Titleist TSi 2 & TSi 3 driver and 3 woods - 2020 Safeway Open

pga43

Got my Tsi3 yesterday that I ordered direct from Titlelist.  Took about 1.5 weeks to get it.  I got the 11* head, -.75" shaft, and the 12g blue weight.  Total static head weight comes in at 200g.  Would like to find the 10g red weight but so far can't find anywhere to buy weights.

Put it on my SkyTrak against my 2017 Callaway GBB Epic SZ and not noticing much difference at all.  Kinda disappointing actually.  Also noticed the TSi3 launches extremely low.  I've got it lofted all the way up now to 12.5* which is by far the highest I've ever had a driver loft.  Will hit it again today and keep fiddling with the settings to try and see if I can find a magic combo but as it now stands I'm not seeing that it's doing any better than the old Epic SZ.  

Edited by PowerCobra98

Titleist TSR3 Driver - Fujikura Ventus Black 6
Callaway Paradym Super Hybrid 2H - Steelfiber FC 75
Callaway Apex Pro 3H - Steelfiber FC 75
Mizuno Pro 243 4i-PW - Dynamic Gold 105
Mizuno T22 48*, 54*, 58* - Dynamic Gold 105
Byron Morgan 615 - Fujikura MC Firm
Callaway Chrome Tour

4 hours ago, PowerCobra98 said:

Got my Tsi3 yesterday that I ordered direct from Titlelist.  Took about 1.5 weeks to get it.  I got the 11* head, -.75" shaft, and the 12g blue weight.  Total static head weight comes in at 200g.  Would like to find the 10g red weight but so far can't find anywhere to buy weights.

Put it on my SkyTrak against my 2017 Callaway GBB Epic SZ and not noticing much difference at all.  Kinda disappointing actually.  Also noticed the TSi3 launches extremely low.  I've got it lofted all the way up now to 12.5* which is by far the highest I've ever had a driver loft.  Will hit it again today and keep fiddling with the settings to try and see if I can find a magic combo but as it now stands I'm not seeing that it's doing any better than the old Epic SZ.  

Same shaft in both?

Same shaft length in both?

Same SW in both?

Same ball speed from both?

Some folks, not all, are very sensitive to SW and 1-2 points can make a dramatic difference for the good or the bad. 

Driver: Ping G410 LST (Diamana ZF)
5w:  Titleist TS2 (Ventus Blue)
3H: Titleist 818 H2 (Ventus Blue HB)
or 3i: Cobra King Utility 21* (Tour AD DI)
4-P: PXG 0311T (KBS $-Taper)
Wedges: 51* Edel TRP, 55* Edel DVR, 60* Cally MD5
Putter: PXG Mini Gunboat H

2 hours ago, Stetson said:

Same shaft in both?

Same shaft length in both?

Same SW in both?

Same ball speed from both?

Some folks, not all, are very sensitive to SW and 1-2 points can make a dramatic difference for the good or the bad. 

Different shaft

Same length

Same SW

Same ball speed

Titleist actually spins more

Did some more fiddling today and was hitting the TSi3 well but then grabbed the Epic SZ and had the same numbers but lower spin which I thought was kind of weird.

I think I'd probably bag the TSi3 over the Epic SZ but only because the sound is as good as the Epic and the increased spin would I think help with the occasional duck hook mitigation.  But to me they're basically the same driver at this point.  Might buy another Titleist tipped shaft (same as in my Epic) and see what happens to the spin numbers there.  If I could drop some spin in the TSi3 then I believe it would be longer. 

Callaway Chrome Tour

23 minutes ago, PowerCobra98 said:

Different shaft

Same length

Same SW

Same ball speed

Titleist actually spins more

Did some more fiddling today and was hitting the TSi3 well but then grabbed the Epic SZ and had the same numbers but lower spin which I thought was kind of weird.

