Titleist TSi 2 & TSi 3 driver and 3 woods - 2020 Safeway Open

I'm hoping someone can answer this question , I recently got fit for the TSI2  10' with the smoke RDX black 6.0 shaft 

and happened to demo a TS3 9' with graphite design AD IZ 6  shaft in it and also hit the TSI 2 with 9' head with the same shaft I'm currently 

gaming which I like but I found the AD IZ 6  to be much smoother now I looked on Titleist's  website and they have the IZ & XC as no up charge 

is this a typo on Titleist's  website as I've been told that these shafts where $200 up charges , thanks in advance . by the way these where demoed on a launch monitor and was getting pretty much the same numbers with both shafts .

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A guy goes to a Titleist fitting at their facility, gets fit into a stick by their expert. Goes home and changes the driver settings quite a bit (9.75* to 8.25*). He says he is hitting quality shots h

You know you have a problem when your local golf shop calls you on your cell to tell you that the rep is there with the new sticks and to come right away to hit it!! I got that call today that the Tit

Posted Images

47 minutes ago, alpineto said:

I'm hoping someone can answer this question , I recently got fit for the TSI2  10' with the smoke RDX black 6.0 shaft 

and happened to demo a TS3 9' with graphite design AD IZ 6  shaft in it and also hit the TSI 2 with 9' head with the same shaft I'm currently 

gaming which I like but I found the AD IZ 6  to be much smoother now I looked on Titleist's  website and they have the IZ & XC as no up charge 

is this a typo on Titleist's  website as I've been told that these shafts where $200 up charges , thanks in advance . by the way these where demoed on a launch monitor and was getting pretty much the same numbers with both shafts .

Where on the website? I see 200 upcharge on titleist website right now. 

TSi2 8.25 Ventus Black 6TX

Tsi2 16.5 Tensei Raw White 2.0 85TX 

3 Nike Vapor Pro LAGP 105X 

4-6 T100 7-PW 620CB X100

SM8 50.12 at 51 KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 135x

RTX ZipCore 55 and 60 KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 125

Legacy Goods Powell Prototype

Titleist -ProV1X or Prov1

1 hour ago, LeftyMatt24 said:

Where on the website? I see 200 upcharge on titleist website right now. 

Not when I was looking at graphite design's shafts on titleist custom shaft offerings for the IZ and the ZC 

it said no up charge I'll look again to make sure my eyes where not playing tricks on me .

I just looked and if you go to the shafts that they stock it says no up charge but then if you customize a tsi2/3 driver with the IZ in it it is a $200 upgrade , strange that it would say no up charge when looking through the list of shafts that it would say no up charge when there clearly is .

Edited by alpineto
6 minutes ago, alpineto said:

Not when I was looking at graphite design's shafts on titleist custom shaft offerings for the IZ and the ZC 

it said no uncharge I'll look again to make sure my eyes where not playing tricks on me .

I bought one a few weeks ago with an XC - it’s an upcharge.  The DI, XC and IZ are $200.  The rest of the graphite design shafts are $300+ upcharge.

• Like 1

Callaway Epic Max LS 9* VA Comp Nemesys 65X
Titleist TS2 16.5* (set to 15.75*) FW Tensei AV Blue 75X
PXG 0317X Gen 2 19* Hybrid PX Evenflow Riptide 85H 6.5
PXG 0311X 4 Utility Iron Nippon Pro Modus 3 105S

Titleist T100-S 5-W(48*)Nippon Pro Modus 3 130S
Cobra King Black 52* Nippon Pro Modus 3 130S

Cobra King Black 58* Nippon Modus Wedge 115
Scotty Cameron Phantom X 12 Custom 34.5”

I PRE-ORDERED my TSi3 fairway wood so long ago I don't even remember when it was. Still have yet to receive it after not getting my pre order driver at the end of November. Emailed DD and was told they are now saying it should ship out mid January. Ordered basically a stock 15 deg head with AV white 85x shaft. Lifelong Titleist fan buying their new stuff without issue until this year. Covid or not I couldn't be more annoyed with the delay in everything I have ordered through them this year.

• Sad 1

Titleist TSi3 7.25 deg - Mitsubishi Diamana DF 70 TX

Titleist TSi3 14.25 deg - Mitsubishi Diamana DF 80 TX

Titleist 816 H2 18.25 deg - Mitsubishi Diamana D+ 90 X

Titleist T200 4-5 - Project X 6.5

Titleist T100 6-PW - Project X 6.5

Vokey SM8 Jet Black 50.12 F, 54.10 S, 58.08 M - TT DG TI Black Onyx S400

Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2

Titleist ProV1x

1 hour ago, HappyGilmore22 said:

I PRE-ORDERED my TSi3 fairway wood so long ago I don't even remember when it was. Still have yet to receive it after not getting my pre order driver at the end of November. Emailed DD and was told they are now saying it should ship out mid January. Ordered basically a stock 15 deg head with AV white 85x shaft. Lifelong Titleist fan buying their new stuff without issue until this year. Covid or not I couldn't be more annoyed with the delay in everything I have ordered through them this year.

