2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Titleist TSi 2 & TSi 3 driver and 3 woods - 2020 Safeway Open

pga43

2 hours ago, QuigleyDU said:

Did some comparison of my SIM 9 degree with the haz green 60tx shaft vs. the Tsi3 10 degree with the stock RDX black 60 6.5 shaft.

Not a ton in it at the moment. I do have a ventus blue 7x I am getting ripped up for the TSi and will see how that perform.

Here is the sim.

2B479C04-E7C5-4370-8B32-884FFE362D74.jpeg

Here is the Tsi 3

9A0BB49E-91C4-43F9-9A60-EFB6A1775B9D.jpeg

Impressive 

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

3w Stealth 2 + 15* Ventus Red 9x tipped 2" 43”  

2i TMAG P790 2i Hzdus 100g X  

Titleist MB 620 3-PW (47* PW) PX 7.0 Std Length -2 flat from Titleist Spec 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

2 hours ago, jrshelby said:

I love it. A sim with hazrdus green would always spin less the a 1 degree higher lofted head and a softer shaft. It’s a draw by the way cause of the shaft and that draw is the only thing keeping the launch down. These set ups are plain and simple not a direct comparison by any nature even though the numbers would suggest the are.

But they are launching the same...  So that negates the additional loft.  The tsi3 still spins more.  I'm seeing this more and more...   I hate to say it, but as good as the tsi3 looks, it's a 917 with faster ball speed.  

Edited by bogeypro
Correction
  • Like 1

PXG Black Ops Tour 1 Fujikura Motore X F3

PXG Black Ops 3 wood hzrdus black

PXG Black Ops 17* hybrid hzrdus black

TaylorMade P770 4-9 KBS Tour

TaylorMade  MG 46/52/58wedges

TaylorMade Spider mallet 72 putter

32 minutes ago, bogeypro said:

But they are launching the same...  So that negates the additional loft.  The tsi3 still spins more.  I'm seeing this more and more...   I hate to say it, but as good as the tsi3 looks, it's a 917 with faster ball speed.  

And is that a bad thing?

I got the same distance with slightly higher spin. That to me means stability and accuracy.

Edited by QuigleyDU
  • Like 3

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

2 hours ago, QuigleyDU said:

I agree.. there is differences. But it was my gamer vs a possible new gamer.. from what I can tell I am neither gaining nor giving anything up. And that is with a stock offering.. something to consider..

I'm OK with your numbers just not the assessment of the the response to the numbers. A softer tip shaft, IE the RDX will turn the ball over, hence launching lower than the HULK would have. The HULK would have kept the club face open a hair longer due to its stiffer tip section and would have a higher launch then the SIM and the HULK would of brought the spin down to at least the the SIM area. 

Edited by jrshelby

TSr3 8° VENTUS RED TR 7X

TSr2+ 2W 13° VENTUS RED TR 8X

2023 T200 2/17°

2023 T200 4-PW, GW

SM10 52, 58 M-Grind

BETTINARDI BB1 WIDE

TitleistSmaller.jpg.5bc014a5893add877cc9ffa452af52bd.jpg

9 minutes ago, jrshelby said:

I'm OK with your numbers just not the assessment of the the response to the numbers. A softer tip shaft, IE the RDX will turn the ball over, hence launching lower than the HULK would have. The HULK would have kept the club face open a hair longer due to its stiffer tip section and would have a higher launch then the SIM and the HULK would of brought the spin down to at least the the SIM area. 

Ok I feel ya.

Of the two. I think the RDX is actually stiffer tipped. The hulk is extremely mid and butt stiff. They are actually very different profiles.

I may swaps tips on the hulk as well. But the sim/hulk combs has been really good. I don’t want to mess it up. Just in case. Haha

plus let’s see what happens when the cobra rad, sim2, and mizuno drivers come out. 

Edited by QuigleyDU

BALL; Chrome Soft X

6 hours ago, QuigleyDU said:

Did some comparison of my SIM 9 degree with the haz green 60tx shaft vs. the Tsi3 10 degree with the stock RDX black 60 6.5 shaft.

