Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

lol you can like this forum and also criticize it for the better.   It is sad what this "pre release" section has become.

Two things you can count on. Sun rising in the east and Cobra bring out a new line every year. Unless you're on Venus then the sun rises in the west and it would be a new line every day and a half.

You eat pieces of s*** for breakfast?

Posted Images

cobra rad speed monster energy surfs up golf life edition coming soon

  • Haha 1

Mavrik + ATMOS TS Blue 6-D4-44.75" / Mavrik 4W + ATMOS TS Blue 7-D3-43" / Mavrik Pro 3H + Pro 2.0 8H-D3-40"  |or| Epic Flash 7W + Pro 2.0 7-D3-41" / XForged UT + ATMOS TS Black 9H-D3-38.5" / Apex 19 Pro + C-Taper / MD5 / Odyssey SL Black 7 + SuperStroke Cord 2.0

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wonder if those irons are the new single length clubs they're working on for Bryson? I know it was mentioned on the interview Golfwrx did with the guy from Cobra after Bryson won the open, that they have a set coming. I've been transitioning to a single-plane swing over the past 3 months and am curious to give single-length a try. Would love to see an updated set from Cobra aimed at better players.

  • Like 1

SIM 10.5* playing @ 8.5* | Accra TZ5 65 M5 💣
TS2 15* | Graphite Design Tour AD Blue 75 X 🔥

3i: P770 @ 21* | Mitsubishi MMT 125TX
4-PW: Ping Blueprint Red Dot Power Spec | Mitsubishi MMT 125TX 💵
50: Cleveland RTX4 | Mitsubishi MMT 125TX 🎯
54&60: Ping Glide Forged | Mitsubishi MMT 125TX 💦
Putter: Spider X Navy 34" 🧊

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, JakeW13 said:

Wonder if those irons are the new single length clubs they're working on for Bryson? I know it was mentioned on the interview Golfwrx did with the guy from Cobra after Bryson won the open, that they have a set coming. I've been transitioning to a single-plane swing over the past 3 months and am curious to give single-length a try. Would love to see an updated set from Cobra aimed at better players.

You would think this would be the set they are targeting Bryson to switch too.  Cobra does not even sell the current set Bryson is playing anymore, I’d imagine they want to get him into something new fast...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheMoneyShot said:

You would think this would be the set they are targeting Bryson to switch too.  Cobra does not even sell the current set Bryson is playing anymore, I’d imagine they want to get him into something new fast...

Forged Tour was and is one of the most under-the-radar top performing irons. I’d take them over AP1 (t100), 750s, I blades merely because they perform the same, look the same, but cost less. 
The only problem with the forged tour one lengths, off the rack, came with those 120 FLT shafts which sucked something awful and you can rarely find them on eBay with a better shaft. 
New irons look great. New driver looks cool.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Good point @stanks, if they can release these new irons with better stock shaft options they could capitalize on folks looking to try a one length setup.

SIM 10.5* playing @ 8.5* | Accra TZ5 65 M5 💣
TS2 15* | Graphite Design Tour AD Blue 75 X 🔥

3i: P770 @ 21* | Mitsubishi MMT 125TX
4-PW: Ping Blueprint Red Dot Power Spec | Mitsubishi MMT 125TX 💵
50: Cleveland RTX4 | Mitsubishi MMT 125TX 🎯
54&60: Ping Glide Forged | Mitsubishi MMT 125TX 💦
Putter: Spider X Navy 34" 🧊

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stanks said:

Forged Tour was and is one of the most under-the-radar top performing irons. I’d take them over AP1 (t100), 750s, I blades merely because they perform the same, look the same, but cost less. 
The only problem with the forged tour one lengths, off the rack, came with those 120 FLT shafts which sucked something awful and you can rarely find them on eBay with a better shaft. 
New irons look great. New driver looks cool.

T100 = AP2 not AP1.  FYI. 

  • Like 1

:smilie_titty: TS1 9.0  Fubuki 45G Shaft
:smilie_ping: G410 5 & & FW Alta CB 65g
:smilie_ping: G410 4 hybrid Alta CB
:smilie_titty:T100S/T200 Jet Black Combo AMT Black R300 
Vokey SM 7 54/58

Vokey SM8 46*
TM Custom My Spider 35" 

 

ProV1X No. 12
 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Irons look decent. Badging is kinda busy. 

  • Like 1

TaylorMade SIM Max 10.5 - Fujikura Motore X F3 6

TaylorMade M3 3HL Fairway - Fujikura Motore X F3 7

TaylorMade SIM Max Rescue 3 - Fujikura Ventus Blue 

TaylorMade P770 4-AW - Project X LZ 6.0

TaylorMade MG2 TW Grind 56 & 60 - True Temper Dynamic Gold S400

TaylorMade MySpider X 

TaylorMade TP5X

Link to post
Share on other sites

my brother said it looks like a rocketballz and a cobra had a baby

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Ping G400/ fujikura pro 63 s

Cleveland launcher dst 3w/ diamana red board s 

Nike vrs covert 5w/ kurokage black s

Titleist 718 T-mb 4 iron / amt white s300

Titleist 716 AP2 5-pw/ amt white s300

Nike VR forged 52-56 / dynamic gold s400

Nike midnight method 006/ red pure grip 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, spike said:

Happened to be talking to cobra customer service today and he had hit the new driver. He said it was Awsome and that there will definitely be a more subtle looking model as well as the loud colored one. He didn't confirm the loud one would be neon green or not. 

2 colors.

