ATX—START/MARSHALL FOR US AND PLAY FREE GOLF

I’m a pro at ShadowGlen Golf Club in Manor, TX about 20 minutes east of the domain off of 290.

We are looking for Marshall’s/starters who are knowledgeable about golf, have good communication skills, and can come in 1 or 2 days a week for an afternoon or morning. You will get free golf and range balls. Message me or email [email protected] for more info 

For those unfamiliar, ShadowGlen was named a Golf Digest’s Top 10 Affordable public course when it was built in 2004. It’s a course unlike anything in Austin, reminding most people of a Midwest course with its mature deciduous hardwoods and terrain. The course is Press out over roughly 300 acres, and on only a few holes are you able to see other golfers on the course. The front nine is flatter and has some links style holes while the back 9 has drastic elevation changes and shots over canyons. It’s easily one of the top 2 most difficult public courses in Austin and one where you will hit all the clubs in your bag. The greens and fairways are back to their original glory like they were before the city broke their water contract about 10 years ago and the course baked in the summer sun and shut down for a year. The course sued the city and eventually won, but it was a long road back to form for ShadowGlen with weather, losing key staff members and customers. However in 2019 the owner/superintendent was able to hire a general manager to allow himself to focus on improving the course and expand the golf operation. Our goal is to become the top public golf course in Austin and we’re taking steps everyday to improve the quality of the golfing experience here. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m a pro at ShadowGlen Golf Club in Manor, TX about 20 minutes east of the domain off of 290.   We are looking for Marshall’s/starters who are knowledgeable about golf, have good communicat

It was a shame what happened to Shadowglen. Glad to hear it's back. 

Titleist 915 D3 - Fujikura Pro 73 Tour Spec X
Titleist 917f - Tour AD DI 7s
Adams XTD DHy 3 - KBS C Taper Lite S

Callaway Apex Utility 24 - Aerotech i110 XStiff
Ping s55 5 thru P - Modus 105x
TaylorMade R Series - 52, 56, 60 - Modus 120x
Odyssey White Hot XG #7