Not a ton in it at the moment. I do have a ventus blue 7x I am getting ripped up for the TSi and will see how that perform.

Here is the sim.

2B479C04-E7C5-4370-8B32-884FFE362D74.jpeg

Here is the Tsi 3

9A0BB49E-91C4-43F9-9A60-EFB6A1775B9D.jpeg

Why do you suppose there's so much difference in simulators ?

1507010468_WRXQUIGLEYDRIVE.png.3c8481c30c4fcad8af896358d7d75430.png

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X

1 hour ago, nsxguy said:

Why do you suppose there's so much difference in simulators ?

1507010468_WRXQUIGLEYDRIVE.png.3c8481c30c4fcad8af896358d7d75430.png

What alt are you at? I am at 4300 feet alt. So that could account for some difference. I have zero experience with flightscope. So I have no idea how it works. But, I trackman our side I am still getting very similar numbers..there are some difference but still very similar.

Edited by QuigleyDU

BALL; Chrome Soft X

12 hours ago, QuigleyDU said:

Ok I feel ya.

Of the two. I think the RDX is actually stiffer tipped. The hulk is extremely mid and butt stiff. They are actually very different profiles.

I may swaps tips on the hulk as well. But the sim/hulk combs has been really good. I don’t want to mess it up. Just in case. Haha

plus let’s see what happens when the cobra rad, sim2, and mizuno drivers come out. 

I’ve heard the RDX plays stiffer in the tip as well. TSI3 does look more stable if it is going the same distance with a couple hundred rpms more. Thanks for testing the two!

Paradym 3D 10.5 - Ventus Blue TR 6x

Paradym 3D 15 - Hzrdus Smoke Red RDX 70 6.5

Paradym 3D 18 - Hzrdus Smoke Red RDX 70 6.5

TCB Gen 1 4-PW - KBS C-Taper S+

SM9 50F, 54S, 58V  - KBS C-Taper S+

Ai-ONE Jailbird Mini CH

Golf Pride MCC Blue

2022 Bridgestone Tour B X

On 12/12/2020 at 8:32 AM, drbonesvt said:

Anyone comment on the Ventus 6x vs 7x 

Tested out the other night the GD , AD TP 7tx and AD DI 9x 

vs my Ventus shafts 

Ventus line IMOP is something special in its design , shows in the performance 

TMAG guy for a long while , prob have a couple grand in shafts with TMAG tips so took a little while to get the Titleist stuff with some tips on it. 

Driver Ive searched for that right application for awhile , but 3w has been mostly a constant of AD DI 9x tipped 2 “ in X (head) with a sprinkle of D+ 90TX every so often, love that shaft but its an off the tee wonder but for this guy, a little too launching off the deck, turns any 3w ive had into a one trick pony. 

*** Low launch of the TSI3 3w *** I would agree with a lot of the consensus on here that this vs tsi 2 3w , is a low launching head design .   It works fantastic with the Ventus 9x Red. BOring and straight in the 3w.  Very very straight , not a lot of variation for me in short shape.   Lower launching than the ADDI 9x 

ADDI 9x , this in the TSI3 , a normally higher what I would call ball flight in a 3w , is medium in the TSI3.     Only knock for me , is sometimes with the ADDI , ill loose it high right , not a shaft issue but a player swing problem.  BUT The Ventus I do not have experience that miss,  ADDI 9x and VR 9x , really close on performance , going to take a while to vet that one out 

Currently much to my chagrin , my old friend the AD TP 7TX is leading the pack for driver slot.   In the TSI3 head , its medium launch with LOW spin.  (Wish I could get on a monitor ) the Ventus Black 6x is an incredible shaft.   Again a bit more control, LOWER launch than the 7tx ad tp, which is impressive given the weight differential on the build shaft difff is 13g .   the AD TP CPM a full flex and half , close to 2 stiffer than than the Ventus 6x.  Going to prob have to play with both sets and see which one net better scores on course, but would like to get them on a monitor to see the numbers.   

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

12 hours ago, QuigleyDU said:

What alt are you at? I am at 4300 feet alt. So that could account for some difference. I have zero experience with flightscope. So I have no idea how it works. But, I trackman our side I am still getting very similar numbers..there are some difference but still very similar.