It’s because that shaft has been back ordered basically since the preorder opened up. They said mid January 

• Like 1
14 hours ago, dmarabella13 said:

It’s because that shaft has been back ordered basically since the preorder opened up. They said mid January 

I ordered it the second the preorder opened up and was never told it was backordered. A little communication would go a long ways with people. I was just quoted mid November for shipping for everything and nothing ended up coming. 

Titleist ProV1x

5 hours ago, HappyGilmore22 said:

I ordered it the second the preorder opened up and was never told it was backordered. A little communication would go a long ways with people. I was just quoted mid November for shipping for everything and nothing ended up coming. 

Yeah I agree, communication is everything. It sucks when you're always the one to have to reach out

45 minutes ago, dmarabella13 said:

I absolutely love it. I love the new sound of course, but the feel is much better to me. Idk that I really gained THAT much distance from the TS3 I had previously, but sound and feel are better 100% to me. 

I have noticed that the sound of the fairway woods is amazing!! Just “solid”.

Titleist TSi3 - 9* - Tour AD IZ
Titleist TSi2 - 15* - Tour AD IZ
Titleist TS3 Hybrid - Even Flow
Titleist U500 - 4 iron, DG Tour Issue X-100
Titleist T100s 5-9, DG Tour Issue X-100
Titleist Vokey SM8 RAW - 46*, 50*, 56*, 60*, DG Tour Issue X-100 & S-400
Scotty Cameron Tour Rat Masterful

6 hours ago, HappyGilmore22 said:

I ordered mine just before thanksgiving through DD, with Tensei blue stock shafts...still hasn’t shown up either. Got the TSI3 driver and fairway...I was told to expect shipment in about two more weeks which puts it at right where you said in Mid- January. Totally bummed it’s taken this long. 

3 hours ago, dmarabella13 said:

On another note, this happened to my 3 wood. no idea how. I swear I take good care of my clubs 

Luckily, with the help of customer service from Golf USA of Manhattan, got it sent to Titleist and a new one is already headed back to me. Also, I'm lucky I live in Southern California lol 

IMG_0941.jpg

Same thing happened to my reg TS3 15 deg after a years use but it was the top of the face. Titleist sent a new one but took 1.5 months mid summer in peak golf season.

Titleist ProV1x

Looking for info on comparison of TSi3 vs Mav SZ. I had the regular Mav and it launched super high and spun too much. Went to SZ and spin is good, but launch is lower than I'd like. I'm thinking TSi3 would be between the two edging closer to the SZ.

Callaway Epic Max LS 10.5* - Tour AD-DI 6x

Titleist TS3 16.5 -Tour AD-TP 7x

3- Taylormade P790 - Tour AD-DI 105x

4- Taylormade P770 - True Temper Monaco X

5-9 - Mizuno Yoro MP4 - True Temper Monaco X

46, 50, 54, 60 Vokey SM7 Raw - True Temper Monaco X and S

Taylormade MySpider Flow Neck/Odyssey Tri-Hot #3

TP5x

So I ordered a TSi3 in October with a Ventus Black shaft.. still waiting.  But the real catch is that I ordered a set of T100s in early September... still waiting... we're approaching four months.  I know supply chains are strained but four months seems excessive.  The irons were standard loft/lie... nothing special.

Driver: 10* Titleist TSi3 w/Ventus Black 6

4-Wood: 16.5* Titleist TSi2 w/Ventus Blue 8

7-Wood: 21* Titleist TSi2 w/Ventus Blue 8

Irons (3/4-P): Titleist T100 w/KBS Tour

Wedges (50*, 54*, 60*): Vokey SM8 w/KBS Tour

Putter: Scotty Cameron 

1 hour ago, swo83 said:

So I ordered a TSi3 in October with a Ventus Black shaft.. still waiting.  But the real catch is that I ordered a set of T100s in early September... still waiting... we're approaching four months.  I know supply chains are strained but four months seems excessive.  The irons were standard loft/lie... nothing special.

Oh man.  That sucks.  I ordered a set of t100-S in mid September and got them in 10 days.  What shafts did you order in your irons.  I imagine the Ventus black is holding up your driver- that shaft is hot right now.  I got my TSi3 in about 5 weeks, but that was with the AD XC.  I agree- the wait on your irons is ridiculous.

Callaway Epic Max LS 9* VA Comp Nemesys 65X
Titleist TS2 16.5* (set to 15.75*) FW Tensei AV Blue 75X
PXG 0317X Gen 2 19* Hybrid PX Evenflow Riptide 85H 6.5
PXG 0311X 4 Utility Iron Nippon Pro Modus 3 105S

Titleist T100-S 5-W(48*)Nippon Pro Modus 3 130S
Cobra King Black 52* Nippon Pro Modus 3 130S

Cobra King Black 58* Nippon Modus Wedge 115
Scotty Cameron Phantom X 12 Custom 34.5”

Absolutely correct on the Ventus Black.  I have KBS shafts in the irons.  DD keeps telling me that they’re having difficulty getting the heads.  Anyhow, I’m quoted a January ship for all.... we’ll see if that holds up... the ship date has been inching along and delayed every two weeks or so. 

Driver: 10* Titleist TSi3 w/Ventus Black 6

4-Wood: 16.5* Titleist TSi2 w/Ventus Blue 8

7-Wood: 21* Titleist TSi2 w/Ventus Blue 8

Irons (3/4-P): Titleist T100 w/KBS Tour

Wedges (50*, 54*, 60*): Vokey SM8 w/KBS Tour

Putter: Scotty Cameron 

Footjoy's IG just posted a photo of JT in Hawaii using the TSi3 and what looks like the Ventus Red. Wonder if he's using that same bomber setup Adam Scott was trying out.

D - Epic Speed | Ventus Blue 6X

3W - TSi2 | Tensei Raw Blue 7TX

3H - Apex Pro 21' | AD DI 8X

4U - X Forged UT 21' | MMT 105TX

5-PW - X Forged CB 21' | DG TI X100

50/55/60 - SM8 | DG TI S400

P - Phantom X 5.5/Special Select NP2

B - ProV1x '21

B - Hoofer

13 hours ago, kwainio said:

Footjoy's IG just posted a photo of JT in Hawaii using the TSi3 and what looks like the Ventus Red. Wonder if he's using that same bomber setup Adam Scott was trying out.

Good catch.  It looks like a Ventus, but I can't tell yet which profile.  The photo does make it look like it has a red tint.  

Edited by Bdmac79

TSi3/10/AD-IZ 6
TSi2/15/AD-DI 7 
TS2/19/AD-IZ 85
U500 4/PX EF White 100H
T100 5-9/PX LZ
SM8 Raw 46.10F-52.8F-56.8M-60T/PX LZ

SC NP2 Tour CT Custom
Pro V1x

35 minutes ago, Bdmac79 said:

Good catch.  It looks like a Ventus, but I can't tell yet which one profile.  The photo does make it look like it has a red tint.  

The low spin nature of the TSi3 with a higher launch Ventus Red sounds ridiculous - even though it launches higher than the Black or Blue, it doesn't necessarily sound like a high spin shaft.

• Like 1

Titleist TSi3 10* (at 9.25*) w/ Tour AD DI 6X (or Aldila X-Torsion Copper 60TX or Tensei AV Raw Blue 65TX)
Titleist TS2 15* w/ Tour AD MJ 8X
Titleist 915H 18* w/ Diamana S+ 90X
Titleist 716CB 3-P w/ DG AMT TI X100 SS'd
Vokey SM6 53.09*, 59.07* w/ DG TI S400
PING Anser Milled 0 35"

On 12/31/2020 at 5:05 PM, nDroid3 said:

I ordered mine just before thanksgiving through DD, with Tensei blue stock shafts...still hasn’t shown up either. Got the TSI3 driver and fairway...I was told to expect shipment in about two more weeks which puts it at right where you said in Mid- January. Totally bummed it’s taken this long. 

Wow, sorry to hear that. Seems odd that lots of local big box stores and pro shops (around where I live) currently have the TSi2 and TSi3’s in the featured shafts (Tensei AV blue and white, Smoke RDX, Kurokage, etc.) available for off the rack purchase. But lots of folks who pre-ordered are waiting abnormally a long time. Would think Titleist would prioritize the pre-orders otherwise what is the benefit of pre-order if you have to wait that long vs. going down to local pro shop or big box retailer for same head and shaft? 

1 hour ago, pdaero said:

The low spin nature of the TSi3 with a higher launch Ventus Red sounds ridiculous - even though it launches higher than the Black or Blue, it doesn't necessarily sound like a high spin shaft.

