 3-P
S22 51* Zipcore 56* S20 60*
Sigma 2 Arna Stealth

3 hours ago, beluga99 said:

Hit the TSi3 with the Tensei White 65x today and found it the best shaft for me in the stock offerings.  Really liked it actually.  Coming from a D+ Ltd 70x in my G400.  SS varied between 108-111.  Interestingly I hit the G425 and TSi3 alternately and my SS was consistently higher with the Titlest.  Ball speed also faster strangely enough.  Feel and sounds are excellent on the Titlest.  I thought it wad reasonably forgiving as well.  10 degree head in D1 or -0.75.

faster flub head speed and faster ball speed, sounds like a winner for you. Which G425 did you try, the LST I assume?

Driver: Ping G410 LST (Diamana ZF)
5w:  Titleist TS2 (Ventus Blue)
3H: Titleist 818 H2 (Ventus Blue HB)
or 3i: Cobra King Utility 21* (Tour AD DI)
4-P: PXG 0311T (KBS $-Taper)
Wedges: 51* Edel TRP, 55* Edel DVR, 60* Cally MD5
Putter: PXG Mini Gunboat H

I was really wanting to hold off on any purchase until after the G425 drivers were available.  I had hit the TSi2 and TSi3 about 5 times indoor on Trackman against my gamer G410 LST and was impressed with the TSi3 the most.  I found that club head speed with TSi3 seemed to be about 2 mph higher than the TSi2.  However, the TSi2 was extremely consistent with the smash factor.  I am a high handicap (12.8) and tend to get squirrelly with strike.  I love my G410 LST, but struggle to consistently launch it on the course.  I hit my LST @10.5, weight middle, and with a Ventus Blue 6s.  Attached are my last Trackman numbers with it (first set of #s).  Honestly from an on course perspective the LST has been great.  Better sound and feel would be fantastic though.

In my previous testings I found that the TSi2 and 3 favored the right side which I like.  Friday I decided to do some more testing.  I hit 16 shots with the TSi2 @9*, A1, and with the AD IZ 6s and was extremely impressed but was struggling some with a 2 way miss.  See the attached snip of those numbers.  Bottom line I was swinging fast (for me) Friday and didn't notice the same lower head speed that I had before, but the smash factors were unreal.  Best I have ever seen.  I then decided to take the Trackman driver test with this combo to see if I could back up the testing #'s while taking my time and going through my normal pre-shot routine.  Attached is the test result.  The best I have ever hit 6 straight drives on Trackman.  Of course it had to be with the most expensive setup you can purchase stock.  Needless to say I scrounged up any club that I have not hit in the past 3 months for trade and I am now the new owner of a TSi2 with AD IZ.  I'm going to keep the G410 LST as a backup.  It's a great driver.

In typical high handicap fashion, I went straight to the course and only hit 5 fairways to include an outright top on my second drive ever with it.  Goes to show there is an extreme difference between sim testing and actual playing golf.  However, I hit it much better on the back 9 after getting more comfortable with it.  Sorry for the long post.

G410 LST Ventus Blue 6s.PNG

TSi2 IZ 6s.PNG

TSi2 Test.PNG

Edited by Wooderson
  • Like 2

Let me tell you what Wooderson is packin'
Sim Max 12° Speeder NX 6s
Sim2 Max 15°
Ping G410 21° 
Ping G425 22°/25°
Ping G430 6-PW AWT Stiff
Ping Glide 3.0 GW/SW

Ping Eye 2 XG LW

7 hours ago, Stetson said:

faster flub head speed and faster ball speed, sounds like a winner for you. Which G425 did you try, the LST I assume?

Yes the LST was the only one I hit with the Rogue shaft.  After 3-4 swings I could tell the TSi3 was better for me.  Plus I have the G400 which I won't be getting rid of.  The TSi3 had a more dense feeling at impact and pleasing sound.  More muted.  I suspect forgiveness would be the only category that the G425 would win in regards to looks, sound, feel, adjustibility and forgiveness.  Both great drivers though.

