• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well yes, you hit the nail right on the head there. The CMB is not a true muscle back, which is why they have it right there in the name. Cavity muscle back. They state it has a cavity, and they state

Got to get that post count up to make a bst ad

Still waiting on my payment after winning that liquid metal lawsuit !  

New guy isn't gonna make friends bashing one of the best irons ever made. BLASPHEMY!

• Like 1
  • G410 LST 9* - Diamana D+ Limited 70TX
  • TM SIM Ti 14.25* - Fuji Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 7X
  • TM M5 Ti 18.25* - Fuji Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 7X
  • Adams Idea Pro Tour Prototype 23* - KBS Proto Hybrid 85X
  • Adams CMB/MB2 5-Pw - PX LZ 6.5 
  • Wilson FG Tour V4 50* - PX LZ 6.5 
  • Mizuno T7 55* - PX LZ 6.5
  • Cobra Tour Raw 60.08V - DG TI Onyx S400
  • Odyssey Rossie WHP
  • Bridgestone Tour B XS

Technically, I think it's the use of the phrase "muscle-back" that's wrongly applied. Virtually every club has some sort of muscle behind the lower portion of the face. How it's sculpted or whether it contains multiple materials is all in the details but to suggest that one club has a muscle and another doesn't is silly. 

Take for instance my Titleist CB. It's basically the same as an MB but with a bit of perimeter weighting and some tungsten on the toe. A better name therefore might be the MB-P (P=Perimeter weighting) or maybe the MB-T (T=tech). 

Or maybe just call the CB the CB and change the MB to something else. 

Everything's wrongly named, LOL. 

SIM (10.5o) (Tensei Pro Org.)
TS2 4w (17o)

M6 7w (21o)

z785 (4-Pw)
SM8 52-F / 56-F / 60-S
Newport 2 Select

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Ping G410 Plus 10.5°/Alta CB55 r flex
Maltby KE4 TC 5w/Xcaliber SL FW r flex

Maltby KE4 Tour 3h/Xcaliber HY r flex
Maltby KE4 Tour 4h/Xcaliber HY r flex
Maltby KE4 Tour 5h/Xcaliber Rapid Taper r flex
Maltby KE4 Tour+ 6-G/Xcaliber Rapid Taper r flex
Maltby Tricept 54° and 58°/Xcaliber Rapid Taper r flex
Mizuno Bettinardi C06

55 minutes ago, Bad9 said:

Ha, probably some truth there. Reminds me that when I joined I had a day where I didn't have much going on at work and I wound up posting 11 times or so. All meaningful, legitimate, polite conversations I was participating in, but it was more than 10 and I got automatically suspended and count returned to zero. I pointed out that it was clearly all individual comments that stood on their own, but I was told that they don't care whether it was meaningful or BS, just that it was more than 10. 

In the spirit of staying on topic, it seems pretty legit that they'd call it a muscle cavity when it's a pronounced tungsten muscle weighting applied to a upper cavity back head. Not sure what name would be more appropriate, tbh. 

9 minutes ago, ThreeBoxers said:

$5 says this thread goes on for a comically long time. 

I think you have 2 to 1 the best of that bet or it gets out of hand and locked. What's the over under on number of posts before it is locked?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Driver--- Honma G1-X Stock R shaft FW Adams Tight Lies 16* Mitsu Diamana FW 7 woodTM V- Steel 21* Stock TM R Irons 3 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan #2 Apex Shafts SW- Clevaland 588 56* Sensicore S-400 LW Cleveland 588 60* Sensicore S-400 Putter 1997 Cameron Santa FE rusty as heck Bulls Eye Satin fluted shaft Bags- Old School Burton mini staff non logo or Jones Classic

Another note. Vega makes an iron called the VDC-01.  Stands for dual cavity.  And it’s closer to an MB than say a razr Mb from callaway if we’re talking weight placement.  