I think I'd probably bag the TSi3 over the Epic SZ but only because the sound is as good as the Epic and the increased spin would I think help with the occasional duck hook mitigation.  But to me they're basically the same driver at this point.  Might buy another Titleist tipped shaft (same as in my Epic) and see what happens to the spin numbers there.  If I could drop some spin in the TSi3 then I believe it would be longer. 

So lower launch and higher spin? That seems odd?

What were the two shafts?  It kinda sounds like you are coming into the ball at a much different angle. Such as +3* with Epic and +1* with Titleist. Or could be hitting low on the face of Titleist. Have you checked to see where impact is on each club?

Edited by Stetson
  • Like 1

Driver: Ping G410 LST (Diamana ZF)
5w:  Titleist TS2 (Ventus Blue)
3H: Titleist 818 H2 (Ventus Blue HB)
or 3i: Cobra King Utility 21* (Tour AD DI)
4-P: PXG 0311T (KBS $-Taper)
Wedges: 51* Edel TRP, 55* Edel DVR, 60* Cally MD5
Putter: PXG Mini Gunboat H

5 minutes ago, Stetson said:

What were the two shafts?  It kinda sounds like you are coming into the ball at a much different angle. Such as +3* with Epic and +1* with Titleist. Or could be hitting low on the face of Titleist. Have you checked to see where impact is on each club?

Shaft in the Epix SZ is a Project X Riptide and shaft in the TSi3 is the Tensei RAW Blue.

Unfortunately with the SkyTrak I can't see attack angles but I am for sure hitting up on the ball.  Ball impact is my typical spot which is slightly toe side and north of the equator for the most part.  Of course I'll hit the occasional low on the face ball too but that's not my normal area. 

All I can say is that for me, the TSi3 just launches lower and spins more...like 600 rpms more.  It's pretty significant.  Right now the Epic SZ is set at 11.5* and the TSi3 is set at 11.75*.  In case you haven't noticed I'm not an X Flex 120mph swing speed guy like 99% of internet golfers are LOL. 

I don't know...it's just my observations and thought I'd add them to the thread. 

Callaway Chrome Tour

I had my fitting for tsi3 today on trackman...

Current setup is TS3 9.5 with hzrdus black smoke 6.5 at stock length and swing weight.

I hit 7 drives with my current setup, took out best and worst and took average of the remaining 5.  I usually hit the center of the club, but my miss is to hit it slightly low on the face.  This can increase spin.  I did this routine for each shaft tested.  I was worn out by the end.  LoL!

Swing speed in the 106-107 range.  Ball speed in 154-157 range.  I was able to get a few at 160.  Launch 11.4, spin 2588, hitting up around 2-2.5 degrees.  Carry at 260.  Basically, I'm pretty optimized, but I'd like to see better ball speed to get a few more yards.  

I tried my same shaft in tsi3 9 degree.  Neutral stock settings.  For starters, I love the look and sound of the tsi3.  It's very classic titleist shape with a slightly deeper face than ts3.  Slightly more round the back and some nice toe flow.  

Swing speed was the same, launch was about .5 to 1 degree lower. ball speed INCREASED by about 3 mph.  Unfortunately, spin INCREASED to just over 3000.  Carry was 255 range.  We thought I might have been hitting it a tad low on the face.  I used a taller tee.  This helped lower spin to about 2900 and I was able to get around 257 carry.  Unfortunately, I never got spin down to ts3 levels so ts3 was consistently longer.  This held true for 4 other shafts I tried in both heads.  The ts3 is simply a lower spinning club and the tsi3 has slightly faster ball speed.  I didn't seem to miss the tsi3 any more right or left as the ts3 (meaning, I don't think it is heavily fade or draw bias).  

So there you have it... Ts3 has less spin and tsi3 had more ball speed, which kept the ts3 slightly longer all day. Overall, I'm sticking with the ts3 because I was consistently longer with it and I'm used to it.  

