Miracle Swing Experience( former My Swing Evolution) is a Charlatan!

On 12/8/2021 at 9:51 AM, tgreenwood11 said:

Look, Mr. Hogan was extremely flexible in his prime.  He could bend his thumb into his forearm.  Lag anyone?  He was a freak.   You can't use any of his "secrets" other than practicing your butt off with your swing.

Where did you see or read he could bend his thumb into his forearm? 

It’s difficult to watch. His swing was at its best in 2014 about 4 years into his evolution where I was really happy for his progress and watching him and before he claimed to have found the secret. Here he is so late trying to hold off that he just massively jumps, humps and extends early with the handle super high at impact. Regressing and makes me sad to watch. Golf is so hard and frustrating for so many. He needs to get the club coming down earlier on plane. Almost think early release as opposed to lag and he would improve massively. Not getting any of my money that’s for sure. Malaska could fix him easily. 

• Like 3

TaylorMade Mini Driver 11.5

Callaway Epic 3 wood

Sub 70 5 wood

Titleist U510 22*

Mizuno JPX 919 Forged 5-PW

Mizuno S18 Wedges

Ping Kinloch C Putter

On 12/8/2021 at 5:51 AM, tgreenwood11 said:

Look, Mr. Hogan was extremely flexible in his prime.  He could bend his thumb into his forearm.  Lag anyone?  He was a freak.   You can't use any of his "secrets" other than practicing your butt off with your swing.

Wait what? So you're saying Hogan's secret was that he was Gumby? Hmm... of to pilates I go!☺️

On 12/10/2021 at 11:27 PM, Starched said:

It’s difficult to watch. His swing was at its best in 2014 about 4 years into his evolution where I was really happy for his progress and watching him and before he claimed to have found the secret. Here he is so late trying to hold off that he just massively jumps, humps and extends early with the handle super high at impact. Regressing and makes me sad to watch. Golf is so hard and frustrating for so many. He needs to get the club coming down earlier on plane. Almost think early release as opposed to lag and he would improve massively. Not getting any of my money that’s for sure. Malaska could fix him easily. 

He should rename his channel to "My Swing Experimentation" and just call it a day. And that would get me to re-subscribe. Real talk!

• Like 2

On 12/17/2021 at 4:20 PM, powerfade66 said:

He’s “Mr Hogan Reincarnated” now. 

6675F074-721B-4369-86E5-98DCB0BCBBEA.jpeg.4bd86d31f4fc52ce328825a25f1f5ba3.jpeg

Whoever wrote(or got paid to write) that statement is either clueless or just lacks integrity. But not unexpected when it comes to MSE. He has always been shameless in his self-promotions so why stop now.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

He claims he can’t rotate due to injury which is hogwash. He early extends because he doesn’t swing the club correctly (throws hands at ball like most hacks) and really has no idea what he’s doing.  As a marketer he is great and as PT Barnum said …..well you know. That said he’s fun to watch because I know better. I also like watching train wreck and plane crash videos on YouTube as well, so I appreciate his content. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Callaway Epic 3 wood

Sub 70 5 wood

Titleist U510 22*

Mizuno S18 Wedges

Ping Kinloch C Putter

On 1/22/2022 at 1:27 AM, teddyironboy said:

spacer.png

I know nothing about this guy so this is probably a dumb question, but I didn't want to wade through 9 pages of falderol. I assume he has a youtube channel and such.

Do people pay this guy to teach them to "swing like Hogan"?

If so, he should probably be arrested for impersonating a golf swing.

Correct. He has anointed himself as the Hogan guru and authority over the last 10 years by going from a 12 handicap to an undisclosed ability pro/teacher/guru actor imitator and proponent of Hogans Five lessons while wearing the white cap and charging money for video subscriptions, clinics, and lessons. Problem is he’s not very good. I’d guesstimate his index around 6 and his swing is nothing like Ben Hogan, so a lot of people hate on him. He is a clever marketer and has a good personality he just doesn’t really have a good swing, is not PGA certified, and doesn’t really have a swing philosophy. Granted being PGA isn’t the end all be all but I am not certain he would pass the PAT anyway. There are some videos of him playing 6000 yard muni courses where he barely breaks 80 so his golf journey is really the same as anyone else who started practicing in earnest and went from a 12 to single digit. Besides that there isn’t much to learn but he does get people’s attention. He has never gotten rid of the early extending, high handle flip and poor rotation because he doesn’t know how, and likely initially took up the game as an adult which makes eliminating that tendency almost impossible. There was a point in 2015 he swung pretty well but it has gotten worse since.  

Edited by Starched

Callaway Epic 3 wood

Sub 70 5 wood

Titleist U510 22*

Mizuno S18 Wedges

Ping Kinloch C Putter

Yes he has decent rhythm - in fact with major swing flaws that’s the only way you can actually play so he does get credit for that. The problem is sometimes it’s hard to find your rhythm every day. If your fundamentals are sound, you always know you will hit it pretty decent and don’t need to tinker trying to find it all the time. Then you work on shaping shots and short game which is 10x more important anyway, rhythm becomes a natural by-product. Christo had every right to do what he does it’s just annoying when as a better player you can see he is clueless yet still sucks people in. It’s his right to do what he wants, but I think my point all along is if you truly want to learn the golf swing and get better, don’t waste money on him. Go to a good teacher, there are tons of them who get it. My favorites are Mike Malaska, Josh Zander, Mitch Lowe, and Erik Stone. And for short game tutorials no one beats Stan Utley!!!

Callaway Epic 3 wood

Sub 70 5 wood

Titleist U510 22*

Mizuno S18 Wedges

Ping Kinloch C Putter

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/15/2022 at 2:10 AM, SwagGolf6112 said:

Nice set-up... wait. Oh, my bad, that's his impact position. SMH

I say you need some help, you’re mentally ill. Your obsession with this guy is past creepy now.

Edited by BottleCap
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Taylormade Stealth Plus Mitsu Kai'li White 70S
Taylormade SIM2 15  Tour AD DI 8S
Mizuno MP 20 3-PW ProjectX 6.0
Vokey SM7 54S and 60M
Cameron Newport 2 CT
Titleist ProV1x Left dash

On 11/12/2021 at 8:51 AM, powerfade66 said:

I agree with all of that except the 5 handicap. All the rounds he has reported have been low 80s or high 70s. There is something very wrong with profiting off the name of a legend of the sport. Particularly because naive internet consumers confuse confidence with ability and authenticity. He’s not better than any other high single figure handicapper at any club anywhere in the world who decided to try and get serious about the game. He has never played competition in all of his “evolution”. 

You mentioned rhythm and tempo and I agree with that too. We all have good rhythm when it’s never interrupted by trying out those new swing thoughts with a pencil in our pocket and putting it on the line.

The fact this business of his is apparently working is echoed by this thread in how so many have defended him and say they just come to this thread for entertainment value. What he is doing is fraud on the legacy of one of the greatest to have played the game. If Hogan were alive today he would punch this guy straight in the nose. The Ben Hogan company are equally to blame for endorsing and associating with him. They too are just pimping off the Ben Hogan name though so that’s hardly a surprise. 

I agree with all except your disbelief he’s a 5 handicap. What scores do you think a 5 shoots? On a relatively easy course with a 73 course rating the 5 will average about 81.  

Titleist TSR4 9° Tensei AV White 65

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TSR3 24° Diamana Ahina

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

On 11/12/2021 at 8:51 AM, powerfade66 said:

I agree with all of that except the 5 handicap. All the rounds he has reported have been low 80s or high 70s. There is something very wrong with profiting off the name of a legend of the sport. Particularly because naive internet consumers confuse confidence with ability and authenticity. He’s not better than any other high single figure handicapper at any club anywhere in the world who decided to try and get serious about the game. He has never played competition in all of his “evolution”. 

You mentioned rhythm and tempo and I agree with that too. We all have good rhythm when it’s never interrupted by trying out those new swing thoughts with a pencil in our pocket and putting it on the line.

The fact this business of his is apparently working is echoed by this thread in how so many have defended him and say they just come to this thread for entertainment value. What he is doing is fraud on the legacy of one of the greatest to have played the game. If Hogan were alive today he would punch this guy straight in the nose. The Ben Hogan company are equally to blame for endorsing and associating with him. They too are just pimping off the Ben Hogan name though so that’s hardly a surprise. 

Double post

Edited by Shilgy

Titleist TSR4 9° Tensei AV White 65

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TSR3 24° Diamana Ahina

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

• 1 month later...
  • SwagGolf6112 changed the title to Miracle Swing Experience( former My Swing Evolution) is a Charlatan!