Pro V1x left dash

mizuno player

I had a friend order me a few dozen of the left dash balls to try. I used the regular X for years. Sometimes would spin too much. Especially into the wind. 

Tried the TP 5 X. I just didn't get along with that ball. Lost distance off the driver and couldn't make a putt. I know, I'm a wack job!! 

I like a ball on the firm side is why I chose these balls. 

First round out with the left dash and I'm hooked. Perfect ball flight and distance back with the driver. Wedges don't spin off the charts but I can still hit wedges off right lies that stop immediately. 

The only compliant might might be the cover. I rotated through a sleeve but noticed one was a little scuffed up. Not sure how durable it is. Also, not widely available that I've seen. 

The 2013 Pro V1/Pro V1x were (for me at least) almost supernaturally durable. I could hit all sorts of bunker shots, bounces off cart paths, richochets off trees and what have you and need to look pretty closely to find any sign of use. If I didn't lose it, playing 54 holes and having one look almost new was possible.

Starting with either the 2015 or 2017 models they changed the paint and they show damage a little more easily. I almost never get "gills" or bad bruises but I do see some paint wear on a 2019 Pro V1x after 18-36 holes. Still pretty durable though.

I also prefer firmer sound/feel and the Pro V1x Left Dash has that. Not quite up there with 2012 B330 (man that one had a click off the irons and a bang off driver) but firmer than the regular Pro V1x or most of the TM/Srixon/Callaway tour balls for sure. OTOH, my clubhead speed and spin is so low and my swing is so inconsistent I have a hard time seeing the supposedly lower iron spin. Which is fine, I need plenty of spin. Left Dash plays like a super-firm Pro V1x to me.

Not sure why the left dash would be more or less durable then other prov1. 

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

2 minutes ago, QuigleyDU said:

Not sure why the left dash would be more or less durable then other prov1. 

I suspect OP was comparing it to his memories of the older ProV models or to the current TP5's. 

I've got both the regular and Left Dash Pro V1x on hand now and have used both fairly recently. The cover material, paint, durability are identical. 

• Like 1

Just now, North Butte said:

I suspect OP was comparing it to his memories of the older ProV models or to the current TP5's. 

I've got both the regular and Left Dash Pro V1x on hand now and have used both fairly recently. The cover material, paint, durability are identical. 

That could be and I may have missed that. I have always found the Prov series balls durability outstanding. I honestly cant think of a current ball that I would consider sub par in that area.. They all seem to hold up well these days. 

BALL; Chrome Soft X

I have 8 dozen of the left dash ProV1 and love them.  I have been searching for a lower spinning version of the ProV1x and this hit the spot.  My only issue with the ball is the feel at times.  It is noticeably harder than the ProV1, but the ball flight is super low and rolls out great off the driver.  I have had to rethink my irons and wedges because I am getting at least 10 yards more with this ball due to the lower spin.  It is definitely worth the try. 

As for durability, it is not crazy better than the ProV1's, but does stand up to full wedges better than its predecessors 

I have both regular and Left Dash Pro V1x's on hand and for a few months have almost entirely used the Left Dash. Lately, just to see if I could tell any difference, I've played my last few rounds with the regular Pro V1x. 

Given that my clubhead speed is low (driver max around 90mph) and my swing is inconsistent, I guess it's no surprised I struggle to see any differences in distance or ball flight. I will say that with the shorter irons (like 9-iron, PW) these last few rounds I've hit a couple of really, really high shots that seemed to hang in the air longer than usual and spin a lot. So maybe on an aggressive swing and a clean strike there's a little something in it with the regular Pro V1x spinning more. Or maybe not, hard to say.

So I think I'm sticking with my original conclusion. For a golfer like me, double-digit handicap whose 150-yard club is 7-iron or 6-iron, the only real difference in these balls is the feel. Noticeably firmer for Left Dash.  

As a high spin guy, I find the left dash very good. The only other one that is great for really high spin players is the AVX. I have been told by reps it is lower spinning than the left dash. In practice on the course, they seem pretty close. The left dash doesn’t seem hard to me but I would guess that comes down to your speed and your sensitivity to that. You can’t go wrong with either imho.  Fairways and greens. 

• 3 weeks later...

I’ve fallen in love with the left dash since I gave it a try. I liked the spin of the AVX but the feel was just too mushy for me. Hitting some real long drives with the left dash that seemed to be a bit shorter with the AVX. 

Stealth Plus+ 10.5* || Ventus Blue TR 7x

SIM2 Rescue 17* || Ventus Blue HB 8x

X-Forged UT 18* || MMT UT 105tx

TSi2 21* || Ventus Black HB 10tx

T100/620MB 5-9 || DG X7

SM9 47 || DG X7

SM9 51, 55, 59 || DG X1

BB8 Tri Wiz Cu Insert || BGT Stability Tour

Bettinardi BKS #1

I had a great round again with the ProV1x LD yesterday. had a few shots that really stuck out in my mind during the round where a par 3 playing 115 and I landed a GW 10 feet past the hole and spun it back 20' but missed the birdie putt. And I drove the green on the last 2 par 4's that played 366 Dog Leg right and 294 Straight on. I play this course 30 times a year and have never driven the greens with any other driver/ball combo. TS3 with Rogue Silver 60X and Left Dash will be in the bag for quite some time. I agree with many others who said if you like the performance of the AVX but dont like the feel then the LD is worth trying. It retains all the positive qualities of the ProV1x but for me it got rid of the excessive spin and launches flatter.