Edited by bogeypro
Correction
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

PXG Black Ops Tour 1 Fujikura Motore X F3

PXG Black Ops 3 wood hzrdus black

PXG Black Ops 17* hybrid hzrdus black

TaylorMade P770 4-9 KBS Tour

TaylorMade  MG 46/52/58wedges

Putter TBD

8 minutes ago, bogeypro said:

Current setup is TS3 9.5 with hzrdus black smoke 6.5 at stock length and swing weight.

I hit 7 drives with my current setup, took out best and worst and took average of the remaining 5.  I usually hit the center of the club, but my miss is to hit it slightly low on the face.  This can increase spin.  I did this routine for each shaft tested.  I was worn out by the end.  LoL!

Swing speed in the 106-107 range.  Ball speed in 154-157 range.  I was able to get a few at 160.  Launch 11.4, spin 2588, hitting up around 2-2.5 degrees.  Carry at 260.  Basically, I'm pretty optimized, but I'd like to see better ball speed to get a few more yards.  

I tried my same shaft in tsi3 9 degree.  Neutral stock settings.  For starters, I love the look and sound of the tsi3.  It's very classic titleist shape with a slightly deeper face than ts3.  Slightly more round the back and some nice toe flow.  

Swing speed was the same, launch was about .5 to 1 degree lower. ball speed INCREASED by about 3 mph.  Unfortunately, spin INCREASED to just over 3000.  Carry was 255 range.  We thought I might have been hitting it a tad low on the face.  I used a taker tee.  This helped lower spin to about 2900 and I was able to get around 257 carry.  Unfortunately, I never got spin down to ts3 levels so ts3 was consistently longer.  This held true for 4 other shafts I tried in both heads.  The ts3 is simply a lower spinning club and the tsi3 has slightly faster ball speed.  I didn't seem to miss the tsi3 any more right or left as the ts3 (meaning, I don't think it is heavily fade or draw bias).  

So there you have it... Ts3 has less spin and tsi3 had more ball speed, which kept the ts3 slightly longer all day. Overall, I'm sticking with the ts3 because I was consistently longer with it and I'm used to it.  

TSI4 when it comes out.....

• Haha 1

Tipped up my GD shafts with some titleist tips 

Ad tp & ad di TSI3 9*

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

3w Stealth 2 + 15* Ventus Red 9x tipped 2" 43”  

2i TMAG P790 2i Hzdus 100g X  

Titleist MB 620 3-PW (47* PW) PX 7.0 Std Length -2 flat from Titleist Spec 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

14 hours ago, PowerCobra98 said:

Shaft in the Epix SZ is a Project X Riptide and shaft in the TSi3 is the Tensei RAW Blue.

Unfortunately with the SkyTrak I can't see attack angles but I am for sure hitting up on the ball.  Ball impact is my typical spot which is slightly toe side and north of the equator for the most part.  Of course I'll hit the occasional low on the face ball too but that's not my normal area. 

All I can say is that for me, the TSi3 just launches lower and spins more...like 600 rpms more.  It's pretty significant.  Right now the Epic SZ is set at 11.5* and the TSi3 is set at 11.75*.  In case you haven't noticed I'm not an X Flex 120mph swing speed guy like 99% of internet golfers are LOL. 

I don't know...it's just my observations and thought I'd add them to the thread. 

You may have said it but what about forgiveness? 

Titleist TSR2 Tour AD DI
Titleist TSR2+ Tour AD DI
Titleist TSR2 18 Speeder 757 Evo V

Mizuno Max Hybrid 22

Titleist T350 5-7

Titleist T200 8-48
Ping s159 54,60
Scotty Cameron Jet Setter NP2

15 minutes ago, sofla said:

You may have said it but what about forgiveness? 

It's all been indoor SkyTrak hitting so take it for what it's worth but...TSi3 seems to have more forgiveness at this point.  I think that's likely due to the increased spin though.  I'm going to keep hitting them against each other and start capturing the data so I can sit down and give it a good look over a few more sessions.  

