Titleist TSi 2 & TSi 3 driver and 3 woods - 2020 Safeway Open

pga43

8 minutes ago, alpineto said:

I recently got fitted for the ts2 with hazardous smoke rdx black 6.0 which I like , but happened to stop by 

a golf store in mid town Manhattan and was checking out the ts3 with the graphite design ad iz 60 gram shaft 

and the ts2 with my shaft in it, both heads where 9' heads my head is a 10' but anyhow I was basically getting the same numbers 

with both drivers my worst drives where 260 and my best where 285 with a swing speed of 105mph but the graphite design is a far smoother 

shaft and I was kind of regretting having gotten the hazardous smoke but saying that when I did get fit my fitter did not try me in the graphite design shaft 

so just a word of advise to anyone who does get fit into the hazardous smoke to make sure you try out the graphite design ad iz 

it's a far smoother shaft , I may switch  out my smoke with the graphite design ad zi as I can definitely see myself getting more yardage 

with it over the long run , the smoke definitely is a little more of a boarder'y feel to it than the graphite design .

Sounds like a fair assessment of the different heads and shafts. AD-IZ is a $200 upcharge. Based on specs and materials in theory it should be smoother and launch higher.

Edited by jds101086
  • Like 1

Taylormade Stealth Plus 10.5 - Fujikura Evo II 665 X

Callaway Mavrik SZ 16.5* - Fujikura Speeder Evo V 757 X

4-PW Titleist CNCPT CP02 True Temper Monaco X

46, 50, 54, 60 Vokey SM9 Raw - True Temper Monaco X and S

Taylormade Spider Tour

18 minutes ago, jds101086 said:

Sounds like a fair assessment of the different heads and shafts. AD-IZ is a $200 upcharge. Based on specs and materials in theory it should be smoother and launch higher.

I knew it was a $200 upcharge it's just a pity my fitter didn't try me in the graphite design as I would have went with it, it's just a really nice shaft to swing now I end up paying $380 for it if I want the change which more than likely I will .

I like to hear this, as I was ultimately fit into the Raw White though the numbers were really similar with the RDX.  I have been struggling with the Tensei and bought an IZ to try.  It was the ONLY shaft the fitter did not have me hit and I have no idea why.  I hit the DI and the XC but had better results with the RDX and Raw White.  All of a sudden, I'm just struggling so I am looking for something to wake me up!  Hoping the IZ helps.

Titleist TSr2 10*  GD UB 6s

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 19* Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

Srixon ZX7 mkii 4-7, Z-Forged ii 8-P KBS CTL 110

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

29 minutes ago, Nixhex524 said:

I like to hear this, as I was ultimately fit into the Raw White though the numbers were really similar with the RDX.  I have been struggling with the Tensei and bought an IZ to try.  It was the ONLY shaft the fitter did not have me hit and I have no idea why.  I hit the DI and the XC but had better results with the RDX and Raw White.  All of a sudden, I'm just struggling so I am looking for something to wake me up!  Hoping the IZ helps.

If you hit the Hazardous rdx well you should be able to hit the IZ even better ,very smooth shaft .

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Are all the TSI3 fairways the same head volume size?  Callaway fairways get progressively smaller...like the 5W head is smaller than the 3W head.  I'm only seeing one size mentioned on Titleist specs.  Thinking the 18* 5W would be gigantic if that's the case...

Titleist TSR3 Driver - Fujikura Ventus Black 6
Callaway Paradym Super Hybrid 2H - Steelfiber FC 75
Callaway Apex Pro 3H - Steelfiber FC 75
Mizuno Pro 243 4i-PW - Dynamic Gold 105
Mizuno T22 48*, 54*, 60* - Dynamic Gold 105
Byron Morgan 615 - Fujikura MC Firm
Callaway Chrome Tour

On 12/20/2020 at 3:53 PM, halfsumo said:

Don't worry, there will be plenty of DI, IZ and XC's with Titleist tips for sale over the life of the TSi range for far less than $380.

Guilty as charged.. posted one yesterday.. been doing too much shaft shopping this year....

