Titleist TSi 2 & TSi 3 driver and 3 woods - 2020 Safeway Open

pga43

8 hours ago, J-Zone said:

LOL. Tipped 2” and not super high launch in a 9x. Bit of an oxymoron, no?

Ventus “purple “

• Like 1

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

3w Stealth 2 + 15* Ventus Red 9x tipped 2" 43”  

2i TMAG P790 2i Hzdus 100g X  

Titleist MB 620 3-PW (47* PW) PX 7.0 Std Length -2 flat from Titleist Spec 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

My Ventus Black 6S is working well for me 💪 💪 💪

In all seriousness, it is a very good shaft for me. It has some life to it and I can actually hit it both ways most of the time that I try which I like. Thinking of trying a Blue 7S or 8S for my 5 wood. Maybe a red....I dunno, I tend to not like the stiff handle, soft tip profiles. Probably unload/release it too early for that profile which either hooks or causes thin strikes in my experience. 

I got my 13.5 TSi2 fairway and I am not sold on it, I may not have the speed for it for anything beyond just off the tee anymore. It is pretty similar to my TS3 15, but noticeably less carry off the deck. Will tinker a bit more. Haven't played a 13.5 in a long time so it is fun to try. 

Ai Smoke ♦️♦️♦️ 9* Ventus TR Blue 6x

BRNR Mini 13.5 Kaili White 60x

TSR3 18* Ventus TR Red 7x
TSR3 24* IZ 95x
Ping Blueprint S 5-PW $-Taper 120

PING S159 50, 55, 60h 
Phantom X 7

2 hours ago, halfsumo said:

My Ventus Black 6S is working well for me 💪 💪 💪

In all seriousness, it is a very good shaft for me. It has some life to it and I can actually hit it both ways most of the time that I try which I like. Thinking of trying a Blue 7S or 8S for my 5 wood. Maybe a red....I dunno, I tend to not like the stiff handle, soft tip profiles. Probably unload/release it too early for that profile which either hooks or causes thin strikes in my experience. 

I got my 13.5 TSi2 fairway and I am not sold on it, I may not have the speed for it for anything beyond just off the tee anymore. It is pretty similar to my TS3 15, but noticeably less carry off the deck. Will tinker a bit more. Haven't played a 13.5 in a long time so it is fun to try. 

Is the Ventus that much stiffer than Tensei Pro White?  I see you play a 6S in Driver, but a TX in 3 wood

Callaway Paradym Triple 💎 10.5* Ventus Blue 6X/TR 6S
Titleist TSR2 16.5* (Set to 15.75*) Tour AD DI 7S
Titleist TSR2 18* Hybrid Tour AD IZ 85S
Titleist u505 4i (21*) Tour AD DI 95S

Srixon Zx7 MK II 5-PW, 51* AW - Modus 105S
Callaway Jaws 56*-Jaws Full Toe 60*-  DG 115 TI S200

Toulon Garage Custom Las Vegas H7 35”

Had a similar question as well.  What is your swing speed @halfsumo?  I was contemplating about trying the black but i think im right on the edge between S and X.  Was playing the blue 6x for awhile but like the tensei 65x better.  Wondering if I should try black ventus 6s tipped .5 or something... 

10 played at 9.25 TSI2 w/ Ventus Black 6x

16.5 degree TSI2 w/ Ventus Blue 7x

19 degree Sim Max Hybrid w/ Ventus Blue 8x/ZXU 3 Recoil 95 f5

ZXU 4 w/ Recoil 95 F5

5-p ZX7 Nippon Modus 120x 

SM8 52f/56S/60D 

Bettinardi Inovai 6.0, Sik Flo w/ LAGolf Shaft, Toulon Las Vegas, Special Select Newport 2 custom, Bettinardi Queen B 6

1 hour ago, BeyondVision said:

Had a similar question as well.  What is your swing speed @halfsumo?  I was contemplating about trying the black but i think im right on the edge between S and X.  Was playing the blue 6x for awhile but like the tensei 65x better.  Wondering if I should try black ventus 6s tipped .5 or something... 

I saw you mention the black so I figured I would chime in.  I have a Black 7s and it feels firmer than the AV Raw 65x that I have.  It is firmer(to me) but feels much better if that helps any.  Kind of strange because I did not like the Blue 6x I had but like the 7s much better. not sure why.