G430 LST 9*
G15 17.5*
G425 19*
W/S Blade 3-P
S22 51* Zipcore 56* S20 60*
Sigma 2 Arna Stealth

Played 9 and hit a bucket of balls with my TSi3. I love the shape and sound/feel. The Ventus Black in stiff is a little more lively/friendly to swing than my Tensei Pro White, but not loose at all. My stock shot is a draw and I was getting that easily with the Tsi3. Trying to fade, it just went straight. I played the whole day in A1 and the back weight in the neutral position. I like it as is, but might try some small tweaks (less loft/open face, flat, back weight in T1) to see if I can make it a bit more neutral. I'm not super good or anything, but the driver is the one club in the bag that I always try to work and I try to work it both ways so never want a super anti-left or draw biased club. It's very close in the neutral setup, though

• Like 2

Ai Smoke ♦️♦️♦️ 9* Ventus TR Blue 6x

BRNR Mini 13.5 Kaili White 60x

TSR3 18* Ventus TR Red 7x
TSR3 24* IZ 95x
Ping Blueprint S 5-PW $-Taper 120

PING S159 50, 55, 60h 
Phantom X 7

1 hour ago, btyh said:

I still have a shaft from my 910 and I haven't noticed much as well. Slight difference at the tip of the adapter but thats it

I believe they changed after the 910 but are the same from 913 through TSi.

• Thanks 1

Titleist TSR2 Tour AD DI
Titleist TSR2+ Tour AD DI
Titleist TSR2 18 Speeder 757 Evo V

Mizuno Max Hybrid 22

Titleist T350 5-7

Titleist T200 8-48
Ping s159 54,60
Scotty Cameron Jet Setter NP2

2 hours ago, drbonesvt said:

Sure this was covered , any difference in years past adapters ??

https://forums.golfwrx.com/search/?q=adapter&item=1762004&type=forums_topic&sortby=newest

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X

38 minutes ago, sofla said:

I believe they changed after the 910 but are the same from 913 through TSi.

Its true for the fairway woods but you can still play the driver tip from 910, but there's definitely a difference from driver 910 tip to 913 ect. But im not sure if its for sure fit function or weight savings.

• Thanks 1

You have to love FedEx.  I live a 9hr car ride from Carlsbad.  My TSi3 driver was shipped last Thursday with a delivery date of 12/5.  It made it about 100 miles the first day and then tracking wasn’t updated until today.  Apparently it’s now in Ocala, Florida. Lmao. Had to be loaded onto the wrong route. New delivery date is Tuesday 12/15, haha...

• Like 1

Callaway Paradym Triple 💎 10.5* Ventus Blue 6X/TR 6S
Titleist TSR2 16.5* (Set to 15.75*) Tour AD DI 7S
Titleist TSR2 18* Hybrid Tour AD IZ 85S
Titleist u505 4i (21*) Tour AD DI 95S

Srixon Zx7 MK II 5-PW, 51* AW - Modus 105S
Callaway Jaws 56*-Jaws Full Toe 60*-  DG 115 TI S200

Toulon Garage Custom Las Vegas H7 35”

8 hours ago, Hookasaurus Rex said:

You have to love FedEx.  I live a 9hr car ride from Carlsbad.  My TSi3 driver was shipped last Thursday with a delivery date of 12/5.  It made it about 100 miles the first day and then tracking wasn’t updated until today.  Apparently it’s now in Ocala, Florida. Lmao. Had to be loaded onto the wrong route. New delivery date is Tuesday 12/15, haha...

oh yeah... mine shipped from Oceanside last Tuesday, figured no problem it will be here (in the Bay Area) by the weekend.  It's been sitting in a warehouse in Tracy with no status updates since last Thursday... SMH

Edited by Left Rough

Titleist TSI3 8 degree w/Ventus Black 7x
Callaway X Hot Pro 3W 15 degrees
Mizuno CLK Hybrid 16 degrees
Titleist 712U 3 iron w/C-Taper X
Mizuno JPX 921 Tour 4-W w/Project X 6.0
Titleist Vokey Blue Slate SM7 52, 58, 60 w/ DG S400
Odyssey ProType Black #9

30 minutes ago, Left Rough said:

oh yeah... mine shipped from Oceanside last Tuesday, figured no problem it will be here (in the Bay Area) by the weekend.  It's been sitting in a warehouse in Tracy with no status updates since last Thursday... SMH

That sucks.  I live in Carson-Tahoe area.  mine sat in San Bernardino for 5 days, before popping up in Florida, lol.  I hate to say it, but your driver is probably inexplicably sitting next to mine in Florida.