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

TM Sim Max 10.5 Ventus Red 6x 

TM RBZ 14* Addi 8x 

TM Gapr bonded 21* evenflow blue 6.5 

Miura MC-501 4-Pw DG.X7

Miura 51 55 59 s400

Cameron GSS 009  1.5 , sound slot , tungsten sole weights , head speed shaft. 

1 minute ago, bladehunter said:

Another note. Vega makes an iron called the VDC-01.  Stands for dual cavity.  And it’s closer to an MB than say a razr Mb from callaway if we’re talking weight placement.  

True LOL but very few of us know what a Vega golf club is. I got educated on them from you. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Driver--- Honma G1-X Stock R shaft FW Adams Tight Lies 16* Mitsu Diamana FW 7 woodTM V- Steel 21* Stock TM R Irons 3 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan #2 Apex Shafts SW- Clevaland 588 56* Sensicore S-400 LW Cleveland 588 60* Sensicore S-400 Putter 1997 Cameron Santa FE rusty as heck Bulls Eye Satin fluted shaft Bags- Old School Burton mini staff non logo or Jones Classic

15 hours ago, LUXOR54 said:

Well yes, you hit the nail right on the head there. The CMB is not a true muscle back, which is why they have it right there in the name. Cavity muscle back. They state it has a cavity, and they state that it has muscle in the back. Not misleading anyone, you can clearly tell by looking at it that it has a cavity, and the name reflects that. I don't know who would possibly be fooled by that. What's next, consumers confused that their Mizuno hot metal blades aren't physically hot to the touch, and they can't cut a steak very well for being "blades"? Not sure why you're up in arms about an 8 year old iron set from a company that doesn't exist anymore.

Oh this good 

Cobra SpeedZone Pars & Stripes 9.0 Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue S 45.5”

PONDERING: Ventus Red 60x, Aldila RIP 60x

Tour Edge EXS 220 13.5 HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 6.5
Ben Hogan VKTR+ 18 UST Recoil ES 95 F5 X 

ORDERED: New Level NLU-01 21 Nippon Modus Pro 120X 1 Flat
Mizuno JPX 921 Forged 5-GW Nippon Modus Pro 120X 1 Flat

PONDERING: Fourteen DJ4 54

TaylorMade Hi Toe 58/10

Rife Phenom.Z 34”
Mizuno K1 Lo 2021 Blue/Red

I think the OP was reciting CMB in general and didn’t mean to go after One of the greatest Iron sets of all time. I owned them for three years. My issue was the c tapers and the fact that the gap wedge didn’t fit my eye. 

A true cavity back iron has no progressive weighting above the original cavity line on the lower part of the club and therefore the cavity is uniform throughout. See ping eye 2. The Tommy armour silver scot was a CMB. You can see the difference in the weight progression.  The 921 forged is a cavity back. The MMC is a CMB.   The new tm 770 with a cavity is a CMB. The R9 iron was a CMB.  Titleist dci? Cavity back. I’m dating myself lol. 

Edited by Lemonde
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

TaylorMade Hi Toe 58/10

Rife Phenom.Z 34”
5 hours ago, Bad9 said:

This 

TaylorMade Hi Toe 58/10

Rife Phenom.Z 34”
1 hour ago, Lemonde said:

I think the OP was reciting CMB in general and didn’t mean to go after One of the greatest Iron sets of all time. I owned them for three years. My issue was the c tapers and the fact that the gap wedge didn’t fit my eye. 

A true cavity back iron has no progressive weighting above the original cavity line on the lower part of the club and therefore the cavity is uniform throughout. See ping eye 2. The Tommy armour silver scot was a CMB. You can see the difference in the weight progression.  The 921 forged is a cavity back. The MMC is a CMB.   The new tm 770 with a cavity is a CMB. The R9 iron was a CMB.  Titleist dci? Cavity back. I’m dating myself lol. 

LOL you are almost as old as I am