Titleist TSi 2 & TSi 3 driver and 3 woods - 2020 Safeway Open

30 minutes ago, coreyhr said:

I have a Ventus Blue 6s and an AD XC 6x that I've been testing in my TSi3. I was fitted for a 10* head but just bought a 9* on a whim that came with the AD XC. I've got limited experience with the XC, but so far I really like it. It feels more "one piece" than the Ventus, but still really smooth. Feels great at impact also. The Ventus feels more lively (of course it is a S flex instead of X). The XC launches about a degree lower but spin profiles are very close between the two. 

Thanks. Ended up canceling my Ventus order and going with a 10* head with an AD DI that on was the classifieds last week. Will try it out and if it doesn't work will probably find a Ventus to buy. My launch was at the edge of too low with the Ventus so thinking a little more launch from the DI will be a good thing for me but had some amazing results with dispersion with the Ventus to might be looking to trade in the near future. 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A guy goes to a Titleist fitting at their facility, gets fit into a stick by their expert. Goes home and changes the driver settings quite a bit (9.75* to 8.25*). He says he is hitting quality shots h

Not sure if this has been posted yet but the TSi4 has been released on the conforming list    

You know you have a problem when your local golf shop calls you on your cell to tell you that the rep is there with the new sticks and to come right away to hit it!! I got that call today that the Tit

Posted Images

35 minutes ago, coreyhr said:

I have a Ventus Blue 6s and an AD XC 6x that I've been testing in my TSi3. I was fitted for a 10* head but just bought a 9* on a whim that came with the AD XC. I've got limited experience with the XC, but so far I really like it. It feels more "one piece" than the Ventus, but still really smooth. Feels great at impact also. The Ventus feels more lively (of course it is a S flex instead of X). The XC launches about a degree lower but spin profiles are very close between the two. 

Also if your looking to unload the Blue 6s let me know and i'll probably say yes:) 

I was surprised how much I loved the AD IZ 6s in the TSi2. Back in the day I used a AD DI 6s in the 910 d2, but I’ve been on the Taylormade train since then. Picked up 3 mph ball speed vs my Sim Max.

I don’t remember seeing a whole lot on the IZ when it was released a couple of years ago... Great shaft.

Taylormade M1 9.5 Project X T1100 6.0<br /><br /> Callaway Rogue 15° Project X EvenFlow Blue 75 <br /><br /> Callaway Rogue 19°, 24° Project X EvenFlow Blue 85 <br /><br /> Mizuno MP-18 MMC Fli-Hi 5-6 & MMC 7-9 True Temper Dynamic Gold AMT X100 <br /><br /> SM7 Vokey 46.10F, 50.12F, 54.14F, 58.12D Tour White AMT S400 & Bettinardi Inovai 3.0

Has it been said in here that the TSi's do in fact come with a free wrench if it's requested? I was surprised to see it in the box today when I picked up my new driver because I heard through WRX that they don't send them but my fitter confirmed today that all you have to do is actually ask for one and Titleist will send one with the driver, free of charge. 

TSi3 8º - LAGP TOUR AXS BLU 70X
917F3 16.5º - Grafalloy blue X
T-MB 2 iron PX 7.0
Mizuno MP-5,  4-9 C-Taper 130
SM6 47º, 52º, 56º, 60 C-Taper
Scotty Special Select Newport 2 
Left Dash -ProV1x

Anyone have any experience with the heavier AV Raw Blue? I was supposed to get a White 75 X but they shipped a Blue 75 X. I don't really care because I had already bought the LAGP shaft, but what can a  guy expect from a heavier Raw Blue X profile?

TSi3 8º - LAGP TOUR AXS BLU 70X
917F3 16.5º - Grafalloy blue X
T-MB 2 iron PX 7.0
Mizuno MP-5,  4-9 C-Taper 130
SM6 47º, 52º, 56º, 60 C-Taper
Scotty Special Select Newport 2 
Left Dash -ProV1x

3 hours ago, The Mad Bomber said:

Has it been said in here that the TSi's do in fact come with a free wrench if it's requested? I was surprised to see it in the box today when I picked up my new driver because I heard through WRX that they don't send them but my fitter confirmed today that all you have to do is actually ask for one and Titleist will send one with the driver, free of charge. 

I think some people were getting a wrench and some weren't. I messaged Titleist requesting one after placing my order just to make sure I got one. 

• Like 1

Contents of bag subject to change...frequently 

8 hours ago, Ereim said:

I was surprised how much I loved the AD IZ 6s in the TSi2. Back in the day I used a AD DI 6s in the 910 d2, but I’ve been on the Taylormade train since then. Picked up 3 mph ball speed vs my Sim Max.

I don’t remember seeing a whole lot on the IZ when it was released a couple of years ago... Great shaft.

I would second this. I was fitted into the iz7 in the tsi2 3 wood. It’s a lovely shaft - plenty of launch and not prone to go left. I hadn’t really ever noticed it in their offering, but it’s distinct in feel from the ubiquitous DI, which was fit for me in the tsi3 driver.

first time I’ve ever tried DI in a driver and it works for me. It was interesting to see Matt at txg struggle with the 6x, I did wonder if Ian would try the 7x (as he did then with Ventus). Perhaps they didn't have that on the wall. 

I think the driver market is in a really interesting place: I came from a ping g400lst. Picked up ball speed, and spin - it seems to me that some manufacturers are coming back from launch monitor spin optimisation to something which is going to narrow dispersion which let’s face it makes a big difference to scores. 

I like watching the big boys hammer it on the telly, but let’s face it they’ve got ball spotters everywhere. 

on my narrow, trouble-lined course, recoveries and penalties carry too high a price. I’m not convinced the strokes gained stats (off the tee, at least) that everyone holds onto translate terribly well into the amateur game. 

I'll eat crow now..  I originally didn't think the tsi3;was worth upgrading over the ts3.  I'm glad in went ahead and took the plunge.  I was fit into the tsi3, 9 degree, ad xc 6s.

I finally got the tsi3 on course today.  Wow... It's really is awesome.  I think it'll go down an the best titleist has made.  

It was really windy, but I had no problem working it around the course... shaping left to right it right to left, high or low.  Just a great well balanced driver. 

• Like 4

Titleist TSi3 9* driver

Titleist TS2 3 wood

Titleist TS3 21* hybrid

Mizuno MP20 MMC 4-pw

Vokey sm8 52/8F, 56/12d, 60/12d

Scotty Cameron futura 5.5m

Finally received the TSi3 5W I ordered back on Christmas day.  Was shocked to see that it's an inch shorter than my Callaway Epic Flash SZ 5W.  Hit some balls with it on my SkyTrak, sound and feel are very muted and a nice solid thwack.  Distance seems to be comparable but need some more sessions to truly know for sure.  Not sure about shorter shaft length at this point...just seems odd that there's that much difference. 

Edited by PowerCobra98

Titleist TSi3 11*

Callaway Epic Flash SZ FW 18*

Callaway Mavrik Pro 3H

Callaway X Forged UT 4-7

Callaway X Forged CB 8-9

Callaway MD5 43*, 48*, 54*, 60*

28 minutes ago, PowerCobra98 said:

Finally received the TSi3 5W I ordered back on Christmas day.  Was shocked to see that it's an inch shorter than my Callaway Epic Flash SZ 5W.  Hit some balls with it on my SkyTrak, sound and feel are very muted and a nice solid thwack.  Distance seems to be comparable but need some more sessions to truly know for sure.  Not sure about shorter shaft length at this point...just seems odd that there's that much difference. 

Through a fitting I am a recent convert to the driver 5w setup. If you are not chasing a few extra yards, the TSi 5 will hopefully find a few more fairways playing an inch shorter. 

100% agree on sound and feel. Whatever they did in this line is very appealing vs. the competition. 

• Like 2

Titleist TSi3 9.25*  HZRDUS Smoke Green 6.5tx 
Titleist TSi3 5W 18* Tensei AV Raw White- x
Srixon Z 745 (4-pw) KBS tour-x
Mizuno T20 51* 54* 60* TT x-100
Callaway PM Grind 64*
SC Studio Design no. 2
Pro V1

1 hour ago, t91 said:

I hit both in a fitting last week, including the new ping and taylormade. The epic seemed pretty hot but not as consistent as the tsi3 accuracy wise for me.

same shaft? what is your current driver? i have the Rogue driver and had the titleist before that so was curious, thanks

Callaway Rogue Driver Oban Tour Blue 65 
Callaway Epic Oban Kiyoshi Gold 75
Titleist 919H  Fujikura Atmos Tour Blue 85

Srixon 765 Irons Nippon Tour Modus 105
Callaway MD3 wedges Nippon Modus 115
Bettinardi Queen Bee #6 putter
Callaway Chrome Soft X Ball

🇱🇷

My 15* fairway wood came in over the weekend. All standard specs. My jaw is still on the floor in relation to the ball speed it's giving me. It's almost too fast, creeping up near my TSi3 driver ball speed. I've attached a picture showing how close the ball speed is on my simulator. This thing sounds and feels amazing also. I will add that the fastest ball speed I had seen with a fairway wood up until this point was 149 mph with the Mavrik SZ 13.5*.

IMG_9751.jpg.394cd246b8970febaf7de0fc510063f4.jpg

Edited by coreyhr

Titleist TSi3 9* - Tour AD XC 6x
Titleist TSi3 15* - Tour AD IZ 7x
Callaway XR Pro TC 18* Hybrid - Tour AD DI 95x
Callaway XR Pro TC 23* Hybrid - Tour AD DI 95x

Maltby TS-1 5 iron - KBS Tour 120s

Srixon Z745 6-PW - KBS Tour 120s
Titleist Vokey SM6 50*
Scratch 56* & 60* - Black KBS Tour Custom

Spider Tour Red 

3 hours ago, coreyhr said:

My 15* fairway wood came in over the weekend. All standard specs. My jaw is still on the floor in relation to the ball speed it's giving me. It's almost too fast, creeping up near my TSi3 driver ball speed. I've attached a picture showing how close the ball speed is on my simulator. This thing sounds and feels amazing also. I will add that the fastest ball speed I had seen with a fairway wood up until this point was 149 mph with the Mavrik SZ 13.5*.

IMG_9751.jpg.394cd246b8970febaf7de0fc510063f4.jpg

Loooove my TSi3 fairway. And in my case, I enjoy the extra ballspeed because my G410 2 hybrid was about as long as my previous fairway (915F) so it was welcome improvement.

http://www.golfwrx.com/406976/917-vs-915-results-from-the-ultimate-titleist-driver-fitting-experience/

On 1/14/2021 at 7:10 PM, bogeypro said:

I'll eat crow now..  I originally didn't think the tsi3;was worth upgrading over the ts3.  I'm glad in went ahead and took the plunge.  I was fit into the tsi3, 9 degree, ad xc 6s.

I finally got the tsi3 on course today.  Wow... It's really is awesome.  I think it'll go down an the best titleist has made.  

It was really windy, but I had no problem working it around the course... shaping left to right it right to left, high or low.  Just a great well balanced driver. 

Good to hear, I felt the same about the TSi2 I was fit into.  Fitting was great but when I got my own, I could not hit it on the course....  I have done some messing around with it, different settings and some shaft ho'ing and landed on a VS Proto 60x.  Last time out, this driver was an absolute beast.  My buddy could not believe the distance I was getting out of it.  I will agree, I do think these are Titleist's best to date, ball speeds are FAST.

• Like 2

PXG 0811 XF Gen 2 Tour AD IZ7s

Srixon F85 15*  Aldila Rogue silver 70s

PXG 0311X DI 4, 20.5* UST Proforce V2 80s

Srixon Z785 4-P Modus 120 S

Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 52/12, 56/12, 60/8

Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

Snell MTB black

29 minutes ago, Nixhex524 said:

Good to hear, I felt the same about the TSi2 I was fit into.  Fitting was great but when I got my own, I could not hit it on the course....  I have done some messing around with it, different settings and some shaft ho'ing and landed on a VS Proto 60x.  Last time out, this driver was an absolute beast.  My buddy could not believe the distance I was getting out of it.  I will agree, I do think these are Titleist's best to date, ball speeds are FAST.

I've had the TSi3 for a few months now and did some shaft ho'ing before settling on the Aldila RIPx TX, which seemed to work best for what I was looking ,  but I just built it up with a Ventus Blue 7x this morning and the head came to life for me. Pretty stoked to get it on the LM this week to see what these numbers are.  

• Like 2
On 1/16/2021 at 6:22 AM, getair23 said:

Through a fitting I am a recent convert to the driver 5w setup. If you are not chasing a few extra yards, the TSi 5 will hopefully find a few more fairways playing an inch shorter. 

100% agree on sound and feel. Whatever they did in this line is very appealing vs. the competition. 

I found a sweet spot distance and ball flight with the TSi3 16.5 3/4 wood. I also picked up a 7 wood that I put to the lowest setting and it is just point and shoot easy.

• Like 2

Driver: Titleist TSi3 Ventus blue 7X

3 wood: Titleist Tsi3 16.5 Haz RDX black 70 X flex

& Wood: Titleist TSi2 Ventus Red 9X
Taylormade Gapr low 2 ventus blue 9x
4-PW Cobra king forged CB KBS $ Taper 130 X flex
Wedges 50, 54, 60 Cleveland ZIPCORE
PUTTER; Kronos release long neck
BALL; Bridgestone BX, OR Taylomade TP5x PIX

5 minutes ago, QuigleyDU said:

I found a sweet spot distance and ball flight with the TSi3 16.5 3/4 wood. I also picked up a 7 wood that I put to the lowest setting and it is just point and shoot easy.

I love that set up.  If I wasn't so attached (unwilling to practice more shots with my 60* instead of going out to play) to always having a 64* in the bag I would go back to 3/4 wood and 7w.  Love the look on people faces when they asked what you hit and the reply is 7 wood.  

Hopefully 5 wood fills the gap for now. 

• Like 1

Titleist TSi3 9.25*  HZRDUS Smoke Green 6.5tx 
Titleist TSi3 5W 18* Tensei AV Raw White- x
Srixon Z 745 (4-pw) KBS tour-x
Mizuno T20 51* 54* 60* TT x-100
Callaway PM Grind 64*
SC Studio Design no. 2
Pro V1

On 1/13/2021 at 5:19 PM, Ereim said:

It is a great shaft, I think it often gets overlooked because it produces numbers so similar to AD-DI and most people prefer the feel of that shaft to the IZ. Both fantastic options if the numbers fit you. Went with AD-IZ in the driver and transferred a DI from an older head into my 3 wood.  

2 hours ago, mjmurphy said:

Anyone been able to find a good place to order weights for the tsi3 driver? 

and the TSi2 driver, too ...

Titleist TSi2 11° - Ventus Velo Red 5R

Titleist TS2 18° - Ventus Velo Red 6R

Titleist 818H1 21° - AD HY 75R

Titleist 818H1 25° - AD HY 75R

TaylorMade 2020.P770 5-PW - NS Pro 850GH S

Vokey SM7 50.08 F, 54.10 S, 58.08 F - NS Pro 950GH R

Scotty Cameron Special Select Fastback 1.5

Titleist ProV1

13 hours ago, mjmurphy said:

Anyone been able to find a good place to order weights for the tsi3 driver? 

My club pro said he could order through their Titleist account.

• Like 1

Taylormade M1 9.5 Project X T1100 6.0<br /><br /> Callaway Rogue 15° Project X EvenFlow Blue 75 <br /><br /> Callaway Rogue 19°, 24° Project X EvenFlow Blue 85 <br /><br /> Mizuno MP-18 MMC Fli-Hi 5-6 & MMC 7-9 True Temper Dynamic Gold AMT X100 <br /><br /> SM7 Vokey 46.10F, 50.12F, 54.14F, 58.12D Tour White AMT S400 & Bettinardi Inovai 3.0

• easyyy unfeatured this topic