Black / Turbo Yellow &

Peacoat / Red

 

Women's is Elderberry (basically pink) and Black.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Cobra F9 7.5* w/ Atmos TS Black 6X
Cobra F9 Tour 3w 14.5* w/ Atmos TS Black 7X
TaylorMade Gapr Hi 18.5* & 23.5* w/ Modus 120X
Cobra King Forged Black MB (5-G) w/ Modus 120X
Cobra King Black wedges: 54* & 60* w/ Modus 120X
Yes! Ryo Design putter

Link to post
Share on other sites

Be interesting to see what techy spiel Cobra is going to say about RAD.

 

IMO, F9 to Speedzone was a step up, barely (aside from Extreme). Having owned the G410 for a little while, I ignored F9 but I did like the full surround face milling om the Speedzone coupled with the superb Pars & Stripes finish otherwise I would have happily stuck with the G410.

 

However, just looking at RAD, graphics ain't tickling my fancy, not compared to the G425. Just looking at the sole, weight placement appears to be same. Looks like Cobra kept the full surround face milling. Now, Cobra may have the tech inside so I'd like to hear about it probably later this year.

 

For now, the G425 is a definitely buy list.

Cobra Pars & Stripes Speedzone, Fujikura Ventus Blue 6-S Velocore, Club Conex Uni-Fit
Honma 737 13* 3 wood, Vizard A 50S shaft

Taylormade M4 HL 16.5* 3 wood with UST Elements Chrome 7F4
Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid

Cobra Speedzone irons 4 - PW Recoil ESX F4 shafts
Cleveland CBX2 48* wedge & Cleveland FullFace 56* wedge with Catalyst 100 shafts
Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with BGT Stability shaft
#1 Snell MTB-X / Black, #2 Srixon XV 5/6

Graves One Plane swing

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SwingBlues said:

However, just looking at RAD, graphics ain't tickling my fancy, not compared to the G425. Just looking at the sole, weight placement appears to be same. Looks like Cobra kept the full surround face milling. Now, Cobra may have the tech inside so I'd like to hear about it probably later this year.

 

It looks like they added two 8g weights, one on either side of the center line, in front of the front moveable weight. Presumably this is to improve MOI and reduce spin.

Cobra SZ 9* : Ventus Blue 6-S

Cobra F9 Tour 4W : Tour AD TP 8-S

Cobra ForgedTec 3-iron : Nippon Modus3 105-S

Srixon Z785 4-PW : Nippon Modus3 120-S

Cleveland RTX3 50, 54, 58 : Nippon 115-S Wedge

Piretti Potenza 370g : Breakthrough Technology Stability Shaft - 34"

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jvincent said:

 

It looks like they added two 8g weights, one on either side of the center line, in front of the front moveable weight. Presumably this is to improve MOI and reduce spin.

 

I don't see it, not from these photos. increasing the weight in the front drops the spin ala SLDR but it also reduces moi. interestingly I have a 6gm weight on the front and 10g weight for the rear in my Speedzone but it's definitely not as forgiving as 14gm weight back (original). Flight was lower for sure but I am going to go back to the original weight setting...

Cobra Pars & Stripes Speedzone, Fujikura Ventus Blue 6-S Velocore, Club Conex Uni-Fit
Honma 737 13* 3 wood, Vizard A 50S shaft

Taylormade M4 HL 16.5* 3 wood with UST Elements Chrome 7F4
Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid

Cobra Speedzone irons 4 - PW Recoil ESX F4 shafts
Cleveland CBX2 48* wedge & Cleveland FullFace 56* wedge with Catalyst 100 shafts
Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with BGT Stability shaft
#1 Snell MTB-X / Black, #2 Srixon XV 5/6

Graves One Plane swing

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, SwingBlues said:

 

I don't see it, not from these photos. increasing the weight in the front drops the spin ala SLDR but it also reduces moi. interestingly I have a 6gm weight on the front and 10g weight for the rear in my Speedzone but it's definitely not as forgiving as 14gm weight back (original). Flight was lower for sure but I am going to go back to the original weight setting...

The circled weights say "Radial Weights" and have an "8" in the box.

 

I'm assuming they've moved more weight into the speedback to compensate.

 

RAD_2.png

Edited by jvincent
  • Thanks 1

Cobra SZ 9* : Ventus Blue 6-S

Cobra F9 Tour 4W : Tour AD TP 8-S

Cobra ForgedTec 3-iron : Nippon Modus3 105-S

Srixon Z785 4-PW : Nippon Modus3 120-S

Cleveland RTX3 50, 54, 58 : Nippon 115-S Wedge

Piretti Potenza 370g : Breakthrough Technology Stability Shaft - 34"

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the better photo, now I see what you mean. Wow, 28 grams just the front in that driver. That 2 gm in the rear is a token. I wonder what else they have "scooped out" internally to allow that 2 x 8 gm on the front? Definiitely LOW SPIN, could be the lowest with so much front bias. Can't remember if my R15 with the dual weight was even that front heavy...huh.

Edited by SwingBlues

Cobra Pars & Stripes Speedzone, Fujikura Ventus Blue 6-S Velocore, Club Conex Uni-Fit
Honma 737 13* 3 wood, Vizard A 50S shaft

Taylormade M4 HL 16.5* 3 wood with UST Elements Chrome 7F4
Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid

Cobra Speedzone irons 4 - PW Recoil ESX F4 shafts
Cleveland CBX2 48* wedge & Cleveland FullFace 56* wedge with Catalyst 100 shafts
Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with BGT Stability shaft
#1 Snell MTB-X / Black, #2 Srixon XV 5/6

Graves One Plane swing

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...