Justin Thomas Inspired Scotty Coming to Retail

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's not even the same neck.   

The original.  I see the necks are different, but maybe to be expected when you are doing 2,020 of them...  

I’d sell it for the Circle T all day long. 

Posted Images

Hell I bet it’s $2k minimum anyway.  You can shop and buy a similar welded neck circle T for less than $3k.  And it won’t drop in value. This one goes to $800 as soon as you use it. 

Edited by bladehunter

TM Sim Max 10.5 Ventus Red 6x 

TM RBZ 14* Addi 8x 

Ping g410 17.5* synergy blue 70TX 

Miura MC-501 3-Pw modus 130x 

Artisan 53 59 modus 130s 

Cameron GSS 009  1.5 , sound slot , tungsten sole weights , head speed shaft. 

47 minutes ago, bladehunter said:

Hell I bet it’s $2k minimum anyway.  You can shop and buy a similar welded neck circle T for less than $3k.  And it won’t drop in value. This one goes to $800 as soon as you use it. 

In the front page story here... retail is "only" $850.

While I'm also not a huge fan of the JT branding everywhere... I do really love the look and style of his putter with some toe hang, the small slant neck and the AMAZING CLEAN TOP LINE and straight notch look.

Lately the Futura's look like spaceships and this just looks so nice and clean (I guess like the 2018s). I'd be lying if I said I wasn't at least tempted. 

Edited by KParks
typos
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, KParks said:

While I'm also not a huge fan of the JT branding everywhere... I do really love the look and style of his putter with some toe hang, the small slant neck and the AMAZING CLEAN TOP LINE and straight notch look.

Usually the Futura's look like spaceships and this just looks so nice and clean. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't at least tempted. 

It will be interesting to see how much these will fetch in aftermarket pricing.

I just ordered mine!  I have the original Cirlcle T Justin Thomas spec as well.  It will be fun to compare the original to the limited release.

Why get both?  Well, this is the putter I play with.  I typically use my 2016 Futura 5.5M for everyday use, so that will likely be retired.  I am really glad they did this, it is a great design and more people should be able to access it.  I don't think it will hurt the value of the original, but who knows, and honestly, who cares.

Boom! Roasted.

Just now, bosevelt said:

I just ordered mine!  I have the original Cirlcle T Justin Thomas spec as well.  It will be fun to compare the original to the limited release.

Why get both?  Well, this is the putter I play with.  I typically use my 2016 Futura 5.5M for everyday use, so that will likely be retired.  I am really glad they did this, it is a great design and more people should be able to access it.  I don't think it will hurt the value of the original, but who knows, and honestly, who cares.

Pics of your original?

If you look at the neck angles I would say Justin's putter has slightly less toe hang than the model being released. 

Also I find it humorous that his actual putter just has a small JT stamp on the face, but the one being released for you has his logo and branding all over it. I'm sure that was Scotty's idea, and I like Justin Thomas, but I don't want a golf club with someone else's name and signature plastered all over it.

• Like 1

It's a nod to the circle T logo, but perhaps a little too big.  I might just take the color out, then it would be fine to me.  Plus, you don't see any of that when you are putting.  If a no hand work retail putter is $400, I think the price is line on this one.  Couldn't get it done for less aftermarket I don't think.

Boom! Roasted.

Pre-ordered one this morning cause I hate money.  I've wanted this putter for quite a while, and have looked for decent shape used ones on the auction site and here on BST - just haven't been able to find anything.  I'm definitely not a JT fan, but I also don't care if his name is on the putter as it looks good at address.

I game my GSS Byron and my T22 Fastback - I intend to game this one as well.  Pretty sure this will be the flatstick that makes me a great putter.  

• Like 2

Ping Tyne 4

• Like 1

Ping G400 Max 10.5* Fubuki K 60x

Ping G400 5w 16.5* Blueboard 73x Ping G400 7w 19.5* Diamana B 80s

Callaway Apex 4h 23* Fubuki 82x Callaway Apex 5h 26* Mitsu KK 90s

Mizuno 919T 6 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Prototype 95 f4
Vokey SM2 50*, SM2 TVD 56*M & 59*M, 64* Recoil Proto 95 f4

Piretti Matera Elite

Only reason I am considering is I have shop credit to burn on the year or else I would send a Futura in to be done cheaper.

Titleist TSi3 9* w/ Tensei AV White Raw 65 X
TM M2 Tour TI 16.5* w/ Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution TS X
PXG 0317X 20* w/ HZRDUS Smoke Black 80 6.5

Titleist 718 TMB 4 w/ DG TI Black X100
Titleist T100 (5-9) w/ KBS Tour Black X
Titleist Vokey SM8 Brushed (46F/50F/54M/58M) w/ KBS Black
Scotty Cameron Futura X5 Flow Neck
2 hours ago, KParks said:

Lately the Futura's look like spaceships and this just looks so nice and clean (I guess like the 2018s). I'd be lying if I said I wasn't at least tempted. 

Yep.  Initial price.  I’m sure twice that or more to the public.  

TM Sim Max 10.5 Ventus Red 6x 

TM RBZ 14* Addi 8x 

Ping g410 17.5* synergy blue 70TX 

Miura MC-501 3-Pw modus 130x 

Artisan 53 59 modus 130s 

Cameron GSS 009  1.5 , sound slot , tungsten sole weights , head speed shaft. 

53 minutes ago, MysteryV said:

Pre-ordered one this morning cause I hate money.  I've wanted this putter for quite a while, and have looked for decent shape used ones on the auction site and here on BST - just haven't been able to find anything.  I'm definitely not a JT fan, but I also don't care if his name is on the putter as it looks good at address.

I game my GSS Byron and my T22 Fastback - I intend to game this one as well.  Pretty sure this will be the flatstick that makes me a great putter.  

Where are you pre-ordering? Are certain shops going to carry this thing?

1 hour ago, kennyFpowers55 said:

I had my old futura x5 converted to this for over a year now so I don’t need another one.. and it didn’t cost $850.

Did it cost $350 or so?  Because the X5 would be $400 retail in today's climate, if it existed, with a brand new milled face utilizing the latest/greatest machines.  So not that far off if so...

Boom! Roasted.