Callaway Chrome Tour

19 minutes ago, PowerCobra98 said:

It's all been indoor SkyTrak hitting so take it for what it's worth but...TSi3 seems to have more forgiveness at this point.  I think that's likely due to the increased spin though.  I'm going to keep hitting them against each other and start capturing the data so I can sit down and give it a good look over a few more sessions.  

I'd be curious to hear more about your spin...  I really want to like this club, but I feel it's too high spin.  

I will also agree that the tsi3 seems very forgiving...I didn't think about the additional spin helping with that, but it could be the case.    

PXG Black Ops Tour 1 Fujikura Motore X F3

PXG Black Ops 3 wood hzrdus black

PXG Black Ops 17* hybrid hzrdus black

TaylorMade P770 4-9 KBS Tour

TaylorMade  MG 46/52/58wedges

Putter TBD

5 minutes ago, bogeypro said:

I'd be curious to hear more about your spin...  I really want to like this club, but I feel it's too high spin.  

I will also agree that the tsi3 seems very forgiving...I didn't think about the additional spin helping with that, but it could be the case.    

I agree about the spin.  I'm going to keep testing it against my old faithful Epic SZ.  It's going to be a fine line for me to decide.   I think I'm going to go ahead and pick up another Riptide shaft with a Titleist tip so I can go like for like in the shafts and see if the results are any different.  I do really like the feel of the Tensei Raw Blue shaft though. 

Edited by PowerCobra98

Callaway Chrome Tour

Had what I think will be my last round of 2020 yesterday. Started off a little rough with my swing on the front 9, was hitting behind the ball with every club. Yet again even with how crappy my swing was on the front 9 the TSi2 got the ball out there and in play. Also thank god for my pop up tape protector, woulda had a real ugly mark on the top line after hole #1 😬 On the back 9 I came alive tho, started finding the middle of the face with the driver. Even on a wet/muddy Dec. day in WNY I was getting the ball out there 230ish with no roll. Can't wait to start a fresh season with this club, really has helped a weaker part of my game become a lot better.

Edited by choppstixxx
  • Like 2

Titleist TSi2 9* - Ventus Red TR

Callaway Rogue ST Max 18*

TM SIM2 Max 22*

Titleist T200 4-GW

Vokey SM9 54*/58*

Odyssey Stroke Lab DW

On 12/10/2020 at 6:29 PM, bogeypro said:

Swing speed was the same, launch was about .5 to 1 degree lower. ball speed INCREASED by about 3 mph.  Unfortunately, spin INCREASED to just over 3000.  Carry was 255 range.  We thought I might have been hitting it a tad low on the face.  I used a taller tee.  This helped lower spin to about 2900 and I was able to get around 257 carry.  Unfortunately, I never got spin down to ts3 levels so ts3 was consistently longer.  This held true for 4 other shafts I tried in both heads.  The ts3 is simply a lower spinning club and the tsi3 has slightly faster ball speed.  I didn't seem to miss the tsi3 any more right or left as the ts3 (meaning, I don't think it is heavily fade or draw bias).  

Not doubting your results but was the trackman indoors? If so, I would test on a GCQuad to confirm....

Paradym 3D 10.5 - Ventus Blue TR 6x

Paradym 3D 15 - Hzrdus Smoke Red RDX 70 6.5

Paradym 3D 18 - Hzrdus Smoke Red RDX 70 6.5

TCB Gen 1 4-PW - KBS C-Taper S+

SM9 50F, 54S, 58V  - KBS C-Taper S+

Ai-ONE Jailbird Mini CH

Golf Pride MCC Blue

2022 Bridgestone Tour B X

1 hour ago, jjrussell12 said:

Anyone able to find a place selling surefit weight replacements? Swapping shafts to go back to 44.50” and need to offset the swing weight change. 

