2020 Ping Hoofer Lite Vs Sun Mountain 3.5

23 hours ago, Nixhex524 said:

So, I pulled the trigger, on the Hoofer Lite.  I really like the Hoofer, but I'm thinking it is more bag than I need.  I don't carry much so the Hoofer Lite might be more suited to my life and game and I did prefer the colorways of the Lite.  My ONLY concern is the club tangle, will report back for sure.  

Walked today with the Sm 3.5. Straps were good. Almost no club tangle when verticals and with stand out. Bag overall was nice and slightly lighter than ping. At end of the round I noticed the seem near the bottom base was starting to come apart. Quality is def a continued concern long term.   Ping quality seems better with some extra weight and mire club tangle. 

1 hour ago, userwasx said:

Walked today with the Sm 3.5. Straps were good. Almost no club tangle when verticals and with stand out. Bag overall was nice and slightly lighter than ping. At end of the round I noticed the seem near the bottom base was starting to come apart. Quality is def a continued concern long term.   Ping quality seems better with some extra weight and mire club tangle. 

Thats a real bummer if the seam is coming apart... it's the one thing that keeps me away from the SM bags.  I carried my Z85 tonight for 9 and it was really good, but I think shedding a little weight with the HL might be just right.  Looking forward to getting it out, I have zero worries about the quality whereas I would definitely with the SM.

Ping G410 LST 9* Aldila Tour blue 65s

Titleist 917f2 16.5* Aldila Rogue silver 70s

Titleist 915h 21* Aldila Rogue black 85s

Ben Hogan Icon black 4-P S300

Titleist Vokey SM6 52/12, 58/12

Ping Anser Milled 2 

27 minutes ago, Nixhex524 said:

Thats a real bummer if the seam is coming apart... it's the one thing that keeps me away from the SM bags.  I carried my Z85 tonight for 9 and it was really good, but I think shedding a little weight with the HL might be just right.  Looking forward to getting it out, I have zero worries about the quality whereas I would definitely with the SM.

To me biggest prob with hoofer is tangle and stand. Rest seems solid. 

Pretty sure I am about to go from a 3 wedge set up (below PW) to a 2 wedge set up again, so I will be carrying 13... hoping this might help with tangle.  Minuses to both bags but I think I would rather have tangle than have the bag break down.  The 3.5 cost almost as much as the Hoofer so considerably less than the HL...  I can deal with minor imperfections...

Ping G410 LST 9* Aldila Tour blue 65s

Titleist 917f2 16.5* Aldila Rogue silver 70s

Titleist 915h 21* Aldila Rogue black 85s

Ben Hogan Icon black 4-P S300

Titleist Vokey SM6 52/12, 58/12

Ping Anser Milled 2 

1 minute ago, Nixhex524 said:

Pretty sure I am about to go from a 3 wedge set up (below PW) to a 2 wedge set up again, so I will be carrying 13... hoping this might help with tangle.  Minuses to both bags but I think I would rather have tangle than have the bag break down.  The 3.5 cost almost as much as the Hoofer so considerably less than the HL...  I can deal with minor imperfections...

3.5 I think is more expensive. Found the ping for $170

• Like 1

For those who may be interested and/or haven’t heard it before, the Hoofer series base folds as a complete unit when the legs are extended. Other bags either have a foot/extension, or the base is segmented, and only part articulates.

The Hoofer system makes them very stable on the ground. The downside is that the dividers crease and the volume in the base decreases significantly, resulting in club drag. The solution is to move clubs in or out when the bag is upright. It’s not quite as convenient, but it’s not a difficult habit to cultivate.

3068A5FB-FB28-41A3-90EE-85341E8EF39B.jpeg

• Like 1