Callaway Paradym Triple 💎 10.5* Ventus Blue 6X/TR 6S
Titleist TSR2 16.5* (Set to 15.75*) Tour AD DI 7S
Titleist TSR2 18* Hybrid Tour AD IZ 85S
Titleist u505 4i (21*) Tour AD DI 95S

Srixon Zx7 MK II 5-PW, 51* AW - Modus 105S
Callaway Jaws 56*-Jaws Full Toe 60*-  DG 115 TI S200

Toulon Garage Custom Las Vegas H7 35”

4 hours ago, kennyFpowers55 said:

If I were to play the tsi3 at 45.25 instead of 45.5 would I need the +2 weight to keep the swing weight similar? And does the tsi3 head weigh the same as the ts3?

Totally depends on which shaft you buy. 

My TSi3 was ordered with AV RAW Blue 65X 44.75” and it was D2 with +2g. 

This was probably covered but what are the color codes for the weights?

Driver:  TSR3 8 Ventus Red TR 8X 

Fairway: TSR3 16.5 Ventus Blue 8X 

Hybrid:  Sim2 Tensei Orange 90TX Or Srixon ZX 2 Iron 105X

Irons:Black T200 4-5 T100S 6-AW MMT 125TX

Wedges: MG4 54 MMT 125TX and Vokey SM9 58.04T MMT 125TX

Putter: Lajosi DD201

Pro V1X Left Dash

13 minutes ago, LeftyMatt24 said:

This was probably covered but what are the color codes for the weights?

I have a +4 and it's blue. I think I read that white is -4 where people put two whites on each end, as 8g is the standard weight. Not sure the color of the standard weight.

http://www.golfwrx.com/406976/917-vs-915-results-from-the-ultimate-titleist-driver-fitting-experience/

I think mine is +2 red because it’s .75 short and I requested D4

Driver:  TSR3 8 Ventus Red TR 8X 

Fairway: TSR3 16.5 Ventus Blue 8X 

Hybrid:  Sim2 Tensei Orange 90TX Or Srixon ZX 2 Iron 105X

Irons:Black T200 4-5 T100S 6-AW MMT 125TX

Wedges: MG4 54 MMT 125TX and Vokey SM9 58.04T MMT 125TX

Putter: Lajosi DD201

Pro V1X Left Dash

Here are the weights for TSi3. 

If you want to use two weights at the same time for more MOI (at least theoretically).  

If you want standard you can use two -4g. If you want +4g you can use two -2g weights. 

There is no way to achieve the previous models 6g weight without have two different weights but can be achieved with -2g and a standard weight together. 

BC2B61B4-5064-444B-ABE4-B8780B7BA595.jpeg

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Kball10 said:

Anyone have any experience with the Graphite Design Tour AD DI 5 stiff in a fairway wood?  I am thinking about ordering this in a TSI3 fairway wood 16.5* with the length extended .5 “.  I just got the driver with the DI6 shaft and lobe it.  I am considering the DI 5 for a little extra launch.

no experience of the DI 5, but I’d be a bit weary of going lighter in fairway from the perspective of feel continuity. 

In my case I saw better fairway launch with the IZ in a 15* TSi2 head. Driver fit was TSi3 9* with DI. wouldn’t have been my guess from the spec sheets. 

Worth giving that a whirl if you have someone near you with the right fitting components. 

Edited by Threequidcup

• easyyy featured this topic
  • easyyy unfeatured this topic