• Like 1

Titleist TSR4 8*  Ventus Black TR 6x
Titleist TSr3 13.5 Ventus Black TR 7x
Mizuno Pro 221 4-pw Modus 125x
Vokey SM9 52.08F 56.08M 60.04T
Scotty Newport Button Back or
Scotty Select 1/500 Newport Black Mist

5 minutes ago, FOOTJOY16 said:

I saw you mention the black so I figured I would chime in.  I have a Black 7s and it feels firmer than the AV Raw 65x that I have.  It is firmer(to me) but feels much better if that helps any.  Kind of strange because I did not like the Blue 6x I had but like the 7s much better. not sure why.

Thanks for the feedback.  That was exactly what I was wondering if I might like the black more...I didn't care for the blue 6x too much.  Would you say the 7s is harder to load than the 6x and did you tip it?  Any "feeling thoughts" between the two?  Looks like you moved to the RDX...only had a chance to hit a black RDX 6.0 in a tsi2 16.5 and it felt a little loose.  Probably needed the 6.5 

ZXU 4 w/ Recoil 95 F5

SM8 52f/56S/60D 

Bettinardi Inovai 6.0, Sik Flo w/ LAGolf Shaft, Toulon Las Vegas, Special Select Newport 2 custom, Bettinardi Queen B 6

I was fit for the 3 wood in TX, untipped, heaviest head weight, so it probably plays a bit softer than normal. I was not fit for the Ventus Black but was suggested Atmos Black TS in Stiff in my last fitting so I decided to gamble a bit and go Ventus Black 6S. I just wanted to give it a try. In Stiff, it definitely feels looser than the Tensei Pro White I had in my other driver in 60TX. I was just pretty sure Ventus Black in 6x would be too stiff for me. I am generally around 105-108 with a much shorter backswing than I used to have. I feel like maybe Finau but like 25 mph slower. I've had great success with a number of Fujikura shafts in Stiff (Evo II 757 stiff, Motore Speeder 7.2 TS stiff , Atmos Black TS 6s, Ventus Blue 6s) and for whatever reason alway have gone X or TX in Mitsubishi. For what it's worth, I like the Black over the Blue for driver so far. In general, I like the 70 gram Fuji's in Stiff flex. I think in the stouter profiles (Evo II, Evo IV, Ventus Line), the 70 gram versions are good option for people that are in between a stout stiif and softer X, if you like the extra weight. 

• Like 2

TSR3 24* IZ 95x

PING S159 50, 55, 60h 
Phantom X 7

Is the black 6s untipped? Probably worth a try untipped first

ZXU 4 w/ Recoil 95 F5

SM8 52f/56S/60D 

yes, un-tipped.  I think Fuji recommends not tipping their driver shafts, but there are people on here with way more knowledge on that stuff than me. This is also the first time I am playing a driver at 45.5" and the first time in a while that I am trying the lower spin version of a driver head with the TSi3. Previously had TS2 driver, G410 Plus and Standard Mavrik, and Mavrik Triple diamond with a super heavy weight in the back setting. That was another factor in going 6S. I thought that the softer flex might give me a touch more launch and spin. And of course the Velocore marketing, has me believing that the Ventus will help increase the effective MOI of the TSi3 so I won't be giving up much forgiveness. An expensive gamble for sure, but it seems to be working. 

TSR3 24* IZ 95x

PING S159 50, 55, 60h 
Phantom X 7

heard that too...think fuji had posted on not recommending to tip but I guess everyone does it anyway.  I kinda went the opposite way this year and opted for a more forgiving/higher MOI (TSI2).  Been doing well with the av raw white but wondering if the ventus would take it even a bit further with a bit softer flex.  Blue 6x may have been a bit stiff for me...I was not consistent unless I was on the driving range warmed up hitting a bunch of balls and getting my swing speed up.  I may try the 6s.  I also play at 44.5" so wondering if when they butt cut it, it messes up the balance of the shaft. 

I read somewhere that the av raw white's balance point is a bit lower to allow for people to play with shorter shafts...not sure if that is true or would actually make a significant difference. 

ZXU 4 w/ Recoil 95 F5

SM8 52f/56S/60D 

16 hours ago, BeyondVision said:

Thanks for the feedback.  That was exactly what I was wondering if I might like the black more...I didn't care for the blue 6x too much.  Would you say the 7s is harder to load than the 6x and did you tip it?  Any "feeling thoughts" between the two?  Looks like you moved to the RDX...only had a chance to hit a black RDX 6.0 in a tsi2 16.5 and it felt a little loose.  Probably needed the 6.5 

I didn't think the 7S was any harder to load at all.  It has not been tipped.. mainly bought to experiment with but I noticed right away it felt better than the blue 6X for some reason.  Just got the RDX this week but so far I really like it.  I'm on the edge of speed required for a TX but this felt more like a 6.5 to me.

I am interested to hear from those who have come from a 917 D3, what head you moved to in the tsi line and what loft you went from to what you got in the tsi?

• Like 1

917 D3 8.5 Xphlexx Agera Orange RF Proto
SLDR Mini 12 Evo Speeder TS 757x
SLDR Mini 15.8 Rogue Black 110 80TX
Srixon 765 4-6 PX LZ 6.0
Srixon 965 7-PW PX LZ 6.0
Mizuno T7 50 PX LZ 6.0
Vokey TVD 54V & 58V
Bettinardi Studio Stock 14 or Odyssey O-works 7

Well.... I went back and picked up the tsi3 9* with AD XC today.  As I've stated before, I didn't have any real gains over the ts3 performance wise (ball speed up, but slightly higher spin), but I just love the sound and look of the tsi3 so much.  It really gives me confidence.  Plus, I think with a little higher tee and I can knock some spin off.  That lower spin combined with the higher ball speed miiiiiight give me as few more yards.  Just in time for cold weather and winter mix for the next couple days.... 

PXG Black Ops Tour driver 

PXG g5 3 wood

PXG Black Ops 17* hybrid

TaylorMade Qi10 5 wood

TaylorMade P770 4-9 KBS Tour

TaylorMade MG4 46/52/58wedges

Bettinardi BB1 putter

15 minutes ago, bogeypro said:

Well.... I went back and picked up the tsi3 9* with AD XC today.  As I've stated before, I didn't have any real gains over the ts3 performance wise (ball speed up, but slightly higher spin), but I just love the sound and look of the tsi3 so much.  It really gives me confidence.  Plus, I think with a little higher tee and I can knock some spin off.  That lower spin combined with the higher ball speed miiiiiight give me as few more yards.  Just in time for cold weather and winter mix for the next couple days.... 

Swingweight the same as the TS3?

Have a ventus black 6s on the way coming in this weekend.  Will be interesting to see how it pairs with the TSi2.  Also got an adapter to throw on the ventus blue 6x.  Figured i might as well compare all of them together with the Tensei raw white.  

ZXU 4 w/ Recoil 95 F5

SM8 52f/56S/60D 

9 minutes ago, golffeen007 said:

Has anyone added forward hotmelt to see how what happens in the Tsi3?

That, combined with the faster ball speed, could literally rip the world apart.  🤪.  Seriously, that could be seriously long.  

Edited by bogeypro
Correction

PXG Black Ops Tour driver 

PXG g5 3 wood

PXG Black Ops 17* hybrid

TaylorMade Qi10 5 wood

TaylorMade P770 4-9 KBS Tour

TaylorMade MG4 46/52/58wedges

Bettinardi BB1 putter

Just now, bogeypro said:

That, combined with the faster ball speed, could literally to the world apart.  🤪.  Seriously, that could be seriously long.  

I added 4g to my TSi 15* and with my TSi3 driver playing D5 already , I've been little gun shy to add any yet. Still in the fiddle testing process , but may cut it down to 45" , throw on a midsize grip and add some melt. Guess I could always get a 2g weight in back and redistribute it forward too. 

2 hours ago, bogeypro said:

I’m finding that combo to be pretty darn low spin for me.  I got in a round today before the next storm rolls through. Very impressed with the forgiveness of the TSi3 as well. Temp at the beginning of my round was 34* and the end was 48*.  My miss with this combo tends to be a high floaty push fade. Only had a few real egregious misses today, but they still got out there and in play at 249 and 253yds. Everything else was in 270-295 range, with one coming in at 302. All in all, better than what I usually see at those temps.

I’m really liking the XC. It’s got a different feel than what I’m used to. Took me a range session and a round previous to this one to get it dialed in, but I really like it. It has a nice little kick just below the handle. The great thing is I don’t feel the need to time it as I do with some other GD shafts like the DI. I feel like I can just swing however hard I want to and the shaft will do the work. Every decent strike with this combo is either a straight ball, or a little cut. It seems to be a predominantly mid launch shaft for me. I really have no need for another shaft, but I really want a Ventus Red 6x, lol. Sigh...

Callaway Paradym Triple 💎 10.5* Ventus Blue 6X/TR 6S
Titleist TSR2 16.5* (Set to 15.75*) Tour AD DI 7S
Titleist TSR2 18* Hybrid Tour AD IZ 85S
Titleist u505 4i (21*) Tour AD DI 95S

Srixon Zx7 MK II 5-PW, 51* AW - Modus 105S
Callaway Jaws 56*-Jaws Full Toe 60*-  DG 115 TI S200

Toulon Garage Custom Las Vegas H7 35”

1 hour ago, BeyondVision said:

Have a ventus black 6s on the way coming in this weekend.  Will be interesting to see how it pairs with the TSi2.  Also got an adapter to throw on the ventus blue 6x.  Figured i might as well compare all of them together with the Tensei raw white.  

Curious to see how you like the Black 6S....

2 hours ago, bogeypro said:

I'm anxious to hear your thoughts on the XC.  I had one in my TSi3 8 when they first came out but didn't give it a fair shot ( I have no patience) and really wish I had given it some time.  Let us know how it works for you.

• Like 1

Anyone hit the TSI3 with both the XC and Ventus Blue? I was fit for the VB but still hesitant to spent that kind of coin in a driver...the GD shafts are slightly more palatable on the wallet. Seems like the XC would have similar characteristics and I could probably find someone to swap me for the Blue of it didn't work out. 

• easyyy featured this topic
23 hours ago, mojomover said:

Anyone who ordered a TSi3 with a Raw White facing delays? Placed an order at a local pro shop early Dec and the initial order said Jan 7th and now heard it is back ordered and is now expected only in First week of Feb. 2 month wait for a driver, with a stock shaft seems a bit crazy. 

I guess mine has finally shipped. Ordered 2nd week of December and it still says arriving on the 15th (Friday). Here's hoping.

Titleist TSi3 8º - LAGP DJ 65-6
Titleist TSi3 15º - LAGP TourAxs Blue 
Mizuno Pro 225 2i - C-TaperL
Mizuno Pro 245  5-GW C-Taper 
Mizuno T22  52º, 56º, 60º C-Taper

Scotty Special Select Newport 2 
Titleist Left Dash -ProV1x

15 minutes ago, The Mad Bomber said:

I guess mine has finally shipped. Ordered 2nd week of December and it still says arriving on the 15th (Friday). Here's hoping.

And literally 5 minutes after I post this, I get a message from my fitter that it's here. 

• Like 1

Titleist TSi3 8º - LAGP DJ 65-6
Titleist TSi3 15º - LAGP TourAxs Blue 
Mizuno Pro 225 2i - C-TaperL
Mizuno Pro 245  5-GW C-Taper 
Mizuno T22  52º, 56º, 60º C-Taper

Scotty Special Select Newport 2 
Titleist Left Dash -ProV1x

On 1/7/2021 at 8:56 PM, taoslcl said:

Anyone hit the TSI3 with both the XC and Ventus Blue? I was fit for the VB but still hesitant to spent that kind of coin in a driver...the GD shafts are slightly more palatable on the wallet. Seems like the XC would have similar characteristics and I could probably find someone to swap me for the Blue of it didn't work out. 

I have a Ventus Blue 6s and an AD XC 6x that I've been testing in my TSi3. I was fitted for a 10* head but just bought a 9* on a whim that came with the AD XC. I've got limited experience with the XC, but so far I really like it. It feels more "one piece" than the Ventus, but still really smooth. Feels great at impact also. The Ventus feels more lively (of course it is a S flex instead of X). The XC launches about a degree lower but spin profiles are very close between the two. 

Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5° | Ventus TR Blue 6s

Taylormade BRNR Mini 13.5° | Hzrdus Yellow 75 6.5

Callaway Apex UW 19° | Tour AD TP 7s

Callaway XR Pro 23° | Tour AD DI 95x
Maltby TS3/TS4 5-PW | Dynamic Gold S300
Cleveland RTX 6: 50° 56° 60° | KBS Tour Custom 120s Black 

L.A.B. DF 3 Counterbalance 37.5" | TPT Putter Shaft 

• easyyy unfeatured this topic