Bad Experiance @ Golftec Vancouver

Recently went into the golftec in vancouver for a swing analysis for my irons . After seeing some videos with the technology they have i thought i would like to see my mechanics on the screen.. To fast forward and save you some reading here are the bullets of what happened. 

- 1:15 arrival - 1:30 Appointment - irons 

warm up for 10 minutes and wait for instructor 

- 1:48 instructor comes in and starts to talk about my putting, chipping, where i miss with those ect.. i stated " im here for an iron swing analysis. 

-2:01 i take some swings with my 7 iron..  he compares my swing with PGA tour Zach johnson and shows where im not like him

-2:08 tells me to rotate my shoulders a bit more and aim left a tad to get a better draw... 

-2:10 tells me to take some more swings 

-2:17 we look at the before and after video of my swing with those adjustments.. 

-2:21 starts to talk about my putting and chipping again and all this other mumbo jumbo about taking a $3500 lesson package ect

-2:38 i literally have to say " apologies i have to get going im not interested in lessons.. " yes i stated i didn't want lessons at the start and when he kept referring to different smaller lesson packages.. 

There was no technology used at all.. just a video shot of my swing.. on the adverts and other videos I've seen.. people use the vest / chest strap to see lean and tilt ect, more analysis... 

i feel like i paid to go see my self on video like i would have if someone held and iPhone up to me... and then the rest was just a massive sales pitch. 

just my experience and thoughts... hated it and would not recommend 

I assume this was the $95 swing analysis I see online. Sounds like the classic bait and switch! Get you in the door with something cheap/reasonable and then try to up sell you for something more expensive. Should have told them where to stick those $3500 lessons..... 

I tried them once years ago. It’s hit and miss. If you luck into someone who enjoys teaching and wants to help, you’re good. But some of them were like the old stereotypical car salesman and I found that to be an enormous turnoff. 

And they’re too expensive. You can definitely get the same for less money and less commitment elsewhere. 

And I’d say do NOT buy a package with anyone new. Take 1 lesson and see how you like it. The extra little cost will be worth it. If you like him/her go again. Don’t make that kind of commitment until you know. 

And some pros aren’t good teachers regardless. You might have to go to a few. I had someone tell me “you’re doing something funny with your hands”. And couldn’t quite seem to communicate to me what it was or how to correct it. And he was a very good and accomplished local/regional player. 

Edited by kdog25
  • Like 2

Yah just really off putting ...

I will be trying Morgan creek for my iron fitting as they have the gears technology too.. $200 for 2 hrs .. 

looking to get fit into mavrik pros so we’ll see what this fitting says 

22 hours ago, Greenskeeper13 said:

There was no technology used at all.. just a video shot of my swing.. on the adverts and other videos I've seen.. people use the vest / chest strap to see lean and tilt ect, more analysis... 

They can’t use the harness due to Covid

33 minutes ago, Greenskeeper13 said:

Yah just really off putting ...

I will be trying Morgan creek for my iron fitting as they have the gears technology too.. $200 for 2 hrs .. 

looking to get fit into mavrik pros so we’ll see what this fitting says 

I’m probably going to do a wedge fitting at Morgan Creek.
 Took a few lessons from Scott Rodgers a few years ago, was very happy. 

[color=#0000ff]Callaway XR16 driver[/color], 9 degrees, Diamana S+ shaft
[color=#0000ff] Callaway Epic 3 Wood [/color], Fubuki Z65 shaft
[color=#0000ff] Mizuno ST180 5 wood, [/color] Tensei CK Blue shaft
[color=#0000ff]Cobra F8 22* hybrid
[color=#0000ff]Srixon Z765 [/color]5-PW irons [/color], KBS Tour V shafts

[color=#0000ff]Srixon A wedge 51° bent to 50°
[color=#0000ff]Hogan Equalizer 54* wedge
[color=#0000ff]Mizuno S18 58* wedge
[color=#0000ff]Nike Method Core Drone 2.0 putter

try Modern Golf in Richmond. No sales pitch based on my experience. 

Cobra F9 - Atmos Blue 6S
Titleist TS213.5 - Oban Purple 05 75
Titleist 818H1 19 - Oban Purple  05 100
Cobra King Forged CB/MB - Nippon 125S
Mizuno S18 54 60 - Nippon 125 Wedge
Toulon Las Vegas

12 hours ago, jwcp3 said:

try Modern Golf in Richmond. No sales pitch based on my experience. 

i had a friend who had a horrible experience there too lol.... 

his fitter was cory, first words out of the guys mouth was " so how much do you wanna spend today " 

They never measured him, never took his clubs and put them on the machine.. just swapped out a few clubs and shafts and asked what felt best.. 

so he left there with no specs on what he needs for his new clubs. 

that discouraged me to hahah..