Adams A7’s, Now What?!?

Looking for some advice here. I’ve played Adams A7 irons for a few year now. I’m currently a mid-handicap. Just looking for some suggestions for a new set of irons. I love the traditional look in thin top line on the A7’s. I’m thinking of the P7900’s or AP3’s. Thoughts? Suggestions? 

921 Forged. The forgiveness of the 2018HMP in a Smaller package. 

Edited by Lemonde

TaylorMade SIM 10.5 Fujikura Ventus Velocore Black 6X 45.25

Ping G410 14.5 Evenflow Black 85 6.5 43.0
Ben Hogan VKTR+ 19 UST Recoil ES 95 F5 X 
Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal Pro 5-PW Nippon Modus Pro 120X 1 Flat 
Mizuno MP 20 56, TM HiToe 58/10
Rife Phenom.Z 34”

Look at pxg. Either 0211 or P.  AP3 are tough to hit for midcap.  With the sale right now pxg fits your need of thinner top line. Other choice would be 921 Hot Metal Pro or Forged.  Nothing substitutes for hitting everything that looks good to your eye and your swing will tell you what fits.  

Current Gamers
MAVRIK 10.5*, FUJI PRO 53 STIFF
TEE XCG5 +3, 5, 7 Fwys 

MIZUNO JPX 921 HOT METAL PRO 6-GW
CALLAWAY MD 4 - 56*, 60*
TOULON AUSTIN STROKE LAB 33”
2020 TOUR B-RX (Fall/Winter)
2019 PROV1X (Summer)
17 hours ago, JoMoFo said:

Looking for some advice here. I’ve played Adams A7 irons for a few year now. I’m currently a mid-handicap. Just looking for some suggestions for a new set of irons. I love the traditional look in thin top line on the A7’s. I’m thinking of the P7900’s or AP3’s. Thoughts? Suggestions? 

Im still playing adams irons! What are you looking for in a new set?

if you just want to try something new, the pxg 0211 (I think) are heavily discounted and should be good irons for you... I’d also say check out sub70 golf... the 699 have a good top line and plenty of forgiveness... Jason will also happily walk you through a purchase.

id also check out srixon irons... and maybe cobra? Ping also makes great stuff, but it’s usually not discounted.

id spend some time trying different shafts (and different weights!) and seeing what makes you more confident.

As of 6/5/20

9.5 Cobra LTD Pro with Aldila Silver 110

13 Degree Adams Speedline with Aldila Alpha 

18 Degree Adams A12 with Proforce V2

4 Utility Sub70 699u 22 degree Proforce V2

5 iron Sub70 639 CB with S400

6-PW Adams CMB with Project X 6.0

50, 54, 60 Vokeys

Tank Counter Balance #7 

16 hours ago, gridironesq said:

Look at pxg. Either 0211 or P.  AP3 are tough to hit for midcap.  With the sale right now pxg fits your need of thinner top line. Other choice would be 921 Hot Metal Pro or Forged.  Nothing substitutes for hitting everything that looks good to your eye and your swing will tell you what fits.  

Agreed.

7 hours ago, Myherobobhope said:

Im still playing adams irons! What are you looking for in a new set?

if you just want to try something new, the pxg 0211 (I think) are heavily discounted and should be good irons for you... I’d also say check out sub70 golf... the 699 have a good top line and plenty of forgiveness... Jason will also happily walk you through a purchase.

id also check out srixon irons... and maybe cobra? Ping also makes great stuff, but it’s usually not discounted.

id spend some time trying different shafts (and different weights!) and seeing what makes you more confident.

Good points. Just looking for some advice on which models to test.

22 hours ago, JoMoFo said:

Appreciate the response. Do you play these irons? 

I play the HMP 2018’s.  Will be switching to the 921F’s. I didn’t like the offset of the 919 forged nor the Design.  They fixed all of that now. 

TaylorMade SIM 10.5 Fujikura Ventus Velocore Black 6X 45.25

Ping G410 14.5 Evenflow Black 85 6.5 43.0
Ben Hogan VKTR+ 19 UST Recoil ES 95 F5 X 
Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal Pro 5-PW Nippon Modus Pro 120X 1 Flat 
Mizuno MP 20 56, TM HiToe 58/10
Rife Phenom.Z 34”
On 9/12/2020 at 4:01 PM, JoMoFo said:

Anyone have any experience with the M5 irons?

I played the M5 irons. So underrated. Forgiving with power but in a compact shape. They look excellent to me from address. Don’t see a lot of clubs like them — players look, GI attributes. The size is just right and they are kind of a one-off. All of the SIM heads are larger. 

11 hours ago, dmeeksDC said:

I played the M5 irons. So underrated. Forgiving with power but in a compact shape. They look excellent to me from address. Don’t see a lot of clubs like them — players look, GI attributes. The size is just right and they are kind of a one-off. All of the SIM heads are larger. 

Thanks for the response. I rarely hear people talking about or playing the M5’s.

• JoMoFo locked this topic