:classic_laugh:

Last night as I was going to bed I thought about this exact thing and "What if he's in Denver ?!?!?!" but I was too tired to check it. Figured I do it in the morning.

Here's the flightscope calc at 4300.

BTW, how does your device know it's at 4300 feet ? Is there user setting on it ?

34825206_WRXQUIGLEY2.png.a24a3beb308e873c38d7e2e2d9b3e6a1.png

Titleist Pro V1X

2 minutes ago, nsxguy said:

:classic_laugh:

Last night as I was going to bed I thought about this exact thing and "What if he's in Denver ?!?!?!" but I was too tired to check it. Figured I do it in the morning.

Here's the flightscope calc at 4300.

BTW, how does your device know it's at 4300 feet ? Is there user setting on it ?

34825206_WRXQUIGLEY2.png.a24a3beb308e873c38d7e2e2d9b3e6a1.png

There is a setting on that optimizer 

• Like 1

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

1 hour ago, drbonesvt said:

I would call those numbers close enough to be within the standard deviation.

these launch monitors all have variations and limitations.

• Like 1

BALL; Chrome Soft X

5 minutes ago, QuigleyDU said:

I see the pros use 2 , trackman and foresight , I guess to take out variance ? Or validation of the other ?

great IMOP for comparing two set up’s or clubs, or assessing swing.  I’d love to have one for strictly short game purposes or putting.  

• Like 1

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

3 minutes ago, drbonesvt said:

I see the pros use 2 , trackman and foresight , I guess to take out variance ? Or validation of the other ?

great IMOP for comparing two set up’s or clubs, or assessing swing.  I’d love to have one for strictly short game purposes or putting.  

For sure. I think it is to collect the ball data (trackman) and the club data (foresight).

from my personal experience hitting foresight and trackman side by side at the same time. They were very close. 

BALL; Chrome Soft X

6 hours ago, drbonesvt said:

I assume you meant the Foresight unit that Quigley used, yes ?

5 hours ago, QuigleyDU said:

338 from Foresight and 317 from Flightscope is about 6%. I don't know about "standard deviation" but for that difference I'd say that's totally UNacceptable.

Maybe there's something I did wrong on the flightscope website ? :classic_blink:

Titleist Pro V1X

20 minutes ago, nsxguy said:

338 from Foresight and 317 from Flightscope is about 6%. I don't know about "standard deviation" but for that difference I'd say that's totally UNacceptable.

Maybe there's something I did wrong on the flightscope website ? :classic_blink:

I doubt there’s anything you did wrong. It’s well know that as spin gets lower, using Foresight algorithm, the carry distance gets disproportionately longer 

I believe there’s some other threads that discuss foresight’s algorithm in more detail and the abnormal carry numbers are certainly the biggest knock on GC2 and QUAD. 

with that said, as far as gathering data goes, I believe Foresight is as good as it gets if you are indoors. 

Outdoors and if you can afford it, obviously trackman wins 

• Like 2

Titleist TSR2 - TPT Nitro 16lo
Taylormade SIM Ti 3w - Tensei 1k Black 85tx
Taylormade SIM Ti 5w - Fujikura Ventus Black 9x

Cobra Tec Hybrid 2 - Kai'li 90tx

Cobra Tec Hybrid 4 - Aldila Tour Black 105tx
Srixon ZX5/ZX& Mkii 5-PW - Project X 6.5

Callaway Jaws Raw 50s, 54s, 58z - BGT ZNE 130

Putter - LAB something or another

1 hour ago, nsxguy said:

Every flightscope I've been on automatically assumed 1.45 smash.  This would give the extra distance calculation versus trackman.

For example, I was on trackman and flightscope for my TS3 vs TSI3 fitting. flightscope had longer carry than trackman because it assumed 1.45 smash.  In reality, I was hitting slightly lower in the face and wasn't getting 1.45 on trackman.

