Jump to content

Must play courses in NC


chrisokeefe12
 Share

Recommended Posts

Alright just moved to NC. I am living in Lexington just south of Winston-Salem. What is a list of your must play courses in NC. I already have Pinehurst, Tobacco Road, Mid Pines, Southern Pines, and Pine Needles on the list. Other than those what else would you recommend is a must play or a really fun course. Thanks

Driver - Ping G425 LST 9º w/ Ping Tour 65X

3W - Titleist 917F2 16.5º w/ Tour AD DI 7S

2i - Tour Issue Nike Vapor Fly Pro w/ Fuji Pro 95S BK Serial #

4i - Srixon ZX Utility 23º w/ Recoil 95S

Irons - 5-P Srixon ZX7 w/ PX LZ 6.0

Wedges - Cleveland Tour Rac Raw 48 bent to 50, 54 Mid bent to 55, and 58 Mid bent to 60

Putter - Compass Golf Co Face balance blade

Ball - TP5x

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Public- Wilmington Muni- Wilmington and the Pinehurst courses already mentioned.

Private- Ross- Sedgefield CC- Greensboro, Forsyth CC- Winston- Salem, Charlotte CC- Charlotte, Eagle Point- Wilmington, Old Chatham- Cary, Grandfather CC- Linville, Linville GC- Linville, Biltmore Forest- Asheville. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...

I lived in Salisbury, NC until recently. You are lucky, as there are TONs of good golf courses within an hour of you. Where did you move from?

 

These are some of my favorites that are close to you - 

Sapona - I was a member here before the place sold a couple of years ago. Great track and inexpensive.

Oak Valley - One of my favorites, but haven't played there in a few years.

Country Club of Salisbury - I was a member here before relocating to SC. It is private and currently no non-member is allowed to play (Covid). If you can get hooked up to play here sometime, do it. It is an older course with a fantastic classic layout and always in superb condition unless it has rained more than usual. The course does not drain well.

Tot Hill Farm - Love or hate course. I am a fan.

Town of Mooresville Golf Course - Nice course and restaurant. VERY busy during peak season.

Warrior Golf Club - A little pricey considering how many other choices there are and can get very busy, but a good track.

The Revival at the Crescent - I love this layout. Sometimes conditions are not up to par, but it seemed to be getting better with the new ownership a few years ago.

 

Ron

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, rcubed3r said:

I lived in Salisbury, NC until recently. You are lucky, as there are TONs of good golf courses within an hour of you. Where did you move from?

 

These are some of my favorites that are close to you - 

Sapona - I was a member here before the place sold a couple of years ago. Great track and inexpensive.

Oak Valley - One of my favorites, but haven't played there in a few years.

Country Club of Salisbury - I was a member here before relocating to SC. It is private and currently no non-member is allowed to play (Covid). If you can get hooked up to play here sometime, do it. It is an older course with a fantastic classic layout and always in superb condition unless it has rained more than usual. The course does not drain well.

Tot Hill Farm - Love or hate course. I am a fan.

Town of Mooresville Golf Course - Nice course and restaurant. VERY busy during peak season.

Warrior Golf Club - A little pricey considering how many other choices there are and can get very busy, but a good track.

The Revival at the Crescent - I love this layout. Sometimes conditions are not up to par, but it seemed to be getting better with the new ownership a few years ago.

 

Ron

 

Country Club of Salisbury is fantastic. Had the opportunity to play there this fall and LOVED it.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, bluehose said:

Country Club of Salisbury is fantastic. Had the opportunity to play there this fall and LOVED it.  

I've played in a couple CGA events, and a couple practice rounds there, it is a really fun course. Before COVID, they had some deals that allowed some outside play. I think the deals may have been run through the CGA.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, caniac6 said:

I've played in a couple CGA events, and a couple practice rounds there, it is a really fun course. Before COVID, they had some deals that allowed some outside play. I think the deals may have been run through the CGA.

