Titleist TSi 2 & TSi 3 driver and 3 woods - 2020 Safeway Open

It obviously wasn’t the overall winner in the test, but I think that looking at the results in the MGS driver test, it actually comes out a winner in its own way. Ball speed at the top of the pack, effectively no less overall carry distance than the 3 in front of it, and all numbers at a lower swing speed than most who will be looking to game the club will have

Based on anecdotal experience, I feel like its forgiveness rankings will increase in the higher swing speed test, but the fact that its ball speed is up with everyone else at the lower speeds is promising

Most importantly, this probably puts the final nail in the coffin for the whole “titleist cannot make fast drivers” thing

• Like 4
  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A guy goes to a Titleist fitting at their facility, gets fit into a stick by their expert. Goes home and changes the driver settings quite a bit (9.75* to 8.25*). He says he is hitting quality shots h

Not sure if this has been posted yet but the TSi4 has been released on the conforming list    

You know you have a problem when your local golf shop calls you on your cell to tell you that the rep is there with the new sticks and to come right away to hit it!! I got that call today that the Tit

Posted Images

On 2/18/2021 at 4:37 PM, steventoo said:

So I had a fitting for a TSi driver today. I have a TS2 with EvenFlow white which I love, but I won a new TSi driver in a raffle at my club, sooooo I got fitted.

After the fitting I’m upgrading my 9.5 degree TS2 with 68/6.5 EvenFlow white to a 9 degree TSi3 with RDX Black 60/6.5. I was not expecting this - I hated the HZRDS Smoke Black and I’m not playing much (and my back, and my motivation, and and and) so was thinking a TSi2 with Ventus Blue 6X would do the job. I tried all of the stock and upcharge offerings in a similar weight/flex range, and a Ventus Blue 7X. I loved the feel of all of the Graphite Design shafts but struggled to keep spin down. The Ventus didn't work for me - too spinny, but there wasn't a Black available to try and I didn't like the feel much anyway. The RDX Black felt amazing.

And the TSi3 with RDX Black gave me great numbers. I tried it toward the end of the fitting and was struggling with my back but I managed 170mph ball speed at 2200RPM, and it felt really good, straight was automatic, there’s room to get the ball speed up, and I could even fade the ball! Great success 😀

I picked my new driver up yesterday and immediately took it on course to play in the 9 hole summer twilight competition. It was a windy day and somehow all holes with driver tee shots (four of the 9) were into or across the wind. I managed two 250m drives into the wind - they didn't balloon or deviate too wildly offline - and two 275m drives with a cross-wind, and missed one fairway which funnels the ball sideways at that range. Not my longest drives of late but definitely the most certain. They all started off slightly right and drew back to my aim point. I'm very impressed.

I ended up winning the competition, which is kinda cool. I didn't need to worry about the big left miss and the TSi3/RDX Black combination still felt fantastic. I was worried that I got fitted on a day where my back was behaving, but it wasn't behaving yesterday and it still worked well for me. Success!

• Like 3

Titleist TSi3 9* | HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 60/6.5

Titleist U510 16* | Ventus Blue VeloCore 9X

Titleist T100 3-PW | KBS Tour 120S

Callaway Jaws MD5 52 | KBS Tour 120S

Callaway PM Grind 58* & 64* | KBS Hi-Rev 2.0

Evnroll ER2B / 370G / Gravity Grip

• 2 weeks later...

After testing, I went with a TSI2 3 wood, HZRDUS RDX Black. I need a three wood off the ground into par 5’s, there are no tee balls at my club that I use 3 wood on. My first impressions are that it’s really easy to hit off the ground. Sound/feel is understated and muted. The first couple it really didn’t have that “scream off the face” feel but it’s as long as any out there. My Arccos confirms the distances are really good. I like the head shape too. 

Cobra Rad Speed Peacoat 9°, HZRDUS RDX Blue 6s
Titleist TSI2 15°, HZRDUS RDX Black 7s
Callaway XR Pro 20°, Project X LZ s

Srixon ZX5 4 iron , KBS TGI 95
Srixon ZZ7 5-PW, KBS TGI 95 
Ping Glide 3.0 50° & 56° SS, 60° TS, KBS TGI 95 
Ping Ketsch Armlock, BGT Stability

I love the TSi line.