Titleist TS3 9.5* Aldila Rogue Silver 110 60X
Titleist 915F 15* Aldila Rogue Silver 110 70X
Titleist 816 H2 Aldila Rogue Silver 110 85X
Titleist T100 Project X 5.5
Titleist Vokey SM8 50/54/58 Project X 5.5
Scotty Cameron Squareback 2
Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist -ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

I have not found a better ball out there for high spin high swing speed players than the left dash. I have been playing it this whole year and I used to play the regular V1 and ive gained half to a full club on my irons, i dont zip wedges off the green, and I actually get roll out on my drives. Ball has been a game changer for me and am currently at my lowest handicap of my life. I love the feel of this ball and the sound of a flushed iron. I have seen no difference durability wise between this and regular V1. As for AVX i can not stand the feel of that marshmallow and I lose distance off the driver with it compared to left dash. Hopefully this ball stays around for a long time. For reference I have tried most low spin options on the market and nothing compares to left dash (for me). 

Titleist TSI3 9* - Graphite Design AD IZ 6X

Callaway Epic Speed 15* - Hzrdous Smoke 

Titleist TS2 19 Hybrid - Hzrdous Smoke

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW - Project X IO

Bettinardi HLX 3.0 54*

Taylor Made Hi Toe 58*

Bettinardi Hive BB 34 DASS

TItleist ProV1

I have not tried this ball but decided to get some tonight..

I will report back once I put them in place.

BALL; Chrome Soft X

I played the Tour BX for the last couple of years and switched maybe 6 weeks ago to the left dash. It's unlike any other ball I've tested. I'm not a real high spin guy, my irons are all in the right sort of spin windows. I put it in play mainly for full swing wedges, my club has fast greens but they're on the soft side, so I was having to really try to knock spin off wedges to keep them from ripping back. This ball still stops really quick regardless of club due to a higher peak height. 

My concerns were that fliers out of the rough would be made even worse with the additional drop in spin, but that hasn't really been the case. I'll say that the ball is about 5 yards longer per club and it is an absolute monster off the tee. I'll be stocking up on these and hoping that they don't disappear. 

As for durability, I find them much more durable than the Tour BX but haven't played Titleist balls in a number of years so I can't really compare to the last few models.

• Like 1

Titleist TSi3 9* - Tensei Blue 60 TX
Titleist TS2 15* - D+ LTD 70X
Titleist TSi2 21* - Tensei White 80X

Srixon Z785 4i, Miura MC-501 5-PW - X100
SM7 50F, 54S, SM8 58M
Spider Tour

On 10/15/2020 at 10:46 AM, mmack067 said:

I played the Tour BX for the last couple of years and switched maybe 6 weeks ago to the left dash. It's unlike any other ball I've tested. I'm not a real high spin guy, my irons are all in the right sort of spin windows. I put it in play mainly for full swing wedges, my club has fast greens but they're on the soft side, so I was having to really try to knock spin off wedges to keep them from ripping back. This ball still stops really quick regardless of club due to a higher peak height. 

My concerns were that fliers out of the rough would be made even worse with the additional drop in spin, but that hasn't really been the case. I'll say that the ball is about 5 yards longer per club and it is an absolute monster off the tee. I'll be stocking up on these and hoping that they don't disappear. 

As for durability, I find them much more durable than the Tour BX but haven't played Titleist balls in a number of years so I can't really compare to the last few models.

This has been my exact experience with this ball. Ball has been a game changer for me. 

Titleist TSI3 9* - Graphite Design AD IZ 6X

Callaway Epic Speed 15* - Hzrdous Smoke 

Titleist TS2 19 Hybrid - Hzrdous Smoke

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW - Project X IO

Bettinardi HLX 3.0 54*

Taylor Made Hi Toe 58*

Bettinardi Hive BB 34 DASS

TItleist ProV1

After a few more weeks of playing these and playing some other similar balls on the course I can happily say the Left Dash is here to stay for me. Played a few rounds with TP5x and tried MTB-X. Left Dash flew significantly straighter for me than the TP5x while everything else was rather similar.  MTB-X was just as long off the tee, but spin with irons and wedges seemed to jump through the roof. 

Stealth Plus+ 10.5* || Ventus Blue TR 7x

SIM2 Rescue 17* || Ventus Blue HB 8x

X-Forged UT 18* || MMT UT 105tx

TSi2 21* || Ventus Black HB 10tx

T100/620MB 5-9 || DG X7

SM9 47 || DG X7

SM9 51, 55, 59 || DG X1

BB8 Tri Wiz Cu Insert || BGT Stability Tour

Bettinardi BKS #1

I played the LD most of the summer and I should have stayed with it. I ran out in August and played a combo of Provx and MTB X. Driver swing speed for me is about 95. I found they are long off the driver. I don't care what they say about all the balls being maxed out, the LD is further for me. For irons I found that the LD will run out a little on the greens but not terrible. I recently played with just the MTB-X and I was short on almost all my shots to the green, I think it spun like crazy. 

I do prefer a little softer feel on all shots and that is the only drawback to this ball. It feels very firm. 

12 hours ago, StillCantPutt said:

Your opinion. I’ve hit everything on gc quad and this ball is the best by far for me. YMMV. 

Absolutely! There is no one golden ball. I did like the pronounced click it had putting with my TEI3 Scotty because that is a soft putter and even the X balls out there have a lighter click.

Rock on man!

• Thanks 1