Have a red 9x , tipped 2” , I do not find it super high launch.   Very interesting shaft 

Edited by drbonesvt
  • Like 1

Driver 9* Titleist Tsi3 BLK 6x tipped 1”  45.5” C2 3w Tsi3 15* B1 Ventus Red 9x tipped 2" 43”2i 19.5* T-MB AD DI 105x (Tipped 2.5”)  Sans 2i R15 5w Fit on Pro 95XX (tipped 2.5”)Titleist MB 620 3-PW (47* PW) Tour Issue X100s (HSx1) lie angle 620mb std specs + .25 to .5” Vokey Wedge Works Sm8 D grind 54(@53*) bounce 12* | custom grind leading edge relief w/ Nippon 125 x + 1” lie angle 63* Sm8 K grind 58(@59*) low bounce 6* | custom grind heel relief w/ Nippon 125 x + 1” lie angle 63 | Bettinardi BB8 tri sole - 70* Lie angle 2* of loft Super Stroke GT 1.0
All woods & 2i hot melted, GP Tour Velvet . 580 Ping Hoofer 

9 minutes ago, drbonesvt said:

Have a red 9x , tipped 2” , I do not it super high launch.   Very interesting shaft 

Looks like VR 

7186DB90-A5AB-4AE2-94C2-88AFB6C46FE6.jpeg.3ce260daf722e9d380ae28d7420e88ec.jpeg

Driver 9* Titleist Tsi3 BLK 6x tipped 1”  45.5” C2 3w Tsi3 15* B1 Ventus Red 9x tipped 2" 43”2i 19.5* T-MB AD DI 105x (Tipped 2.5”)  Sans 2i R15 5w Fit on Pro 95XX (tipped 2.5”)Titleist MB 620 3-PW (47* PW) Tour Issue X100s (HSx1) lie angle 620mb std specs + .25 to .5” Vokey Wedge Works Sm8 D grind 54(@53*) bounce 12* | custom grind leading edge relief w/ Nippon 125 x + 1” lie angle 63* Sm8 K grind 58(@59*) low bounce 6* | custom grind heel relief w/ Nippon 125 x + 1” lie angle 63 | Bettinardi BB8 tri sole - 70* Lie angle 2* of loft Super Stroke GT 1.0

9 minutes ago, drbonesvt said:

Have a red 9x , tipped 2” , I do not it super high launch.   Very interesting shaft 

I totally know what you mean - I play a heavier weight 'soft' shaft in the GD MJ, and it's not whippy by any means but a wonderful fairway shaft for anyone who's ever tried it. The Red 9 was tour only, wasn't it? Pretty unique shaft for sure.

Titleist TSi3 10* (at 9.25*) w/ Tour AD DI 6X (or Aldila X-Torsion Copper 60TX or Tensei AV Raw Blue 65TX)
Titleist TS2 15* w/ Tour AD MJ 8X
Titleist 915H 18* w/ Diamana S+ 90X
Titleist 716CB 3-P w/ DG AMT TI X100 SS'd
Vokey SM6 53.09*, 59.07* w/ DG TI S400
PING Anser Milled 0 35"

1 minute ago, pdaero said:

I totally know what you mean - I play a heavier weight 'soft' shaft in the GD MJ, and it's not whippy by any means but a wonderful fairway shaft for anyone who's ever tried it. The Red 9 was tour only, wasn't it? Pretty unique shaft for sure.

9x VR yes , I do not know what the specs are , it’s like an ad di 9x tipped 2 , but lower launching 

25 minutes ago, J-Zone said:

LOL. Tipped 2” and not super high launch in a 9x. Bit of an oxymoron, no?

I have a 9x as well. I find it gets up in the air quick but then flattens out due to the spins staying in check. I would not call it low spin but it stays under control.

Driver: Titleist TSi3 Ventus blue 6x

3 wood: Titleist Tsi2 15 Ventus blue 7x

& Wood: Titleist TSi2 Ventus Red 9X
Taylormade Gapr low 2 ventus blue 9x
4-PW Cobra king forged CB KBS $ Taper 130 X flex
Wedges 50, 54, 60 Cleveland ZIPCORE
PUTTER; LAB DF2.1
BALL; Bridgestone BX, OR Taylomade TP5x PIX

2 hours ago, pdaero said:

I've not seen that the Tsi is lower spin... Faster ball speed, but not lower spin.  

Edited by bogeypro
Correction

Titleist TSI3 9*

Titleist TSI2 15*

Titleist TS2 18*

Mizuno MP20 HMB 3-pw

Mizuno T20 52 wedge

Mizuno T20 58 wedge

Mizuno M Craft 2 putter

4 hours ago, bogeypro said:

I've not seen that the Tsi is lower spin... Faster ball speed, but not lower spin.  

This is my experience as well. I wasn't fitted for my TSi3, but i'm usually around 9~9.5 loft usually and I have a go-to shaft. I had to lower my 9* to 8.25* and still might lower the track weight in hopes of dialing in my spin even further.

Edited by MB Dirtyy

http://www.golfwrx.com/406976/917-vs-915-results-from-the-ultimate-titleist-driver-fitting-experience/

• easyyy featured this topic
  • easyyy unfeatured this topic