That’s how we got on.  It was very reasonably priced and included a discount in the pro shop as well.  Unfortunately, some of the holes on the back 9 were closed due to torrential rain that week.  
 

I talked to to the guy in the shop about the CGA deal and he said some of the members were grumbling about it this year due to the compression of their normal event schedule.  Seems like tee times were a little harder to come by for members on non-event weekends because all of their spring events had been pushed back due to COVID and there were simply less “normal weekends”.  I suspect though that as the event schedule in 2021 smooths out, they will be more receptive to it again in the fall.  Or at least I hope so.  It was less than the price of a round at an okay public course in Charlotte.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/26/2020 at 8:45 AM, bluehose said:

That’s how we got on.  It was very reasonably priced and included a discount in the pro shop as well.  Unfortunately, some of the holes on the back 9 were closed due to torrential rain that week.  
 

I talked to to the guy in the shop about the CGA deal and he said some of the members were grumbling about it this year due to the compression of their normal event schedule.  Seems like tee times were a little harder to come by for members on non-event weekends because all of their spring events had been pushed back due to COVID and there were simply less “normal weekends”.  I suspect though that as the event schedule in 2021 smooths out, they will be more receptive to it again in the fall.  Or at least I hope so.  It was less than the price of a round at an okay public course in Charlotte.

 

I played there right after we got a lot of rain and they had to close down the back 9. But it was on a weekday too and it was dead.

Ping G425 LST 9*
PXG 0211 15*
Callaway Apex 18*

Srixon ZX7 4-PW
Callaway MD4 50* | 54*

Callaway MD5 58*
Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2.5

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

I played CCS in October after inquiring about a national / non-resident membership and indicating the reason for my interest was specifically the golf course. There wasn't a fee, however, I didn't ask to play at a peak time and started around 3pm. It had rained and I think the greens are still bent grass rather than the bermuda varieties most courses have gone to in the South. They seemed very soft and fragile, it must have rained in the past few days.

 

Loved the course, pretty good range and practice situation with dedicated short game area for pitching, etc.

 

I started off as a single since it wasn't busy, but had a group of 3 members in carts behind me (I walk..) so asked if they wanted to join. To put it nicely, I wouldn't have expected some of the behavior I saw over the next 13 holes. I think they assumed I had recently joined from the membership drive but overall they mostly acted like I had interrupted their round.

 

Good club and everyone else was friendly. Also, joining as a member in any of the categories (resident, NR, etc) is a steal. I was surprised how good of value it offers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/9/2020 at 7:20 PM, chrisokeefe12 said:

Alright just moved to NC. I am living in Lexington just south of Winston-Salem. What is a list of your must play courses in NC. I already have Pinehurst, Tobacco Road, Mid Pines, Southern Pines, and Pine Needles on the list. Other than those what else would you recommend is a must play or a really fun course. Thanks

Www.NCGolfPanel.com is a good place to start. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 months later...

Can't believe no one has mentioned Cutter Creek Golf Club - do yourself a favor and get off the beaten path. Cam McRae, the owner, takes serious pride in the place and it shows. They also have an awesome "Stay n Play" program. I'm a member out there, if you have any questions let me know.

  • Like 2

TSI3

TS3

T100 4-PW
Vokey 52/56/60
Custom Byron
ProV1X
Instagram : danieljfalcone

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, djfalcone said:

Can't believe no one has mentioned Cutter Creek Golf Club - do yourself a favor and get off the beaten path. Cam McRae, the owner, takes serious pride in the place and it shows. They also have an awesome "Stay n Play" program. I'm a member out there, if you have any questions let me know.

Live 30 mins from there.  Its a great track.  Try and play there as much as possible when not playing my club.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/19/2021 at 7:16 PM, djfalcone said:

Can't believe no one has mentioned Cutter Creek Golf Club - do yourself a favor and get off the beaten path. Cam McRae, the owner, takes serious pride in the place and it shows. They also have an awesome "Stay n Play" program. I'm a member out there, if you have any questions let me know.