Titleist TSR4 8*  Ventus Black TR 6x
Titleist TSr3 13.5 Ventus Black TR 7x
Mizuno Pro 221 4-pw Modus 125x
Vokey SM9 52.08F 56.08M 60.04T
Scotty Newport Button Back or
Scotty Select 1/500 Newport Black Mist

Had some on course time with the TSI3 with raw white 70 x. Can say it kept up with my M5 and was longer on a few occasions! I’m only switching simply because my M5 is getting old and want something new (no need to back up a purchase to those on WRX LOL) anyway one thing hit me, if I try the TSi2 with the same shaft will I get the same distance AND more forgiveness? My fitter could lend me both so I went with what I thought was obvious but after waggling and seeing the TSi2 shape I have to say I’m intrigued. Has anybody put them head to head? Same shaft and seen any dramatic differences in spin or distance? I hate monitors and prefer to demo on course so I wasn’t able to get the data. Really looking forward to finally placing an order for these lol. 

1 hour ago, SUPERG said:

Had some on course time with the TSI3 with raw white 70 x. Can say it kept up with my M5 and was longer on a few occasions! I’m only switching simply because my M5 is getting old and want something new (no need to back up a purchase to those on WRX LOL) anyway one thing hit me, if I try the TSi2 with the same shaft will I get the same distance AND more forgiveness? My fitter could lend me both so I went with what I thought was obvious but after waggling and seeing the TSi2 shape I have to say I’m intrigued. Has anybody put them head to head? Same shaft and seen any dramatic differences in spin or distance? I hate monitors and prefer to demo on course so I wasn’t able to get the data. Really looking forward to finally placing an order for these lol. 

I tested both side by side in 9* heads and found that the TSi3 was slightly longer, with almost perfect numbers.. However, TSi2 was just automatic for me and the dispersion was incredible. I went into the fitting certain that I was leaving with the TSi3, but ended up purchasing the TSi2.

For reference my fitting was outdoors with trackman.

Titleist....

On 12/21/2020 at 12:43 AM, alpineto said:

If you hit the Hazardous rdx well you should be able to hit the IZ even better ,very smooth shaft .

it’s a very smooth profile in my experience. You’ll see a very different ball flight to the tensei white and HZRDUS though. Whether it works depends on your delivery. My tsi2 3 wood was fitted with the iz, but not driver. 

6 hours ago, dropkicked said:

I tested both side by side in 9* heads and found that the TSi3 was slightly longer, with almost perfect numbers.. However, TSi2 was just automatic for me and the dispersion was incredible. I went into the fitting certain that I was leaving with the TSi3, but ended up purchasing the TSi2.

For reference my fitting was outdoors with trackman.

Awesome! I liked the shape of the TSI2 from the second I saw these as well. I wanted to go with it based on that alone but was scared of the spin. I’ll be giving it a shot on Saturday!

When I got my TSi3 I had all intentions of going to my fitter and just having him pop my Ventus Blue 7x in and everything would be great. I tested it out and sure enough all the numbers were good and I still do love that shaft. We had some time so I tested the Motore X F3 7x in the TSi3 9 degree head and I was pretty shocked after a few swings. It felt really great and similar to Ventus blue given the profiles but my ball speed went up about 2-3 mph and launch went up without effecting spin. Needless to say after testing my pocket was lighter and now I guess this Ventus may be going in the new 3 wood. 

I am by know means as knowledgeable as everyone on here but I do like to tinker and I think this Motore X line of shafts is pretty underrated. Its a great choice if you want to save some $$ as well.

4 hours ago, SUPERG said:

Awesome! I liked the shape of the TSI2 from the second I saw these as well. I wanted to go with it based on that alone but was scared of the spin. I’ll be giving it a shot on Saturday!

You can try nudging the tsi2 down in loft a smidge. Might launch and spin similar to the 3 with the shape you like and the forgiveness.

Ai Smoke ♦️♦️♦️ 9* Ventus TR Blue 6x

BRNR Mini 13.5 Kaili White 60x

TSR3 18* Ventus TR Red 7x
TSR3 24* IZ 95x
Ping Blueprint S 5-PW $-Taper 120

PING S159 50, 55, 60h 
Phantom X 7

55 minutes ago, noodle3872 said:

TSi4

6D645423-2F55-4C33-B084-04893FCC40C5.jpeg

That’s gonna get a lot of dudes around here hot and bothered. 

