2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

“Tiger Woods’ iconic Scotty Cameron putter is on the auction block”

bscinstnct

Sort of....

“What would you pay to own a piece of golf history? More specifically, what would you pay for Tiger Woods’ iconic Scotty Cameron Newport 2 GSS putter? The putter Woods used to win 14 major championships is arguably the most important club in the history of the game. Ryan Carey, co-founder of Golden Age Golf Auctions, estimated it could be worth anywhere from $3 to $5 million. Some would claim the putter is priceless. 

To be clear, Woods’ gamer isn’t on the auction block. But a backup built to his exact specifications is part of Golden Age Golf Auctions’ latest golf lot. As the story goes, Cameron created one or two backup putters for Woods to test each season, in the event his gamer was damaged or needed to be replaced for some other reason. The 15-time major winner would roll putts on the practice green to ensure it checked out, but it never made an appearance in competition.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/golf.com/gear/putters/tiger-woods-scotty-cameron-putter-auction/amp/

Also, saw this...

“Tiger Woods' Private Putting Lesson Sells for $260K at All in Challenge Auction”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2891530-tiger-woods-private-putting-lesson-sells-for-260k-at-all-in-challenge-auction.amp.html

2 minutes ago, Hawkeye77 said:

Who hasn't touched his putter?

lol. It’s never been used in tournaments but he’s definitely rolled putts with it.

Last backup went for like 90k. 

Wonder why he sellin these?

Youd think he’d give em to Charlie or something. Kind of like a dad giving his kid an old fishing pole....@Here you go, Charlie, go out back and try this out, I got a bunch of them ; ) “

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bscinstnct said:

lol. It’s never been used in tournaments but he’s definitely rolled putts with it.

Last backup went for like 90k. 

Wonder why he sellin these?

Youd think he’d give em to Charlie or something. Kind of like a dad giving his kid an old fishing pole....@Here you go, Charlie, go out back and try this out, I got a bunch of them ; ) “

Charlie: "Dad I dont want your old putter.  I want one of those fancy red taylormade putters." 

Edited by USCdrifter
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Honma 737-445cc 9.5 driver Honma Vizard 70g

Adams Pro Mini 18 Aldila Tour green

Adams Pro Mini 23 Aldila Tour green

Nike VR Forged MB 4-PW

Cleveland 588 Endo Forged MB 4-PW

Miura 50 Forged Wedge, Yururi Forged Wedge 53, Honma Forged Wedge 56

Ping Anser 4 BECU w/ UST frequency filtered shaft

Jones William Murray edition carry bag

4 hours ago, oikos1 said:

Jay Haas/Bill Haas are about the only modern day father/son where the son actually played as well or perhaps better than dad on the PGA Tour.  Charlie should definitely look to another sport.

Yeah he has a better chance going for the NFL?

If likes playing golf he should play golf. 

he has as good or better chance than everyone else his age shooting -5

5 hours ago, oikos1 said:

Jay Haas/Bill Haas are about the only modern day father/son where the son actually played as well or perhaps better than dad on the PGA Tour.  Charlie should definitely look to another sport.

While Bill Haas won the FEC with a great all time shot out of the water at East Lake he still has less wins (Dad 9 wins. Son 6.) than his dad on the PGA Tour. Hope Bill finds his form again after his horrific car accident and can win some more.

19 hours ago, bscinstnct said:

Someday, TW will give Charlie the 3 elements of the Deathly Hallows of Golf

Elder Wand-Original Scotty

Invisibility Cloak-Sunday Red Shirt from 2000 US Open

Resurrection Stone-??

Then, Charlie will be invincible on the course ; )

962CBEB3-F8D1-40A6-8A1E-654BF3EE39A4.jpeg

The Resurrection Stone would be the ball from this shot:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BlackDiamondPar5 said:

Maybe this guy will bid on it... 

20200913_102423.jpg.11356b44880c8ba7e374867e16473335.jpg

Lol, ok, mock auction

On the block, lot #6

As described in this article, this is...

“THE Scotty Cameron

In 1999, Woods started using the Scotty Cameron Newport 2 GSS (German Stainless Steel) prototype putter that he currently uses today. It’s quite possibly the most famous putter in golf, and it would surely go for at least 8 figures if it were to have ever hit an auction table.

It famously has a “cherry bomb” red dot on the heel portion of the face, “Tiger Woods” stamped in red on the back bumpers, a single red dot on the topline for alignment, another “cherry bomb” in the back cavity, and it’s equipped with a Ping PP58 grip. After two decades using the putter, he’s worn a spot on the face directly in the sweet spot.

Woods has used the putter in 14-of-his-15 major championship victories, and it consistently stayed in the bag from 1999 until 2010, before reemerging in recent years.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/golf.com/gear/putters/every-putter-tiger-woods-used-career/amp/

So, you are all here in person or by phone, a group of millionaires and billionaires with a passion for golf. What do you bid for this club, to have  the pinnacle of golf excellence and history in your hands...

And we have on opening bid of $3 Million dollars....

Do I hear 4 Million?

2 hours ago, bscinstnct said:

Lol, ok, mock auction

On the block, lot #6

“THE Scotty Cameron

In 1999, Woods started using the Scotty Cameron Newport 2 GSS (German Stainless Steel) prototype putter that he currently uses today. It’s quite possibly the most famous putter in golf, and it would surely go for at least 8 figures if it were to have ever hit an auction table.