• Like 3

Driver: Titleist TSi3 Ventus blue 6x

3 wood: Titleist Tsi2 15 Ventus blue 7x

& Wood: Titleist TSi2 Ventus Red 9X
Taylormade Gapr low 2 ventus blue 9x
4-PW Cobra king forged CB KBS $ Taper 130 X flex
Wedges 50, 54, 60 Cleveland ZIPCORE
PUTTER; LAB DF2.1
BALL; Bridgestone BX, OR Taylomade TP5x PIX

7 minutes ago, golffeen007 said:

I wanted to love it , but for whatever reason , I couldn’t get along with the TSi3 fairway. The driver is securely in the bag though. 

I didn’t care for the TSi3 fairway either, however the TSi2 are phenomenal. Give them a shot if you haven’t. 

• Like 1

TSi3 9* / Ventus Black 6x

TSi3 13.5* / Ventus Red 9x

TSi3 19* / Ventus Black HB 10tx

T100•s 4-P / Dynamic Gold X7

SM8 50, 54, 58 / Dynamic TI X100

620 / MC X-Firm

WITB Thread

9 hours ago, MPAndreassi said:

I didn’t care for the TSi3 fairway either, however the TSi2 are phenomenal. Give them a shot if you haven’t. 

I might have to try the the 2 , but ended up going with the ST-z 15. The 2 versions have always spun up a little more than I wanted , so didn’t even look that way. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, pdaero said:

Just played my TSi3 driver for the first time yesterday - have to get used to the weighting, feel, and different shaft, but when I make a good swing it just goes and goes. Wow! Haven't had that many drives over 300 in a long time.

I’d imagine the TSi3 is a big improvement over the 917.  I could never get the 917 line to work for me. Love the Tsi line.  I’ve got a 9* TSi3 head and an 8* TSi2 head.  I can’t decide which one I like more.

Callaway Epic Max LS 9* VA Comp Nemesys 65X
Titleist TS2 16.5* (set to 15.75*) FW Tensei AV Blue 75X
PXG 0317X Gen 2 19* Hybrid PX Evenflow Riptide 85H 6.5
PXG 0311X 4 Utility Iron Nippon Pro Modus 3 105S

Titleist T100-S 5-W(48*)Nippon Pro Modus 3 130S
Cobra King Black 52* Nippon Pro Modus 3 130S

Cobra King Black 58* Nippon Modus Wedge 115
Scotty Cameron Phantom X 12 Custom 34.5”

Anyone have any suggestions for trying to straighten out a hook with the TSi3 driver? Working through some swing changes now to fix it and my irons are taking well to the changes but driver still having big left misses. Trackman shows me doing well with swing plane at 3-4 deg right but still closing the club face way too much on my misses. 

Right now on A1 with the slider at T1. Should I try T2 and a more open face? Seems that's the suggestion but won't more weight in the toe close the face faster? 

I'm committed to the process of building my swing right now but yesterday was almost no fun as I found like 3 fairways all day. When I do get the right swing on this driver I love it so still very excited to have it in the bag. 

10 hours ago, mojomover said:

Has anyone tried the Tsi2 7 wood?

My 21* is due in next week.  I'll update as soon as I'm able to play it.

I picked up the TSi2 15* w/RDX Black 70 back in January- first Titleist FW I've had in the bag in a very very long time.  In a product line I've always gravitated towards the "Tour" heads(lower launch/spin offering) in a 3-wood.  Typically the 3-wood is a strength for me off the tee, don't have much need for it off the fairway on the courses I play, which works out well because a fairway wood off the deck has always been a weakness.  By default I would have picked the TSi3 based on looks and spin rates.  BUT I can't be any happier with the TSi2- its been extremely consistent off the tee, hits the right launch window repeatedly.  The biggest upside is that its become a weapon off the fairway as well, perfect launch, carries the same number consistently.  Is super early in the season but its already become one of my favorite clubs for the year.  I even tried to fit something else to see if I could beat it and the only thing we changed was the swing weight- which made it even more consistent.  Love it, really hoping the 7-wood will do the same

IG: instagram.com/launchedgolf

SIM2  9.5* Ventus Black 60 X (Project X HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5TX-Hulk)

TSi2 15* RDX Smoke Black 70 6.5
TSi2 21* Hulk 80TX
'21 X-Forged UT 4, MMT 105TX
'21 X-Forged 5-PW
MG2 50*

Jaws Raw 56/12X,  60/8T
Odyssey Ten 2-Ball Arm Lock(its an experiment)

10 hours ago, taoslcl said:

Anyone have any suggestions for trying to straighten out a hook with the TSi3 driver? Working through some swing changes now to fix it and my irons are taking well to the changes but driver still having big left misses. Trackman shows me doing well with swing plane at 3-4 deg right but still closing the club face way too much on my misses. 

Right now on A1 with the slider at T1. Should I try T2 and a more open face? Seems that's the suggestion but won't more weight in the toe close the face faster? 

I'm committed to the process of building my swing right now but yesterday was almost no fun as I found like 3 fairways all day. When I do get the right swing on this driver I love it so still very excited to have it in the bag. 

Try the B1 setting first and keep the weight at T1.  Are you coming 3-4* from the inside?   I've been there as well - I've been working on trying to zero out my inside-to-out path which has allowed me to reduce the two-way miss (hooks and big blocks to the right).   

TSi3/10/AD-IZ 6
TSi2/15/AD-DI 7 
TS2/19/AD-IZ 85
T200 4-T100 5-P/PX LZ
SM8 52.8F-56.8M-60T/PX LZ

SC NP2 Tour CT Custom
Pro V1x

Agree with the sentiments that tsi3 is the best driver I’ve played.  However, it does tend to launch pretty high, so one could probably loft down and still be fine.  I was a little intimidated by the 8 degree head, but I think it would have been good.  Very happy with the 9 though.

Tsi3 9 with Whiteboard 73 stiff
Titleist 910f 15 diamana whiteboard 83 stiff

titleist 818h2 with atmos stiff
titleist 710 mb 4-pw
Vokey 52,56
Lajosi dd201

13 hours ago, mojomover said:

Currently going back and forth with Will Peoples on a TSi2 7 wood build. really excited!

• Like 1

Titleist TSi2 10 w/ Ventus Red 6x

SIM2 Ti 3 Wood @ 16.5 w/ LAGP Tour AXS Blue 70x

Titleist TSi2 7 Wood @ 20.25 w/ Tour AD DI 8x

PXG 0311x Gen2 3 Iron w/ Tour AD DI 85x  

New Level 4995HB 21 w/ Tour AD DI 85x 

Srixon ZX7 5-AW w/ KBS $ Taper 130x

Edel SMS 56, 60 w/ KBS Hi Rev 2.0 125s

SIK Flo & Pro w/ LAGP TPZ 135

12 hours ago, taoslcl said:

get the Ping G425 max.....almost impossible to hook

otherwise continue to work on your swing.  settings cant fix big hooks

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Bdmac79 said:

Try the B1 setting first and keep the weight at T1.  Are you coming 3-4* from the inside?   I've been there as well - I've been working on trying to zero out my inside-to-out path which has allowed me to reduce the two-way miss (hooks and big blocks to the right).   

Thanks, I havent tried B1 yet. Yeah, when I started I was 10-12 deg L with a 10-12 deg closed club face and hitting pretty straight. Now I'm 3-4 inside with a sometimes 10 deg closed face. working really hard to keep that face open through impact. Fixed half of it so far! 

29 minutes ago, Gatorgolf04 said:

Is everyone still waiting for their TSi woods that ordered the TX Tensei Blue? I know someone stated sometime in march before that combo would ship, but it's now officially mid-march and I was hoping to see some shipping details. 

I just got mine on Friday, it came in less than 2 weeks.

• Like 1

D - Epic Speed | Ventus Blue 6X

3W - TSi2 | Tensei Raw Blue 7TX

3H - Apex Pro 21' | AD DI 8X

4U - X Forged UT 21' | MMT 105TX

5-PW - X Forged CB 21' | DG TI X100

50/55/60 - SM8 | DG TI S400

P - Phantom X 5.5/Special Select NP2

B - ProV1x '21

B - Hoofer

19 hours ago, Hookasaurus Rex said:

I’d imagine the TSi3 is a big improvement over the 917.  I could never get the 917 line to work for me. Love the Tsi line.  I’ve got a 9* TSi3 head and an 8* TSi2 head.  I can’t decide which one I like more.

Jason, it really is! I feel like it's hotter off the face - only one round in, and I was hitting it places I've never hit it on a course I've played a good bit. I'm really glad I got the 10* TSi3 - I wouldn't be able to spin the 9* enough, and I didn't get the lowest-spinning shaft in the AV Raw Blue (albeit lower spinning in the TX). The sound and feel is otherworldly in this thing.

Titleist TSi3 10* (at 9.25*) w/ Tour AD DI 6X (or Aldila X-Torsion Copper 60TX or Tensei AV Raw Blue 65TX)
Titleist TS2 15* w/ Tour AD MJ 8X
Titleist 915H 18* w/ Diamana S+ 90X
Titleist 716CB 3-P w/ DG AMT TI X100 SS'd
Vokey SM6 53.09*, 59.07* w/ DG TI S400
PING Anser Milled 0 35"

45 minutes ago, Gatorgolf04 said:

Is everyone still waiting for their TSi woods that ordered the TX Tensei Blue? I know someone stated sometime in march before that combo would ship, but it's now officially mid-march and I was hoping to see some shipping details. 

Email whomever you ordered it from.  Sometimes it's just the grip that can hold up the entire order.  That's what happened on mine, wish I had known that when I placed the order I would have just changed the grip out on my own and saved myself about 3 weeks of waiting.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, pdaero said:

Jason, it really is! I feel like it's hotter off the face - only one round in, and I was hitting it places I've never hit it on a course I've played a good bit. I'm really glad I got the 10* TSi3 - I wouldn't be able to spin the 9* enough, and I didn't get the lowest-spinning shaft in the AV Raw Blue (albeit lower spinning in the TX). The sound and feel is otherworldly in this thing.

Any feedback on the raw blue tx ?  I am thinking of ordering the same combo tsi3 10* / raw blue tx.  I have tried the raw blue x , but since the tx is no additional cost I was thinking of going that route - haven’t been able to test the tx .  

1 hour ago, jpaul155 said:

Any feedback on the raw blue tx ?  I am thinking of ordering the same combo tsi3 10* / raw blue tx.  I have tried the raw blue x , but since the tx is no additional cost I was thinking of going that route - haven’t been able to test the tx .  

I love it - it's a smooth feeling shaft, but the tip is strengthened and I feel like I can get adequate spin without the ball  hooking on me. I have had an Aldila TX shaft, so felt comfortable going in this direction for quality of materials and a touch more spin than my previous shaft. 

Titleist TSi3 10* (at 9.25*) w/ Tour AD DI 6X (or Aldila X-Torsion Copper 60TX or Tensei AV Raw Blue 65TX)
Titleist TS2 15* w/ Tour AD MJ 8X
Titleist 915H 18* w/ Diamana S+ 90X
Titleist 716CB 3-P w/ DG AMT TI X100 SS'd
Vokey SM6 53.09*, 59.07* w/ DG TI S400
PING Anser Milled 0 35"

On 3/14/2021 at 7:47 PM, mojomover said:

I have one in my bag. Love it.

Driver: Titleist TSi3 Ventus blue 6x

3 wood: Titleist Tsi2 15 Ventus blue 7x

& Wood: Titleist TSi2 Ventus Red 9X
Taylormade Gapr low 2 ventus blue 9x
4-PW Cobra king forged CB KBS $ Taper 130 X flex
Wedges 50, 54, 60 Cleveland ZIPCORE
PUTTER; LAB DF2.1
BALL; Bridgestone BX, OR Taylomade TP5x PIX

Anyone able to compare a Ventus 8x in the TSi3 fairway vs the Tensei White AV 75x that came with it?  

Titleist TSi3 with Fuji Ventus Blue 6x 
Titleist TSi3 with Fuji Ventus Blue 8x
Adams Tour Issue Peanut 18* Hybrid with Matrix Code 8 
Miura MB101 (4-PW) with KBS Black $ Taper (130x)
Vokey SM8 Black Wedges- 50F, 54S, & 58D with KBS Black $ Taper 
Taylormade Spider X Center Shaft (Chalk)

28 minutes ago, pearls24 said:

Anyone able to compare a Ventus 8x in the TSi3 fairway vs the Tensei White AV 75x that came with it?  

No....But I can say the TSi2 with Ventus Red 8X is the dogs balls.

• Like 1

Epic Max LS Tensei 1K 60TX
Titleist TSi2 15* Tensei AVW 75X

Titleist TSi2 18* Tensei PW 80TX

MP-20 HMB 3-PW Elevate Tour
JAWS MD5 50*, 54*, 58*
LAB Directed Force 2.1 W/Stability Tour