Edited by bogeypro
Correction

2 hours ago, osubuckeyes691 said:

I doubt there’s anything you did wrong. It’s well know that as spin gets lower, using Foresight algorithm, the carry distance gets disproportionately longer 

I believe there’s some other threads that discuss foresight’s algorithm in more detail and the abnormal carry numbers are certainly the biggest knock on GC2 and QUAD. 

with that said, as far as gathering data goes, I believe Foresight is as good as it gets if you are indoors. 

Outdoors and if you can afford it, obviously trackman wins 

Exactly correct. High speed, low spin players have significantly inflated carry distances on Foresight launch monitors. It's debatable that GCQ is more accurate than Trackman indoors but the carry distance should still be taken with a grain of salt.

It's refreshing to see a buckeye put together a rational thought... Go blue!

Edited by mgoblue83

1 hour ago, golffeen007 said:

Just hoped on my buddy’s Flightscope with the TSi3 Ripx combo and there was no auto 1.45 smash for me.

7121EA1D-2090-4FFD-ADBB-9E1CD7B24B45.jpeg.74944e87b2e4f3c99867fad682ed3bfd.jpeg

Well now I'm jealous... This is the one I was on recently.  All shots were 1.45.  Could this be a setting that needs to be changed?  

20201210_110036.jpg

1 hour ago, mgoblue83 said:

Exactly correct. High speed, low spin players have significantly inflated carry distances on Foresight launch monitors. It's debatable that GCQ is more accurate than Trackman indoors but the carry distance should still be taken with a grain of salt.

You know it’s a tough year when RUTGERS has a better record than you 😂 E338C1C6-A1D1-4889-8D07-8F40FD34FBED.jpeg.5d7986cc9fa5c9361bf8d0049f0dbd6b.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, bogeypro said:

Well now I'm jealous... This is the one I was on recently.  All shots were 1.45.  Could this be a setting that needs to be changed?  

20201210_110036.jpg

This isn’t flightscope. This is a foresight sports GC2 (or similar version at most retail golf stores) without the HMT. It only measures ball speed and calculates swing speed based on 1.45 smash 

• Thanks 1

I thought the FS optimizer errs a bit on the low side and GC2/GCQ errs on the high side with carry especially as the spin goes down and ball speed goes up (in my experiences as a previous GC2 owner). Could account for some of the 6% difference.

Tsi3 7.25* Velocore Black 6x

Tsi3 16.5* Tensei Raw White 75x

TM P770 3i Velocore Black HB 9x

Mizuno YORO MP5 4-PW - Modus 120x

TM MG 51*, 55*

TM Hi Toe 64*

Yamada Emperor 34"

Snell MTBx

16 hours ago, mgoblue83 said:

@drbonesvt @QuigleyDU @osubuckeyes691 @bogeypro @golffeen007 @lhahn

As I mentioned earlier I didn't want to derail the TSi thread with LM talk so i created the topic in the other forum.

Here's the link if anyone cares to look at it and/or discuss.

https://forums.golfwrx.com/topic/1782249-equipment-testing-trackman-foresight-gc-etc/

• Thanks 2

Titleist Pro V1X

I haven't received my TSi3 yet. Titleist actually called me last week to say they were waiting on new heads.

Mine is 10* with Fubuki MV 45 S.

Unfortunately, I no longer carry it 290 like everyone else here😆.

I was told maybe by Christmas.

Anyway, my real point is every time I fondle one at the PGASS, I come away feeling this is the best looking head I've seen in a l-o-n-g time.

Will it be the best for me? Will it kick my tour M6 out of the bag?

Probably won't know until April....New York weather blows!

8 hours ago, Olddoncarlo said:

I haven't received my TSi3 yet. Titleist actually called me last week to say they were waiting on new heads.

Mine is 10* with Fubuki MV 45 S.

Unfortunately, I no longer carry it 290 like everyone else here😆.

I was told maybe by Christmas.

I don't know.............

You're gonna hafta work out an awful lot to get to 290 by Christmas,,,,,,,, 51683a_ba67ef93fd3747a9968044f6601d449c~

• Haha 3

Titleist Pro V1X

• easyyy featured this topic
  • easyyy unfeatured this topic