Any dealer can order them from Titleist. 

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

On 12/11/2020 at 5:09 AM, drbonesvt said:

Tipped up my GD shafts with some titleist tips 

Ad tp & ad di TSI3 9*

Anyone comment on the Ventus 6x vs 7x 

Tested out the other night the GD , AD TP 7tx and AD DI 9x 

vs my Ventus shafts 

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

3w Stealth 2 + 15* Ventus Red 9x tipped 2" 43”  

2i TMAG P790 2i Hzdus 100g X  

Titleist MB 620 3-PW (47* PW) PX 7.0 Std Length -2 flat from Titleist Spec 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

1 hour ago, jjrussell12 said:

Individual weights or do I have to order the entire kit?

Pretty sure individual weights. I did it for a customer on the TS2.  We just called the service/repair department.   They were about $20 if i recall correctly. 

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

Just ordered the TSi2 13.5 fairway with Tensei AV White 75x. Ordered with the +4 gram weight. 

Plan is to make it a hair draw biased and nudge the Tsi3 driver a neutral to a hair fade biased. Love my TS3 fairway, but just wanting to try something new.

• Like 2

Ai Smoke ♦️♦️♦️ 9* Ventus TR Blue 6x

Mizuno STG 15* Ventus Blue 7x

TSR3 18* Ventus TR Red 7x
TSR3 24* IZ 95x
Ping Blueprint S 5-PW $-Taper 120

PING S159 50, 55, 60h 
Phantom X 5

Did some comparison of my SIM 9 degree with the haz green 60tx shaft vs. the Tsi3 10 degree with the stock RDX black 60 6.5 shaft.

Not a ton in it at the moment. I do have a ventus blue 7x I am getting ripped up for the TSi and will see how that perform.

Here is the sim.

2B479C04-E7C5-4370-8B32-884FFE362D74.jpeg

Here is the Tsi 3

9A0BB49E-91C4-43F9-9A60-EFB6A1775B9D.jpeg

Edited by QuigleyDU
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

49 minutes ago, QuigleyDU said:

Did some comparison of my SIM 9 degree with the haz green 60tx shaft vs. the Tsi3 10 degree with the stock RDX black 60 6.5 shaft.

Not a ton in it at the moment. I do have a ventus blue 7x I am getting ripped up for the TSi and will see how that perform.

Here is the sim.

2B479C04-E7C5-4370-8B32-884FFE362D74.jpeg

Here is the Tsi 3

9A0BB49E-91C4-43F9-9A60-EFB6A1775B9D.jpeg

Higher spin with tsi3 even with a draw. That sim is still money.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, getitdaily said:

Higher spin with tsi3 even with a draw. That sim is still money.

I love it. A sim with hazrdus green would always spin less the a 1 degree higher lofted head and a softer shaft. It’s a draw by the way cause of the shaft and that draw is the only thing keeping the launch down. These set ups are plain and simple not a direct comparison by any nature even though the numbers would suggest the are.

TSr3 8° VENTUS RED TR 7X

TSr3 3W 15° VENTUS RED TR 8X

2023 T200 2/17°

2023 T200 4-PW, GW

SM10 52, 58 M-Grind

PIRETTI POTENZA WB

TitleistSmaller.jpg.5bc014a5893add877cc9ffa452af52bd.jpg

23 minutes ago, jrshelby said:

I love it. A sim with hazrdus green would always spin less the a 1 degree higher lofted head and a softer shaft. It’s a draw by the way cause of the shaft and that draw is the only thing keeping the launch down. These set ups are plain and simple not a direct comparison by any nature even though the numbers would suggest the are.

I agree.. there is differences. But it was my gamer vs a possible new gamer.. from what I can tell I am neither gaining nor giving anything up. And that is with a stock offering.. something to consider..

Edited by QuigleyDU
  • Like 2

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

• easyyy featured this topic
  • easyyy unfeatured this topic