Played there a couple of months ago.  Enjoyed it, awesome greens!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Our picks

    • 2022 Farmers Insurance Open Photos - 26 WITBs & New Gear- Discussion and Links
      Please put any questions or comments here
       
      General Albums - 
       
      2022 Farmers Insurance Open - Monday #1
      2022 Farmers Insurance Open - Monday #2
      2022 Farmers Insurance Open - Monday #3
      2022 Farmers Insurance Open - Monday #4
       
       
      WITB Albums - 
       
      Hideki Matsuyama - WITB - 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      Sung Kang - WITB - 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      Adam Long - WITB - 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      Brandon Wu - WITB - 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      Jimmy Walker - WITB - 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      Sam Burns - WITB - 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      Xander Schauffele - WITB - 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      Trey Mullinax - WITB - 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      Daniel Berger - WITB - 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      James Hahn - WITB - 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      Phil Mickelson - WITB - 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      Aaron Wise - WITB - 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      Justin Thomas - WITB - 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      Lee Hodges - WITB - 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      Jordan Spieth - WITB - 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      Cameron Champ - WITB - 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      Kyle Stanley - WITB - 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
       
       
      Pullout Albums - 
       
      New Super Stroke grip - 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      Tour Aim alignment aids - 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      Swag Golf: Hideki's caddie bowing at Augusta, signed headcovers – 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      Dylan Frittelli's Callaway Apex TCB Sand Wedge (1-of-1 proto) – 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      Bryson DeChambeau's Cobra King LTDx 5-degree driver – 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      NeuroPeak Pro NTel Belt - 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
      JumboMax JMX Zen Lite grips – 2022 Farmers Insurance Open
       
      Cameron Champ WITB has the new Ping i525

       
      Bryson's WITB has the new Cobra LTDx Driver 

       
      Phils new Rogue Driver

       
      Bryson's LAGolf Shaft in the driver

       
      Xander has the triple diamond "S" driver

       
      New SuperStroke grips for 2022

       
        • Thanks
      • 8 replies
    • 2022 The American Express WITB Photos (Spotted: New gear for 2022) - Discussion & Links
      Please put and comments or questions here
       
       
      Scotty Cameron putters - 2022 American Express
      New Taylor-Made putters - 2022 American Express
      New Odyssey putters - 2022 American Express
      New Axis 1 model putter - - 2022 American Express
      Patrick Cantlay - WITB - 2022 American Express
      Mitsubishi MMT putter shaft - 2022 American Express
      Ping putter - 2022 American Express
      Abraham Ancer - WITB - 2022 American Express
      Jason Dufner - WITB - 2022 American Express
      Will Zalatoris - WITB - 2022 American Express
      The Surgeon 6109 wedge - 2022 American Express
      LA Golf "DJ Series" shafts (2022 American Express)
       
       
       
      2022 American Express - Monday #1
       
       
       
       
      • 40 replies
    • Sony Open Pics from January 11, 2022 Part 1
      I was able to get out to the Sony Open today to take a few pics.  I guess due to Covid precautions they kept the spectators pretty far from the players.  Also due to camera restrictions they've put in place, I wasn't able to bring the big lens like I normally do. Hopefully they'll ease up on the ropes and I'll be able to get more pics tomorrow!
        • Thanks
        • Like
      • 22 replies
    • 2022 Callaway Rogue ST drivers (in-hand photos)
      2022 Callaway Rogue ST Max driver
       

       
      2022 Callaway Rogue ST Max D driver
       
      2021 Callaway Rogue ST Max 
       
      2022 Callaway Rogue ST Max LS driver

       
      2022 Callaway Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS

       
      Rogue ST exploded views
        • Like
      • 221 replies
    • Titleist Vokey SM9 Link on Wedge Works Coming Soon- UPDATED Pics Added Pg 4
      Looks like there is a link on Titleist Wedge Works for the new Vokey SM9, but doesn't show any photos yet.
       
      https://www.vokey.com/product/WM137.html#start=4
        • Thanks
        • Like
      • 237 replies

×
×
  • Create New...