• Haha 2

Titleist TSr 3 10°, Ventus Blue 6s
Titleist TSr 2 16.5°, Ventus Blue 7s

Ping G430 3, 4, 5 hybrid, Alta CB Black 70s

PXG 0317T 6-GW Mitsubishi MMT 80s
Vokey SM9 54° D, 60° T, KBS TGI 95s

L.A.B. Mezz.1 Max 35”, Accra

14 hours ago, dvyChan1987 said:

When I got my TSi3 I had all intentions of going to my fitter and just having him pop my Ventus Blue 7x in and everything would be great. I tested it out and sure enough all the numbers were good and I still do love that shaft. We had some time so I tested the Motore X F3 7x in the TSi3 9 degree head and I was pretty shocked after a few swings. It felt really great and similar to Ventus blue given the profiles but my ball speed went up about 2-3 mph and launch went up without effecting spin. Needless to say after testing my pocket was lighter and now I guess this Ventus may be going in the new 3 wood. 

I am by know means as knowledgeable as everyone on here but I do like to tinker and I think this Motore X line of shafts is pretty underrated. Its a great choice if you want to save some $$ as well.

Did you hit the F1 as well?  I have the F3 in my fairway and love it. Don’t know whether to go F1 in the driver or F3 again. I’ve heard mixed results on the F1 from F3 users. 

6 hours ago, jas904 said:

That’s gonna get a lot of dudes around here hot and bothered. 

Like predictable Drug addicts , we’ll buy tsi2/3 bc it’s here and now , yet we know tsi4 is coming , planned obsolescence

• Like 1

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

3w Stealth 2 + 15* Ventus Red 9x tipped 2" 43”  

2i TMAG P790 2i Hzdus 100g X  

Titleist MB 620 3-PW (47* PW) PX 7.0 Std Length -2 flat from Titleist Spec 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

8 hours ago, jonflesh said:

Did you hit the F1 as well?  I have the F3 in my fairway and love it. Don’t know whether to go F1 in the driver or F3 again. I’ve heard mixed results on the F1 from F3 users. 

I did hit the F1 as well during my testing. For reference, I swing about 112-115mph at my highest. With the F3 7x I was getting between 11-13 launch consistently which was producing 2100-2300 spin on almost all of my solid swings. I do hit up on the ball a little as well. When I hit the F1 7x my launch was only getting to about 11 at the highest and my spin was in 1800s and even dipped down to 1700 on a couple shots. For me that is just not playable on the course. Distance between the 2 were about the same but I enjoyed having more carry and control on the F3 versus the F1. I also think the TSi3 head is pretty low spin to begin with so that also played a factor. For me, I like both shafts but the F3 just fit me better and what I was looking for. Overall, they both feel a bit similar but the F3 is a little softer in the butt.

These are just my findings/opinions so I hope it helps.

21 hours ago, drbonesvt said:

Like predictable Drug addicts , we’ll buy tsi2/3 bc it’s here and now , yet we know tsi4 is coming , planned obsolescence

I'll be silly enough to buy one even though I think the TSi3 will be hard to beat..   

But there is truth in what you are saying as I've done the same thing in the past still owning a 915D4 and TS4... 

Titleist TSR4 8*  Ventus Black TR 6x
Titleist TSr3 13.5 Ventus Black TR 7x
Mizuno Pro 221 4-pw Modus 125x
Vokey SM9 52.08F 56.08M 60.04T
Scotty Newport Button Back or
Scotty Select 1/500 Newport Black Mist

On 12/24/2020 at 7:22 AM, drbonesvt said:

unfortunately range balls where 3rd world quality but all the same crap balls used for testing 

Ventus still proves special 

6x is IMOP a 70g performance in a light weight package .   Take anything you toss at her 

red or in this case “purple” since tipped 2” . Lower launching slight draw ad di 9x .   For some reason I get a straight or power fade with the addi but slight draw with the red.  Close but slight nod to the ventus red 9x

d+90tx , piece of rebar , like it but after using the ventus red , I have a hard time wanting to put it in the bag vs other options. Still a great 3w shaft , actually some great audio feedback using this 

played the KK 70tx in sim and others , less fade bias in the tsi3 head but still  anti left , great flight , shaft was good performer , distance about the same as the Ventus , slightly higher launch than 6x.  Extremely consistent, possibly the most out of all 

Bag spot is prob going to the ventus line or my old Graphite design shafts.  Ventus the most stable out this pair , graphite design might be the most fun to play , the ad tp 7tx just launches with some impressive characteristics but this Player sometimes looses her left which is a serious issue.   3w almost a wash ventus ad di , but the red 9x is point and shot with great feeling.   

I might have to get black or blue 7x , I’m prob bias toward the static weight of the 7tx @ 333g vs the VB 6x at 320g 

just this guys thoughts at 116ish driver , 3 AOA , 109 3w , with “fuglyish” swing (damn should reconstruction / bone on bone )

❄️❄️Happy Holidays everyone ❄️❄️ , rough year , take a moment to do a random act of kindness when possible , you don’t know what someone else might be going though and your act might actually make a world of difference 

On the 3W, I am swinging the ADDI 8TX at the moment. Haven’t had a chance to jump on a 9X before....nice!!!  Love to give the red a run, or an ADDI 9X. 

I’ve heard and read so much about Ventus. Maybe I should find one and give it a go in driver as well. 

On your latter point, spot on my man!!!  Every man carries a heavy burden. No need for any of us to add to that burden for others. 

Edited by SBH9458

On 12/23/2020 at 12:03 AM, drbonesvt said:

I don't think that's fair. In the past, the D4 models have offered lowered spin, but the TSi3 is already very low spin.

915D3 8.5* Aldila Synergy Blue 70TX
915F 15* Diamana B-Series 80X, 18* Grafalloy Epic T90X
716MB 4-PW X100
SM6 52F TVD 56K/60M S400
Bullseye Flange

Is there any feedback out there on the difference between the two fairways? I know they are more alike size and shape wise than past years, but interested in launch differences between the two. I currently have TS3 16.5 now. Thanks!

• Like 1

Taylormade Stealth Plus 10.5 - Fujikura Evo II 665 X

Callaway Mavrik SZ 16.5* - Fujikura Speeder Evo V 757 X

4-PW Titleist CNCPT CP02 True Temper Monaco X

46, 50, 54, 60 Vokey SM9 Raw - True Temper Monaco X and S

Taylormade Spider Tour

3 hours ago, jds101086 said:

Is there any feedback out there on the difference between the two fairways? I know they are more alike size and shape wise than past years, but interested in launch differences between the two. I currently have TS3 16.5 now. Thanks!

I’ve read through this thing, a few have mentioned flight characteristic delta’s 

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

3w Stealth 2 + 15* Ventus Red 9x tipped 2" 43”  

2i TMAG P790 2i Hzdus 100g X  

Titleist MB 620 3-PW (47* PW) PX 7.0 Std Length -2 flat from Titleist Spec 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

On 12/22/2020 at 7:12 AM, SUPERG said:

The TSi2 head shape hides it's longer/less rounded head well. I had a few sim sessions the past few days now that winter is finally here in WNY, all I can say is I am hitting some of my longest/straightest drives ever. I still take sim numbers with a grain of salt, but was hitting straight or tight draws on automatic (my regular shot shape is usually a cut) carrying about 240 totaling around 260 on my best hits. My old setup I would be happy to carry 220ish.

• Like 1

Titleist TSi2 9* - Ventus Red TR

Callaway Rogue ST Max 18*

TM SIM2 Max 22*

Titleist T200 4-GW

Vokey SM9 54*/58*

Odyssey Stroke Lab DW

2 hours ago, choppstixxx said:

The TSi2 head shape hides it's longer/less rounded head well. I had a few sim sessions the past few days now that winter is finally here in WNY, all I can say is I am hitting some of my longest/straightest drives ever. I still take sim numbers with a grain of salt, but was hitting straight or tight draws on automatic (my regular shot shape is usually a cut) carrying about 240 totaling around 260 on my best hits. My old setup I would be happy to carry 220ish.

I found great results with the TSi2 as well!! For me it was much more playable than the 3 without any distance loss! I was even able to go down a weight category to 65x and picked up some more speed! I’m probably going to order a stock one and just upgrade the shaft later, can’t stand the wait on custom builds in these weird times haha

Edited by SUPERG
  • Like 1

• easyyy featured this topic
  • easyyy unfeatured this topic