It famously has a “cherry bomb” red dot on the heel portion of the face, “Tiger Woods” stamped in red on the back bumpers, a single red dot on the topline for alignment, another “cherry bomb” in the back cavity, and it’s equipped with a Ping PP58 grip. After two decades using the putter, he’s worn a spot on the face directly in the sweet spot.

Woods has used the putter in 14-of-his-15 major championship victories, and it consistently stayed in the bag from 1999 until 2010, before reemerging in recent years.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/golf.com/gear/putters/every-putter-tiger-woods-used-career/amp/

So, you are all here in person or by phone, a group of millionaires and billionaires with a passion for golf. What do you bid for this club, to have  the pinnacle of golf excellence and history in your hands...

Do I hear 4 Million?

I definitely wasn't mocking just thought it was a funny relate 

• Like 1

I hit a few putts with an identical putter at Fairway Golf in San Diego about a decade ago.  They were asking $35K at the time.

12* Paradym X

16* SIM2 MAX-D

19* SIM2 MAX-D

24* Paradym super hybrid

- 5~GW T350 for regular use

- 5~GW Apex DCB for occasional use

- 2~P 681 for bliss (part of a complete set of "Tiger Slam" clubs) 

54* Glide 4.0 WS

58* Glide 4.0 EYE2

Scotty GoLo 6

12 hours ago, bscinstnct said:

Lol, ok, mock auction

On the block, lot #6

“THE Scotty Cameron

Do I hear 4 Million?

If we’re talking THE wand ?.... my personal estimate is $50mil .  I don’t think there’s a chance on earth you’d walk into that auction with $30mil and have a chance to buy it.      It’s like the car world.   I’ve seen it a hundred times.  Car that was a historical piece . On paper it’s same rare model as others . But this one was owned or raced by so and so and won so and so ..... estimate before auction is 20 % over book because of provenance and after the hammer drops it shatters a record and goes for 8x book value because of history.    Some fat cat golf fan would mortgage his 3rd house to buy this.  Just to say he owned it.  

And before somebody says it. I know I know. I think it’s crazy too.  But I have first hand knowledge of a famous actresses long lost  T-Bird being found in the last 2 years by a billionaire , in very bad shape.  He paid very little for it but did take a 10 year search which cost who knows what.  Early appraisal puts it at $3miL . same  car minus her butt prints on the seat is worth maybe $10k.  Maybe , in that condition.  When restored its estimated and insured now for $15 million and the Peterson Museum is already negotiating first dibs on it.  
So I can only imagine what a bidding war that putter would cause.  

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

10 hours ago, bladehunter said:

If we’re talking THE wand ?.... my personal estimate is $50mil .  I don’t think there’s a chance on earth you’d walk into that auction with $30mil and have a chance to buy it.      It’s like the car world.   I’ve seen it a hundred times.  Car that was a historical piece . On paper it’s same rare model as others . But this one was owned or raced by so and so and won so and so ..... estimate before auction is 20 % over book because of provenance and after the hammer drops it shatters a record and goes for 8x book value because of history.    Some fat cat golf fan would mortgage his 3rd house to buy this.  Just to say he owned it.  

And before somebody says it. I know I know. I think it’s crazy too.  But I have first hand knowledge of a famous actresses long lost  T-Bird being found in the last 2 years by a billionaire , in very bad shape.  He paid very little for it but did take a 10 year search which cost who knows what.  Early appraisal puts it at $3miL . same  car minus her butt prints on the seat is worth maybe $10k.  Maybe , in that condition.  When restored its estimated and insured now for $15 million and the Peterson Museum is already negotiating first dibs on it.  

I feel like THE wand ends up in the World Golf Hall of Fame someday. That's where it belongs but I would be curious to see what it went for. 

• Like 1

Titleist TSi3 10* TPO 1K 60-TX
Titleist 917F3 15* VA Composite Drago 75-X
Titleist TSr3 19* Ventus Black 10-TX
Mizuno MP-20 4-9 PX 6.5

Mizuno T20 47-07 PX 6.5

Mizuno T22 52-09 56-10 PX 6.5

Vokey SM9 60-04T PX Wedge 6.5
Special Select Squareback 2 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 1.0

ProV1x

Just now, TLUBulldogGolf said:

I feel like THE wand ends up in the World Golf Hall of Fame someday. That's where it belongs but I would be curious to see what it went for. 

Agree. That’s where it should go.  On loan from the TW Foundation in exchange for a yearly donation.  

• Like 1

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

i'm thankful to have seen and felt his backup putter in my own eyes/hands. while not the original...it's still pretty damn cool.

PING G430 LST / 9* (dialed to 10.5*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Dark Speed LS / 3w (dialed to 15.5*) / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

11 hours ago, bladehunter said:

50!!

I was going to say I could see it hitting 10 pretty fast. Then some back and forth bidding up to 20. Then some guy who “has to have it” says 25. Boom! Gavel, sold. 

47 minutes ago, bscinstnct said:

50!!

I was going to say I could see it hitting 10 pretty fast. Then some back and forth bidding up to 20. Then some guy who “has to have it” says 25. Boom! Gavel, sold. 

In fact here’s a clip of the actual negotiations!! $50 million dollars !!!! 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock