2020 US Open

I'm sorry I'm late to the party, but when I turned on coverage this morning, the first thing I saw was Reed hitting a bloody 3-wood out of ankle deep rough to the back of the 9th. Literally...W.T.F.????

TS 3 8.5º w/ LAGP TOUR AXS 70X
917F3 16.5º w/ Grafalloy blue
T-MB 2 iron C-Taper
Mizuno MP-5,  4-9 C-Taper
SM6 47º, 52º, 56º, 60 C-Taper
Scotty Special Select Newport 2, 35" Tour Issue X7, Hard stepped x2, Tipped 2"

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If there is one thing this forum loves, it’s making sweeping statements about a tournament on a Thursday. 

It's extremely rare to see a guy use a non-standard set of clubs, science, technology and a complete change in body mass (in combination) to get better results.  That sort of “season-to-season” missio

info normally found in a properly constructed thread, esp a major ... just sayin!: TV Thursday, September 17: 7:30 a.m.-2 p.m. ET (Golf Channel); 2-5 p.m. ET (NBC)Friday, September 18: 9:30

Posted Images

1 minute ago, The Mad Bomber said:

I'm sorry I'm late to the party, but when I turned on coverage this morning, the first thing I saw was Reed hitting a bloody 3-wood out of ankle deep rough to the back of the 9th. Literally...W.T.F.????

He gets all the hate, but he golfed his ball.  It could have been even better though.

G410 9 Degree - Accra FX 2.0
G410 3, 5 & 9 Woods - Accra FX 2.0
G410 4-5 Hybrids - Accra 80i
G410 6-UW - Accra 80i
Glide 3.0 54WS, 58WS Accra 80i
PING Bruzer
PING Vault 2.0 Craz-E **Backup**
(MY HYBRIDS, IRONS & WEDGES HAVE BEEN STOLEN BY MY SON)
1 minute ago, tbowles411 said:

He gets all the hate, but he golfed his ball.  It could have been even better though.

He played an excellent round of golf, there's no doubt. But you couldn't see the ball...you couldn't even see his shoes - and he hit 3 wood. I immediately went to the idea of him playing one of his "fluff" lies

T-MB 2 iron C-Taper

2 minutes ago, The Mad Bomber said:

He played an excellent round of golf, there's no doubt. But you couldn't see the ball...you couldn't even see his shoes - and he hit 3 wood. I immediately went to the idea of him playing one of his "fluff" lies

I get it.  He brings on the scrutiny, but no one had any issues with that one...so far.  LOL

G410 9 Degree - Accra FX 2.0
G410 3, 5 & 9 Woods - Accra FX 2.0
G410 4-5 Hybrids - Accra 80i
G410 6-UW - Accra 80i
Glide 3.0 54WS, 58WS Accra 80i
PING Bruzer
PING Vault 2.0 Craz-E **Backup**
(MY HYBRIDS, IRONS & WEDGES HAVE BEEN STOLEN BY MY SON)

I am almost convinced Phil is trolling us. There is bad and then there is what Phil is doing off the tee with that 3 wood today. It’s like that $hitty flared pop up fade that I hit all of the time with that dumb club. He’s actually hitting it so far left that it is catching the trampled down areas where the limited spectators are walking LOL.

Edited by Ronnie Mundt
7 minutes ago, Ronnie Mundt said:

I am almost convinced Phil is trolling us. There is bad and then there is what Phil is doing off the tee with that 3 wood today. It’s like that $hitty flared pop up fade that I hit all of the time with that dumb club. He’s actually hitting it so far left that it is catching the trampled down areas where the limited spectators are walking LOL.

It ain't working for him the last few holes.  Why not go with something off the tee he can get into the fw and try a longer iron into these greens if they're softer than expected?

7 minutes ago, jmck said:

Did you see the morning wave?  Thomas Pieters is half way to the Tommy Fleetwood look himself.  I did a double take first time they showed him!

I didn’t...I’ll have to find an image

Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Fubuki ZT Stiff
Callaway XR Speed 3W Project X HZRDUS T800 65 Stiff
Wilson Staff FG Tour M3 21* Hybrid Aldila RIP Stiff
Cobra King CB/MB Flow 4-6, 7-PW C-Taper Stiff
Wilson Staff PMP wedges 50/54/58 KBS Hi-Rev 2.0
Radius Classic 8

2 minutes ago, adeangelis said:

Does anyone think that the course was set up like this tourney was in July? And the fact that it’s September had an effect on how it’s playing? 

They said on the broadcast that the USGA softened the setup to make sure they're not fighting daylight on Thursday-Friday. It'll be a monster on the weekend.

T-MB 2 iron C-Taper

46 minutes ago, Ronnie Mundt said:

Oh my god Phil! Hahaha. Hits his first fairway, blocks a 5 wood soooo far left that it ends up perfect lie in the first tee box!

Classic Phil ?

Mizuno ST190 9.5* Diamana X'17 70XX || Taylormade M1 430 8.5* Tensei Pro Orange V2 70TX
Titleist 915FD 14.25* Kuro Kage 80XTS || Taylormade SIM Ti 16* Kuro Kage 80XTS 
Titleist 915FD 17.25* Kuro Kage 90XTS || Taylormade GAPR Lo 3 20* Kuro Kage 100XTS Hybrid
Callaway X-Forged UT 20* Kuro Kage XT 100TX Hybrid || Taylormade RSI UDI 20* Kuro Kage 100XTS Hybrid
Callaway X-Forged UT 23* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 DPC 5i-7i 27*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey Mild Raw 8620 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot || Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Pro Platinum

1 hour ago, The Mad Bomber said:

Probably had a good lie by the time he was ready to hit.